prophecy questions about God's Timelines - invitation...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Daniel 9:24 Seventy sevens are decreed for your people and your holy city – to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, vision and prophecy ratified and the Most Holy place anointed.

Daniel 9:25-27 Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, until the Anointed One, the ruler comes – there will be seven sevens and sixty two sevens. It will be rebuilt with streets and drains, but in troubled times. After the 62 sevens, the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come, will destroy the city and sanctuary. The end will come like a flood. War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. He will confirm a covenant with the many for one ‘seven’. In the middle of the seven, he will put an end to the sacrifice and offering. In the Temple, he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out upon him.
Reference REB, NIV, KJV.

Verse 24 - The Angel Gabriel’s message for the end of this age:

1/To complete and finalize the transgressions of the wicked peoples.[Time of the Gentiles]

2/ To make an end to disobedience against God. [Punishment of His enemies]

3/ To make reconciliation for iniquity. [Redemption for His righteous people]

4/ To usher in the age of Righteousness. [The Christians– ‘a light to the nations’]

5/ To fulfil prophesy. [The promises to the Patriarchs and to all 12 tribe Israel]

6/ To sanctify the Temple. [The Third Temple, built by the people of Beulah; Isaiah 62:1-5]
Verse 25: 70 times 7 = 490 years. The first 7 ‘weeks’ = 49 years, starts from the commandment to rebuild Jerusalem in the 20th year of the reign of Artaxerxes. This was in 445BC. Jerusalem’s walls and streets were rebuilt ‘even in troublous times’. As Nehemiah and Ezra describe.

Verse 26 Then another 62 ‘weeks’ = 434 years, plus the 49, makes a total of 483 prophetic years until ‘Messiah, the Prince, is cut off’.

There shall be nothing for Him’, means that at that time He did not receive the Millennium Kingdom. ‘The people of the ruler to come, will destroy Jerusalem, including the Temple’, refers to the Roman destruction in 69/70AD.

Then, there has been a gap of nearly 2000 years, till the present day.
The end period; the 70th of the 7 ‘weeks’ = 7 years will be made up of 2 periods of 1260 days each. It will be the closing time of this age, ‘the end shall be with a flood’.
Flood is better translated as – an overflowing; of troubles. 2 Thessalonians 2:8

Verse 27 The Anti Christ will make a 7 year treaty with the ‘many. That is, the holy people of God: every born again Christian, living in their own Land. There will be a faithful group who will oppose this agreement, so this treaty is made with many, but not all of His people, the Christian Israelites of God. Daniel 11:32, Isaiah 28:14-15.

The Anti-Christ will break this after 1260 days, Daniel 7:25, Revelation 13:1-8, which will commence the Great Tribulation. He sets up his own image in the Temple, 2 Thessalonians 2:4, then after the final 1260 days, he will meet his end. Daniel 11:45, Revelation 19:20. When Jesus Returns.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is extending 490 years of Grace to the Israelites and the Holy City to repent of their idolatrous iniquities
God's word teaches 70 weeks, and not your claim of 490 years

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written (Four Hundred Ninety Years) he didn't, it's that simple

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written (Four Hundred Ninety Years) he didn't, it's that simple

Whatever you want then. From the commentaries and comment I seem to be in agreement with them. How about You?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you want then. From the commentaries and comment I seem to be in agreement with them. How about You?
Once again, I agree with scripture as written

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written (Four Hundred Ninety Years) he didn't, he wrote (Seventy Weeks) its that simple

Perhaps you need to study the foundations on the week-year theory,the modern day teaching stems from "Occultist" Sir Isaac Newton in his 1726 printed work, Observations on the prophecies of Daniel and the Apocalypse of st John, 300 years ago, and growing like cancer ever since

Jesus Is The Lord

(Doctrines Of Devils)

1 Timothy 4:1KJV
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

This teaching of weeks of years found it's entrance in the church largely surrounding the writing of occultist "Sir Issac Newton" in his 1726 book (Observation Upon The Prophecies Of Daniel, And The Apocalypse Of St. John) chapter 10 as seen below

The Weeks Of Years Teaching Presented Is From Occultist "Sir Issac Newton" As Seen Below, Heavily Involved In The Occultic Kabbalah And Its Numerology, Also Occultic Rosicrucianism And Alchemy

Yes It's These Writings Of "Sir Issac Newton" That Entered The Church In 1726AD, That Claims The Day/Year Teaching Regarding Daniel's 70 Weeks Being 490 Years

Wikipedia: Issac Newton Occult Studies

Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel/Part I Chap X
Seventy weeks are cut out upon thy people, and upon thy holy city, to finish transgression, &c. Here, by putting a week for seven years, are reckoned 490 years from the time that the dispersed Jews should be re-incorporated into a people and a holy city, until the death and resurrection of Christ; whereby transgression should be finished, and sins ended, iniquity be expiated, and everlasting righteousness brought in, and this Vision be accomplished, and the Prophet consummated, that Prophet whom the Jews expected; and whereby the most Holy should be anointed, he who is therefore in the next words called the Anointed, that is, the Messiah, or the Christ. For by joining the accomplishment of the vision with the expiation of sins, the 490 years are ended with the death of Christ. Now the dispersed Jews became a people and city when they first returned into a polity or body politick; and this was in the seventh year of Artaxerxes Longimanus, when Ezra returned with a body of Jews from captivity, and revived the Jewish worship; and by the King's commission created Magistrates in all the land, to judge and govern the people according to the laws of God and the King, Ezra vii. 25. There were but two returns from captivity, Zerubbabel's and Ezra's; in Zerubbabel's they had only commission to build the Temple, in Ezra's they first became a polity or city by a government of their own. Now the years of this Artaxerxes began about two or three months after the summer solstice, and his seventh year fell in with the third year of the eightieth Olympiad; and the latter part thereof, wherein Ezra went up to Jerusalem, was in the year of the Julian Period 4257. Count the time from thence to the death of Christ, and you will find it just 490 years. If you count in Judaic years commencing in autumn, and date the reckoning from the first autumn after Ezra's coming to Jerusalem, when he put the King's decree in execution; the death of Christ will fall on the year of the Julian Period 4747, Anno Domini 34; and the weeks will be Judaic weeks, ending with sabbatical years; and this I take to be the truth: but if you had rather place the death of Christ in the year before, as is commonly done, you may take the year of Ezra's journey into the reckoning.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Once again, I agree with scripture as written
OK then; where does 70 weeks fit? Thats; 1 year and about 4 1/2 months.

Daniel 9:25-26 describes the passing of 69 of those 'weeks', from the Decree to rebuild Jerusalem until when the Anointed One is cut off.
We know about when the Decree was made and when Jesus was Crucified. That seems to be exactly 483 years.
Daniel 9:27, then describes what will happen in the 70th 'week' - of seven years. Not happened yet and the second half of that time is well described in Revelation, as the final 3 1/2 years of this age.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dude! 70 weeks does... represent a period of 490 years total.

And the Hebrew doesn't actually use the idea of 'weeks', it uses the idea of periods of 'sevens'. So 70 x 7 sevens = 490 years total, because that's what the sevens represent, i.e., years.

Reactions: David in NJ

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wikipedia: Issac Newton Occult Studies

Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel/Part I Chap X
Seventy weeks are cut out upon thy people, and upon thy holy city, to finish transgression, &c. Here, by putting a week for seven years, are reckoned 490 years from the time that the dispersed Jews should be re-incorporated into a people and a holy city, until the death and resurrection of Christ; whereby transgression should be finished, and sins ended, iniquity be expiated, and everlasting righteousness brought in, and this Vision be accomplished, and the Prophet consummated, that Prophet whom the Jews expected; and whereby the most Holy should be anointed, he who is therefore in the next words called the Anointed, that is, the Messiah, or the Christ.
You rely on Wikipedia to interpret God's Word for you??

The paragraph above is BOGUS. It is falsely claiming the 70 weeks prophecy ended with Christ's death and resurrection.

Dan 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness,
and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
KJV

You left out that part in red above, which is about finishing the whole prophecy AND anointing Christ's future Millennial temple at His future return. I know why you left that out too, and why you appear to be denying that the final 70th "one week" of Daniel 9:27 is ONLY for the short period at the very END of this world, just prior to Christ's future return.

Brethren, Truth7t7 left those things out because he is latched onto men's false doctrines of Amillennialism. They believe that Jesus has already fulfilled all the requirements of His Kingdom, and that it began right here on earth at His resurrection. They believe it's 'their' job to make it happen over ALL NATIONS upon this earth for TODAY'S TIME, WITHOUT JESUS HAVING RETURNED. You will recognize their plans for this present world by another name, the NEW WORLD ORDER, or "one world government".

Reactions: Keraz

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan 9:26 "...the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."
The "prince" is Christ (the right hand of God). "The people of the prince" are the Gentiles whom He sends the Holy Spirit--that is, upon "all", including upon the evil and the good, which is the "flood" without water. Therefore, comes destruction. Then comes the end.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.
This is fantasy.
The 70 weeks are clearly about the real Messiah, not a false Messiah they will except.

Near the end of the 70 year captivity Daniel prayed, confessing the sin of his people and God heard and answered his prayer with a promise of Messiah coming and atoning for sin beyond his wildest dreams.

9 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans— 2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the books the number of years which, according to the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the desolations [which had been] pronounced on Jerusalem would end; and it was seventy years. 3 So I directed my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes. 4 I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed and said, “O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and extends lovingkindness toward those who love Him and keep His commandments, 5 we have sinned and committed wrong, and have behaved wickedly and have rebelled, turning away from Your commandments and ordinances. 6 Further, we have not listened to and heeded Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings, our princes and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.

7 “Righteousness belongs to You, O Lord, but to us confusion and open shame, as it is this day—to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to all Israel, those who are nearby and those who are far away, in all the countries to which You have driven them, because of the [treacherous] acts of unfaithfulness which they have committed against You. 8 O Lord, to us belong confusion and open shame—to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers—because we have sinned against You. 9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and lovingkindness and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against Him; 10 and we have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God by walking in His laws which He set before us through His servants the prophets. 11 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, even turning aside, not obeying Your voice; so the curse has been poured out on us and the oath which is written in the Law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against Him. 12 And He has carried out completely His [threatening] words which He had spoken against us and against our rulers [the kings, princes, and judges] who ruled us, to bring on us a great tragedy; for under the whole heaven there has not been done anything [so dreadful] like that which [He commanded and] was done to Jerusalem. 13 Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this tragedy has come on us. Yet we have not wholeheartedly begged for forgiveness and sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our wickedness and paying attention to and placing value in Your truth. 14 Therefore the Lord has kept the tragedy ready and has brought it on us, for the Lord our God is [uncompromisingly] righteous and openly just in all His works which He does—He keeps His word; and we have not obeyed His voice.

15 “And now, O Lord our God, who brought Your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand and who made for Yourself a name, as it is today—we have sinned, we have been wicked. 16 O Lord, in accordance with all Your righteous and just acts, please let Your anger and Your wrath turn away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain. Because of our sins and the wickedness of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become an object of scorn and a contemptuous byword to all who are around us. 17 Now therefore, our God, listen to (heed) the prayer of Your servant (Daniel) and his supplications, and for Your own sake let Your face shine on Your desolate sanctuary. 18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and look at our desolations and the city which is called by Your name; for we are not presenting our supplications before You because of our own merits and righteousness, but because of Your great mercy and compassion. 19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and take action! Do not delay, for Your own sake, O my God, because Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”

Gabriel Brings an Answer​

20 While I was still speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God, 21 while I was still speaking in prayer and extremely exhausted, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me about the time of the evening sacrifice. 22 He instructed me and he talked with me and said, “O Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and wisdom and understanding. 23 At the beginning of your supplications, the command [to give you an answer] was issued, and I have come to tell you, for you are highly regarded and greatly beloved. Therefore consider the message and begin to understand the [meaning of the] vision.

Seventy Weeks and the Messiah​

24 “Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] have been decreed for your people and for your holy city (Jerusalem), to finish the transgression, to make an end of sins, to make atonement (reconciliation) for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness (right-standing with God), to seal up vision and prophecy and prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

That clearly put the decree in the past when Daniels people were allowed back to rebuild and await Gods glorious salvation.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK then; where does 70 weeks fit? Thats; 1 year and about 4 1/2 months.

Daniel 9:25-26 describes the passing of 69 of those 'weeks', from the Decree to rebuild Jerusalem until when the Anointed One is cut off.
We know about when the Decree was made and when Jesus was Crucified. That seems to be exactly 483 years.
Daniel 9:27, then describes what will happen in the 70th 'week' - of seven years. Not happened yet and the second half of that time is well described in Revelation, as the final 3 1/2 years of this age.
Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal "Future" weeks or 490 days.

When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see (The Antichrist) revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

• Sad
Reactions: Keraz

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren, Truth7t7 left those things out because he is latched onto men's false doctrines of Amillennialism. They believe that Jesus has already fulfilled all the requirements of His Kingdom, and that it began right here on earth at His resurrection. They believe it's 'their' job to make it happen over ALL NATIONS upon this earth for TODAY'S TIME, WITHOUT JESUS HAVING RETURNED. You will recognize their plans for this present world by another name, the NEW WORLD ORDER, or "one world government".
Correction, those that believed in Jesus Christ "Prior" to his resurrection were part of God's Kingdom on this earth

The thief on the cross was in paradise before the resurrection

"That Whosoever Believeth"

John 3:16-18KJV
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "prince" is Christ (the right hand of God). "The people of the prince" are the Gentiles whom He sends the Holy Spirit--that is, upon "all", including upon the evil and the good, which is the "flood" without water. Therefore, comes destruction. Then comes the end.
Scott your setting a record for new doctrine not found in scripture

God sends his Holy Spirit upon the wicked, really

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)
I'm surprised to hear you say this Truth7t7. Are you aware that the Church Fathers and historians treated them as 7 "weeks of years" - not "weeks of days?" - Africanus, Eusebius, Tertulian, Jerome, Luther and more - Would you like to hear their quotes?

Reactions: rwb and covenantee

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I quote...

"I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh. "
All Flesh meaning all saved races, the unsaved wicked isn't going to prophesy, see visions or have dreams, your doctrine is wacked!

Acts 2:17KJV
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised to hear you say this Truth7t7. Are you aware that the Church Fathers and historians treated them as 7 "weeks of years" - not "weeks of days?" - Africanus, Eusebius, Tertulian, Jerome, Luther and more - Would you like to hear their quotes?
Daniel wrote 70 weeks, if he intended to mean 490 years he would have written (Four Hundred Ninety Years) he didn't, it's that simple

IMHO reformed eschatology "Hides" the identity of a future "Antichrist" Beware!

There will be a future human man, and it's not going to be the Pope, Beware!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel wrote 70 weeks, if he intended to mean 490 years he would have written (Four Hundred Ninety Years) he didn't, it's that simple

IMHO reformed eschatology "Hides" the identity of a future "Antichrist" Beware!

There will be a future human man, and it's not going to be the Pope, Beware!
Africanus, Eusebius, Tertullian, and Jerome wrote more than 1,000 years before the Reformation.

Reactions: rwb

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Africanus, Eusebius, Tertullian, and Jerome wrote more than 1,000 years before the Reformation.
I have God's words in my hands, no different than the reformers

You have some weird concept that just because the reformers opposed Rome "A Good Thing", that they somehow stand in the light of God's complete biblical truthtruth, Thats Laughable

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have God's words in my hands, no different than the reformers

You have some weird concept that just because the reformers opposed Rome "A Good Thing", that they somehow stand in the light of God's complete biblical truthtruth, Thats Laughable
Provide us with the name and verbatim quote of one recognized Christian scholar who believes what you do about Daniel's 70 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and jeffweeder