Radically Moderate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its my answer to fundamentalism. I am tired of the drama and hype of the FOX News version of life, swinging from one extreme to another. I have decided to become radically (boldly meek and passively upfront) moderate (middle-ground, reasonable, french vanilla; strong, yet plain).

No drama, please! I will take the middle road - thank you!

[font="'Trebuchet MS"]Turkey has a built in system to make sure radical Islam is not allowed in the government - it is actually the duty of the military to overthrow the President if he shows fundamentalist leanings. So this brings up a question about extremism within Christianity:[/font]
[font="'Trebuchet MS"]
[/font]
[font="'Trebuchet MS"]1. Can Christianity be too conservative - what does it look like?[/font]
[font="'Trebuchet MS"]
[/font]
[font="'Trebuchet MS"]2. Can Christianity be too liberal - what does this look like?[/font]

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello aspen

It looks like your trying to combine religious and political conservatism.
(And they can’t be successfully combined.)
We can talk about that later.
--------------------------------------------------
The reason I am responding, is because of the error you are making.
Identifying Christian extremism, with Islamic extremism.

The worse thing a Christian extremist will do to you, is preach at you on a street corner.
While an Islamic extremist, will blow you up, on that street corner.

This whole idea that Christians are just as dangerous as Moslems, as preached from places like “The View”, is a lie.
--------------------------------------------------
As for your questions......
1. Can Christianity be too conservative - what does it look like?
2. Can Christianity be too liberal - what does this look like?
Being too conservative, might lead a Christian to become legalistic and judgmental toward others.
While being too liberal, will lead a Christian to forsake the Bible and the Church!

For me, being conservative means, putting God’s Word first in my life!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like your trying to combine religious and political conservatism.

Actually, I am trying to not combine it. I think people try to combine it way too often.

(And they can’t be successfully combined.)

Agreed

The reason I am responding, is because of the error you are making.
Identifying Christian extremism, with Islamic extremism.

Wow - I am not sure how you can say that - how about the Crusades? Inquisition? 30 year War? Forced conversion of the Native Americans? Traditionally, Muslims have been more tolerant of Christianity than the reverse. The fact is, Islam is 500 years younger than Christianity - where were we 500 years ago?

The worse thing a Christian extremist will do to you, is preach at you on a street corner.
While an Islamic extremist, will blow you up, on that street corner.

So it has nothing to do with the economic position of the non-oil producing Muslim states or the lack of education or political puppets the US has placed or supported in Muslim states or anything else - just their religious doctrine which is bad, while Christian doctrine is good? Ugh.....

Being too conservative, might lead a Christian to become legalistic and judgmental toward others.
While being too liberal, will lead a Christian to forsake the Bible and the Church!

So being too Conservative is sorta bad, while being to liberal is HORRIBLE!!

For me, being conservative means, putting God’s Word first in my life!

Well, that is good news - I am glad to hear it! Serving the poor and oppressed is the consequence of putting God's Word first and that is very Good News.

Peace