Prove Practise of Worship of the Holy Spirit Is Biblical

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
newbirth said:
you are proving you do not understand scripture...well duh Jesus is the Truth...The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.......Jesus and the Father are one ...the ....same Spirit...
Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
SO you know scripture but the entire Church for 2000 years has been wrong.

Amazing!

newbirth

May 23, 2015
JimParker said:
Jesus said that the Father will send the Holy Spirit. That means that the Father and the Holy Spirit are two different "persons." (That English word is actually inadequate) The sender cannot also be the one sent.
it is one Spirit we receive....you simply do not understand...

Galatians 4:5-7King James Version (KJV)
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

1 John 4:12-14King James Version (KJV)
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
JimParker said:

Amazing!
I suppose whom you are calling the church may not be the church....

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
you have not been reading scripture ...have you?...scripture sats nothing about a triune nature....it says God is ONE......what are the three natures you are talking about??? show scripture saying there are three natures...
Many people make that presumption.
Scriptures show it all the way from Gen 1:26 to 2 Cor 3:14
One God in three persons, indivisible is indeed our God.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
Many people make that presumption.
Scriptures show it all the way from Gen 1:26 to 2 Cor 3:14
One God in three persons, indivisible is indeed our God.
where does scripture say one God in three persons....???? you have no scripture to back up that claim...

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
I just gave you two...did you not read them?
none of those say or imply in any way..."one God in three persons.".....you are reading that into the scripture friend...

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
What DO they say then?

Genesis 1:26King James Version (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

2 Corinthians 3:14King James Version (KJV)
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

this is what they say ....how do you get "one God in three persons.". out of these two scripture verses????

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
Genesis 1:26King James Version (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

2 Corinthians 3:14King James Version (KJV)
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

this is what they say ....how do you get "one God in three persons.". out of these two scripture verses????
Sorry, for the 2nd one I should have typed 13 not 3...fat fingers. So read 2 Cor 13:14 and then get back to me and tell me you don't see the triune nature of God in these two verses. Of course there are others but it's best to start slow.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Sorry, for the 2nd one I should have typed 13 not 3...fat fingers. So read 2 Cor 13:14 and then get back to me and tell me you don't see the triune nature of God in these two verses. Of course there are others but it's best to start slow.
Stan,

This is a pretty good, but short article, 'What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?' (by GotQuestions) It provides a basic understanding of how we arrive at the biblical teaching on the Trinity, while still admitting that it is not easy to understand this teaching. There are some mysterious parts to understanding it.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OzSpen said:
Stan,

This is a pretty good, but short article, 'What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?' (by GotQuestions) It provides a basic understanding of how we arrive at the biblical teaching on the Trinity, while still admitting that it is not easy to understand this teaching. There are some mysterious parts to understanding it.
Thanks Oz but I think I've read that one and quoted it here recently, or on one of the other forums I'm on. All my posts seem to blur into one forum!

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
2 Cor 13:14 does not say "one God in three persons" that is your understanding of the scripture...
Does this scripture say God is one????
Galatians 3:20
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
OzSpen said:
Does one have to be part of your denomination to be part of the church?
God has no denomination....I post a scripture verse(
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.)
and someone replies...

Amazing!
The true church would know and understand the verse...the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ is the same Holy Spirit dwelling in us....we do not have three spirits ...do we???

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
2 Cor 13:14 does not say "one God in three persons" that is your understanding of the scripture...
Does this scripture say God is one????
Galatians 3:20
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
and again, you clearly demonstrate you don't get the vernacular of the Bible. The following is what Ellicott's Commentary exposits.
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one.—The very idea of a mediator involves two parties at least. The Law had a mediator, therefore the Law involves two parties. In other words, it is a contract.
But God is one.—On the other hand, God, the giver of the promise, stands alone: therefore the promise is not a contract; and, resting on God, it is indefeasible.

The Bible never contradicts itself, so when you attempt to present scrip0utre that you think contradicts or supersedes what you have been show, then you start with a FALSE premise.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
newbirth said:
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.)
and someone replies...

The true church would know and understand the verse...the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ is the same Holy Spirit dwelling in us....we do not have three spirits ...do we???
Do you believe in the Trinitarian God or not?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
and someone replies...

and yet God's Word uses 3 distinct words for 3 distinct personas, and they are all ONE God.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
and again, you clearly demonstrate you don't get the vernacular of the Bible. The following is what Ellicott's Commentary exposits.
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one.—The very idea of a mediator involves two parties at least. The Law had a mediator, therefore the Law involves two parties. In other words, it is a contract.
But God is one.—On the other hand, God, the giver of the promise, stands alone: therefore the promise is not a contract; and, resting on God, it is indefeasible.

The Bible never contradicts itself, so when you attempt to present scrip0utre that you think contradicts or supersedes what you have been show, then you start with a FALSE premise.
you say God stands alone....scripture says God is One.. I post the scripture ...you say I start with a false premise...so do you think alone means???