propitiation by His blood, through faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is what I have been saying and you wish to muddy the water by saying I am stating otherwise.

I get a laugh
lots of ppl have made very plain to you that you are stating otherwise, just keep ignoring us and all those Scriptures you don't like and laughing if you want

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
funny, pretty much everyone loves Christ, huh; Christians, not so much

um, the aversion to obedience? The denial of the judgement of works? i don't know tbh, i guess many diff reasons are given for refusing to pick up one's cross and follow? Many would rather worship Jesus, i guess, than become elohim themselves, so that might be going on too

People love Jesus...just not Christians so much.

Why are people so picky about being loved? Go figure! ;)

Reactions: faithfulness

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it didn't save anyone? It only made it possible for them to save themselves through obedience (works)?
Good works are a byproduct of being saved. To me, obedience is a huge part OF good works in His name. Belief in what He did for us and FAITH IN IT is what saves us. The rest WILL follow NATURALLY-IF one truly has received His offering-free gift-salvation. And, one has to receive a gift, no?

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
funny, pretty much everyone loves Christ, huh; Christians, not so much

um, the aversion to obedience? The denial of the judgement of works? i don't know tbh, i guess many diff reasons are given for refusing to pick up one's cross and follow? Many would rather worship Jesus, i guess, than become elohim themselves, so that might be going on too

choosing to attribute the works to the Spirit of God and not the work of man...is disobedience? if you are going to judge someone you do not even know, do it with mercy so mercy will come back to you pressed down, shaken, and running over.

Luke 6:35-38
[35] But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. [36] Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. [37] Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: [38] Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Good works are a byproduct of being saved. To me, obedience is a huge part OF good works in His name. Belief in what He did for us and FAITH IN IT is what saves us. The rest WILL follow NATURALLY-IF one truly has received His offering-free gift-salvation. And, one has to receive a gift, no?
note that the same gift will return "twice the sons of hell you are" and "seven worse spirits" too though, right
so personally i am not buying this "the rest will follow naturally, if" wadr, simply bc all one has to do then is convince themselves that they have interpreted that correctly, like Hitler did
the path is narrow, and few there are who find it

you might try pitching the first part of that post to HR, see what happens
don't hold your breath tho lol

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You have to be careful not to lower the righteousness of God to what humans can do. Many do that. Don't fall into their pit.

If a person can do it in human strength...then it is NOT God's righteousness.

Lots of people do good works. But the works prepared in advance only empowered spiritual people can do.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to be careful not to lower the righteousness of God to what humans can do. Many do that. Don't fall into their pit.

Lots of people do good works. But the works prepared in advance only empowered spiritual people can do.
Amen! greater works than these shall ye do...

Reactions: Episkopos

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many will cry Lord, Lord

is not in There for nothing i guess.
Anyone who wants to can follow the guy who laughs at obedience if they like, there is no law, see

I know there is a law, bbyrd009. I’m only saying you don’t know me enough to say what I do and don’t do. Humility is mercy. And God has it, not man.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
choosing to attribute the works to the Spirit of God and not the work of man...is disobedience?
yes, most definitely, and denying that he will be judged for his works is the proof
if you are going to judge someone you do not even know, do it with mercy so mercy will come back to you pressed down, shaken, and running over.
ok, if that scenario develops i will keep that in mind, but none of this is new to HR ok, we have been doing this for like a year now, and many people, over ten people, prolly 20, have all told him the same thing. And the first six months i actually thought we were having a convo too, ok, it is only after many posts have been ignored, and many others cherry-picked, that you realize you are talking to a drone; a dead guy

why are you talking to me, and not him anyway?
No one denies that the 5-10 verses he Quotes are not relevant ViJ, we're talking about the rest of the Bible ok

so, you got no judgement for works,
you got laughing at obedience,
how much more you wanna hear?
judge for yourself, i'm not judging HR, he can change his mind any time he wants
he chose to come post his satanic beliefs that do not stand up to Scripture, imo let Scripture be the judge of his beliefs.
IRL i would just ignore him, like everyone else surely does, but he volunteered for this i guess.

if you got a nice way to tell him how pridefully ignorant he is i am all ears ok,
bc Scripture does not work for him
heck i am ignorant of lots of things, therefore i don't go into forums and state them as if they were truth lol

pls tell me what is the nice way to send someone to Gehenna?
after you have mentioned like 20 pertinent Scriptures and they are all ignored or laughed at, and over-ridden by some pointless reiteration of a bad interpretation that your Quote plainly challenges, what do you do?
When someone plainly tells you that Scripture saying "all" does not apply to them, where do you go from there?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I know there is a law, bbyrd009. I’m only saying you don’t know me enough to say what I do and don’t do. Humility is mercy. And God has it, not man.
and i honestly meant there is no law, ok. There is no judgement for beliefs for a good reason, and for all i know HRs heart is better than mine, he might easily be just so naive and country that he cannot engage here bc he cannot see the forest, i don't know, i've met ppl like that, doing nothing but good works and unable to even envision doing evil ones, it's possible i guess?

But the point is really that he/they will not even engage in a discussion on the matter, try it and see

and i hope you understand that i've been here like 5-6-8-10 times now ok, being ignored or scoffed at, bc i am stupid and not just ignorant i guess. i know not to get emotionally invested now bc he will be posting the same tripe next week, go read any of his threads, they are all about the same lie

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"note that the same gift will return "twice the sons of hell you are" and "seven worse spirits" too though, right" I do believe this refers to the Pharisees and Law keepers-who rejected The Spirit of God and He no longer will reside with this person which in turn leaves their soul open to all kinds of riff raff...

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have not in the least even suggested diminishing Gods Righteousness or sovereignty...if some one receives a gift, do you see that as works? I also thought I was pretty specific in contrasting works of the flesh and works of the Spirit. And, yes, the works are prepared in advance that we should walk in them...when I say we, I do mean spirit filled born again Christians. And, yes I do know that even the unsaved do "good works". There will be many unsaved "good people"...in hell.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually what you have picked up on is....there is only one way...and that is through our religious hoop. We call the hoop Christ...but that is a sentimental name given to a religious viewpoint we have elevated to be salvific.

It is certainly not the Jesus of the bible.

Are you saying Christ is not the way? But rather Christ is a elevated viewpoint?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have not in the least even suggested diminishing Gods Righteousness or sovereignty...if some one receives a gift, do you see that as works? I also thought I was pretty specific in contrasting works of the flesh and works of the Spirit. And, yes, the works are prepared in advance that we should walk in them...when I say we, I do mean spirit filled born again Christians. And, yes I do know that even the unsaved do "good works". There will be many unsaved "good people"...in hell.
Are you saying Christ is not the way? But rather Christ is a elevated viewpoint?

Jesus Christ is real. As such we can actually go to Him just like we read in the bible. When we do this...miraculous things happen.

But what I say many believers settling for is a scheme that is made from badly interpreted verses....that avoid an encounter with Jesus.

They call this kind of real encounter... "works".

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is real. As such we can actually go to Him just like we read in the bible. When we do this...miraculous things happen.

But what I say many believers settling for is a scheme that is made from badly interpreted verses....that avoid an encounter with Jesus.

They call this kind of real encounter... "works".
"...badly interpreted verses.." Do you have a few examples of these scriptures Epis? Are you speaking about the "correction" verses?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most people in the world are doing absolutely nothing to add to the "finished work" of the cross. The vast majority are not interested in trying to do anything to be saved.

Does that mean they are all really Christians?