Pt 5. Why I Believe Judas Iscariot is Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
horsecamp said:
you forget Jesus also called peter satan . because peter tried to stop JESUS from dying for our sins ..

God pre-ordaines people only to heaven------ No WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY GOD PRE ORDAINES any one to hell -------------its one own fault alone.. if A PERSON PREPARES THEM SELVES FOR destruction AND ENDs UP THERE DO TO UNBELEIF IN JESUS ---------- and God credit alone if ones goes to heaven DO TO FAITH IN JESUS ..

the bible does not need to be made reasonable its people who need to be made christian by accepting the bible even if it goes against their reason..

peoples own fault for ending up in hell ----------

Matthew 23:37
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?

To Gods credit alone
for those in heaven..

Ephesians 1:4-5

4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he[a] predestined us for adoption to sonship[b] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
Me thinks not. :) Peter may have spoken verbally but Satan was behind the idea. The LORD rebuked Satan, not Peter.

There are some who are particularly destined to Gehenna, such as false teachers. Look it up you will see. :)

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Perdition is just another of the 40+ names of Satan. Perdition = damnation

Just as Jesus is the personification of Eternal Life, Satan is the personification of damnation.

Son of Perdition? Not hard to figure out.

It is akin to "Children of Wrath", Eph_2:3,

"Children of the Devil"
1Jn_3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Satan is a father to many.
John_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Interestingly, sons who dwell with their father on earth, will dwell with the same father in eternity. You will always be a son in eternity to your "father" on earth.

So, whose son was Judas, again?

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
Why did Judas kill himself?

Because of guilt ?

Or was he still possessed by Satan and wanted to end the affair ?

From Luke 22:3 ..... And Satan entered into Judas who was called Iscariot
Jesus straight up called Peter Satan.

I can't help but find that humorous, simply because Peter is especially adored among the apostles. It just shows who God is here, and who isn't. The apostles were human, and they reflect everything of fallible people. It's easy for some to forget that, I suppose. Everyone demonizes Judas, neglecting the fact that they all doubted or rejected Jesus at some point in time.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
jeremiah1five said:
Jesus: "good were it for that man if he had never been born."

That is a very interesting statement by Jesus being that God was the one that ordained every moment of Judas' life from the moment of his birth to the day of his death, even to the act of betrayal he committed against His Lord. Is Jesus challenging His Father's wisdom for Judas? Does Jesus have a secondary option for Judas apart from His Father's will for Judas that is being unfolded here? There is prophecy in the Old Testament about someone that God calls friend that "lifts up his heel against Him."
I don't disagree that Judas betrayed Jesus. He did. He betrayed Jesus by telling the religious leaders where they could find Him.

It was a secret place known only to the twelve apostles who, until Judas broke that confidence, had kept the secret secure among them.

But would it have been good if Judas had not been born?
The verse does not say that is was "good if Judas had not been born". You left out three important words.

It says:

"good were it for that man if he had never been born."

It was good for us that Judas did what he did, but definitely not for Judas. Anyone "who has escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning."

Saying that someone would be better off not being born is not the kind of thing you would say about someone who is saved.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
UppsalaDragby said:
The verse does not say that is was "good if Judas had not been born". You left out three important words.

It says:

"good were it for that man if he had never been born."

It was good for us that Judas did what he did, but definitely not for Judas. Anyone "who has escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning."

Saying that someone would be better off not being born is not the kind of thing you would say about someone who is saved.
Excellent point. Jesus would not have said that if Judas was saved. He would have encouraged him as He did Peter, who denied Him, three times.

Luke 22:31-32
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not:and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Axehead said:
Excellent point. Jesus would not have said that if Judas was saved. He would have encouraged him as He did Peter, who denied Him, three times.

Luke 22:31-32
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not:and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Exactly. To try to alleviate what Judas did by comparing it to Peter's denials might seem magnanimous, but let us not be deceived. A premeditated plan resulting in financial gains and that leads to the brutal torture and crucifiction of the Son of God is hardly what anyone would call a simple "slip-up".

Anyone can make mistakes and give in to fear, but only the basest of people would do what Judas did.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
UppsalaDragby said:
Exactly. To try to alleviate what Judas did by comparing it to Peter's denials might seem magnanimous, but let us not be deceived. A premeditated plan resulting in financial gains and that leads to the brutal torture and crucifiction of the Son of God is hardly what anyone would call a simple "slip-up".

Anyone can make mistakes and give in to fear, but only the basest of people would do what Judas did.
True, true. Peter's denial was a weakness of the flesh while Judas premeditated betrayal and followed through with it. His sorrow was human sorrow that only led to regret and not Godly sorrow that led to repentance. Contrast that with Peter. He did not premeditate his denial and Godly sorrow and repentance brought restoration in his life and not hopelessness and condemnation. Peter was restored, while Judas was destroyed. The difference between the fruit of conviction and Godly sorrow and the fruit of condemnation and human sorrow.

2 Cor 7:9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. 10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
bosco said:
The word "woe" could be just as you wrote it above. I agree that, by itself, it does not determine what we should think of Judas' salvation. I would venture to say that while we cannot know the state of Judas' salvation, that the weight of biblical evidence casts it in a very dubious light.

But the meaning of the word "woe" doesn't help Judas's case, either. From his condemnation by Christ to his condemnation by Peter to his suicide without any indication of returning to God, it seems fairly impossible to make a case for his salvation as you seem to be attempting to do. One cannot determine with absolute certainty that he is eternally lost; but to continue to consider him as one of the twelve, and to portray him, and now his betrayal, in such a positive light runs counter to all the evidence that Scripture gives.

bosco said:
That is petty, Jeremiah. Quoting from the Bible does not make you an expert, and disagreeing with your interpretation or presentation does not make someone antibiblical. Your thesis seems designed to promote OSAS, not to lead one to actual biblical truth about Judas Iscariot.
Well said bosco
Your ability to divide and define the subtleties of his statement is remarkable. :)

Bless you!

notforgotten

Dec 2, 2012
Tustin, California USA
jeremiah1five said:
Because the Scripture says that He is.

Mark 14:19-21
21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good
were it for that man if he had never been born.

I believe that Jesus said, "good were it for that man if he had never been born" because those in hell are evil and wicked for all of eterenity. They have no worth nor value. They would have been better off had they not been born. Judas, I believe is in hell.