Rapture Ready For Partial Rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:

How do you know that those who destroy God's temple are Christians?

Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, so don't be joining it to a prostitute.

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

You all together are the temple of God, so don't defile that temple (context, division)! Any who destroy God's temple, God will destroy!

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

But these verses do not actually tell us that God will destroy a Christian. And even so, If this is saying that God will cast some of His children into the Great Tribulation, It says that God will destroy them, not that they will be saved though as through fire. Right?

Much love!

Death is the destruction of the flesh, which is the physical bodies; as their spirits will be with the Lord after death.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that case this is happening now, and has, and will continue to, and therefore has nothing to do with the 70th week, and therefore has no bearing on the rapture. This is just a normal and standard process with God towards this sort of believer.

Much love!

1 Corinthians 3:13 reports that this judgment takes place on a specific day and that day is when the Bridegroom comes back to judge His House first.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Granted, those not found abiding in Him that are in the grave, will not be resurrected just as those not found abiding in Him in the land of the living will not participate in the first fruits of the resurrection.

The accomplishment for those living saints that were not found abiding in Him? That is when the Father chastens them as that is when God judges His House with stripes for not being ready. They are with the Lord by their spirits under the altar, but they missed out on the firstfruits of the resurrection.

Again, I'll return to Thessalonians,

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

"the dead in Christ shall rise first", "we which are alive and remain", not, "the dead who died while abiding in Christ shall rise first. Instead, "the dead in Christ". All of them.

This is inclusive language.

Much love!

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 15:50-56 is a prophecy about the Great White Throne Judgment; AFTER the Millennium. Proved by how it is only then that Death is no more. Revelation 21:4 Only then will anyone receive immortality; when the Book of Life is opened.

! Thess 2:16-17 Jesus descends from heaven. Those who remain alive; after the Great Trib, will meet the Lord and then be with Him in Jerusalem. Revelation 5:9-10
This is a horizontal transportation of His faithful people, just like what happened to Philip. Acts 8:39

Brother; I have.
And I have intensively studied God's Word. I simply do not see a 'rapture to heaven' anywhere there.
What I do see, is how we must stand firm in our faith and endure until the end. That is my aim and fervent desire.

For what it is worth, I agree.

It is just better if we walk how we are called to walk.
Then , when God 'rolls up the carpet' so to speak, we are ready.

Live ready. The rapture or not, we walk the line because we love Him, not to be ready and worthy to escape!!
Something wrong with that picture.
Loving Him to be close, or loving to get something?

Reactions: Keraz

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:13 reports that this judgment takes place on a specific day and that day is when the Bridegroom comes back to judge His House first.

13 each man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it is revealed in fire; and the fire itself shall prove each man's work of what sort it is.

But this does not say it is the day of rapture.

Much love!

Reactions: Hisman

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

They knew the truth, and even were in the church. They looked like us. We didn't know who they were, they looked so much like us! But when they left, then we could see, they never really were of us.

Much love!

As being of the first fold that follow His voice and not a stranger's voice to be of "us"; the firstfruits of the resurrection. Those who depart from "us" and not being of "us: are the other fold that had followed the stranger's voice ( John 10:1-5 ) but He MUST bring them as they will be made to hear His voice literally as their King of kings, and be of the one fold and one shepherd; John 10:14-16

Just like there are former believers that err from the truth in believing the lie of the evolution theory and had their faith overthrown; but they are still called to depart from iniquity or else wind up becoming forever vessels unto dishonor in His House. 2 Timothy 2:18-21

That is why we are to call even former believers to repent so they too may obtain the eternal glory that comes with our salvation which is to be received by the Bridegroom as vessels unto honor in His House because He still abides in former believers as verse 13 says in 2 Timothy 2:10-13

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what will the prodigal son have? Not the firstfruits' benefits. Resurrected after the great tribulation, the power of the second death will not be over them, meaning they are kept from going to the lake of fire; they will marry and have families in setting examples for the coming generations during the millennium reign as they shall serve the King of kings from all over the world in representing Him and the City of God on earth. They will have access to the tree of life in the City of God for the healing of the nations. Then one day at the great white throne judgment, death and hell will be cast into the lake of fire when no one will physically die then, let alone sin against God. So the benefits are different than being a part of the firstfruits.
We're miles apart on this.

I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself, but I've been fascinated to learn more about how you see these things!

Also, there's so much content, not complaining, I appreciate your work, but it tends to get a little taxing. I'm sure I'll come back to this!

Much love!

Reactions: Enow

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is . . . how do any of these things that you've mentioned apply to those who live during this last generation of this age, how do these things apply to them but not to every other generation?

Much love!

Jesus said this to all believers in getting ready for Him by abiding in Him unto death before He comes as the Bridegroom. This first fruits of the resurrection will not apply to left behind saints that goes during the great tribulation when He comes back as the King of kings.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 each man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it is revealed in fire; and the fire itself shall prove each man's work of what sort it is.

But this does not say it is the day of rapture.

Much love!

The consequence being the destruction of the flesh says it is for those unrepentant saints left behind as given unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh as he will wage war on the saints left behind and new ones too. 1 Corinthians 5:4-5 has God commanding churches to do that as symbolic per excommunication but when God does it, it will be literal since Satan will wage warn on the saints.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said this to all believers in getting ready for Him by abiding in Him unto death before He comes as the Bridegroom. This first fruits of the resurrection will not apply to left behind saints that goes during the great tribulation when He comes back as the King of kings.
Ok, maybe I understand better what you are thinking.

Throughout the centuries, Christians have died in one of two catagories, the firstfruits, those who have abided in Christ, and are raised/caught up at the rapture, and who receive a certain status and elevation over the other, and, those who have not abided in Christ, and are only resurrected afterward, to a continued mortal status, and who will forever be dishonored within the household of God for eternity.

Is that correct?

Much love!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're miles apart on this.

I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself, but I've been fascinated to learn more about how you see these things!

Also, there's so much content, not complaining, I appreciate your work, but it tends to get a little taxing. I'm sure I'll come back to this!

Much love!

We can always take a break and hope the Lord is ministering between us as iron sharpens iron since it is on God to cause the increase..

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can always take a break and hope the Lord is ministering between us as iron sharpens iron since it is on God to cause the increase..
Let's face facts! I can't stay away!

:):D:eek:

But as much as we can focus on single points at time that is helpful to me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still of a mind that there is nothing that modifies the inclusive language in 1 Thessalonians, the dead in Christ, we which are alive and remain, I don't see any way around that, except to say, I don't see how that could be, considering not all obey!

If it says "we who are alive and remain", and, "the dead in Christ", why should we not take it to mean Exactly that? Unless there were something written that specifically modifies these statements, but there is nothing there.

To me this excludes the very possibility of a partial rapture.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I really enjoy is that we can come at this from different points of view, and, be nice about it!

:):):):):):):):)

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

I believe there are 3 harvests that makes up the whole of the kingdom of God before Jesus hands it back to the Father.

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

The first fruits;

They that be Christ's at His coming

Those remaining loyal to Christ after Satan has been released from the pit after a thousand years for a small season.

Then the great white throne judgement and death is in the lake of fire for when Jesus gives the kingdom back to the Father

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still of a mind that there is nothing that modifies the inclusive language in 1 Thessalonians, the dead in Christ, we which are alive and remain, I don't see any way around that, except to say, I don't see how that could be, considering not all obey!

If it says "we who are alive and remain", and, "the dead in Christ", why should we not take it to mean Exactly that? Unless there were something written that specifically modifies these statements, but there is nothing there.

To me this excludes the very possibility of a partial rapture.

Much love!

I understand but then that would be like your reference in 1 John 2nd chapter of those abiding and did not depart from us, are of "us", right? Then those dead in Christ as "in" referring to abiding "in" Christ shall rise first and those abiding "in" Christ that are alive and remain will be changed and take n up.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I really enjoy is that we can come at this from different points of view, and, be nice about it!

:):):):):):):):)

Yes. As long as we abide in Him and His words by His grace and by His help as our Good Shepherd, we shall have reasons to rejoice in Him and cast our crowns at His feet in Heaven because we are His crowning achievements in Heaven testifying to His glory since no flesh shall glory in His Presence.

Reactions: marks