~ REAL CHRISTIANS ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Okay, I'll buy it.. What are we speaking about now?
Jesus= Emanuel, God with us... didn't come at Passover...how do you get that!!?
View attachment 1517
well i agree, the flesh body of Jesus that we celebrate did not come then; the resurrected Christ, the One that matters iow, did. But see how we obscure this every way possible, with Christmas, and then Easter, which can only--or at least does--culminate in some belief about a life that will start only after we die, right. "I came that you might have life, more abundantly" becomes a little joke iow; an opportunity to give each other presents at the death of a witness, you might even say

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well i agree, the flesh body of Jesus that we celebrate did not come then; the resurrected Christ, the One that matters iow, did. But see how we obscure this every way possible, with Christmas, and then Easter, which can only--or at least does--culminate in some belief about a life that will start only after we die, right. "I came that you might have life, more abundantly" becomes a little joke iow; an opportunity to give each other presents at the death of a witness, you might even say

Okay...thanks...yes I agree....amazing how when you add just a few more lines to your posts it becomes much clearer. :)

I think you just enjoy trying to make us work to get what your are saying!:D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Okay...thanks...yes I agree....amazing how when you add just a few more lines to your posts it becomes much clearer. :)

ha, ya, i guess it seems that way, but my posts are long enough already lol, better to respond to seeking, i have found, than try to cover every perspective in one post

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. My whole life I couldn't stand half sentences that we were to figure out...tho, @bbyrd009, you are a fun guy, harmless...and the big plus, ha,:) you are smart
and we see eye to eye on many things...this 'making it hard to follow what you say and mean'
is something that has been brought up many times here..I truly do not think you are aware of it.
Life is too short to have to go back and keep asking someone what they MEAN!

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes. My whole life I couldn't stand half sentences that we were to figure out...tho, @bbyrd009, you are a fun guy, harmless...and the big plus, ha,:) you are smart
and we see eye to eye on many things...this 'making it hard to follow what you say and mean'
is something that has been brought up many times here..I truly do not think you are aware of it.
Life is too short to have to go back and keep asking someone what they MEAN!
i would love to post the absolute truth and not have to clarify later; unfortunately truth just doesn't work that way imo; those are facts that are sought, and we have Oracles for those, see. Plenty of ppl willing to tell you the facts, right, and present them as truth, too, i guess. i used to post with complete clarity myself, ok, and i could still do that, only of course then i could not brook any questions, right.

So fwiw i am almost never being coy on purpose, that drives me nuts too. It's just that a statement that reflects truth with perfect clarity to me might naturally need clarification by someone else with different definitions; only i cannot predict all of the definitions that might be differing, without my posts getting even more cumbersome than they already are.

And we are not even considering "seek, ask, knock" here yet either, right. Iow truth served on a plate is basically useless to ppl, truth must be sought and experienced to be valid to someone, otherwise it is just a belief; that we observe cannot be questioned usually, right? Or at least the response is pretty universal in those cases, so much so that i don't even have to characterize the one who has had their beliefs questioned, do i?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha, ya, i guess it seems that way, but my posts are long enough already lol, better to respond to seeking, i have found, than try to cover every perspective in one post

Well long enough for you, because you always know what you mean...sometime just a few extra words helps us to get where you are coming from.

But like I have said before...and @Miss Hepburn said above...we enjoy fellowshipping in posts with you...you are an added spice to this Forum Site.
I am sure we all have a few 'favourite' members which make us happy when we come to the Site and see they have posted. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did indeed lay down some hard doctrine. I think it was a bit of a shock to thrm as well as them not ubderstanding... Perhaps all they heard was eat my flesh and drink my blood.

When Jesus said, " will you go away also?" have you ever wondered about his demeanor? Was he sweet pea Jesus or hot head Jesus?

Just something to consider.
Perhaps as Jesus said it he was ready to weep again because he realized that many were leaving and would not come back. They would end up with nothing good.

There was no compromise in Him, but his heart was breaking because of the ones who would stay for the good sounding words and run from anything sounding difficult. God is what He is... even if we don't understand Him at all. Again, Jesus wept!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
sometime just a few extra words helps us to get where you are coming from.
see that the same words that you seek for truth are the words that a locust might object all the more to though, see.
Myths like Santa and Easter Bunny are not adhered to by believers for nothing, see, they serve a purpose

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well long enough for you, because you always know what you mean...sometime just a few extra words helps us to get where you are coming from.

But like I have said before...and @Miss Hepburn said above...we enjoy fellowshipping in posts with you...you are an added spice to this Forum Site.
I am sure we all have a few 'favourite' members which make us happy when we come to the Site and see they have posted. :)
So long as they are favorite for the right reasons it may be OK. For example, we may say our favorite character in the four gospels is Jesus and any follower of Jesus is likely to agree. On the other hand, when we go to the OT and pick our favorites it is not likely to be anyone who made no mistakes, is it? Why is that?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see that the same words that you seek for truth are the words that a locust ? might object all the more to though, see.
Myths like Santa and Easter Bunny are not adhered to by believers for nothing, see, they serve a purpose
ByGrace, tell me the truth...do you know what he is saying...or is it just me...I read it...3 xs.
(I'm used to forum police on other forums, so...I bolded locust, adding ?)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or even the opportunity to find some pretty colored eggs.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So long as they are favorite for the right reasons it may be OK. For example, we may say our favorite character in the four gospels is Jesus and any follower of Jesus is likely to agree. On the other hand, when we go to the OT and pick our favorites it is not likely to be anyone who made no mistakes, is it? Why is that?

Oh I agree...I have just said :) to you on a different thread, forgotten it's name now.
That I love those who challenge me to think etc...we get too comfortable in our pet beliefs is it is never challenged and proven to us to be so.

Right now I actually think we have an excellent mix of members on this site now... :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ByGrace, tell me the truth...do you know what he is saying...or is it just me...I read it...3 xs.

Nop not a clue....
I "liked " it though because he bothered to answer my posts.
Sometimes I 'like' posts because they bless me and lift me. Sometimes I "like" them because I thought they gave a good answer ( and an answer that I would have given, IF I could use words like some have the gift for) and sometimes I "like" a post to just let them know I read their response to me and appreciate their time.
I just 'liked' a post just now of someone who was actually disagreeing with me...but it gave me a chuckle...well worth a "like". :D

To to answer you...no, I am none the wiser. lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well iow you are accepting of "we install/accept a myth for Passover, too," but others are not so accepting as you are of this pov, see; clarification only makes it worse for them, more offending, not better. They just don't happen to be the ones replying today

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
lots of believers accept Santa and Bunny, see, and i am offending them now, iow

not that i would define them as locusts, necessarily, that would depend upon whether they destroy crops or not i guess

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rules Of The Forum

I just read through them again today...only because someone mentioned "the forum rules" in a post. This below is just a snippet of a very long post.
Maybe worth a refresher.

Quote:-
  • No Flaming, Goading or Harassment. All members should be treated with the utmost respect and courtesy at all times following the rules of civil discourse, this includes heated debate discussions or even in daily discussion in the shoutbox.
  • No insults are allowed. Included in this are all forms of flaming, harassment...
[*]Do not attack another member's character in any way.
Address the post content, not the member's character, family, denominational affiliation or any other subject that may be perceived as a personal attack by the Christianity Board team and is not germane to the topic or post at hand.
[*]Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not a Christians. ( this still seems to be forgotten so often....H )
If there is an issue where a member seems to have circumvented the basic tenants of the faith in order to join the community, please privately contact the Christianity Board Team to voice your concern.

End quote.

Last edited:

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I judged it to be a 'tongue in cheek' question!

I had to look it up before answering----
The tongue-in-cheek figure of speech is used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended, and it should not be taken at face value. The phrase was originally meant to express contempt.

You are partially right, I do not live in Canada therefore it would be hard for me to attend your Church. And yes, at 67 I kinda think you have a beautiful smile & was using this as an excuse to say so.
And last but not please, tell your husband not to send me any hate mail, I get enough of those already, ok

I will not bother you again.
bye

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had to look it up before answering----
The tongue-in-cheek figure of speech is used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended, and it should not be taken at face value. The phrase was originally meant to express contempt.

You are partially right, I do not live in Canada therefore it would be hard for me to attend your Church. And yes, at 67 I kinda think you have a beautiful smile & was using this as an excuse to say so.
And last but not please, tell your husband not to send me any hate mail, I get enough of those already, ok

I will not bother you again.
bye

Haha! Thanks for the compliment...but my hair should show much greyer in the photo ....maybe I was 67 when I first joined the site...but I am 75 now..unless you meant that 'you' were 67.

No worries from hubby, he hates writing...phone yes, but not the written word. :D
have a blessed day....H