Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phillip told him of course, thats obvious. What is also obvious is that we do not have a record blow by blow so to speak of their conversation......it's summarised as, preaching Jesus.

but I thought they always preached FACAGA?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willing, eager slave

the faithful always submit to proper authority

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, He didn't need to meet John but hear of him from other Jewish peoples, either during previous visits to Jerusalem or from other Jewish travelers.
John the baptist was a prophet according to the Old Covenant, so even sone pharises came out to be baptized by him.

possibly possibly

more likely Philip preach something other than faith alone Christ alone and grace alone
Like maybe Mk 16:16

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
possibly possibly

more likely Philip preach something other than faith alone Christ alone and grace alone
Like maybe Mk 16:16
Yep, Philip ofcourse would not have preached anything different from the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He learnt ftom the Master Himself.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, Philip ofcourse would not have preached anything different from the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He learnt ftom the Master Himself.

tell that to blood bought who believes baptism is a water cult

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
and there are many they cannot answer

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism???????????????????????

explain acts 8 then

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

why the same doctrine? Faith and baptism
Why rejoice? Faith and baptism make him a Christian
Member of Christ in the new covenant
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism????
The Eunuch knew enough about Judaism to have the book of Isaiah in his possession. It is quite possible that he was a "God fearer" and may well have been around to hear about John the Baptizer. Therefore he would have known about baptism already, allbeit John's baptism.

Reactions: Grailhunter

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Eunuch knew enough about Judaism to have the book of Isaiah in his possession. It is quite possible that he was a "God fearer" and may well have been around to hear about John the Baptizer. Therefore he would have known about baptism already, allbeit John's baptism.
But here is the kicker . Peter did not say , oh well we have no need to do that anymore .
But he did make sure the man believed with all his heart . cause many go down the old sinner
and just come up the same old man but wet .
Another wonderful example was the house of cornelious . The true spiritual baptism
had fallen on them , for peter and others heard them speak with tongues .
And i still remember peter saying , can any man forbid water that these might be baptized .
So lets just stick to the original pattern . KNOWING full well that ye are saved by Faith in JESUS .
But be hearers and doers of His words , or we deceive ourselves .

Reactions: marks