Rapture Debate.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is really sad that you cannot see or understand the symbolism in it. The reason you cannot is because you simply refuse to believe there is any symbolic or spiritual meaning to it. You obviously need a revelation of the day of the Lord being one eternal day that has no beginning or end. It includes every day on Earth for all eternity. Take time to consider that fact very carefully.

That is a prophesy. Not a symbolism.

Obviously you are not with the Lord yet since you are waiting for him to arrive in literal air or sky or clouds. Obviously you are blind to the symbolism and hidden treasures in scripture but I understand why you are blind to these things.

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

I know that Paul believes this:

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But Paul is referring to being with the risen & ascended Lord Jesus Christ whre He is now in His Father's mansion where Jesus had promised He would take us there after preparing a place for us.

If Jesus Christ was IN YOU, you would not be waiting for him to arrive in the flesh in literal clouds because you would understand that the flesh he is already in on this Earth is YOUR PHYSICAL FLESH. Obviously you have not handed that physical flesh over to him yet or you would no longer be struggling with any sin in it since the Spirit of God and the mind of Christ would be in control of it instead of you and your carnal mind.
It is also interesting to note that no unbelievers or anyone outside the "church" do any signs or wonders. It is the church, the professing believers, that do these lying signs and wonders and claims that they have healing gifts etc to physically heal people by "faith". It is the church who claims Christ is "here" or "there" in a particular location on the planet because that location is having a "revival" or something.
The false teachers and antichrists are in the church preaching that Christ is only here on Earth in Spirit but not in flesh today and they are always waiting for him to arrive in the flesh one day as an individual man in the sky because they idolise an individual man as God. They worship a false Christ and they lead people astray as they entice and seduce them into their churches with false promises of physical healing and physical wealth and all kinds of false hopes including the hope that they will see a physical man return in the physical clouds in their lifetime.

Jesus Christ is in me and is with me always BUT I shall see Him as promised when He appears as the Bridegroom in taking me Home above.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Man was created as an immortal. It was when man had sinned, that death entered into the world. Man was not created to die. Remember that.
What if he was? What if mankind was created with both a mortal aspect as well as an immortal aspect because God also has both aspects as well?
Something that is immortal cannot die due to being immortal. Therefore logically any death or mortality of Adam would be impossible if he was ONLY created immortal.
Is body made of dust immortal or just the spirit in the body? The body of the man was created BEFORE the eternal Spirit of God was breathed into the body.
What part of Adam died on THE DAY he ate of the tree of knowledge? It was not his physical body that died on that same day. His physical body died many years later.
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
When people partake of any knowledge at all, they happen to die to ignorance the very second they become enlightened to something they previously did not know or understand. They die to the darkness within and end up in the light with knowledge and understanding they did not previously have. No person can gain knowledge without losing or dying to ignorance.
Christians preach about the tree of knowledge of good and evil as being a bad thing in the story but it represents the knowledge of God. Do you think gaining and partaking of the knowledge of God is a bad thing or a good thing?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, but running the race is done on earth. :rolleyes:

But the consequences are not just the loss of rewards of crowns but being a castaway and thus not received to the Marriage Supper.

Exactly, He chastens. He doesn't kick you out of the family once you're in. You've been adopted to sonship. Eph 1:5, Gal 6:10.

Excommunication does not mean the believer was never saved when done by the church down here, so why believe that is what it means when God does it at the pre trib rapture?.

God chastens His saints right now in the Grace Period. He doesn't need the tribulation to do it.

He will cast the saints in the church at Thyatira into the bed of the great tribulation. Says so plainly as a warning in Revelation.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Again, the church and trib saints are separate bodies.

On that I agree except it will include left behind saints that did not repent from their iniquity as well as former believers.

Easy, if it isn't then God is in contradiction.. John 3:16, John 5:24, John 6:35-40, John 10:25-30, Rom 4:7, Rom 8:38-39, Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, Heb 6:18-19, Heb 9:12, Heb 10:11-14, 1 John 5:4-5, 1 John 5:9-14, 2 John 1:2.

God is not in contradiction. All believers are saved but not all will be found abiding in Him & His words as kept in the KJV as His disciples.

Believers will be judged n that day by what they have built on that foundation and those that defiled the temple of God, him will God destroy.

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

That is why God will judge saints by their works with death if they have defiled the temple of God by being found still in iniquity.

The Day is on Feast of Trumpets, the hour is at sunset (in the twinkling of an eye). Learn your Bible.. TorahCalendar.com

1 Cor 15:51-52 Behold, I tell you a secret; We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet, for it shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

If you go to Leviticus 23 there are seven feasts of the Lord. The word "festival" in Hebrew is translated "moed" which means: appointed time, place, or meeting. The first four feasts have already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago, and the last three are still future. Jesus fulfilled the first four feasts to the day literally, and the next feast on God's calendar is the Feast of Trumpets which is on 9/21/17 two days before the great sign appears in heaven. Each festival (an appointed time in history) represents an event Jesus fulfilled or will fulfill in the near future. The Feast of Trumpets represents the rapture of the church at the end of the church age, the age of Grace.

1. The Passover (God leads the Jews out of Egypt and slavery)
2. Unleavened Bread (The Death and Burial of Jesus Christ)
3. First Fruits (Resurrection of Jesus Christ)
4. Feast of Weeks/Pentecost (The beginning of the church age, Holy Spirit indwells believers)
5. Feast of Trumpets (The rapture of the church)
6. Day of Atonement (Jesus lands on the Mount of Olives and atones for the sins of Israel at the end of the 7 year tribulation)
7. Feast of Tabernacles (The 1,000 year reign with Christ)

Interesting teaching but that does not negate the excommunication part that will happen at the pre trib rapture.

Right back atcha.. :rolleyes: .. John 3:16, John 5:24, John 6:35-40, John 10:25-30, Rom 4:7, Rom 8:38-39, Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, Heb 6:18-19, Heb 9:12, Heb 10:11-14, 1 John 5:4-5, 1 John 5:9-14, 2 John 1:2.

Again, salvation is not at risk and being left behind does not mean they were not saved, but disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper and thus to be received later on after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House at their resurrection then.

Jesus body will not be disfigured! :rolleyes:

Any work of iniquity denies Him, and thus they will be denied.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him:if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So even former believers are at risk of being left behind but they are still saved because He is faithful as He does still abide.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So there are 2 kinds of inheritance in His House; the vessel unto honor received at the pre trib raqpture and they that be Christ's at His coming as vessels unto dishonor in His House for once the door to the Marriage Supper is shut, no one can have that firstfruits of the inheritance to be that vessel unto honor in His House.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the cross it is finished, to religious people it's not.

Ask ScottA what he had meant in relations to my post. It is still convoluted to me and going off topic & hardly applicable to my post if he meant what you say he meant.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if he was? What if mankind was created with both a mortal aspect as well as an immortal aspect because God also has both aspects as well?

But you said God, not including Jesus at His incarnation, was not like that when man was created. Yes?

Something that is immortal cannot die due to being immortal. Therefore logically any death or mortality of Adam would be impossible if he was ONLY created immortal.

Still overlooking the consequence of the fall.

Is body made of dust immortal or just the spirit in the body? The body of the man was created BEFORE the eternal Spirit of God was breathed into the body.

The glory of the terrestrial existed before the fall when man could not die, and was naked and not ashamed because man had not sinned yet.

What part of Adam died on THE DAY he ate of the tree of knowledge? It was not his physical body that died on that same day. His physical body died many years later.

Sin drove Adam into hiding from God. Death had eventually come to him. People think God sends people to hell, but it is sin that drove them there to be where nothing good dwells as God is good; thus eternal separation from God and all that is good will come at the lake of fire when hell is thrown in it too with death.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Actually in the day as underlined is just referring to the day he eats of it; and when he did, he shall surely die but not necessarily that day. That means he was an immortal until that day he eats of that forbidden fruit.

When people partake of any knowledge at all, they happen to die to ignorance the very second they become enlightened to something they previously did not know or understand. They die to the darkness within and end up in the light with knowledge and understanding they did not previously have. No person can gain knowledge without losing or dying to ignorance.

Was it not C.S. Lewis that said "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil."

Read more at: C. S. Lewis Quotes

Seems like that would somehow trump what you are saying.

Christians preach about the tree of knowledge of good and evil as being a bad thing in the story but it represents the knowledge of God. Do you think gaining and partaking of the knowledge of God is a bad thing or a good thing?

I point to C.S. Lewis quote again above in this post. Seems like sinners have two ways to respond to the knowledge of God; believe or deny. So what a sinner does with that knowledge of God can be a good thing or a bad thing. Indeed, they can have the knowledge of God and still do bad things.

I believe the knowledge of good and evil was that they had sinned against God by eating the fruit. They thought they knew better than God and found out what was outside of God and the will of God which was nothing good. So it was a bad thing when it brought a separation from God and the threat of eternal separation from God which was death from life with God.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Yet it did when God defined an evening and a morning as the first day and each day after that in creation week.

Seeing how His Kingdom will reign on earth, time exists for at the end of the millenial reign of Christ, Satan will be released from the pit for a small season.

We can be thankful that it is only for a season.

It is humans who read the bible and take the stories literally who define the evening and morning as literal evening and morning but in a spiritual sense the evening refers to spiritual darkness and the morning refers to spiritual light and together the darkness and the light make up the WHOLE Day which is ultimately called LIGHT.
Now consider the fact that some people in the story called and perceived the LIGHT of the world ( good) as darkness ( evil). They still do today.
Pharisees saw Jesus as the devil not as god.
Many unbelievers tend to see the God of the bible stories as evil and not as good because they concentrate on the evil aspects of what the character does in the stories and also tend to take those stories literally.
In a literal sense darkness and light make up one whole day but that "day" in the sense of darkness and light is not 24 hours. darkness and light together are always on Earth at the same time. If you imagine yourself out in space for a while and understand the light part of the planet is always the side facing closest to the sun and the dark part of the planet is always the side facing away from the sun, you might realise that darkness does not change its location in 24 hours and neither does the light.
It is the Earth which creates the illusion of time as it moves around its own axis chasing its own tail.
No light ever comes the east and moves to the west. That is also an illusion created by Earths movement. The light part of Earth is always closest to the sun.
Evening, (darkness) and morning, (light), together make up the day of the Lord (LIGHT) for all eternity.
It makes no difference how many days you count because it is not 24 hours that make up the day in the Genesis story. It is evening and morning which are both always on Earth at the same time and the first evening and morning is the same darkness and light as the second and third and fourth and fifth...etc. The darkness and light does not come and go or change to be a different evening and morning or another darkness and light. It is always the same darkness and the same light which make up the same day called LIGHT and the numbers that people place on the day are irrelevant and only cause them to be self deluded and self deceived regarding eternal spiritual principles.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
You're in for a rude awakening.

Only to those who believe in the resurrection and are born again, but you don't believe. So I'm assuming the heaven you're referring to is from some new age meditation cd or something, or the Opera Winfrey show?

We will see who comes to the rude awakening on the day you are waiting for and it won't be me since I am already wide awake and I know without a shadow of doubt that you are dreaming.
I believe in the spiritual resurrection since I abide in IT daily.
I know there is no physical resurrection of any physical body from any physical graves because all physical bodies return to dust and always will. If they did not, the Earth would never hold all the eternally living bodies on it.
In the story ( John 11:25) Jesus IS the resurrection.
I abide in that resurrection which is not an event but is the LIGHT itself which resurrects people from darkness daily IF they embrace the Light instead of seeing it as darkness and wanting to push it away, reject it s something evil or try to use their so called "spiritual authority" to command it to depart from them.
Heaven is WITHIN YOU. ( Luke 17:21)
It is an inner state of righteousness peace and joy. ( Rom 14:17)
It is not a location outside of you.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is humans who read the bible and take the stories literally who define the evening and morning as literal evening and morning ...........

Jesus validated scripture as something that cannot be broken and thus is the truth in what is written. Since He also validated the creation of the seventh day, He validated all the days of creation week as an evening and a morning each day.

It is always the same darkness and the same light which make up the same day called LIGHT and the numbers that people place on the day are irrelevant and only cause them to be self deluded and self deceived regarding eternal spiritual principles.

Careful... judge not les ye be judged. Attributing self delusion on people not seeing how you see things can come back around and bite you.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

I can only hope the Lord ministers to you to see why I read the Genesis creation account as literal, because He meant literal, but only He can show you that.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA

The agape love that is in believers will never leave us. Neither..

trouble
hardship
persecution
famine
nakedness
danger
sword
death nor life
angels nor demons
the present nor the future
nor any powers
height nor depth
nor anything else in all creation,

will be able to separate us from the love (agape) of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love (agape) has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Rom 8:33-39 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love (agape) of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love (agape) of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Cor 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love (agape) of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Col 1:3-8 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love (agape) you have for all God’s people— 5the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel 6that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace. 7You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant,c who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, 8and who also told us of your love (agape) in the Spirit.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Any work of iniquity denies Him, and thus they will be denied.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

This is referring to nonbelievers, Read Rom 1:18-32. A true born again believer in Christ will never deny Jesus. But the religious say otherwise, no? :rolleyes:

Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Again, salvation is not at risk and being left behind does not mean they were not saved, but disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper and thus to be received later on after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House at their resurrection then.

Only in your imagination. :rolleyes:

John 20:29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Rom 4:7 "Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

Rev 19:9 Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!" And he added, "These are the true words of God."

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
But you said God, not including Jesus at His incarnation, was not like that when man was created. Yes?
What did I write that you interpreted that way? I think you are misinterpreting my words.
Flesh comes from flesh and spirit comes from spirit. (John 3:6)

Still overlooking the consequence of the fall.
You have been brainwashed to perceive the Garden of Eden story as a "fall" from some "heavenly paradise" but in reality the only place Adam and Eve in the story "fell" from is the place of ignorance and spiritual darkness as they gained the wisdom and knowledge of God and became as gods with the understanding of the gods.
Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

So from what spiritual ground were you "taken" and what spiritual ground are you tilling? What are you planting in that ground? Be careful what seeds you sow because you will ultimately reap what you sow in the ground.
Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.
Prov 22:8 He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.
Hos 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

Does God send forth immature people who have no knowledge of God to work in the field, till spiritual ground and plant seeds etc or does he send His sons (gods) to do that work?

Can gods die? Yes they can and do die daily. 1 Cor 15:31 " I die daily" < Think of those words as coming from the Spirit of God within Paul not from a mere person.
Heb 6:6 ........" they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." < Now think of Jesus Christ on the cross being crucified daily by all who call the TRUTH a lie and reject it due to perceiving it as a lie.

Christ dies daily. The crucifixion story is an eternal TRUTH without beginning or end. It is not a one time event that happened only once in history.

I point to C.S. Lewis quote again above in this post. Seems like sinners have two ways to respond to the knowledge of God; believe or deny. So what a sinner does with that knowledge of God can be a good thing or a bad thing. Indeed, they can have the knowledge of God and still do bad things.

Obviously and preaching a false Christ is one of those very bad things. That very bad thing is done by believers in Christ not by unbelievers in Christ since people who do not believe in Christ do not preach any kind of Christ.
Matt 7:21-23. The people the Lord rejects in that parable are believers not unbelievers. They are people who have called him Lord and claimed to do miracles in his name.

I believe the knowledge of good and evil was that they had sinned against God by eating the fruit. They thought they knew better than God and found out what was outside of God and the will of God which was nothing good. So it was a bad thing when it brought a separation from God and the threat of eternal separation from God which was death from life with God.

They did not sin by eating anything because they had no knowledge of right and wrong before they partook of that knowledge.
They did not think they knew better than God or anyone. They knew nothing at all before they gained knowledge. Their true knowledge of God was gained by experience. To experience something is to partake or eat of it.
If it was not in the will of God for them to gain the knowledge of God, why do you think God placed the tree of knowledge in the garden in the first place?
The moral of the story is simply that it costs you your life to gain the knowledge of God.
Jesus conveys the same principle in....
Matt 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
Luke 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Gen 3:4-5 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The serpent (wisdom of God) who knew the same as what God knew, tells people that gaining the knowledge of God will kill them but on the other hand, it will not ultimately kill them but they will become like gods and live forever with the knowledge of God but it will COST them one life to gain another LIFE. It takes death to ignorance to gain knowledge. It takes death to foolishness to gain wisdom. It takes death to sin to gain righteousness. It takes death to darkness to gain light. It takes death to immaturity to gain maturity. You simply cannot gain new life without losing the old life.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Sin drove Adam into hiding from God. Death had eventually come to him. People think God sends people to hell, but it is sin that drove them there to be where nothing good dwells as God is good; thus eternal separation from God and all that is good will come at the lake of fire when hell is thrown in it too with death.

God is everywhere according to Psalm 139, including in hell. None can ever escape from God. Any concept of separation from God is nonsense since God is through ALL and IN ALL. The word ALL means everything and everywhere.
God IS the eternally consuming fire.( Deut 4:24, Deut 9:3, Heb 12:29 )
Whether people perceive that fire to be heaven or hell depends on whether they are burned or purified in the fire but either way, all are in the fire for all eternity. The dross is constantly dying or burned and the gold is constantly purified and shines as the PURE LIGHT which emanates from the fire.

Actually in the day as underlined is just referring to the day he eats of it; and when he did, he shall surely die but not necessarily that day. That means he was an immortal until that day he eats of that forbidden fruit.

As soon as people partake of LIGHT/Revelation/wisdom, it dispels or destroys or brings death to darkness/Ignorance, foolishness. It does it immediately not at some other time many years in the future.
If you have ever experienced the LIGHT or a revelation or an awakening in that "AHA" moment where you wonder why it didn't dawn on you before, you would understand that principle that the darkness flees as soon as the Light arrives not many years later.
Physical things were never immortal. They are not meant to be immortal. They are constantly changing as the old things are constantly passing away and being replaced with the new. Even in growth, the old, immature passes away and is replaced with new more mature version of something. The same principle applies in the spiritual realm. If it did not, no one would ever grow or change or mature spiritually but stagnate as an ignorant immature "god" who knew absolutely nothing of value.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Jesus validated scripture as something that cannot be broken and thus is the truth in what is written. Since He also validated the creation of the seventh day, He validated all the days of creation week as an evening and a morning each day.

Careful... judge not les ye be judged. Attributing self delusion on people not seeing how you see things can come back around and bite you.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

I can only hope the Lord ministers to you to see why I read the Genesis creation account as literal, because He meant literal, but only He can show you that.

I fully understand your view point since I once saw and understood like a child too and took things far more literally than is wise but I grew up and put away such childish things.
Once I was blind but NOW I see Christ in the flesh face to face on Earth daily and have no need to wait for any bridegroom to arrive one day since I am already ONE with Him in me and I in Him.
I hope your eyes are opened to see him face to face on Earth in the flesh every day too and you wake up from your childish dreams about your bridegroom appearing in literal clouds one day.
The perfect LIGHT ( The DAY consisting of darkness and light at all times) IS come in the flesh on Earth every single day for all eternity. That DAY ( LIGHT) is one eternal day( LIGHT) which includes all the temporary days on this planet of the past present and future.