Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the fruit of Mary. Whoever wants the fruit must go to the tree. Whoever wants Jesus must go to Mary. whoever finds Mary will most certainly find Jesus.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was the fruit of Mary. Whoever wants the fruit must go to the tree. Whoever wants Jesus must go to Mary. whoever finds Mary will most certainly find Jesus.
You promote this garbage and have the audacity to defend your church's murder of heretics? Seriously? And you wonder why the reformers thought your church needed reformation. So blind.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You promote this garbage and have the audacity to defend your church's murder of heretics? Seriously? And you wonder why the reformers thought your church needed reformation. So blind.

murder? No
Execution of justice

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of a sudden @theefaith , we get three long spam posts full of religious superstition and assumption laden upon presumption.
Are you going away somewhere? Is this a final unload of residual information overload?

something wrong with scripture?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
murder? No
Execution of justice
Uh huh. So, to have a conscience and living according to what you believe scripture teaches according to conscience, in the eyes of Catholicism is worthy of death. No where in scripture is there any indication that the church is to carry out capital punishment upon anyone who believes different from the church. That's murder.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the eunuch was a mere Catechumen until Philip baptized him

Not as far as I know. He was A eunich of some importance from Ethiopia. They didn't have catechumens in those days. That was invented by the Catholic church later.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh. So, to have a conscience and living according to what you believe scripture teaches according to conscience, in the eyes of Catholicism is worthy of death. No where in scripture is there any indication that the church is to carry out capital punishment upon anyone who believes different from the church. That's murder.

not the domain of the church but the state

Romans 13:4
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not as far as I know. He was A eunich of some importance from Ethiopia. They didn't have catechumens in those days. That was invented by the Catholic church later.

your from mars i guess
Luke 1:4 instructed = catechumen

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

truth does not matter to you I suppose

the chief concern of the true church of Christ is the salvation of souls and the safeguarding of the sacred deposit of faith from all errors eph 4:5

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
your from mars i guess
Luke 1:4 instructed = catechumen
Actually I am from Australia but I do like Mars Bars. And it is a no no to base a doctrine on one verse of scripture. That is proof texting, not exegesis.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
truth does not matter to you I suppose

the chief concern of the true church of Christ is the salvation of souls and the safeguarding of the sacred deposit of faith from all errors eph 4:5
And according to Catholicism... You in particular... The utter removal of free conscience. Which is why the Catholic Church despises the US constitution and why Protestants in America should be deeply concerned with the ordinance of Catholics in government. Freedom of religion and freedom of conscience in America is fast becoming what will soon be found only in secluded places away from the prying eyes of government. Yet inexplicably, Protestants are blind to this inevitability, even though they claim to understand prophecy.
KJV Revelation 13:11-18
11 And I beheld another beast(the United States) coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast (the Papacy) before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and there are many they cannot answer

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism???????????????????????

explain acts 8 then

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

why the same doctrine? Faith and baptism
Why rejoice? Faith and baptism make him a Christian
Member of Christ in the new covenant
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism????
We read there that Philip preached Jesus to the eunuch. Wouldn't that mean he would have preached baptism too? Since Jesus preached baptism I think that would be how the eunuch first learned of Baptism.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am thankful to @theefaith for his candor in describing the true nature of Catholicism, unlike other Catholics on this forum who choose to hide certain realities behind Their bluster.
@theefaith has no qualms about openly admitting that his church has, in the past, used force of arms, torture, and war and death (through her agents, national armies) in order to enforce Catholic doctrine upon the world. He openly repudiates any suggestion that anyone should be allowed to use their God given conscience in deciding what is truth. Such decisions are m not for individuals to make according to @theefaith and his Catholic masters, but rather it is for the church and the church alone to decide how and what a person should believe. He also admits that error ought to be punished in order to protect the truth. This is the purity of Catholic authoritarianism. This is the future for the United States of America. Ironic indeed it's the fact that under the present Republican constitutional form of government, his freedom to voice these thoughts and ideas are guaranteed. Equally ironic and downright scary for many, is the increasing pressure being put upon society to desist from objecting (protesting) against such strictures.
But good on you @theefaith ... Thanks for your candor and your honesty.