Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God did not make the statement that exceptions to the Rules HE set (not man) Then you cannot make that statement
You seem to think you are leading from authority here. The Only authority is the bible, the WHOLE Bible
Then, you're going to have to show be where the BIBLE says that - because it doesn't.
The Bible tells us emphatically that Crist's CHURCH is our final earthly Authority:

Matt 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent ME, so I send YOU.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic church probably was already forming in the first century . I cant argue with bread of life on that .
cause even paul warned how men would come in and lead folks astray , desiring the pre eminence , JUST as the RCC has done for years .
Rest assured peter had no part or lott in the creation of that machine . True lambs cling to Christ
and we love reading those letters in that bible .
Correction - the Catholic Church IS the Church of the 1st century.

We read from Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, who was not only a lifelong student of the Apostle John, but was ordained to the Episcopate by Peter himself. This is how he describes the Church of the First Century:
Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole EUCHARIST you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

Does that sound like YOUR sect - obeying the Bishops and clergy? Parttaking of the ONE Eucharist? Catholic?
I didn't think so . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why you all are misled . cause even paul said HE ought to be tested .
No man is infallible . but you all took the bait on that one .
NO wonder they have your heart and mind , you actually think they cannot mislead you . And yet , by grace , i see the dire grave dangers
within many of their doctrines . But since you believe they are in the seat of Christ and Peter , you all just learned to take them at their word .
THAT was a deadly and dangerous mistake to do my friend . ALL men must be tested , ME , YOU , ANYONE .
Dont just take the party line that your church IS THE CHURCH . Jehovas say the same thing , mormons too
and so on . NO . Test and always test all men and dont take any man for granted . You are in dire danger my friend .
I feel so sad for you my friend . You are loved my friend , but in dire grave danger . ITS WhY i plea with you , to flee that place .
WHO said that MEN were infallible?? The Holy Spirit is infallible and does not allow the Pope to TEACH error.
If you're going to be an anti-Catholic - at LEAST try to be an intelligent one . . .

Oh, and the sects of the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons were invented within the last 170 years - so comparing their claims to the Church is silly. The rest of your Protestant sects were invented within the last 500 years . . .

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO said that MEN were infallible?? The Holy Spirit is infallible and does not allow the Pope to TEACH error.
If you're going to be an anti-Catholic - at LEAST try to be an intelligent one . . .

The pope is not the head of the church Jesus is. No mere man leads His People

Colossians 1:18
He (Jesus) is also the head of the body, the church;
He is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead,
so that He might come to have
first place in everything.

Men do not lead us, the Holy Spirit does, individually

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God

If you going to be a pro-Catholic - at LEAST try to be an honest one

Reactions: Wrangler
May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES IN THEM YOU THINK YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE" (JOHN 7:39)!

"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes [aka Roman Catholic Church] has handled it falsely?" (Jeremiah 8:8)!

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament;
not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life" (II Corinthians 3:6)!

"But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God" (I Corinthians 2:10)!

ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD THE "BIBLE" CATHOLICS CONFISCATED WHO "ADDED" AND HAVE "TAKEN AWAY" FROM HIS WORD (REVELATION 22:18-19) IS ***NOT*** THE INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD!

Reactions: JunChosen

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's just a lame excuse for the Catholic tradition that contradicts scripture. Amy leader can then teach anything to anyone for whatever reason, claim the Spirit infallibly taught him, and Bob's your auntie. As the Jesuits say, black becomes white if the Pope says so. There are no checks and balances. It's what gave encouragement to the crusades... The inquisitions... Oh wait, that wasn't the church that tortured and murdered millions of people, that was the state. Nothing to do with us. In fact the Popes totally objected against the inquisitions and the murders of Protestants and Waldenses and numerous others. They tore their clothes and put ashes upon their heads when hearing if the government's overreaching into spiritual matters right? I mean, look at that incident of the St Bartholomew massacre. When hearing of the huge numbers of Protestant victims, the Pope celebr... Sorry... Mourned and had a medal struck in sympathy on commemora... Sorry again, no... memorial. And he even demanded all the church bells in Rome to ring out in sorrow and mourning.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just a lame excuse for the Catholic tradition that contradicts scripture. Amy leader can then teach anything to anyone for whatever reason, claim the Spirit infallibly taught him, and Bob's your auntie. As the Jesuits say, black becomes white if the Pope says so. There are no checks and balances. It's what gave encouragement to the crusades... The inquisitions... Oh wait, that wasn't the church that tortured and murdered millions of people, that was the state. Nothing to do with us. In fact the Popes totally objected against the inquisitions and the murders of Protestants and Waldenses and numerous others. They tore their clothes and put ashes upon their heads when hearing if the government's overreaching into spiritual matters right? I mean, look at that incident of the St Bartholomew massacre. When hearing of the huge numbers of Protestant victims, the Pope celebr... Sorry... Mourned and had a medal struck in sympathy on commemora... Sorry again, no... memorial. And he even demanded all the church bells in Rome to ring out in sorrow and mourning.
Backlit . Let the truth be told my friend . We never know who is reading this . So go ahead and say , Them popes Supported the murder
of those who were killed .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apologists be like ... Yabut murdering ones enemies is not a TEACHING of the RCC.
I know my friend . Let us just continue to do all we can to point only to Christ and to keep folks far from any system
which is dangerous to the soul .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only supported it, but celebrated it.
Now some might say , but hey that was in the past . Yes it was . So my point is
if we had us a long line of popes that were always either contradicting one another as well as some doing and or supporting great evil ,
THEN how on earth could they have ever been the vicar of Christ . I mean GOD dont constantly change His mind . But they do .
Even now we got one who is dead set against prolestyzing the gospel . And even now he hollers
all religoins are serving the same God in different ways . SO , as i said , let no man set foot into that place .
I say this not to be mean , but out of great love for all peoples . Let us simply preach JESUS and learn bible doctrine well . And test
ALL men .

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, you're going to have to show be where the BIBLE says that - because it doesn't.
The Bible tells us emphatically that Crist's CHURCH is our final earthly Authority:

Jesus constantly said, search the scriptures, you do err, no

Matt 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent ME, so I send YOU.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

Jesus said study the scriptures, you do err, not knowing the scriptures, in addition to saying it is written a lot - but did not once appeal to oral traditions - but He did speak against tradions of men.

And I guess you missed these scriptures:

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Scripture is for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF of wrong doctrine and for INSTRUCTION in righteousness and for knowledge of how to obtain SALVATION..

Scripture has the final word. Next:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing THE WORD of truth.

We are told it’s our responsibility to study THE WORD and come to the truth.

Then in Acts 17 the Bereans are called noble for not taking the apostle Paul’s oral teaching for the truth until they searched THE SCRIPTURES to see if he was telling it correctly.

Scripture has the final authority, period..

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why you all are misled . cause even paul said HE ought to be tested .
No man is infallible . but you all took the bait on that one .
NO wonder they have your heart and mind , you actually think they cannot mislead you . And yet , by grace , i see the dire grave dangers
within many of their doctrines . But since you believe they are in the seat of Christ and Peter , you all just learned to take them at their word .
THAT was a deadly and dangerous mistake to do my friend . ALL men must be tested , ME , YOU , ANYONE .
Dont just take the party line that your church IS THE CHURCH . Jehovas say the same thing , mormons too
and so on . NO . Test and always test all men and dont take any man for granted . You are in dire danger my friend .
I feel so sad for you my friend . You are loved my friend , but in dire grave danger . ITS WhY i plea with you , to flee that place .

the bride is prepared by God

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture to you is irrelevant?
Scripture is relevant . And by learning scripture it , by the grace of GOD , has kept me far from any dangerous place .
You will often find many who will use scripture to prove a point and yet that point is contradictory to scripture .
They use scripture which is truth , but then turn and try and lead folks to their system of belief . That is scary .
The church needs to stick with the simplicity in Christ and test all men who do speak .
Any time a system declares itself the only system and then uses it voice to make it the authority , even over scripture
MY ADVICE IS RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM ANY WHO DOES SUCH A THING .
I see it in the RCC , and not just the RCC but in other places as well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bride is prepared by God
Yes indeed . By GOD . Not by the RCC . A good wholesome church would have leaders , elders , bishops etc
But any wholesome place would not set themselves up as infallible and above the words of God contained in scripture .
THE RCC has been doing just this , for as long as i can tell . And i researched back , through one of its own books
and it goes way , way back . THEY deceived folks . Put themselves up in a place of authority and put the scrips as second at most .
And contradicted scrips often they did and still do . Our foundation is supposed to be on CHRIST as the head and then the apostles .
How can this be , when though they claim this truth , they contradict things that even peter , Christ and others first taught .
IT would be like me saying my church came from the original church and then teaching you some serious blasphemies .
I would expect folks to run from me if i did that . But the RCC and many other churches do just this and folks stay glued
to these men , trusting and not testing . Talk about a railroad of destruction .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is relevant . And by learning scripture it , by the grace of GOD , has kept me far from any dangerous place .
You will often find many who will use scripture to prove a point and yet that point is contradictory to scripture .

Satan comes to mind in debating Jesus when he went to the desert to be tested. The Adversary knows and perverts the Word and Works of God. See Original Sin, and the perversion of sex and education in our culture.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed . By GOD . Not by the RCC . A good wholesome church would have leaders , elders , bishops etc
But any wholesome place would not set themselves up as infallible and above the words of God contained in scripture .
THE RCC has been doing just this , for as long as i can tell . And i researched back , through one of its own books
and it goes way , way back . THEY deceived folks . Put themselves up in a place of authority and put the scrips as second at most .
And contradicted scrips often they did and still do . Our foundation is supposed to be on CHRIST as the head and then the apostles .
How can this be , when though they claim this truth , they contradict things that even peter , Christ and others first taught .
IT would be like me saying my church came from the original church and then teaching you some serious blasphemies .
I would expect folks to run from me if i did that . But the RCC and many other churches do just this and folks stay glued
to these men , trusting and not testing . Talk about a railroad of destruction .
Then what is? I have asked a thousand times

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pope is not the head of the church Jesus is. No mere man leads His People
Colossians 1:18
He (Jesus) is also the head of the body, the church;
He is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead,
so that He might come to have
first place in everything.

Men do not lead us, the Holy Spirit does, individually

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God
If you going to be a pro-Catholic - at LEAST try to be an honest one

Your comment above in RED is complete anti-biblical nonsense.

As God's people, we are ABSOLUTELY led by men who are led by the Holy Spirit. It's been that was since the time of Moses.
WHO do you think the Apostles were?? Who were Barnabas, Timothy, Silas, Luke, Mark, etc?? Who is YOUR pastor?

Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Paul wrote the following about those those LEAD us in Christ . . .
1 Thess. 5:12
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are OVER YOU in the Lord and who admonish you,

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that RULE WELL be counted worthy of DOUBLE HONOUR, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

STUDY your Bible . . .