Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Unfortunately you are 'one of those people' who have decided that only you have the truth and see all of scripture perfectly ...and those who do not agree with you are wrong!

I can tell you right now...you are deceived. Not one member of the Body of Christ has perfect vision. You do not know all things...neither do you have all truth.
God designed us as a BODY... You are not the whole body.
We have historic doctrine held in common by Evangelicals, Protestants, Reformed, Baptists, Methodists, Orthodox, and more. But these are all wrong because you never studied what they teach and don't care to?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have historic doctrine held in common by Evangelicals, Protestants, Reformed, Baptists, Methodists, Orthodox, and more. But these are all wrong because you never studied what they teach and don't care to?

You confirm what I said...YOU believe that you are so smart and have everything correct...and no one else is a smart or as 'right' as you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said that I did not? We complain a lot about the Catholics, but we have never been able to shed all of the baggage brought with us... Growth is what is needed not more jumping on the old band wagons. We need to make use of the teachers and other ministers of God until...

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Ephesians 4:13-16

That is NOT until we are conformed to the ones who did look right in a moment of time but now are stagnating instead of looking to Him and following Him.

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

Who said that I did not? We complain a lot about the Catholics, but we have never been able to shed all of the baggage brought with us... Growth is what is needed not more jumping on the old band wagons. We need to make use of the teachers and other ministers of God until...

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Ephesians 4:13-16

That is NOT until we are conformed to the ones who did look right in a moment of time but now are stagnating instead of looking to Him and following Him.
There is no unity apart from creeds. They are the biblical doctrines people come together on.

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” (Romans 16:17)

D

Dave L

You confirm what I said...YOU believe that you are so smart and have everything correct...and no one else is a smart or as 'right' as you.
I agree with the historic creeds. You do not. You cause division.

D

Dave L

Unfortunately you are 'one of those people' who have decided that only you have the truth and see all of scripture perfectly ...and those who do not agree with you are wrong!

I can tell you right now...you are deceived. Not one member of the Body of Christ has perfect vision. You do not know all things...neither do you have all truth.
God designed us as a BODY... You are not the whole body.
You haven't even read the creeds and confessions, but you still know better.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn't we be a bunch of hicks to shun book learnin' just because people who know more than we do wrote the books?

"We" ?

I agree with you that you are in need of someone who know more than you....

How did you determine the extent of what I know or that "authors" of books know more than my Teacher?

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

"We" ?

I agree with you that you are in need of someone who know more than you....

How did you determine the extent of what I know or that "author" of books know more than my Teacher?

Glory to God,
Taken

“A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.” (Luke 6:45)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with the historic creeds. You do not. You cause division.

Wow, how arrogant can a person be... beware...pride goes before a fall. And we know who the father of pride was....

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You haven't even read the creeds and confessions, but you still know better.

You are so very repetitive... you are now on all the threads just saying the same thing over again...is that all you have?!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone comes across spiritual truth in a slightly different order, and their views on what the scripture teaches may be affected by that order and also by the circumstances in which they are ministered to by specific scriptures. God has created us, and caused our lives to progress, in such a way that we will all be slightly different in what we believe specifically. Of course there are doctrines that are specifically essential for salvation; but how we perceive these doctrines may be varied based on how we received them, and the circumstances in which we received them, and the order of those circumstances. Some because of the circumstances that they are given never do come to an agreement with essential doctrines; and I suppose that these are the non-elect.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no unity apart from creeds. They are the biblical doctrines people come together on.
This is foolishness my friend, the foolishness of foolish men who apparently just had to have what they could consider an unquestionable absolute. Man cannot comprehend such an absolute but he insists on having his way.
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” (Romans 16:17)
To properly mark them first you must know who they are. Whose doctrine is in error according to God? Have we asked Him and received His answer? If not, we had best hold back with the marking until we have.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.” (Luke 6:45)

Explain your intent for sending this Scripture to me.

Glory to God,
Taken

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These 2 verses have been brought to my attention recently …

“Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord.
Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts (i.e. sins).” (Acts 8:22, NLT)

“Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have
received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice
that will cover these sins” (Hebrews 10:26, NLT)

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

You are so very receptive... you are now on all the threads just saying the same thing over again...is that all you have?!!
Better receptive than deceptive...........

Last edited by a moderator:

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These 2 verses have been brought to my attention recently …

“Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord.
Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts (i.e. sins).” (Acts 8:22, NLT)

“Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have
received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice
that will cover these sins” (Hebrews 10:26, NLT)

Start at verse 9 in Acts and read until verse 24 for the full picture.

Hebrews 10, verse 26, doesn't describe what the sinning is but verse 29 does. It's never wise to throw out just one verse without the surrounding verses with it because it's just too easy to read into something that just isn't there. Paul speaks to the believer in verse 22 and to a different group of people in verse 26.

D

Dave L

This is foolishness my friend, the foolishness of foolish men who apparently just had to have what they could consider an unquestionable absolute. Man cannot comprehend such an absolute but he insists on having his way.

To properly mark them first you must know who they are. Whose doctrine is in error according to God? Have we asked Him and received His answer? If not, we had best hold back with the marking until we have.
Why are you at odds with Christendom? And assume they haven't had the truth until your group, whatever it is, came along?

D

Dave L

Wow, how arrogant can a person be... beware...pride goes before a fall. And we know who the father of pride was....
Do you agree with Christendom about the trinity? Or reject it and agree with Islam, Judaism, every cult on the face of the earth? The Trinity is the only doctrine unique to Christianity.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you take it? I'm sharing with you what I learned. Am I good or evil?

I asked your intent for quoting a particular Scripture to me.

The intent (ie purpose) of quoting a scripture, is told us in:

2 Tim 3:6
All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God, as is profitable;
For Doctrine
For Reproof,
For Correction;
For Instruction
In Righteousness.

How did I take it? (Luke 6:45) I didn't. Quoting me random Scriptures revealed no connection to anything. Thus, why I asked you your intent.

You reply you are "sharing" what you have learned.

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out the evil treasure of his heart bring forth that which is evil: for the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Then you ask me, IF YOU are good or evil.

I can not pronounce to YOU what you ARE.

I can notice your fruits.

I think you show the intent of your heart is to encourage others to seek the Word of God.

However I also think you erroneously teach a man MUST consider and trust what MEN have decided is important, BEFORE and ABOVE the whole of what the Lord Himself has approved.

And you berate men who do not agree with you.

You assess yourself and you decide.

Glory to God,
Taken