"Raise the dead"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yesm, i know you want to take that literally too, but see that that has an obvious symbolic meaning also, even if they "stank," see.

again, not presenting facts that need to be accepted or rejected as truth, so much as presenting other reflections that might be contemplated for their fruit, ok

obviously if someone was so dead they stank, reanimating them would be resurrecting them from the dead, regardless of your semantics

I think that resurrected means when the body is "changed" /glorified.
As in not just brought back to life and regular body.

Reactions: Richard_oti

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>
so we know that the Second resurrection is AFTER the thousand years. but the thousand years don't start until he returns, which brings us back to 1 Thessalonians 4:16.
PCY

So here's a question: Those spoken of in Matthew 27, who were "raised / arose", by what measure were they found worthy?

Please expound using more than the word "faith".

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why did Jesus not do the work of going to visit John in prison?
Because Herod would try to kill Him. It was not God's plan to put Jesus in danger AT THAT TIME AND PLACE.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Because Herod would try to kill Him. It was not God's plan to put Jesus in danger AT THAT TIME AND PLACE.
what danger, He's God right, He could just walk right through them, turn invisible, etc? Being silly of course, but the Q now strikes me as a good one, kinda.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here's a question: Those spoken of in Matthew 27, who were "raised / arose", by what measure were they found worthy?

Please expound using more than the word "faith".
sure, Revelation 6:9-11 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled".

I don't believe that this is the First resurrection.

now a question to you. do you believe that this is the First resurrection yes or no. if yes, Please expound using more than the word "faith".... :oops:

PCY

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must not still understand. Restoring life and the OT references you provided, makes sense. What I have a hard time with and I am asking Him for help: the first and second resurrection. When Christ came out of the grave, others also came out of the grave and walked and were seen by many. We assume these were dead corpses stumbling around like a genuine walking dead account. (Or that is always what I have heard). But, they would have been as Christ; not corpses?

Then the second resurrection: doesn't it happen every day when a believer is resurrected (restored) to life "in Christ"? I have always been told to wait and look for the second resurrection. Future. As in not happened yet but on the horizon.

Consider this: The resurrections are in two categories. The resurrection of life and the resurrection of the damned. (John 5:28-29)"...And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

The resurrection of life is called the first resurrection. (Rev. 20:6) The resurrection of damnation is the other or second resurrection. (Rev. 20:11-15)

The term 'first' here is used in an ordinal manner and not a cardinal manner. It identifies the type of resurrection. The one of life. Therefore, though there are different instances of people being resurrected at different times to the resurrection of life, it is still called the first resurrection. So, the saints in (Matt. 27:52-53), the saints that precede those in the rapture (1 Thess. 4:13-15), the Tribulation saints (Rev. 20:4), all are part of the first resurrection.

Every resurrection always involves the body, soul, and spirit. The body is brought back to the spirit and soul.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this: The resurrections are in two categories. The resurrection of life and the resurrection of the damned. (John 5:28-29)"...And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

The resurrection of life is called the first resurrection. (Rev. 20:6) The resurrection of damnation is the other or second resurrection. (Rev. 20:11-15)

The term 'first' here is used in an ordinal manner and not a cardinal manner. It identifies the type of resurrection. The one of life. Therefore, though there are different instances of people being resurrected at different times to the resurrection of life, it is still called the first resurrection. So, the saints in (Matt. 27:52-53), the saints that precede those in the rapture (1 Thess. 4:13-15), the Tribulation saints (Rev. 20:4), all are part of the first resurrection.

Every resurrection always involves the body, soul, and spirit. The body is brought back to the spirit and soul.

Stranger

There is no denying we will receive glorified bodies.

I am still confused though, Stranger. Addressing the OP: Raise the dead. Does that happen today or not, when a person comes to Christ? Are they not brought to life...born again?

Is Ezekiel 37:4-5 now? Did it speak of the Spirit of God giving life to what was once dead?
[4] Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord . [5] Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

Romans 6:5-11
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: [6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him , that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. [7] For he that is dead is freed from sin. [8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: [9] Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. [10] For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. [11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Luke 20:34-36
[34] And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: [35] But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:27-28
[27] For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Have we not already been resurrected in Christ Jesus?

Ephesians 2:6
[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Do we not already sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus?
Have we not already ascended as Christ after the resurrection to return glorified as He is?

I am so confused:confused::confused::confused:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No its I will not answer you if you dont answer me like you do on many occasion with many people your know for it.
But I've answered ALL of your questions.
The difference is - you can't answer mine . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all well aware of that. But what you cant seem to do is relate then to me sharing what God is doing through me as I do the same works as Christ did. There is nothing wrong with me or anyone telling what God is doing. show me scritures saying that. There are none.
Boastful people never seem to realize that they are boasting because they feel that they are "above" it all.
You're as transparent as glass.

Spend more time glorifying God instead of yourself . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you mentioned your "heart" not me. I said fruit fruit fruit son your is rotten. Your attitude and manner are one that doesnt know Christ personally Not a judgement a fact. If it makes you happy for a few seconds lets call it a jusgement OK I juhed yourheart and its rotten sunshine. I would not except Christ from you ever. The way you speak repels peopel There is no love in any of your post. You are not humble but haughty pridfull boastfull of your kowleagde and you care nothing for people. Your a liar and a bully. You have some book knowledge and no Christ knowledge.
Your a very lonly poor soul. I think what you really find astounding is you found someone you cant bully move or smoke You cant touch what I have. You are ragging I am happy and dont move.
No I am telling you your fruit is rotten, You will know themn by there fruits. You are horrible person. I am not alone at thinking this.
Calling somebody a "horrible person" is judging their heart. That goes against everything Scripture teaches about judging.
You are ONLY supposed to judge a person's actions or words - NOT them personally.

Remember that, according to Scripture - YOU are as "horrible" a person as everybody else . . .

Matt. 7:3-5

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Mark 10:18

"No one is good - except God alone.

Phil. 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.

You speak horrible things and your fruits are rotten - but I would never judge your heart. That is up to GOD alone.

Matt. 7:1-2
Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Calling somebody a "horrible person" is judging their heart. That goes against everything Scripture teaches about judging.
You are ONLY supposed to judge a person's actions or words - NOT them personally.

Remember that, according to Scripture - YOU are as "horrible" a person as everybody else . . .

Matt. 7:3-5

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Mark 10:18

"No one is good - except God alone.

Phil. 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.

You speak horrible things and your fruits are rotten - but I would never judge your heart.
That is up to GOD alone . . .
Wow heres you trying anything to run and evade and blame someone else. haha

OK fact I dont know you personally. I judge the fruit coming through your writing how simples that. So its you words I am judgeing so now I am in the clear hehe. Thanks for clearing me there.
Rememeber in scripture you are as valuable as everyone else :)

PS its from the heart every thing comes from man. So if itd coming out your mouth its coming from the heart . You have nothing here.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow heres you trying anything to run and evade and blame someone else. haha

OK fact I dont know you personally. I judge the fruit coming through your writing how simples that. So its you words I am judgeing so now I am in the clear hehe. Thanks for clearing me there.
Rememeber in scripture you are as valuable as everyone else

PS its from the heart every thing comes from man. So if itd coming out your mouth its coming from the heart . You have nothing here.
Great - just as long as you understand that you violate the Word of God when you judge a person and NOT simply their fruits . . .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am sure you are right. But John was held captive and Jesus come to set the captives free.

What captives did Jesus come to set free? From what prison?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great - just as long as you understand that you violate the Word of God when you judge a person and NOT simply their fruits . . .
Listen you need to get a grip on reality. I can only judge what i see coming out your mouth here. I will not retract anything I said as it is true. The only one who can change it is you. But you look like you wont anytime soon. so what I said stands if you like it or not. and if I am judging your little pink hereat It still stands. Get over it. deal with it. Only you can. If you comtinue to say what you been saying in the nmanner in which you have. I t still stands. its up to you and you alone. If you are trying to make me feel bad. Its not happening and wont happen anytime soon. I would say the same to my children. So why do you think I cant look at your integrity. only God is unreproacable. and to think that you are not is putting your self above God. Oti told me I was wqrong in my manner and I said yes and agreed. Unlike you. I accepted it. You dont. ypu habe got 3.5 posts and only193 likes. That should tell you something. No one likes what you are saying. They cant all be wrong .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen you need to get a grip on reality. I can only judge what i see coming out your mouth here. I will not retract anything I said as it is true. The only one who can change it is you. But you look like you wont anytime soon. so what I said stands if you like it or not. and if I am judging your little pink hereat It still stands. Get over it. deal with it. Only you can. If you comtinue to say what you been saying in the nmanner in which you have. I t still stands. its up to you and you alone. If you are trying to make me feel bad. Its not happening and wont happen anytime soon. I would say the same to my children. So why do you think I cant look at your integrity. only God is unreproacable. and to think that you are not is putting your self above God. Oti told me I was wqrong in my manner and I said yes and agreed. Unlike you. I accepted it. You dont. ypu habe got 3.5 posts and only193 likes. That should tell you something. No one likes what you are saying. They cant all be wrong .
First of all - I'm not here to be "liked".
I'm here to dispel the myths and lies you guys tell about the Catholic Church.

Secondly - that's fine if you don't want to retract your unbiblical and ungodly judgments on my heart. that's your prerogative.
Just know that God will not be mocked. When He says that YOU will be judged by the same measuring stick - He isn't kidding.

Good luck with that . . .

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure you are right. But John was held captive and Jesus come to set the captives free.

What captives did Jesus come to set free? From what prison?
Thank you. Jesus never came to set isreal free from rome. So why would he set John free. He came to set us free from satan and sin and death and the fallen condiction we find our selves in right now. He came to restore Gods kingdom.
John siad hes is the lamb of God who takes away the sin of thw world.
Then John wrong thing in Jail said go ask if he is the one. Hmmm doubting Christ. And also thinking of the flesh self. That is what Christ came to set us free from the flesh and its self serving ways. Renew the mind we are told why. because all we thing is selfish. and not what we are created for.
Jogn was even not understanding why He came.

Christ reply makes no sense. Tell John the blind see. Eh? what are you talking about Jesus. He never came to to teach us serve the flesh but the opposite. Dont serve the flesh but put it do death.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great just as long as you understand I wont change what I think for nothing you think. so it stands :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great just as long as you understand I wont change what I think for nothing you think. so it stands
As I said in my last post:

That's fine if you don't want to retract your unbiblical and ungodly judgments on my heart. that's your prerogative.
Just know that God will not be mocked. When He says that YOU will be judged by the same measuring stick - He isn't kidding.

Good luck with that . . .