"Raise the dead"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A
Every resurrection always involves the body, soul, and spirit. The body is brought back to the spirit and soul.

Why do we always get this scripture wrong so often. Its always in reverse.
Is it lack of understanding the value of each part of our make up.
Its in scripture in the correct order for a reason,
Spirit first and formost.
Soul is second
The body in its rightfull place last.
In terms of value for good reason.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I said in my last post:

That's fine if you don't want to retract your unbiblical and ungodly judgments on my heart. that's your prerogative.
Just know that God will not be mocked. When He says that YOU will be judged by the same measuring stick - He isn't kidding.

Good luck with that . . .
Will you ever stop? Give it up man you milked it for all your worth Stop already please your wearing me down. Have you nothing of value to do with your life.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First of all - I'm not here to be "liked".
I'm here to dispel the myths and lies you guys tell about the Catholic Church.

Secondly - that's fine if you don't want to retract your unbiblical and ungodly judgments on my heart. that's your prerogative.
Just know that God will not be mocked. When He says that YOU will be judged by the same measuring stick - He isn't kidding.

Good luck with that . . .
Stuck record over and over stop it.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sure you are right. But John was held captive and Jesus come to set the captives free.

What captives did Jesus come to set free? From what prison?
A strict hyper-literalist approach to scripture will lead into all kinds of interpretative problems.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I clicked it. It didn't help much. So, who is he saying is the "hyper-literalist"?
he is saying that to a perspective really, and not a person. manifests a spirit, and of course we personify spirits huh, but see the who is really a what. The Book does this too, a lot. Iow if you...dissociate from that, and listen to what he is addressing dispassionately, etcetc. Not even addressing whether you were actually manifesting hyper-literalist or not, understand, see, his def is diff mine, is diff from yours, so we are really all SiT see, and so the first part up there has to do with part two

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am sure you are right. But John was held captive and Jesus come to set the captives free.

What captives did Jesus come to set free? From what prison?
but ya, hyperL bc you posit John as a captive just bc he was in a literal prison, when that is hardly the case, John had wings already, see, he knew what was coming and he was prolly chilling in his cell reading sci-fi or something lol, figuratively speaking
John walked into the breach he was not stupid
nor religious, of course, he would surely have repulsed most believers today

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but ya, hyperL bc you posit John as a captive just bc he was in a literal prison, when that is hardly the case, John had wings already, see, he knew what was coming and he was prolly chilling in his cell reading sci-fi or something lol

Excellent thought.

I often to to me kids or grandkids as they go out of my door..

"Remember you have wings.." How easily and quickly we forget!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no denying we will receive glorified bodies.

I am still confused though, Stranger. Addressing the OP: Raise the dead. Does that happen today or not, when a person comes to Christ? Are they not brought to life...born again?

Is Ezekiel 37:4-5 now? Did it speak of the Spirit of God giving life to what was once dead?
[4] Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord . [5] Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

Romans 6:5-11
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: [6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him , that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. [7] For he that is dead is freed from sin. [8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: [9] Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. [10] For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. [11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Luke 20:34-36
[34] And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: [35] But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:27-28
[27] For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Have we not already been resurrected in Christ Jesus?

Ephesians 2:6
[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Do we not already sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus?
Have we not already ascended as Christ after the resurrection to return glorified as He is?

I am so confused:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, we already sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ. That is our legal position, or our standing. It is accomplished. But the vessel you dwell in at the present time, your body, is still a carry over from the first Adam. Full of sin. It is dying and will one day die. God will resurrect your body to be a sinless and glorified body uniting you back with your soul and spirit.

Your spirit was born again, but your body was not. Your standing is seated with Christ in heavenly places. Your state is still here on this earth draped with a body inherited from Adam. Your body still needs to die and be resurrected and united with you. Which it will, which will be part of the first resurrection.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but ya, hyperL bc you posit John as a captive just bc he was in a literal prison, when that is hardly the case, John had wings already, see, he knew what was coming and he was prolly chilling in his cell reading sci-fi or something lol, figuratively speaking

So, what captives did Jesus come to set free? From what prison? Did Jesus come to set free those captive in a literal prison, or those captive in a spiritual prison? I ask, because, I don't understand how one verse can be taken as spiritual(eat my flesh and drink my blood) and then the next as strictly literal. I am asking if the bible is first physically with the naked eye, then Spiritual once one is born again. If we are to walk in the Spirit, then do we not read in the Spirit? And if one verse is Spiritual, then is not all?

Matthew 25:42-43
[42] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
(What meat for hunger?)

I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
(What drink? Jesus was thirsty at the well and asked for the woman to give Him water. Yet, Jesus said He gives living water so that he that drinks this living water will never thirst again.)

[43] I was a stranger,
(What stranger)

and ye took me not in:
(In where?)

naked, and ye clothed me not:
(What rainment if we have two, are we supposed to part to one that is naked?)

sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
(What prison)

We can either read: visit those in a literal prison, give literal water and food and clothing...or something else. What is the work of the Spirit?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VJ, said "Are they not brought to life...born again?". being born again have to do with the spirit, resurrection is with the body. remember we have an inner man, and a outward man, spirit, and flesh.

PCY

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what captives did Jesus come to set free? From what prison? Did Jesus come to set free those captive in a literal prison, or those captive in a spiritual prison? I ask, because, I don't understand how one verse can be taken as spiritual(eat my flesh and drink my blood) and then the next as strictly literal. I am asking if the bible is first physically with the naked eye, then Spiritual once one is born again. If we are to walk in the Spirit, then do we not read in the Spirit? And if one verse is Spiritual, then is not all?
Prison here is spiritual of sin, meaning the mind is held captive by ignorance.

as for the blood I thought we covered that, but if not, no. something that stand for something else, or a material object representing something else, often something immaterial is called an emblem, token, or sign. also it can indicate, point to something beyond itself as well. all of this is called a Symbol, or symbolism.

This is where one must have the Holy Spirit to teach you these things. for example, in the two witness of Revelation 11. where is says "fire come out of their mouths" it's not literal, the answer was found in Jeremiah 5:14 by the Holy Spirit who put it there in the first place. that's why be led by the Spirit of God and you want go wrong. if one do go wrong, the Holy Spirit will correct us. when I say us me first included. no one is above God.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VJ, said "Are they not brought to life...born again?". being born again have to do with the spirit, resurrection is with the body. remember we have an inner man, and a outward man, spirit, and flesh.

PCY

Please, you will help so much if you answer this question: "to raise the dead" does this mean Salvation or not even close.

I know I am being difficult but to me: give sight to the blind, to unstop the ears of the deaf, to set free the captives, to help the woman with an issue of blood, to cleanse those that are unclean (lepers) and to raise the dead...all mean, to be given the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Salvation. Restored relationship. The light comes on. Sight. Hearing. The Spirit of Wisdom given. To go before the Throne of Grace. Are we still blind, still deaf, still in the dark, still unclean, and still dead?

Your answer to that one question above may clarify it for me. Have we been raised from the dead? Believers? Those "in Christ"? Yes or no?

I get there is still a glorified body ahead. But Jesus was resurrected. Walked and spoke. His glorification was later...but He was still resurrected? Before glorification? Right? Wrong?

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the two witness of Revelation 11. where is says "fire come out of their mouths" it's not literal, the answer was found in Jeremiah 5:14 by the Holy Spirit who put it there in the first place. that's why be led by the Spirit of God

I get it, what I don't get is how one verse is taken "not literal" and then the next is "literal".

I get the prison of the mind. I have experienced it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, you will help so much if you answer this question: "to raise the dead" does this mean Salvation or not even close.

I know I am being difficult but to me: give sight to the blind, to unstop the ears of the deaf, to set free the captives, to help the woman with an issue of blood, to cleanse those that are unclean (lepers) and to raise the dead...all mean, to be given the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Salvation. Restored relationship. The light comes on. Sight. Hearing. The Spirit of Wisdom given. To go before the Throne of Grace. Are we still blind, still deaf, still in the dark, still unclean, and still dead.

Your answer to that one question ablove may clarify it for me. Have we been raised from the dead. Believers? Those "in Christ"? Yes or no?

I get there is still a glorified body ahead. But Jesus was resurrected. Walked and spoke. His glorification was later...but He was still resurrected? Before glorification? Right? Wrong?
No you're not being difficult, thank God you are asking the Right questions. this is what Christianity is all about, "helping one another". hey, there are thing you know that I don't know, ok, we're to edify one another, not try in see who's right or wrong or know the most, that's childish.

now to your questions,
#1. "to raise the dead" does this mean Salvation or not even close.
raising the dead is a two fold redemption. both physical as well as spiritual. spiritual first , Ephesians 2:5 & 6 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus". we was spiritually dead in sin, meaning cut off, or separate from life. but notice VJ are you sitting in heavenly places right now?, not physically, we're still here on earth. so it's spiritual. now bodily. Raised, A. restored. B. Resurrected. restored, one's flesh is the same, corrupted, but resurrected, none corrupted, meaning one flesh have Changed.
conclusion on raising in reference to salvation. spiritually YES, we're SAVED, that's salvation. as for our bodies God will give us NEW BODIES, scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:35-38 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?1 Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, (There is your answer concering the body being raised in the resurrection, any thing else is a restored body) and to every seed his own body".

#2. Your answer to that one question ablove may clarify it for me. Have we been raised from the dead. Believers? Those "in Christ"? Yes or no?
as said you have been RAISED from the dead spiritually. being born of the Spirit, or again. yes, you as a BELIEVER are raised from DEATH to LIFE by the Spirit, spiritually. that's why you cannot sin, because you're spiritually alive, but a babe. when Christ returns we will GET NEW BODIES TO GO WITH OUR NEW BORN AGAIN SPIRITS.

I hope this answer your question.

PCY

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
sure, Revelation 6:9-11 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled".

Yeah, somehow that doesn't work for me as explanation of whom "arose" in the Matthew 27 account. The timing of that which you quote, doesn't fit the Matthew 27 account.

I don't believe that this is the First resurrection.

now a question to you. do you believe that this is the First resurrection yes or no. if yes, Please expound using more than the word "faith".... :oops:

No. The "first" is when Jesus returns, the second, at the end of the millennium. It is a lone account in Matthew 27 without a second witness.

"at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall a matter be established."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, somehow that doesn't work for me as explanation of whom "arose" in the Matthew 27 account. The timing of that which you quote, doesn't fit the Matthew 27 account.
it works for me, because many of the saints/prophets... ect was killed or slain. Matthew 23:31 "Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets". Luke 11:47 "Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them". Romans 11:3 "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life". 1 Thessalonians 2:15 "Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men"
No. The "first" is when Jesus returns, the second, at the end of the millennium.
I believe I said that.

if not, who are they then? waiting to hear that answer.

PCY