Psychics and Mediums?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
““It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.” (John 6:63) (NASB95)

But the words exist only in scripture, or through those quoting scripture. They are not understood by any not born again above a certain level.

God DOES speak to His own today, but NEVER contradicts the Word of God. By that you can know by what spirit you hear.

You have never addressed the fact that we are still living in the New Covenant. Don't you care, or are you afraid to comment on something you are clueless about?

Reactions: Prayer Warrior
D

Dave L

God DOES speak to His own today, but NEVER contradicts the Word of God. By that you can know by what spirit you hear.

You have never addressed the fact that we are still living in the New Covenant. Don't you care, or are you afraid to comment on something you are clueless about?
If we stick to the word, we hear God's voice and follow it. Beyond that it is up for grabs what you are listening to. Most likely your imagination.
The New Covenant became complete with the Revelation of St. John. This is where all the fragments of prophecy and interpreted tongues messages came together. They became the completed scriptures.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we stick to the word, we hear God's voice and follow it. Beyond that it is up for grabs what you are listening to. Most likely your imagination.
The New Covenant became complete with the Revelation of St. John. This is where all the fragments of prophecy and interpreted tongues messages came together. They became the completed scriptures.

Yes, we can receive rhemas from the logos of God. Everything past your first sentence you said is from your own imagination, based on unbelief of what is written.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Yes, we can receive rhemas from the logos of God. Everything past your first sentence you said is from your own imagination, based on unbelief of what is written.
If you go beyond God's written word, you are in the Devil's domain.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they are not quoting scripture, it has no Spiritual content. If it is true based on scripture it does, as in preaching the gospel.

This is like not understanding that NOT being under the law is actually establishing the law. Reformationists believe that not being under the law is freedom to break the law, as long as you believe in Christ. "Justification by faith alone." It is twisted, and you've been duped.

D

Dave L

This is like not understanding that NOT being under the law is actually establishing the law. Reformationists believe that not being under the law is freedom to break the law, as long as you believe in Christ. "Justification by faith alone." It is twisted, and you've been duped.
This is not true. In the Calvinistic Doctrine "Perseverance of the Saints" they believe all who are genuinely born again live holy lives.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true. In the Calvinistic Doctrine "Perseverance of the Saints" they believe all who are genuinely born again live holy lives.

Luther is the originator. None of the Reformationists got everything wrong, but enough to cripple the church.

D

Dave L

Luther is the originator. None of the Reformationists got everything wrong, but enough to cripple the church.
So you disagree with the doctrine of perseverance of the saints that says the same thing you do? People who are saved will live holy lives?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you disagree with the doctrine of perseverance of the saints that says the same thing you do? People who are saved will live holy lives?

We establish the law (holiness), but Calvin is the Reformationist who did not believe in the gifts of the Spirit. Luther did, but didn't believe in holiness. As I said, and you are twisting, each Reformationist got a key element terribly wrong, thus "the dead church." And these guys are who you choose to follow. o_O It wasn't until a later church age that Christians started believing the whole word of God, and doing it, and those guys are who you threw away! :eek:

Gotta run.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We see lots of this today. People even use the bible to forecast the future beyond what is clearly written. But what do you think? I ran across this and thought I'd share it. It is in a NET Bible note concerning mediums channeling the spirits of the dead for extra biblical information.

“Do not turn to the spirits of the dead and do not seek familiar spirits to become unclean by them. I am the LORD your God.” (Leviticus 19:31) (NET)

The prohibition here concerns those who would seek special knowledge through the spirits of the dead, whether the dead in general or dead relatives in particular (i.e., familiar spirits; see J. E. Hartley, Leviticus [WBC], 321, and B. A. Levine, Leviticus [JPSTC], 134). Cf. Lev 20:6 below. Biblical Studies Press. (2005). The NET Bible First Edition; Bible. English. NET Bible.; The NET Bible. Biblical Studies Press.

So scripture treats this as reality, and according to the NET Bible Scholars, the extra biblical knowledge can even include dead relatives speaking through other human beings.

Any thoughts?
Hello @Dave L,

The spirit (or 'breath of life) of a dead person goes back to God who gave, for He is the Father of spirits (Heb.12:9). The Pharisees believed that the dead could communicate with the living, which is why the story of the rich man and Lazarus, spoken by the Lord to them, ironically: shows the error of their teaching concerning this, and the hypocrisy which lay behind it: which was contrary to the testimony of Scripture.

The dead cannot communicate with the living for they have no organs of speech,and no brain to compose thought: their bodies lie in the ground, inanimate, devoid of life. What is produced by mediums is demonic delusion. Those who believe otherwise cite the account of the witch of Endor in 1 Samuel 28, as a proof text to validate their belief: but this was a spirit impersonating Samuel, for Samuel's spirit was with God (Ecclesiastes 12:7), the medium told Saul that Samuel wore a mantel (v14), but if it were Samuel he would have worn grave-clothes, for he was in the grave (gravedom), where he lay with his fathers before him. The words, 'then Samuel said' (v.16) , would have been spoken through the medium, who transmitted it to Saul: Jehovah must have sent 'a lying spirit', and given by it a true message, just as He did in 2 Chronicles 18:19-22, and nothing was said but which was well known before.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can live for God by the Bible alone. If a person is really living for God the Holy Spirit has something to do with it. So my friend, it you are living for God in any measure you are being led in that measure by the Holy Spirit even if you do not recognize it

I agree. But I also know demonic deception is every bit as much real.

Those who say they can be deceived likely will be.
Hello @Dave L,

The spirit (or 'breath of life) of a dead person goes back to God who gave, for He is the Father of spirits (Heb.12:9). The Pharisees believed that the dead could communicate with the living, which is why the story of the rich man and Lazarus, spoken by the Lord to them, ironically: shows the error of their teaching concerning this, and the hypocrisy which lay behind it.

The dead cannot communicate with the living for they have no organs of speech,and no brain to compose thought: their bodies lie in the ground, inanimate, devoid of life. What is produced by mediums is demonic delusion. Those who believe otherwise cite the account of the witch of Endor in 1 Samuel 28, as a proof text to validate their belief: but this was a spirit impersonating Samuel, for Samuel's spirit was with God (Ecclesiastes 12:7), the medium told Saul that Samuel wore a mantel (v14), but if it were Samuel he would have worn grave-clothes, for he was in the grave (gravedom), where he lay with his fathers before him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Fallen angels, demons, angels and even God do not have organs or brains, yet they can talk.

Dead bodies cannot do anything. But their spirits sure can.

It was the spirit of Samuel, not his body.

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see lots of this today. People even use the bible to forecast the future beyond what is clearly written. But what do you think? I ran across this and thought I'd share it. It is in a NET Bible note concerning mediums channeling the spirits of the dead for extra biblical information.

“Do not turn to the spirits of the dead and do not seek familiar spirits to become unclean by them. I am the LORD your God.” (Leviticus 19:31) (NET)

The prohibition here concerns those who would seek special knowledge through the spirits of the dead, whether the dead in general or dead relatives in particular (i.e., familiar spirits; see J. E. Hartley, Leviticus [WBC], 321, and B. A. Levine, Leviticus [JPSTC], 134). Cf. Lev 20:6 below. Biblical Studies Press. (2005). The NET Bible First Edition; Bible. English. NET Bible.; The NET Bible. Biblical Studies Press.

So scripture treats this as reality, and according to the NET Bible Scholars, the extra biblical knowledge can even include dead relatives speaking through other human beings.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I have a thought. Who are you specifically accusing of using the Bible to forecast the future beyond what is written? You have some people in mind. Who are they?

Quantrill

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have a thought. Who are you specifically accusing of using the Bible to forecast the future beyond what is written? You have some people in mind. Who are they?

Quantrill

He is mostly Calvinist and amillennial, doesn't believe in the Millennium, and other things to do with the second coming. He may even be partial or full Preterist. He also doesn't believe in the gifts of the Spirit, so he's taken his Bible and shot it full of holes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is mostly Calvinist and amillennial, doesn't believe in the Millennium, and other things to do with the second coming. He may even be partial or full Preterist. He also doesn't believe in the gifts of the Spirit, so he's taken his Bible and shot it full of holes.

Indeed he has. And, he has tried to identify the legitimate use of the Bible in understanding last things, as some sort of sorcery.

Stranger

Reactions: Hidden In Him