Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And according to Catholicism... You in particular... The utter removal of free conscience. Which is why the Catholic Church despises the US constitution and why Protestants in America should be deeply concerned with the ordinance of Catholics in government. Freedom of religion and freedom of conscience in America is fast becoming what will soon be found only in secluded places away from the prying eyes of government. Yet inexplicably, Protestants are blind to this inevitability, even though they claim to understand prophecy.
KJV Revelation 13:11-18
11 And I beheld another beast(the United States) coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast (the Papacy) before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

at least your right about the so-called bill of rights
Free speech press

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We read there that Philip preached Jesus to the eunuch. Wouldn't that mean he would have preached baptism too? Since Jesus preached baptism I think that would be how the eunuch first learned of Baptism.

that would be logical

but fundamentalists say he preached
Faith alone
Christ alone
Grace alone

Reactions: Amazed@grace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am thankful to @theefaith for his candor in describing the true nature of Catholicism, unlike other Catholics on this forum who choose to hide certain realities behind Their bluster.
@theefaith has no qualms about openly admitting that his church has, in the past, used force of arms, torture, and war and death (through her agents, national armies) in order to enforce Catholic doctrine upon the world. He openly repudiates any suggestion that anyone should be allowed to use their God given conscience in deciding what is truth. Such decisions are m not for individuals to make according to @theefaith and his Catholic masters, but rather it is for the church and the church alone to decide how and what a person should believe. He also admits that error ought to be punished in order to protect the truth. This is the purity of Catholic authoritarianism. This is the future for the United States of America. Ironic indeed it's the fact that under the present Republican constitutional form of government, his freedom to voice these thoughts and ideas are guaranteed. Equally ironic and downright scary for many, is the increasing pressure being put upon society to desist from objecting (protesting) against such strictures.
But good on you @theefaith ... Thanks for your candor and your honesty.

the church is not a democracy but a kingdom
It is authoritarian by nature

Christ is king and you don’t have a vote!

what God has revealed is the truth!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is militant against all errors and anything opposing God or anything ordained by God, the truth marches on!

glory glory hallelujah!

admirable is the holy name of God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He openly repudiates any suggestion that anyone should be allowed to use their God given conscience in deciding what is truth.

Truth is not something it is somebody, Jesus Christ!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, thetruth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father but by me.

truth is revealed by God and not a matter for you to decide!

Reactions: Philip James

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the church is not a democracy but a kingdom
It is authoritarian by nature

Christ is king and you don’t have a vote!

what God has revealed is the truth!
You have misunderstood God's nature theefaith. God's kingdom of which Jesus is King is a kingdom of service which Jesus himself stated several times and exemplified by his actions. Not so with the system you glorify which oppresses and vilifies.

Has Jesus' purpose here totally by passed you? What you have done is superimpose mans kingdom onto God and peddled that as the good news. Not only are you grievously mistaken, you have lied. Your system has muscled out God's Kingdom and and persecuted those who would uphold it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@theefaith
KJV Matthew 20:20-28
20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
24 And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
26 But it shall not be so among you
: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church is militant against all errors and anything opposing God or anything ordained by God, the truth marches on!

glory glory hallelujah!

admirable is the holy name of God!
Indeed. And it is your church and the prelates thereof who decide what that truth is. Even 'truth' that contradicts scripture. And are then 'militant' against all who choose to honor scripture above your church traditions. This has nothing to do with truth... Even less to do with He Who is Truth.

Reactions: mailmandan

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth is not something it is somebody, Jesus Christ!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, thetruth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father but by me.
Totally agree with the above. One would think you are a protestant with this post. If you believe this, then why do you go to someone else other than Jesus? If Jesus is the only way to the Father, why do you take another route?

truth is revealed by God and not a matter for you to decide!
Again, I cannot argue with this. Totally correct. God forbid that any individual man, or woman, or group of men, should ever decide what is truth in contradiction to the word of God. And God even helps us if we ask by giving us His Spirit that we may understand His word.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus preached baptism as a sign, not salvation. Born-again did not happen until his resurrection.

born again is baptismal regeneration
New creation in Christ Jesus

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (IBaptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and there are many they cannot answer

just like Paul who baptized some people when he came to understand the baptism of the Holy Spirit he stopped. He even said I thank God I baptized none other then those he mentioned. The Jews required a sign. No doubt the Ethiopian was a Jew and familiar with John the Baptist. Water baptism was a sign unto the Jews and not to the gentiles.

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism???????????????????????

explain acts 8 then

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

why the same doctrine? Faith and baptism
Why rejoice? Faith and baptism make him a Christian
Member of Christ in the new covenant

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism????

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

And where was this Ethiopian? In Judea, and what was a common practice in Judea, Baptism. John the Baptist was well known.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus preached baptism as a sign, not salvation. Born-again did not happen until his resurrection.
And you can pretend ALL you want - but the Bible disagrees with you.

A mere "sign" wouldn't keep you from being saved:
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is BAPTIZED will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of WATER and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Reactions: theefaith

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you can pretend ALL you want - but the Bible disagrees with you.

A mere "sign" wouldn't keep you from being saved:
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is BAPTIZED will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of WATER and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Mark 16 does not say if you don't get baptized you won't be saved. It says if you don't believe you won't be saved

In John 3 water represents Physical birth as right before you are born the mothers water breaks.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16 does not say if you don't get baptized you won't be saved. It says if you don't believe you won't be saved

In John 3 water represents Physical birth as right before you are born the mothers water breaks.
WRONG.

In Mark 16:16 - Jesus emphatically states "The one who believes AND is Baptized will be saved."
He doesn't say, "The one who believes will be saved - Oh, and he should get Baptized as well as a 'sign'."

As for John 3:5 - Nicodemus had just finished asking about how a man is born AGAIN.
Jesus responds by saying:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water AND the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

There's that pesky word, "AND" again.
- In Chapter 1 of John's Gospel, we read about the Baptism of Jesus - and what do we see??
WATER and the SPIRIT.

- In Chapter 2, we read about His first miracle at the Wedding at Cana involving what??
WATER.

- Here in Chapter 3, we see the same Water and Spirit we saw in Chapter 1.

- After His talk with Nicodemus - where does Jesus go with the Apostles??
BAPTIZING.

The first THREE chapters of John's Gospel are literally DRENCHED in the transforming waters of Baptism.
Your anti-Baptism argument is crushed by the weight of Scripture . . .