Question on post millenialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, post-millennialism posits that Jesus will return after a 1000-year "golden age of Christian prosperity and dominance," after Christians (not Christ Himself) have established the kingdom on this earth.

This is directly opposite the pre-millennial view, which holds to Jesus returning before His 1000-year reign on earth.

Post-millennialism and nunc-millennialism are more similar to each other in that Christ will return at the close of the millennium (which is not literally 1000 years but a "fullness of God's time," but are opposite each other in that post-millennialism sees times and society getting better and better through this period while nunc-millennialism sees things devolving over that same period.

Even in saying all this, there are... nuances to all these views within the various camps themselves...

I'm sure that clears it all up... :) It is quite amazing how such widely diverging views can coexist.

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, post-millennialism posits that Jesus will return after a 1000-year "golden age of Christian prosperity and dominance," after Christians (not Christ Himself) have established the kingdom on this earth.

This is directly opposite the pre-millennial view, which holds to Jesus returning before His 1000-year reign on earth.

Post-millennialism and nunc-millennialism are more similar to each other in that Christ will return at the close of the millennium (which is not literally 1000 years but a "fullness of God's time," but are opposite each other in that post-millennialism sees times and society getting better and better through this period while nunc-millennialism sees things devolving over that same period.

Even in saying all this, there are... nuances to all these views within the various camps themselves...

I'm sure that clears it all up... :) It is quite amazing how such widely diverging views can coexist.

Grace and peace to you.

Lol thanks!

I don't know much about the milennial debate. I did hear a self-described "post millenialist" say that Jesus began ruling the Earth right after he ascended into Heaven. I immediately thought of 2 Corinthians 4:4 and how that verse contradicts that claim.

9Hj.gif

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol thanks!

I don't know much about the milennial debate.
That's... not a bad thing. :) I mean hey, the conversation is worth having, and even multiple times, but the problem is that sooner or later (usually sooner), it becomes personal, and that's not good. I think we can all agree that Jesus wins, and that He will return, and we will reign with him as co-heirs forever and ever. All God's promises have their 'yes' and 'amen' in Christ. And maybe we should just leave it at that. :) But for the record, I am firmly in the nunc-millennial camp.

Grace and peace to you!

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's... not a bad thing. :) I mean hey, the conversation is worth having, and even multiple times, but the problem is that sooner or later (usually sooner), it becomes personal, and that's not good. I think we can all agree that Jesus wins, and that He will return, and we will reign with him as co-heirs forever and ever. All God's promises have their 'yes' and 'amen' in Christ. And maybe we should just leave it at that. :) But for the record, I am firmly in the nunc-millennial camp.

Grace and peace to you!

I do my best to simply go where the word of God takes me.

My guess is that there is a milennial rule after Christ's return but I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise.

Massive argument of Biblical proportions breaking out in 3...2...1...