Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 3
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Everyone please especially note the underlined red.
The Lord Jesus overcame sin, the world, and the devil.

Rev 21:7-8 ... Habitual unrepentant sinners are not overcomers,
and will be cast into the lake of fire.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus

I wanted to do a bit more than just "give you a like" on your post #67 that you wrote to me...
So, I wrote an inbox message back to you...and at the end it says
" This Member does not allow messages." So it was all a waste of time. :D

Then I remembered that I had done that once before! Ha!

Bless you....Helen

I’m so sorry you typed out a message and then couldn’t send it. I would have loved to read what you had to say. :(It is my fault. I’m an odd one. It is the same with the avatar. Sometimes I step forward and then I step back. I’m introverted for sure.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
D

Dave L

If that be the case...then where is the Victory!
It was obviously already a slam dunk ...
...and why demand of something that He has help doing if He was God all the time anyway...

You can't have it both ways.

....View attachment 4389
It was a slam dunk. Jesus is God in person who cannot sin. His temptation was a test to verify his perfection. And his offering of his blood on the cross perfectly atoned for our sin. Note the following definition:

Tempt = 27.46 πειράζωa; πειρασμόςa, οῦ m; ἐκπειράζωa: to try to learn the nature or character of someone or something by submitting such to thorough and extensive testing—‘to test, to examine, to put to the test, examination, testing.’

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 331). New York: United Bible Societies.

D

Dave L

I have no faith in your so-called "learned".
IMO, it's all about being taught by the Holy Spirit.
The baptism with the Holy Spirit helps a lot.
If you are committing your thoughts to writing here, why not read the thoughts of others committed to writing also. Books are good. Ignorance is not good.

D

Dave L

Again, there are a number of people who disagree with that, and do not believe salvation is dependent on accepting these statements written by men.
The truth set us free. You need to judge them only after reading them first.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a slam dunk. Jesus is God in person who cannot sin. His temptation was a test to verify his perfection. And his offering of his blood on the cross perfectly atoned for our sin. Note the following definition:

Tempt = 27.46 πειράζωa; πειρασμόςa, οῦ m; ἐκπειράζωa: to try to learn the nature or character of someone or something by submitting such to thorough and extensive testing—‘to test, to examine, to put to the test, examination, testing.’

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 331). New York: United Bible Societies.
If Jesus was not 100% God and 100% man, the human part most surely was tempted by Satan in the desert. If He was fully and only God, there would be no temptation.
Hebrews 4:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth set us free. You need to judge them only after reading them first.
And if someone reads a post-Biblical document and after study/prayer, determines that they are written by man and do not 100% reflect God's Truth? What then in your thought process?

D

Dave L

And if someone reads a post-Biblical document and after study/prayer, determines that they are written by man and do not 100% reflect God's Truth? What then in your thought process?
Have you ever read any of the Ecumenical Creeds? How do you know the JWs are wrong about Christ? Or the "oneness people"? Answer: Because the creeds debated and refuted their contemporaries back in the day. And then wrote it down for us.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you spend your time in the word of God and not in what 1000 men wrote in their commentaries you will be better served in my opinion.

I'm with Smith Wigglesworth who read only the Bible. If I know the truth then the untruths - lies and misinterpretations will be evident.

It's not necessary to read every commentary to know the truth. I expect no one to do as I do. I read testimonies and praise reports but it's not required to read everything ever written. Many of the writers are not, were not baptized in the Holy Spirit. This is a great lack in denominational gatherings where men are more dependent on natural fleshly thinking than on the anointing.

John said it.

1 John 2:27 KJVS
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The anointing, not religious commentators, is our teacher.

The skinny cows of Genesis chapter 41 are a direct parallel and are exact examples of the new testament scripture "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth". Skinny cows keep eating and yet are not fattened up. Those ever reading ideas, theories, philosophies, comments and books of men will not grow as they would if they attended the untainted Milk of the pure words of God, the Bible.

Early on I read a commentary about Paul being ship wrecked and then being bitten by the viper. The commentator's take was that "being disturbed by being picked up with the wood, the viper had used up all of it's venom in striking and so had no poison in it's fangs when it struck Paul". Thus setting to zero God's supernatural power to deliver from snake bites re Mark chapter 16.

Read the Bible and be filled with the Holy Spirit and lies will become evident.

But do as you will. My time is in His word not in what other men have to say about His word.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

If you spend your time in the word of God and not in what 1000 men wrote in their commentaries you will be better served in my opinion.

I'm with Smith Wigglesworth who read only the Bible. If I know the truth then the untruths - lies and misinterpretations will be evident.

It's not necessary to read every commentary to know the truth. I expect no one to do as I do. I read testimonies and praise reports but it's not required to read everything ever written. Many of the writers are, were not baptized in the Holy Spirit.

John said it.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The anointing, not religious commentators, is our teacher.

Early on I read a commentary about Paul being ship wrecked and then being bitten by the viper. The commentator's take was that "being disturbed by being picked up with the wood, the viper had used up all of it's venom in striking and so had no poison in it's fangs when it struck Paul". Thus setting to zero God's supernatural power to deliver from snake bites re Mark chapter 16.

Read the Bible and be filled with the Holy Spirit and lies will become evident.

But do as you will. My time is in His word not in what other men have to say about His word.
So you are putting your ideas into print for us to read. What's wrong with reading others who do the same only putting their words into books?

God placed teachers in the church.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said my opinion was my own. Do as you will as I said. Don't read mine. They have no value.

If telling others to read the Bible is a sin then I stand guilty. Saying what the Bible says should not be considered a new concept.

D

Dave L

I said my opinion was my own. Do as you will as I said. Don't read mine. They have no value.

If telling others to read the Bible is a sin then I stand guilty. Saying what the Bible says should not be considered a new concept.
It just doesn't make sense to write something for others to read, and then refuse to read what others write.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not indebted to read every piece ever written. I do read your criticisms. You agree with nothing I say so why bother reading my errors?

If you want to rebuke me for simply stating that the Bible should be read in preference to men's idea of what it says then well. I'm not selling anything here. So you like to read everything men write. No problem.

I spend my precious time in the Bible with the Holy Spirit as my teacher.

If that seem evil to you then please pray for me.

D

Dave L

I am not indebted to read every piece ever written.

If you want to rebuke me for simply stating that the Bible should be read in preference to men's idea of what it says then well. I'm not selling anything here. So you like to read everything men write. No problem.

I spend my precious time in the Bible with the Holy Spirit as my teacher.

If that seem evil to you then please pray for me.
I'm just saying, God gave us teachers not to reject, but to learn from. Do you go to church? Your preacher is doing the same the creeds do. Do you accept everything he says? You need not accept the creeds either, but should at least know what they say before condemning them.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

... Need not that any man teach you...it is the anointing that teaches.

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

.. NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU...
“And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:” (Ephesians 4:11–12)

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes until they are filled with the Holy Spirit of promise. The anointing is our teacher. 1John 2:27

Teachers fill the denominational churches teaching against the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit. There are good teachers and bad ones. The ignorant sit before the bad ones hearing all the things God won't do anymore.

This is why, re: Ezekiel 34, that God yet comes for spiritually ignorant like me and others, like Amos that have not been steeped in false religious dogma generated by faithless denominational teachers. Dead seminaries producing teachers and preachers that deny the baptism of the Holy Spirit and gifts of the spirit.

Yes indeed teachers, are listed but not of the denominational ilk that set aside God's unchangeable nature.

So then let it be settled, you will not accept my experiences based on the Bible. That's it. Let us waste no more comments.

Read the Bible and beware of men's ideas, about what it really says is my opinion.

D

Dave L

Yes until they are filled with the Holy Spirit of promise. The anointing is our teacher. 1John 2:27

Teachers fill the denominational churches teaching against the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit. There are good teachers and bad ones. The ignorant sit before the bad ones hearing all the things God won't do anymore.

This is why, re: Ezekiel 34, that God yet comes for spiritually ignorant like me and others, like Amos that have not been steeped in false religious dogma generated by faithless denominational teachers. Dead seminaries producing teachers and preachers that deny the baptism of the Holy Spirit and gifts of the spirit.

Yes indeed teachers, are listed but not of the denominational ilk that set aside God's unchangeable nature.
Do you listen to your pastor? Why not listen to other pastors whose writings have withstood the test of time?

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the Bible. We are asked to assemble. Not to sit and be taught all our days. God has, not called everyone to the same thing. Some things all have in common. But each has his own gifts and calling as says the word. Some after one manner some after another but it the same God that distributes all.

We can listen but agree or disagree. I spent hours and hours each day in the Bible when first saved and it is yet my teacher. I refuse to listen to teachers that put down God's word and deny what is written. Simple as that.

Teachers tell me that the Lord no longer baptized in the Holy Spirit but I had the experience after 33 years as a heathen. God told me that he saved me in my same year as his son sacrificed his life for me and I believed him.

He gave me spiritual gifts including tongues that these denominational teachers per their denominational traditions, tell me is false or is of the devil or is deception. The word of God says different.

Funny Satan didn't try to pull any religious pranks when I was a roaring heathen.

When a false teacher stands up to spout anti biblical tripe I reject it. I'll listen to the truth but not lies and deceptions, cloaked in robes of higher learning, doctorates, denominational titles and the like. Ignorant shepherds like Amos are more teachable than those unfortunate souls that have been steeped in denominational doctrine and dogma since they were youths.

Protestant teachers set in the traditions of their denominational training are like unto the Muslims who recite their manteas all the day long. Different gods but same principle.

Reading commentaries by those denying great portions of the Bible is best left undone.

Reading the Bible is best. No one has to abide by my opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At the moment you were born-again …
you were only forgiven of the sins you had committed up to that point in time!

Since all sin was paid for on the cross, what sin can you commit that Jesus hasn't already paid for and would have to be put back on the cross for?

Reactions: Helen and Taken