Protestant Apostasy Pending?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I did answer your questions. You just don't like my answers. :)

Once again: How do you KNOW? (you still have not answered except to say I KNOW) I know that I, Tom55, am an elephant. Prove me wrong. That is basically what you are saying. I know it therefor it is true. That is not logical.

I don't know if Satan is next to you. THAT IS YOUR THEORY, not mine.

How do you KNOW Satan hasn’t planted his seed within your group??? (your theory, not mine)

It seems to me you are arguing against your own theory. Weird!!! :blink:
I asked you in post #76, 'are you not aware of the spirit that leads you?" And I asked, " Can you not make the distinction between a false and demonic spirit and the Holy Spirit, in your life?" Again, please answer

Stranger.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Stranger said:
I asked you in post #76, 'are you not aware of the spirit that leads you?" And I asked, " Can you not make the distinction between a false and demonic spirit and the Holy Spirit, in your life?" Again, please answer

Stranger.
Yes and Yes.

Clever dodge to my questions. Go on the attack...I like it. A true radical. :wub:

Again, please answer my questions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Yes and Yes.

Clever dodge to my questions. Go on the attack...I like it. A true radical. :wub:

Again, please answer my questions.

Well, you have your answer. I am aware of the Holy Spirit in me. I can discern the difference between the Holy Spirit and demonic spirits. As you say you can.

Stranger

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Stranger said:
Well, you have your answer. I am aware of the Holy Spirit in me. I can discern the difference between the Holy Spirit and demonic spirits. As you say you can.

Stranger
And still no answer...I suspect it is because you have come to realize that your theory is not based on scripture or facts.

That's OK. You have to seek forgiveness from God, not me.

I wish you luck in your theory.

My prayers are with you..........Tom.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
And still no answer...I suspect it is because you have come to realize that your theory is not based on scripture or facts.

That's OK. You have to seek forgiveness from God, not me.

I wish you luck in your theory.

My prayers are with you..........Tom.
Don't lie.

Stranger

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Stranger said:
Don't lie.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I did answer. You were not paying attention. See post #103.

Stranger

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Stranger said:
I did answer. You were not paying attention. See post #103.

Stranger
Got it. You say that you can discern the difference between the Holy Spirit and demonic spirits. Fair enough.

But you ALSO say that Satan has planted his seed within certain groups that is why they go into apostasy. And that one may not know if Satan is next to them. THAT IS YOUR THEORY, not mine.

So now which theory of Stranger should I believe??

The theory that one who can discern the difference between the Holy Spirit and demonic spirits.

Or the theory that Satan might by right next to them and they wouldn't even know it? The seed may already be planted and an apostasy has already occurred without knowledge of the people involved?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Got it. You say that you can discern the difference between the Holy Spirit and demonic spirits. Fair enough.

But you ALSO say that Satan has planted his seed within certain groups that is why they go into apostasy. And that one may not know if Satan is next to them. THAT IS YOUR THEORY, not mine.

The theory that one who can discern the difference between the Holy Spirit and demonic spirits.

Or the theory that Satan might by right next to them and they wouldn't even know it? The seed may already be planted and an apostasy has already occurred without knowledge of the people involved?
Wait a minute. You said in post #102 that 'yes' you are aware of the spirit that leads you. And 'yes', you make the distinction between a false and demonic spirit in your life and the Holy Spirit. So why do you say that is my 'theory' when you agree? Were you lying to me?

I haven't offered any theory. I have stated truth concerning being able to discern the demonic spirits from the Holy Spirit. Which you 'said' you did also. But apparently, by the way you are speaking now, you lied.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
tom55 said:

satan appears as "an angel of Light," after all...

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Constantine also provided the freedom to preach and present the Gospel throughout the Roman Empire. Which is why the Gospel took root throughout Europe.

Yeah, and it also forced compulsory attendance by the masses and interjected a lot of pagan concepts and ritual into the church. The Gospel didn't take root in Europe, only a false gospel did. And many who did proclaim the real Gospel were burned at the stake and other cleverly devised tortures for their efforts.

I am really surprised at the vitriol regarding observing or not observing the Sabbath. Much of it comes from ignorance. If one wants to, then do it. If one doesn't want to, then don't. What it takes is perspective.

For the early Church, and the Mosaic Law, when did the first of the week start? On Saturday evening. That is when they met, as exampled in Acts 20:7-12. One can actually be adhering to both a Sabbath and Sunday observance by meeting on Saturday evening. The meal that is held on Saturday evening is called the Havdolah. It is the meal that closes the Sabbath so is tied to the Sabbath. It is also called, even in Jewish circles, "the Lord's supper". Yeshua rose from the tomb before sunrise on the first of the week. It was more than likely late Saturday evening based of the details of the account of the guards that were stationed at the tomb. If one wants to be so picky as to split hairs over a Sabbath vs Sunday fellowship, then meet on Saturday evening and really follow the scripture. An added plus, one can sleep in on Saturday or Sunday mornings and really fulfill the meaning of the Sabbath... a day of rest. Might eliminate some of the nodding off that goes on in the congregation during morning worship services. (Eutychus was a special case in the Acts reference, he obviously ate too much and wanted to sleep it off). Let's face it, some folks are just not morning people. And if they have rested much of the day already, 6 PM in the evening they are generally not all tuckered out. And it also eliminates that rush-rush to get ready for church in the morning feeling. One can take most of the day to get ready for the evening service at their own pace. All the bases are covered!

Last edited:
Reactions: tabletalk

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Most of the Bible is an adaptation of the very ancient and quite global wisdom tradition that celebrated the exuberant freedom and autonomy of every human individual (Jude 1:24) and the subsequent psychodiversity of the entire human realm, whereas most formal Christianity is an adaptation of Roman Imperial Theology, which was designed to control the masses and make them compliantly stand in neat rows, waiting for orders in solemn uniformity.

Emperor Constantine famously made Christianity the Roman state religion, but Constantine's favored deity was and always remained Sol Invictus, or the Invincible Sun (hence aureoles and Christmas and all that), and many aspiring world-leaders before and since him have used the sun and its signature invincibility as their chief symbol. The sun's invincibility would be argued by the fact that nothing can stop it from moving. That is, of course, unless something even greater than the sun shows up and demonstrates this superiority by stopping the sun dead in its tracks."
Evolution, the Bible and the halting of the sun over Gibeon

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(I would be faithful because it is what God wants me to do. Stranger )
What is the diff in "under the Law" and "fulfills the Law?"
One is by law, the other by love...I do because I love, I don't do to earn love.

I see the above post....again...Once you find a favourite you sure do milk it for all you can get , don't you? :D

Reactions: mjrhealth and pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BTW @bbyrd009 I'm glad you dug up some of these old threads again...I have had a good read today. :)

Reactions: FHII

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I notice that the OP was written by someone in Australia. I myself often felt guilty when I said what I thought about Trump ( whom I would have voted for if I could have voted. ) I am in Canada...and we feel connected to USA and in some things we are linked.
But, when I see people from Australia and even England yipping on about Trump, Pence or whatever. I wonder to myself- " What on earth has it got to do with them?...and how come they feel that they have an opinion and can yap on about what is happening in another country!!?"

I don't see many posts on this Forum where we from USA and Canada wade in and have opinions about the politics of England or Australia!!! o_O

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I notice that the OP was written by someone in Australia. I myself often felt guilty when I said what I thought about Trump ( whom I would have voted for if I could have voted. ) I am in Canada...and we feel connected to USA and in some things we are linked.
But, when I see people from Australia and even England yipping on about Trump, Pence or whatever. I wonder to myself- " What on earth has it got to do with them?...and how come they feel that they have an opinion and can yap on about what is happening in another country!!?"

I don't see many posts on this Forum where we from USA and Canada wade in and have opinions about the politics of England or Australia!!! o_O
Sorry hit the wrong button.
I do see where you are coming from, but I would also like to say that it is the USA themselves, who involve everyone else all the time, as either ally or foe...They have carried on like they and only they are the big brother of everyone else and should be able to dictate to all, what they should be allowed to do or not.....perhaps it's those heavy boots, which can make others a little niggly?
But of course, you are right...we shouldn't get involved...God knows, Australia has a bunch of it's own problems, which it should attend to.
Perhaps because in Australia we only really knew Trump as a reality TV person , that's about all, so people may have just wondered, 'what the hay' ? But then again there was Ronald Reagan, and who could forget Bush Jn ?
I gave up a long time ago, trying to make sense of what and how things like this come about....I might whinge about it from time to time, but I do know that whatever will be, will be, regardless of what we think about that.....
Do you not have a separate government in Canada ? I thought you did ?
Ok off to read a couple of responses on the forum...
Have a great nights sleep and sweet dreams......God bless you......pia :D

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps because in Australia we only really knew Trump as a reality TV person , that's about all, so people may have just wondered, 'what the hay' ? But then again there was Ronald Reagan, and who could forget Bush Jn ?
Well.... Yes Trump had a reality TV show, but that was the last thing he did in a long list of accomplishments. He was a celebrity billionaire businessman before that. And Reagan? Do you mean the B Movie actor or the governor of California which outproduces probably 80% of countries on its own?

Bush Jr. Was governor of another powerful state: Texas.

I don't blame Australians for not knowing this. But no... We aren't usually electing celebrities from TV as president.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading some comments in the beginning of this thread and a few things interested me concerning "the separation of Church and State".

1. This is not an official law or doctrine of the United States. Its not in our Constitution or Bill of Rights. The direct quote was in a private letter written by Thomas Jefferson (who was the main author of our Declaration of Independance) on what he was looking to do.

2. The 1st ammendment states that freedom of religion shall not be hindered. In other words, the govt cant tell people what or how to worship. It is NOT saying any religious group or person can't talk politics from the pulpit or amywhere else.

3. As a result, "separation of Church and State" -- even as an unofficial doctrine of the United States -- is meant to keep government out of religion, not religious people out of Government.

3. Render unto Caesar. .. This is not Jesus saying Christians shoul stay out of politics. He's saying don't mix the two. So yes he is saying there should be a separation, but not sayi g Christians can't be part of politics. He paid his taxes. In THIS country... That means you get to take part of politics.

4. But should Christians? A much better verse to look at is:

2 Timothy 2:4 KJV
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

I will leave you folks with that for now.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@pia .. Hahaha!! Sorry you git lumped in there with my Australia ran. :D
I forgot that you were over there.
And yes, we have a "teenager" as our PM.:rolleyes:
But business wise we have lots of links with USA..especially living here in Calgary..we have many Americans here. I like them...I like there sense of humour.
Not saying Trump is a wonder man...he makes mistakes like all others have done... he can be a klutz, ... poor chap seems to have to live much more " in a fish bowl" than any others before him.
I'm sure someone somewhere has reported what kind of toilet paper he uses in the White House. :rolleyes:
My bed is calling me. x

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading some comments in the beginning of this thread and a few things interested me concerning "the separation of Church and State".

1. This is not an official law or doctrine of the United States. Its not in our Constitution or Bill of Rights. The direct quote was in a private letter written by Thomas Jefferson (who was the main author of our Declaration of Independance) on what he was looking to do.

2. The 1st ammendment states that freedom of religion shall not be hindered. In other words, the govt cant tell people what or how to worship. It is NOT saying any religious group or person can't talk politics from the pulpit or amywhere else.

3. As a result, "separation of Church and State" -- even as an unofficial doctrine of the United States -- is meant to keep government out of religion, not religious people out of Government.

3. Render unto Caesar. .. This is not Jesus saying Christians shoul stay out of politics. He's saying don't mix the two. So yes he is saying there should be a separation, but not sayi g Christians can't be part of politics. He paid his taxes. In THIS country... That means you get to take part of politics.

4. But should Christians? A much better verse to look at is:

2 Timothy 2:4 KJV
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

I will leave you folks with that for now.

I do not mind if church leaders talk about politics as long as they pay taxes