Pseudo Messiah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Listen to John:

2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

John said "many deceivers" = "a deceiver and an antichrist" , as in many equals one.

You have fallen for the lie making you look for a singular individual. Satan is indeed the power behind that lie manipulating men to believe it.

Sorry, but it would be better if you could see the Greek here:

2Jn 1:7 For (G3754) many (G4183) deceivers (G4108A-NPM = πλανοι G4108 A-NPM ) are entered (G1525) into (G1519) the (G3588) world, (G2889) who confess (G3670) not (G3361) that Jesus (G2424) Christ (G5547) is come (G2064) in (G1722) the flesh. (G4561) This (G3778) is (G2076) a THE (ο G3588 T-NSM) deceiver (G4108) πλανος (G4108 A-NSM ) and (G2532) an THE (ο G3588 T-NSM ) antichrist.G500 (αντιχριστος G500 N-NSM )

2Jn 1:7 οτι (G3754 CONJ) πολλοι (G4183 A-NPM) πλανοι (G4108 A-NPM) εισηλθον (G1525 V-2AAI-3P) εις (G1519 PREP) τον (G3588 T-ASM) κοσμον (G2889 N-ASM) οι (G3588 T-NPM) μη (G3361 PRT-N) ομολογουντες (G3670 V-PAP-NPM) ιησουν (G2424 N-ASM) χριστον (G5547 N-ASM) ερχομενον (G2064 V-PNP-ASM) εν (G1722 PREP) σαρκι (G4561 N-DSF) ουτος (G3778 D-NSM) εστιν (G1510 V-PAI-3S) ο (G3588 T-NSM) πλανος (G4108 A-NSM) και (G2532 CONJ) ο (G3588 T-NSM) αντιχριστος (G500 N-NSM)

The first word "deceivers" is plural The second one is singular and has the definate article THE.

Now if you want to believe there will not be an “THE ANTICHRIST” (Satan himself) fine, but you are already deceived.

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
Sorry, but it would be better if you could see the Greek here:

2Jn 1:7 For (G3754) many (G4183) deceivers (G4108A-NPM = πλανοι G4108 A-NPM ) are entered (G1525) into (G1519) the (G3588) world, (G2889) who confess (G3670) not (G3361) that Jesus (G2424) Christ (G5547) is come (G2064) in (G1722) the flesh. (G4561) This (G3778) is (G2076) a THE (ο G3588 T-NSM) deceiver (G4108) πλανος (G4108 A-NSM ) and (G2532) an THE (ο G3588 T-NSM ) antichrist.G500 (αντιχριστος G500 N-NSM )

2Jn 1:7 οτι (G3754 CONJ) πολλοι (G4183 A-NPM) πλανοι (G4108 A-NPM) εισηλθον (G1525 V-2AAI-3P) εις (G1519 PREP) τον (G3588 T-ASM) κοσμον (G2889 N-ASM) οι (G3588 T-NPM) μη (G3361 PRT-N) ομολογουντες (G3670 V-PAP-NPM) ιησουν (G2424 N-ASM) χριστον (G5547 N-ASM) ερχομενον (G2064 V-PNP-ASM) εν (G1722 PREP) σαρκι (G4561 N-DSF) ουτος (G3778 D-NSM) εστιν (G1510 V-PAI-3S) ο (G3588 T-NSM) πλανος (G4108 A-NSM) και (G2532 CONJ) ο (G3588 T-NSM) αντιχριστος (G500 N-NSM)

The first word "deceivers" is plural The second one is singular and has the definate article THE.

Now if you want to believe there will not be an “THE ANTICHRIST” (Satan himself) fine, but you are already deceived.

That is way over your head, isn't it.

You cannot see how your argument fails to negate that John made this comparison specifically to show that the plural individuals equals the singular entity.

I call that out-wising one's self.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
That is way over your head, isn't it.

You cannot see how your argument fails to negate that John made this comparison specifically to show that the plural individuals equals the singular entity.

I call that out-wising one's self.

You will be deceived. Read the rest of Scripture. Do you know who the 594 is? You are already worshipping him. Do you know who the 666 is, you will worship him.

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
You will be deceived. Read the rest of Scripture. Do you know who the 594 is? You are already worshipping him. Do you know who the 666 is, you will worship him.

Those that teach the lie are the lie.

I know I do not teach that lie.

I have read "the rest of the scriptures" I dare say more often than you. But I do not twist any of them and therefore can never condone your teachings as regards the antichrist.

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio

There is a marked difference between how you look at the scriptures and how I look at the scriptures.

You begin by comparing what you read to what you believe.

I look first to be sure I understand what the writer has said, then I compare it to what I believe in willingness to let it shape or even totally replace what I believe.

I read to learn.

You read to prove what you believe.

I empty myself so that I might become filled with God's good things.

You are full when you sit down to the table and so do not really eat. You might pick at the food but you leave the choicest portions untouched.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
There is a marked difference between how you look at the scriptures and how I look at the scripures.

You begin by comparing what you read to what you believe.

I look first to be sure I understand what the writer has said, then I compare it to what I believe in willingness to let it shape or even totally replace what I believe.

I read to learn.

You read to prove what you believe.

Oh! OK! :rolleyes: You must have a crystal ball, huh!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
No I don't know who 594 is. Who is 594?

594 is the first beast that only a few see and worship before the 666 appears on the seen.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
594 is the first beast that only a few see and worship before the 666 appears on the seen.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Thanks, And just how is the #594 derived? its 72 short of 666 does 72 have a meaning? 66+6 = 72

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Well just the same I'm glad you didn't have some wild idea about 594. :blink:

I was thinking it may have been something really weird like this

Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter of the Bible.

Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.

Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the Bible and comes between the shortest and longest chapters of the Bible. It also contains the middle verse of the Bible: "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." Psalm 118:8 (NASB)

There are 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118. If these numbers are added (594 + 594), the total is 1188. <_< :lol:

This isn't correct. Psalm 117 is actually the 595th chapter of the Bible - meaning it is the center chapter.

Jesus wept is the shortest verse.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
It is a triangularly computated name.

Hmmm well I do know 666 has a history, and artifacts. The "magic square" it is sometimes called. See link below.
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/11897-the-true-mark-of-the-beast/page__view__findpost__p__87491

I know that If you add 1 threw 36 the sum is 666
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 + 23 + 24 + 25 + 26 + 27 + 28 + 29 + 30 + 31 + 32 + 33 + 34 + 35 + 36 = 666

I also know that if you make a triangle out of 666 balls the base will have 36 balls the next course up 35 and so on. You can not make a triangle out of 594 balls, but you could out of 595.............................. 666 - 36 the botton course = 630 - 35 the next course = 595 so 594 does not a triangle make.

You might be interested in that 666 post.

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
Hmmm well I do know 666 has a history, and artifacts. The "magic square" it is sometimes called. See link below.
http://www.christian...dpost__p__87491

I know that If you add 1 threw 36 the sum is 666
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 + 23 + 24 + 25 + 26 + 27 + 28 + 29 + 30 + 31 + 32 + 33 + 34 + 35 + 36 = 666

I also know that if you make a triangle out of 666 balls the base will have 36 balls the next course up 35 and so on. You can not make a triangle out of 594 balls, but you could out of 595.............................. 666 - 36 the botton course = 630 - 35 the next course = 595 so 594 does not a triangle make.

You might be interested in that 666 post.

Yes, I do not mean that I think it is a triangular numerology derived name. That was a snyde remark on my part. This triangular derived name business is another theory born also of men reveling in their own wisdom without realizing they are doing so.

That theory says that the Greek letters all have corresponding numbers that they represent. And it says that people's names were converted by a certain alignment of the number value of each of the Greek letter number equvalents that composed their name. Thus Ioseus (Jesus) is 888.

I see all of that stuff as going by way of Shaboigan when your intent is merely to go next door. It is men's difficulty ridding themselves in their pride of intelligence that allows them to believe this to be God's way of communicating to us.

The year 594 is also a focal point for the Gregorian calendar but this also is of man.

All of these theories that have been entwined into the Biblical teachings by men are a part of the foolish wisdom of men that is to be brought to nothing. They are a waste of time and more serious as they are used to create the illusion that certain deceptions are true.

I know that Greek grammar does incorporate a certain degree of communication by the use of numbers. But that fact has been played upon and blown all out of porportion by those seeking to support their private interpretations of scriputure.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Yes, I do not mean that I think it is a triangular numerology derived name. That was a snyde remark on my part. This triangular derived name business is another theory born also of men reveling in their own wisdom without realizing they are doing so.

That theory says that the Greek letters all have corresponding numbers that they represent. And it says that people's names were converted by a certain alignment of the number value of each of the Greek letter number equvalents that composed their name. Thus Ioseus (Jesus) is 888.

I see all of that stuff as going by way of Shaboigan when your intent is merely to go next door. It is men's difficulty ridding themselves in their pride of intelligence that allows them to believe this to be God's way of communicating to us.

The year 594 is also a focal point for the Gregorian calendar but this also is of man.

All of these theories that have been entwined into the Biblical teachings by men are a part of the foolish wisdom of men that is to be brought to nothing. They are a waste of time and more serious as they are used to create the illusion that certain deceptions are true.

I know that Greek grammar does incorporate a certain degree of communication by the use of numbers. But that fact has been played upon and blown all out of porportion by those seeking to support their private interpretations of scriputure.

I don't disagree but nether do I think the knowledge or the roots of such things a bad thing. Like I say from time to time most main stream Christians have no idea that 666 has both a history and artifacts, the very foundation of numerology is based around that number.

Click on part 3 of this site I stumbled on the other day while searching.
http://theunhiddenbible.org/the-hidden-bible/

In no way do I support all the ideas on that site in fact I haven't even read them but historical facts are just that. It shows that numeroligy was very much a part of life in Pompey, before it was covered in ash. The same with the site I found the info about 666, historical evidence is evidence no matter who post it. The fact that mainstream history many times is completely silent on finds should also give some pause. I've both heard and read archaeologist and historians comment about who and what will be academically accepted. Many people in those fields have an agenda just as you pointed out to Tom, they search for evidence that supports their theory, not necessarily the truth. Main stream historians say their is zero evidence that indicates the Exodus or David or many other biblical accounts. The problems is it doesn't support their desired rendition of history.

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
I don't disagree but nether do I think the knowledge or the roots of such things a bad thing. Like I say from time to time most main stream Christians have no idea that 666 has both a history and artifacts, the very foundation of numerology is based around that number.

Click on part 3 of this site I stumbled on the other day while searching.
http://theunhiddenbi...e-hidden-bible/

In no way do I support all the ideas on that site in fact I haven't even read them but historical facts are just that. It shows that numeroligy was very much a part of life in Pompey, before it was covered in ash. The same with the site I found the info about 666, historical evidence is evidence no matter who post it. The fact that mainstream history many times is completely silent on finds should also give some pause. I've both heard and read archaeologist and historians comment about who and what will be academically accepted. Many people in those fields have an agenda just as you pointed out to Tom, they search for evidence that supports their theory, not necessarily the truth. Main stream historians say their is zero evidence that indicates the Exodus or David or many other biblical accounts. The problems is it doesn't support their desired rendition of history.

For these reaons our delving into these things rather than advocating a simple faith is too much for many to handle. And there is where my main concern rests. If I demonstrate to others that these things are important and so lead their focus toward such things, I lead them into the arena of unnecessary complexity and confusion which just might overcome them before their faith has a chance to mature.

Somehow I do not believe that the risk is worth taking. And I did not see any of the NT Bible writers pressing such things. As much as Paul wrote on diviant handlers of the Word, Paul surely would have written something on these things if they were important. But instead he chose to consentrate his message on the (2 Corinthians 11:3) "the simplicity that is in Christ ".

I have heard some say that the absence of mention by the Bible writers supports that such things were common knowledge. That is poor reasoning. It is unlikely to be true. If these things were common knowledge as they say, we should expect to have heard them commonly mentioned. That is what would be normal. But they are not commonly mentioned. And those that reason their lack of mention to be evidence in their support are attempting to entrap others into their confused reasonings.

BarryD

Feb 8, 2011
Hebrews 10:10 (KJV) tells us that "by the which will (of God) we (mankind) are santified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all". So, does Jesus Christ have to come back and finish, what he stated that he finished. John 17:4 (KJV) " I have finished the work which thou (God the Father) gavest me to do". 1 Timothy 4:10 Jesus Christ is "the saviour of all men, specially those that believe". John was the last prophet (Luke 16:16),and the name of the anti-Christ and the man of sin are in the New Testament of the canonized Bible. And an Apostle had to witness the accension of the Lord Jesus Christ.One should pay attention to the tense of the words that are used, and then they will see the true light, and not be blinded! May you have a blessed day!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
No matter how hard some of you try, you'll never get rid of God's Word declaring the coming of a specific false one in the last days to work miracles to deceive with, and that will command all to worship him in place of Christ Jesus...

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
(KJV)

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
(KJV)

II Th 2:8-10
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
(KJV)

Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs (pseudochristos=singular), and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
(KJV)

The context of all the above Scripture is about a singular entity. The phrase "false Christs" is the sole Greek word 'pseudochristos', from pseudo and Christos (Christ). Strongs has it as 5580 'a spurious Messiah'. It's singular in tense, just as our Lord's words in the verse prior and after are about that singular entity.

WHO wants Christ's Church to think there is no specific Antichrist coming in the last days, even though God's Word plainly declares there will be? Satan's servants who don't want it known that the first supernatural messiah coming will be a fake (pseudo).

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs (pseudochristos=singular), and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
(KJV)

The context of all the above Scripture is about a singular entity. The phrase "false Christs" is the sole Greek word 'pseudochristos', from pseudo and Christos (Christ). Strongs has it as 5580 'a spurious Messiah'. It's singular in tense, just as our Lord's words in the verse prior and after are about that singular entity.

You have the correct Strong's word, and Strong's often gives the singular form of a noun but in the Greek text the word "ψευδοχριστοι G5580 N-NPM" is used and it is the plural form. Verse 15 has your singular entity, the abomination of desolation, (the desolator).