Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A) "It does not suffice to believe. He who believes and is not yet baptized, but is only a Catechumen, has not yet fully acquired salvation." St. Thomas Aquinas

B) "Now, even the Catechumen believes in the Cross of the Lord Jesus, but unless he be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, he cannot receive remission of his sins nor the gift of spiritual grace." St. Ambrose

C) "Without the Sacrament of Baptism, no one is ever justified. If anyone says that Baptism is optional, that is, not necessary for salvation: let him be anathema." Council of Trent
there is only one true church founded by Christ matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Are you aware @theefaith that the principle focus of your posts, all of your posts, from beginning to end, and thus the purpose thereof, is to direct people to your church? Even when you mention the name of Christ Jesus, it is with the purpose of exalting, glorifying, and magnifying your institution.
This ought not be so. It is Christ, and Him alone, that is the center point, the focal point, the central hub attached to which all things are dependant. He, and He alone is the Vine. The Root. Without Christ there is nothing... We can do nothing. Him and Him alone is Worthy of our praise and any glorying must be because of Him. The Protestant ethos of Christ alone is absolute. There is no other name given under heaven by which man can be saved. That includes the name Catholic. It is outside of Christ that no salvation is to be found. Not outside your church.

KJV Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: (nor let the religious man glory in his church)
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

The unwillingness of the Lord to chastise is here vividly shown. . . .He makes plain the fact that only by the most thorough heart reformation could the impending doom be averted. In vain would be the trust they might place in the temple and its services. Rites and ceremonies could not atone for sin. Notwithstanding their claim to be the chosen people of God, reformation of heart and of the life practice alone could save them from the inevitable result of continued transgression.

KJV Jeremiah 9:12-14
12 Who is the wise man, that may understand this? and who is he to whom the mouth of the LORD hath spoken, that he may declare it, for what the land perisheth and is burned up like a wilderness, that none passeth through?
13 And the LORD saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein;
14 But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:

If God spared not Israel... If God spared not the children of Adam in Noah's day... If God spared not the angels who rebelled against God's laws... Why will He spare a church that lives in selfish luxury, possesses great riches for it's own glorying, magnifies itself
KJV Revelation 18:7
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

You misrepresent Protestantism in order to glorify Catholicism. You ask, what happened to
faith alone...
Christ alone...
Grace alone...
And I will add, scripture alone.
If you have the scriptures, if you have faith, if you have Christ, and if you have grace, they are not alone. They have each other and are in harmony with each other.
It is the rituals and the dogmas and the man made doctrines of the institution you uphold...
The rituals that replace Christ...
The teachings that replace scriptures...
The dogmas that glorify the institution...
The doctrines that negate faith...
The works that deny grace...

These and many more are the reasons why the reformers were so hated and maligned for preaching against the abominations that were freely and without shame practised and taught in the church of the 16th,17th, and 18th centuries. Hence why the only weapon used against those reformers was not the gospel, no, but force, coercion, persecution, and death.
Don't speak to us of things you think we cannot answer or understand. Turn your life over to Christ, exalt Christ, then, and only then, is the beginning of wisdom.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you aware @theefaith that the principle focus of your posts, all of your posts, from beginning to end, and thus the purpose thereof, is to direct people to your church?
If I didn't already have a church, this thread would drive me to a church that practices a "Believer's Baptism," which was advanced by the story of Philip & the Ethiopian Eunuch.

If @theefaith is Catholic, that passage contradicts what I understand the RCC position to be.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I didn't already have a church, this thread would drive me to a church that practices a "Believer's Baptism," which was advanced by the story of Philip & the Ethiopian Eunuch.

If @theefaith is Catholic, that passage contradicts what I understand the RCC position to be.
I was raised Catholic, but came to know Christ at age 23. I then returned to the Catholic Church having not darkened it's doors since leaving school. I attended mass twice, and only twice... The Jesus I had just met for the first time wasn't there.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Eunuch was an adult so, of COURSE his baptism was preceded by be his belief.

A baby, on the other hand, is Baptized on the faith of his parents and raised in the faith - just like the OT type that was infant circumcision. Why is this so difficut to understand?

Also - why did the Early Church preach and practice Infant Baptism, stating that this was handed down to them by the Apostles themselves?

Irenaeus
"He [Jesus] came to save all through himself; all, I say, who through him are reborn in God: INFANTS, and children, and youths, and old men.
(Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
"Baptize first the CHILDREN, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them" (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D. 215]).

Origen
"Every soul that is born into flesh is soiled by the filth of wickedness and sin. . . . In the Church, baptism is given for the remission of sins, and, according to the usage of the Church, baptism is given even to INFANTS. If there were nothing in infants which required the remission of sins and nothing in them pertinent to forgiveness, the grace of baptism would seem superfluous" (Homilies on Leviticus 8:3 [A.D. 248]).
"The Church received from the APOSTLES the tradition of giving baptism even to INFANTS. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of the divine sacraments, knew there are in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit" (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Augustine
"The custom of Mother Church in baptizing INFANTS is certainly not to be scorned, nor is it to be regarded in any way as superfluous, nor is it to be believed that its tradition is anything except APOSTOLIC" (The Literal Interpretation of Genesis 10:23:39 [A.D. 408]).

Which passage is that?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you aware @theefaith that the principle focus of your posts, all of your posts, from beginning to end, and thus the purpose thereof, is to direct people to your church? Even when you mention the name of Christ Jesus, it is with the purpose of exalting, glorifying, and magnifying your institution.
This ought not be so. It is Christ, and Him alone, that is the center point, the focal point, the central hub attached to which all things are dependant. He, and He alone is the Vine. The Root. Without Christ there is nothing... We can do nothing. Him and Him alone is Worthy of our praise and any glorying must be because of Him. The Protestant ethos of Christ alone is absolute. There is no other name given under heaven by which man can be saved. That includes the name Catholic. It is outside of Christ that no salvation is to be found. Not outside your church.

KJV Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: (nor let the religious man glory in his church)
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

The unwillingness of the Lord to chastise is here vividly shown. . . .He makes plain the fact that only by the most thorough heart reformation could the impending doom be averted. In vain would be the trust they might place in the temple and its services. Rites and ceremonies could not atone for sin. Notwithstanding their claim to be the chosen people of God, reformation of heart and of the life practice alone could save them from the inevitable result of continued transgression.

KJV Jeremiah 9:12-14
12 Who is the wise man, that may understand this? and who is he to whom the mouth of the LORD hath spoken, that he may declare it, for what the land perisheth and is burned up like a wilderness, that none passeth through?
13 And the LORD saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein;
14 But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:

If God spared not Israel... If God spared not the children of Adam in Noah's day... If God spared not the angels who rebelled against God's laws... Why will He spare a church that lives in selfish luxury, possesses great riches for it's own glorying, magnifies itself
KJV Revelation 18:7
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

You misrepresent Protestantism in order to glorify Catholicism. You ask, what happened to
faith alone...
Christ alone...
Grace alone...
And I will add, scripture alone.
If you have the scriptures, if you have faith, if you have Christ, and if you have grace, they are not alone. They have each other and are in harmony with each other.
It is the rituals and the dogmas and the man made doctrines of the institution you uphold...
The rituals that replace Christ...
The teachings that replace scriptures...
The dogmas that glorify the institution...
The doctrines that negate faith...
The works that deny grace...

These and many more are the reasons why the reformers were so hated and maligned for preaching against the abominations that were freely and without shame practised and taught in the church of the 16th,17th, and 18th centuries. Hence why the only weapon used against those reformers was not the gospel, no, but force, coercion, persecution, and death.
Don't speak to us of things you think we cannot answer or understand. Turn your life over to Christ, exalt Christ, then, and only then, is the beginning of wisdom.

no shame to glorify the bride of Christ!
Christ and his church are one!
The church continues to do what Christ did until He returns!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what Mary's sinlessness hs to do with Jesus' voluntary sacrifice.
Can you elaborate?
What did Jesus pray in the garden? If there were any other way . . .

The cross was God's chosen way to remove the sin of the world. To free us from the curse. The cross, not 'immaculate conception'. If that was the way, God could have just done that for everyone, and viola! No more sinfulness in man. But God determined by the cross.

Much love!

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ and his church are one!
By "church" I am too assume you mean to be understood that the Catholic Church and Christ are one. I would also assume such "oneness" includes those times when through the use of political assignations and the armies thereof, over a time period covering centuries from the time of Clovis to the Spanish armada and numerous in between and beyond, entire communities were decimated in the name of this "oneness" you speak of. I say rubbish. You blaspheme Christ by associating Him with and in these genocidal rampages by papal sponsored murdering tyrants.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A) "It does not suffice to believe. He who believes and is not yet baptized, but is only a Catechumen, has not yet fully acquired salvation." St. Thomas Aquinas

B) "Now, even the Catechumen believes in the Cross of the Lord Jesus, but unless he be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, he cannot receive remission of his sins nor the gift of spiritual grace." St. Ambrose

C) "Without the Sacrament of Baptism, no one is ever justified. If anyone says that Baptism is optional, that is, not necessary for salvation: let him be anathema." Council of Trent

Nope. None of these were around when Phillip baptised the eunuch.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@theefaith before quoting the so called "Apostolic fathers' I suggest you test their teachings in accordance to scriptural criteria...
"To the law and to the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them". Isaiah 8:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "church" I am too assume you mean to be understood that the Catholic Church and Christ are one. I would also assume such "oneness" includes those times when through the use of political assignations and the armies thereof, over a time period covering centuries from the time of Clovis to the Spanish armada and numerous in between and beyond, entire communities were decimated in the name of this "oneness" you speak of. I say rubbish. You blaspheme Christ by associating Him with and in these genocidal rampages by papal sponsored murdering tyrants.
Heresy is treason against God
Is no one to defend the rights of God?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus pray in the garden? If there were any other way . . .

The cross was God's chosen way to remove the sin of the world. To free us from the curse. The cross, not 'immaculate conception'. If that was the way, God could have just done that for everyone, and viola! No more sinfulness in man. But God determined by the cross.

Much love!
Ahh - okay.

The Immaculate Conception isn't about MAry anyway. It's ALL about Jesus.
Mary's sinlessness is simply the fulfillment of the Ark of the Covenant because of her role as the Ark of the NEW Covenant.

As in every other case - God's plan is perfect . . .

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)
NT - The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) who carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT - When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the Word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT - The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom in the hill country of Judea for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God goes to Elizabeth's house in the hill country of Judea for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT - The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT - On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV
[17] For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh - okay.

The Immaculate Conception isn't about MAry anyway. It's ALL about Jesus.
Mary's sinlessness is simply the fulfillment of the Ark of the Covenant because of her role as the Ark of the NEW Covenant.

As in every other case - God's plan is perfect . . .

The ark of the New Covenant . . . that's an interesting idea. I've never come across that in the Bible, myself. This is an interesting list of comparison.

I'd like to suggest that this is highly subjective.

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)
NT - The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) who carried the Word of God.

The Word written on stone was given to Moses, who brought it to the people. It was placed in the Ark for storage. It was not conceived in the Ark. To me this is just a matter of what part you want to highlight.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

Luke 1:41-44 KJV
41) And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42) And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43) And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44) For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

2 Samuel 6:7-10 KJV
7) And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
8) And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perezuzzah to this day.
9) And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?
10) So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite.

It seems to me that in the Samuel passage, it's the opposite. Elizabeth rejoices as Mary comes to see her, while David is too afraid to bring the ark.

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT - When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the Word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

And Mariam danced after the deliverance through the Red Sea, and Habakkuk lept and spun in circles for joy in hearing God's involvment with man.

We can go through and find similarities, but can we actually show the doctrine taught in the Bible?

That's what I look for, myself.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Types and figures are biblical

and logical

Jn 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: (on the cross)

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
(Portrayed)

The sun and the moon and the stars!

Types and figures:

The sun a type of Jesus the son of justice, who by His passion and cross merits eternal light and life!

The moon a type of Mary!

The stars a type of the saints!

As the stars and moon get light from the sun and not of themselves so they reflect the glory of the eternal son of God!

But as the moon was s much brighter than the stars so is Mary the greatest and most highly exalted among the saints! And is the queen of the angels and saints!

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Genesis
The greater light to govern the day!
Those who live in the state of grace, the kingdom of justice! Jesus rules the kingdom of justice!

The lesser light to govern the night, those who live in sin, the refuge of sinners, mother of divine grace and mercy! Mary rules the kingdom of mercy!

Just as Esther found favor with the king and received half the kingdom, so does Mary! Lk 1:30

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house to of bread!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, (Isa 7:14) and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Serpent

The high priest sprinkles the blood of the lamb on the Ark of the covenant and the people!

Jesus on the cross (high priest) let’s His blood (lamb of God) fall on Mary (ark of the new covenant) and Mary and John (the people) signifying eternal redemption!

Brazen serpent!

Sinless immaculate!

Anything consecrated to God’s service must be immaculate pure and Holy!

Ex 25:11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

Incorruptible wood covered in pure gold
Symbolic of immaculate purity and holiness!

Anything consecrated to God for His service cannot be used in an ordinary way or ordinary use.

Mary is consecrated to for His service, pure immaculate holy!

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Total war none of his works are found in Her!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Rev 12:1 great sign (Isa 7:14 a sign) woman clothed with the sun.
Immaculate purity

Rev 12: 7 queen of the angels

Again total war between Mary and Satan!
Rev 12:13

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

Mary is Spiritual Mother of Christians!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Mary is spiritual Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Just as Eve was the mother of all the living
Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

In the communion of saints She is Mary help of Christians who consented to our salvation and gave us the savior! The mother of our salvation! Lk 1:28 Lk 1:30 Lk 2:30

Queen Esther is a type of Mary

Both are Queens
Both are fair
Both find favor, Ester with the king, Mary with God. Lk 1:30
Both intercede for the salvation of their people. Lk 1:38 Mary consents to our salvation!

2:16 So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.

17 And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti.

18 Then the king made a great feast unto all his princes and his servants, even Esther's feast; and he made a release to the provinces, and gave gifts, according to the state of the king.

5:1 Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house.

2 And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre.

3 Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.

4 And Esther answered, If it seem good unto the king, let the king and Haman come this day unto the banquet that I have prepared for him.

5 Then the king said, Cause Haman to make haste, that he may do as Esther hath said. So the king and Haman came to the banquet that Esther had prepared.

6 And the king said unto Esther at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? even to the half of the kingdom it shall be performed.

7 Then answered Esther, and said, My petition and my request is;

8 If I have found favour in the sight of the king, and if it please the king to grant my petition, and to perform my request, let the king and Haman come to the banquet that I shall prepare for them, and I will do to morrow as the king hath said.

9 Then went Haman forth that day joyful and with a glad heart: but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king's gate, that he stood not up, nor moved for him, he was full of indignation against Mordecai.

7:1 So the king and Haman came to banquet with Esther the queen.

2 And the king said again unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition, queen Esther? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? and it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom.

3 Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogma’s of Mary!

Immaculate Conception! Lk 1:49

Perpetual Virginity! Lk 1:28 and Lk 1:34
( Sinlessness! Gen 3:15)

Assumption into heaven body and soul! Rev 12:1

Mother of God! Lk 1:43

Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope BI. Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
(Enmities total war, none of satan’s works found in Her immaculate purity)

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Mary must have immaculate purity)

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
(Immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

Rev 12:1 a woman clothed with the sun.
(Immaculate purity)

——————————————

APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTION OF
POPE PIUS XII
MUNIFICENTISSIMUS DEUS
DEFINING THE DOGMA OF THE ASSUMPTION

“We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”

Rev 12:1 and there appeared a great sign in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun...(body and soul in heaven)

————————————-

Mother of God
Council Of Ephesus – 431 A.D.

If anyone does not confess that Emmanuel is God in truth, and therefore that the holy virgin is the mother of God (for she bore in a fleshly way the Word of God become flesh) let him be anathema.

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

—————————————-

Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council! Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 bound on earth bound in heaven!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (does James save his people?)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary where the Holy Spirit has conceived, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness!

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples.

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

“You had good reason to be horrified at the thought that another birth might issue from the same virginal womb from which Christ was born according to the flesh. For the Lord Jesus would never have chosen to be born of a virgin if he had ever judged that she would be so incontinent as to contaminate with the seed of human intercourse the birthplace of the Lord’s body, that court of the eternal king” (ancient writer)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

St Augustine, Sermons 186.1 (early 5th century):

“In being born of a Virgin who chose to remain a Virgin even before she knew who was to be born of her, Christ wanted to approve virginity rather than to impose it. And he wanted virginity to be of free choice even in that woman in whom he took upon himself the form of a slave” (Holy Virginity 4:4 [A.D. 401]).

“It was not the visible sun, but its invisible Creator who consecrated this day for us, when the Virgin Mother, fertile of womb and integral in her virginity, brought him forth, made visible for us, by whom, when he was invisible, she too was created. A Virgin conceiving, a Virgin bearing, a Virgin pregnant, a Virgin bringing forth, a Virgin perpetual. Why do you wonder at this, O man?” (Sermons 186:1 [A.D. 411]).

“Heretics called Antidicomarites are those who contradict the perpetual virginity of Mary and affirm that after Christ was born she was joined as one with her husband” (Heresies 56 [A.D. 428]).

St Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, III.28.3 (13th century):

"Without any hesitation we must abhor the error of Helvidius, who dared to assert that Christ's Mother, after His Birth, was carnally known by Joseph, and bore other children.

For, in the first place, this is derogatory to Christ's perfection: for as He is in His Godhead the Only-Begotten of the Father, being thus His Son in every respect perfect, so it was becoming that He should be the Only-begotten son of His Mother, as being her perfect offspring.

“Secondly, this error is an insult to the Holy Ghost, whose "shrine" was the virginal womb, wherein He had formed the flesh of Christ: wherefore it was unbecoming that it should be desecrated by intercourse with man.

“Thirdly, this is derogatory to the dignity and holiness of God's Mother: for thus she would seem to be most ungrateful, were she not content with such a Son; and were she, of her own accord, by carnal intercourse to forfeit that virginity which had been miraculously preserved in her.

“Fourthly, it would be tantamount to an imputation of extreme presumption in Joseph, to assume that he attempted to violate her whom by the angel's revelation he knew to have conceived by the Holy Ghost.

“We must therefore simply assert that the Mother of God, as she was a virgin in conceiving Him and a virgin in giving Him birth, did she remain a virgin ever afterwards."

The blessed Mary mother of God, is a perpetual virgin to the glory of God!