Rage Problem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
This will be long I'm sure.

I decided to not work in the Oil and Gas industry about a year and a half ago I got tired of all the overtime, weekend work, on call, the high pressure to get equipment out the door so the rigs can stay up and running. I scopped out a job that I thought I wanted. It has potential for me to transfer to other states and I thought I'd be learning a new trade.

The promblem happend when they stuck me in a department that the whole company seems to just hate, and wants nothing to do with, from repair of 100 year old machines, to planning, to quality of material, to the most ignorant, biggest eggo, stubborn, idiotic, uncaring lead hand I've ever met in my entire life. Which brings me to the rage point.

This man, has demanded that I work every weekend, ontop of working 10 hours a day min. He has told me this is manditory. So, I worked mostly 10 hour days 6 and 7 days a week. I never went over his head, (which I should have) because, it's strange when my foreman asks me if I'm working this weekend, or if I'm staying late.

I gave this man a benifit of the doubt, and befriended him for over a year, letting him store stuff in my garage and letting him use my trailer when his house burnt down.

I never ratted on his lack of work ethic, and did and believed what he told me. (since this is a job that I've never done before.) He seemed like a good guy, wearing Jesus shirts, and seemed genuinely caring and upstanding. I listened to every word. At the same time I was trying to become a better person. Most of the time, I'm a complete tried in the fire, hard screw when it comes to work. Get it done, get it done now, and get it done right, no excuses!

This man, decided, that I need to work every weekend, at first it was 30 to 45+ days straight without a day off. I told him, that I'm done working weekends, and that my family is stressed. I told him that I took this job because I was tired of the oilfielf hours. He told me it was manditory per the foreman.

On top of that all of my parts were mixed up, nothing got out on time. Nothing got done right, because he was the "final finish". He was the one that honed the parts while I beveled and fixed his mistakes.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I've been stressed to the hilt, my family has been stressed to the hilt, and the mean time this man pretended to care, and pretended to be my friend. Now, he's been demoted, because, thank GOD! the powers that be have seen his carelessness. Although he's been demoted, he was moved to Machine oporator III, and kept the same pay.

Afterwords, he started to tell people around the shop how he's ot going to work weekends and how it's stressed his family out. (he's a horrible father, and I don't mind saying so.)

No, I find out that all this time, despite my plea's for time off, and the stress on myself and my family, and a number of other things,,,,,,, He was lying to me. To top it off, he was the reason that all of my parts were messed up, from count to quality, and even now, that my responsibility has doubled, and I'm taking care of what he was supposed to, because he's just working on a new line of products, he decides to still mess up all of my work because he needs a cart. Our department got audited, and I got shafted because he trained me wrong and messed up all of my organization.

Hes a big guy,and has used his size and his position at work to bully others. The last 2 months he was my lead, he insisted on telling me everyone in the shop thought I was an arrogant prick and that if he listened to them he would've fired me. I get along great with all 100= people in the shop. I know them by name, and they know me by name. There's nothing but smiles, jokes, and the occasional confidant. I told this man tha that I had heard that I was well liked in the company, after which, he proceeded to get pissed, and told me that was B/S and most people hated me. Then he decided to explain to me how much everyone there loved him. I'm a marial artist, and never brag, or anything about it, but I did show this man a coupl techniques, because, I believe it's a humbling experience. Because of his ego, other things got worse.

I have put up with loud mouthed, egocentric, lying, putdowns, working all the time, and even more than I can mention in this already drawn out post.

Recently I have caught myself in fanticy. I daydream about beating the crap out of him. The other day I was holding a wrench and realy truely wanting to bash his skull in and seeing him lying in a big egotistical pile of blood. I hate him more and more each day, and every time I even hear his voice I become more and more angry. Even looking at him makes me angry.

One day I noticed a machine wasn't running, and confronted him on it. I tried to remain calm, but went full on monkey tilt! Word travels fast in this place. After that I've heard nothing but negative about this guy from everyone I asked why they didn't warn me, and they reply, "I though you guys were friends." The calabre of people I work with is good, and they respect peoples relationships.

I don't know what to do, I'm becomming more and more hatefull towards this guy. I've been angry at people, but this is the only one on my list of people that I want to destroy.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a nightmare. There is nothing easy about dealing with a person like that - and I think you have tried harder than most people.

If it were me, I think I would have to look for another job - not necessarily plan on taking another job, but at least look for one, just to remind myself that I am not a slave to the company. It sounds like you are an exceptional worker and could work anywhere - it is important not to feel trapped.

Next, I often fall into the trap of trying to prove to myself that someone is treating me like crap before I can really believe it - and I spend a lot of time building a case against the person in my mind - which stresses me out completely. So, I am not sure if you have this problem, but if you do - let me be a witness for you - the guy is a complete jerk - no need to be shocked when he proves it by acting like an incompetent ass on an hourly basis. Also, it is very likely that most people on the job have the same problem with this guy - people like him cause problems everywhere they go and blame them all on the people they are harassing.

It looks like you have already gotten a schedule change - the schedule you were working was unsustainable even for the best workers - make sure to use your time off engaged with your family, friends and hobbies. As a person who practices martial arts, you know how fulfilling it is to get into a routine of practicing your skills - it can really relieve a lot of stress.

Finally, and most importantly for me, spending time in quiet prayer helps me reboot. I need to be grounded or I can take it upon myself to go out a pantse the narcissist - and that never ends well.

I am praying for you and your family during this very difficult time.

blessings

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I commend you for not bashing that dude's skull in...As challenging as it is, God could be using this guy to help you overcome any "rage problems" that could get you into trouble. I will pray that this season of unrelenting hardship will bring forth God's perfect work in you and that you would receive double for your trouble. Just ask God what the lesson is and as you work on that, God will work on the guy and the situation.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
WhiteKnuckle, will be praying for you...I feel for your situation...I have a volunteer that has been stealing from our organization now for about 3 months, wanted to get rid of the person and talked with my Pastor about it and he advised that I just keep loving them and monitoring them..It is hard because I get mad just thinking someone is stealing from a charity, but the fact is I hate stealing of any kind...My brothers were thieves as was my father...so it was really a personal conflict with me..Just praying for us both...

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I think this guy is a horrible person! You need to protect yourself by talking to others and reporting his bad behavior. I would get advice. Chances are a lot of people want him gone. You can not be a rug in this situation and really need to be creative in sticking up for your self and not letting him make you the bad guy any more.

Then you need to pray for him because he is an enemy. I usually tell God nightly when i feel like I can not forgive that i need him to do it for me. Especially when the person is unrepentant. God will help you resolve your feelings nightly. The guy sounds beyond working with so the only thing you can do is make a plan for controlling your justifiable anger!!!!

Be angry and do not sin but don't let the sun go down on your wrath is easier said than done.

I will pray for you that God will resolve this situation for you and that you will be Spiritually stronger because of it. Giving this guy the beat down he deserves would probably make things even worse. I will pray dear brother! God bless you!!!!!

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Just leave the man and the job behind,until death do you part does not apply to everyone you meet in life....the bible tells us to avoid certain kinds of people and walk away from them.I speak from experience having left a very good job for the same reasons....never regretted it and found out later the guy got fired for lying and stealing from the company.