Question for non-JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m hoping she will join me in that new thread....if she doesn’t, then I guess you are right.

We will both benefit in that thread as there are many more of us....not here, as it’s just her and I arguing...fruitless.
Maybe God will pull her from the fire.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered everyone of her questions.

What is Born Again to you?
Stop hijacking this thread!

This thread is not about doctrinal debate, including what it means to be Born Again! You did not answer any of the questions in the OP.

You answer those questions and I'll be sure to avoid the other thread you keep pushing.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Stop hijacking this thread!

This thread is not about doctrinal debate, including what it means to be Born Again! You did not answer any of the questions in the OP.

You answer those questions and I'll be sure to avoid the other thread you keep pushing.
Ah, so why haven’t you told Aunty Jane to stop hijacking the thread?

Oh I did answer all those questions..she asked.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a thread called "Question for JW's' that has turned into a relentless attack. There are many such threads where some in this community feel it appropriate to gang up on a particular denomination. (SDA's and others are also targets). My questions are:

1. What kind of witness do you suppose this is to outsiders who observe such vicious infighting?
Not a very good witness
  1. Do you suppose Jesus would judge such relentless attacks as loving, as action becoming of his worthy disciples?
What do you think?
  1. Is this why Jesus suffered and died on the cross; so there can be eternal acrimony over doctrine?
There has always been different denominations and acrimony over scripture..nothing new there.

Many believe they are in the true word of God...including you.

Many are deceived , they remain in total darkness and sin..which means?

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
every soul is immortal.

what is important, is where that soul will spend eternity.

do they have eternal life, or eternal death (also called the second death)
I have not been here in some time, but decided because of receiving an email, to "come by for a visit", and make a detailed comment, feeling the need to do as Jesus told Pilate, to "bear witness to the truth", and in this case about "every soul is immortal".(John 18:37)

Here is what the Bible accurately teaches about the soul, that it is not something that God placed within man, but the soul is us with all our desires, for at Genesis 2:7, it says according to the King James Bible: "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became (or is and not possesses) a living soul."

So, only upon Adam breathing or coming to life did he "become a living soul", and in which before God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life", Adam was a dead soul. How many understand what the word "soul" means, say in Hebrew ?

It is the Hebrew word nephesh that literally means "breather", so that everything that breathes and is therefore alive are "living souls", including the animals, birds, fish, insects, arachnids, bacteria, etc. and found 757 times in the Bible.

Thus, the soul being anything that breathes, is not immortal, for when a person stops breathing, they die, so that "the soul dies", as Ezekiel 18:4 expresses: "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."(King James Bible)

At Deuteronomy 12:20, the King James Bible reads: "When the Lord thy God shall enlarge thy border, as he hath promised thee, and thou shalt say, I will eat flesh, because thy soul longeth to eat flesh; thou mayest eat flesh, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after", so that the "soul longeth to eat flesh" or meat, such as perhaps lasagna, along with pinto beans and cornbread, and a glass of sweet tea.

At Leviticus 23:30, the King James Bible reads: "And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work (or a person that does any work) in that same day, the same soul (or person) will I destroy from among his people", explaining that any "soul" or person who does any work on the Day of Atonement was to be destroyed, for the Hebrew word used at Leviticus 23:30 is 'abad, that means "to perish (causatively, destroy)".

At Jeremiah 2:34, the King James Bible reads: "Also in thy skirts (or of Jerusalem that is likened to an unscrupulous woman, see Jer 2:2, 19) is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these", showing that the soul has blood.

At Acts 3:23, the apostle Peter, while at the temple, tells the Jews, according to the King James Bible: "And it shall come to pass, that every soul (or person), which will not hear that prophet (Jesus Christ), shall be destroyed ("destroyed", Greek exolothreuo, meaning "to root out and destroy completely" or extirpate) from among the people", so that the soul or us as a person can be destroyed.

At Matthew 10:28, Jesus said, according to the King James Bible: "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell", showing that the soul or us as a person is destroyed when thrown into "hell" here, and not tormented, for Jesus used the Greek word apollumi, that means "to destroy fully", and the Greek word gehenna, that the King James Bible reads as "hell", that means everlasting destruction, and whereby Jesus also used gehenna also at Matthew 5:22, 29, 30 and 18:9.

Hence, there is no "immortal soul", but rather the soul being us as a "breather", a living person, dies when we quit breathing (see James 5:20, KJV), and can be destroyed, totally erased from among mankind, in which if a "soul" is placed in gehenna, they will never "see the light of day" again.(Note: the meaning of gehenna as everlasting destruction is also seen as the symbolic "lake of fire" at Rev 20:14, 15, as "everlasting destruction" at 2 Thess 1:9 as the King James Bible reads, as the "everlasting fire" at Matthew 25:41, as the King James Bible reads, where Satan and his demons are to be thrown into)

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This may be a little off-topic although you just mentioned it. Do you believe that your soul is already immortal (eternal)? I know most Catholics believe this. Did you learn that from them or form another place? Just curious.

I’m currently reading Against The Pagans, a seven-volume work written by Arnobius around the beginning of 4th century. In book 2 he is writing against the pagan / Platonic belief that man has an immortal soul. His arguments are compelling but won’t matter one iota to the average person.

• Love
Reactions: Aunty Jane and APAK

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My "knack" is understanding people's doctrines and associates. When you quack like a JW and agree with JW's then you're in the same sinking boat.

I sometimes “quack” like a trinitarian and agree with them. I don’t think your analogy works well. It proves too much.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being “born again” seems to be a term thrown around by many “Christians”….would you like to define what it means, and tell us what the purpose of being “born again”… is exactly? Does being “born again” make you a “saint”? What is the role of a saint? Please explain…..
If you do not believe the words of Christ Jesus...

As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said, “‘I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’ ‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, “You must be born again”’” (John 3: 3-7)

.....there is zero chance of your understanding what anyone says or has experience with.

You are like a Pharisee holding your own beliefs, like Nicodemus, who still could not understand the truth when it came from the Messiah's mouth.

No that is not meant as a derogatory comment but merely as an observation.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"We" in this thread are talking about the questions in the OP for non-JW's. What are you scared of?
SMH.... Why can't someone defend their beliefs if it is brought up .... EVEN out of context ....with in a thread?

Why cant you simply say get back on topic.... and carry on from there?

I , for one, have over the years learned things I never would if someone had not taken a thread in a new direction
because they had a question to answer.

I was just in the process of ... no never mind....

Carry on.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you do not believe the words of Christ Jesus...

As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said, “‘I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’ ‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, “You must be born again”’” (John 3: 3-7)

.....there is zero chance of your understanding what anyone says or has experience with.

You are like a Pharisee holding your own beliefs, like Nicodemus, who still could not understand the truth when it came from the Messiah's mouth.

No that is not meant as a derogatory comment but merely as an observation.

I realize your post wasn’t directed to me but I would still like to comment on it. I believe the words of Christ. Doing so doesn’t eliminate the possibility of agreeing, in full or in part, with what others say.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is written in the Holy Bible that you can’t discuss?
I can, but it is against the rules.... Read for yourself.

So let it drop.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I can, but it is against the rules.... Read for yourself.

So let it drop.

There’s nothing written in the Holy Bible that I can’t discuss.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a thread called "Question for JW's' that has turned into a relentless attack. There are many such threads where some in this community feel it appropriate to gang up on a particular denomination. (SDA's and others are also targets). My questions are:
  1. What kind of witness do you suppose this is to outsiders who observe such vicious infighting?
  2. Do you suppose Jesus would judge such relentless attacks as loving, as action becoming of his worthy disciples?
  3. Is this why Jesus suffered and died on the cross; so there can be eternal acrimony over doctrine?

Seems to me these "question" threads are just attacks in the form of a question. It pains me to see them.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:34-35
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:34-35

This does not say to not disagree with one another.

However, it is good to know that you agree that everyone is 100% correct in their beliefs and learnings through out their lives and I actually think God agrees with you on that.

After all... He is the one who scattered everyone at BaBel and confused the languages because it was better for them to be apart then in unison.....

Think about that for a moment.... Why would that be?