~ REAL CHRISTIANS ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Pro 19:11 The discretion of a man maketh him slow to anger; And it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

And while that is true, there is a line that needs to be drawn. There is a time to take a stand. There is a point, when one can no longer overlook offense / transgression.

We all know the Scriptures. We all know that we shall be judged as we judge. That mercy triumphs over judgment. However, to allow something / someone among us, to carry on unchecked, for such, we also would be guilty.

Apparently, you and I draw that line very near to the same point.

In His love,
Richard

I am so sorry @Richard_oti
I did not see this post before...I missed the notification/Alert. :(

Yes indeed very true. When the Spirit within nudges us we then can speak with authority , but only then.
Trouble is, often I jump ahead of God's Spirit and shoot my mouth off in 'the flesh' :oops:. Zeal is no excuse..because then the 'line' become just a righteous argument of right and wrong, without the Spirit there were no authority in our mouth.

Just my thoughts...

Reactions: Richard_oti

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D Well , when you say it like that ...yes...I see what you mean. :)
I guess last night when I wrote this thread...I felt like I too should follow those who have left.
Many good , sound members may not have cancelled their membership....but they are no longer here. Why?
What is it which drives them away?
Or maybe does not “draw them here” any more?
I just hate all the name calling...and angry posts ( and like you point out...I have now joined them by ranting).
Maybe more of a reason why I should just go too. :oops:
Consider when Jesus was saying some hard things and even some of his disciples were leaving him:

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" John 6:66-67

Why did they leave Him? Why did the ones who stayed stay? He loved them but would not compromise to keep them. Some of them stayed because as Peter put it He had the Words [of eternal Life]. There are fewer and fewer places where a believer can go these days and find people able to feed him good food [Words of Life]. There may be a lot of garbage mixed in, but the Word is here every now and then for those who are able even sometimes to see and to hear.

Why did they leave Him? I won't answer that. But, why do seemingly "good" people leave us here? I also won't answer that.

Reactions: FHII

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Consider when Jesus was saying some hard things and even some of his disciples were leaving him:

Why did they leave Him? Why did the ones who stayed stay? He loved them but would not compromise to keep them. Some of them stayed because as Peter put it He had the Words [of eternal Life]. There are fewer and fewer places where a believer can go these days and find people able to feed him good food [Words of Life]. There may be a lot of garbage mixed in, but the Word is here every now and then for those who are able even sometimes to see and to hear.

Why did they leave Him? I won't answer that. But, why do seemingly "good" people leave us here? I also won't answer that.

I only have a moment, then I must run to work.
Thanks for response.
I "think" those that I call "good mature people" leave here ...or not so much leave, but float on, stay two moments...and float off again.
I saw one do just that last night..about (my) midnight. My best guess is that they didn't see anything to "challenge " them...not meaning in a negative way, but some if not many members on here are very well read, and intellectual ... they enjoy the 'heady' deeper bible studies...I can never keep up with that, being I have a pea sized brain :D
I would have thought that when Admins or Mods see their good Site getting floppy and the members losing interest ....they would step up and write something edifying themselves to draw them back....Having 'hands-off' Admins and Mods is refreshing and commendable...but I wonder why they don't step in when things start lagging a bit.
I must say...I do not miss the rude and argumentative members which seem to have drifted off ( or are on suspension for a while) :)
So, we can't have everything can we? ha!
It was those around Jesus who knew where "life" was, and feed on His words and wisdom...where else could they go for truth...even if it was painful to the flesh. The others? They drifted off I would guess because they didn't like His message of the life with a cross in it, or the price of total surrender.
Probably they were hoping for the Kingdom to gloriously come now...but not so keen on hearing the message of laying down the flesh life at His feet and doing as He was doing.

Gotta stop chatting now and run..( or more likely slip and slide in the snow...) to work for the morning. I'll catch up here this afternoon. Helen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of these people who are goads in our sides or even bullies at times may work for the left hand of God. They do have a purpose in His plan, but if they offend it could well be a woe onto them:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matt 18:7

Reactions: pia and Helen

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I am so sorry <snip>

Nothing to be sorry for. It didn't require a reply.

<snip>

Yes indeed very true. When the Spirit within nudges us we then can speak with authority , but only then.

Understood. Yet, the ol' Gibbs "gut" comes into play, and all that is required, is to wait until the "time" comes.

Trouble is, often I jump ahead of God's Spirit and shoot my mouth off in 'the flesh' :oops:. Zeal is no excuse..because then the 'line' become just a righteous argument of right and wrong, without the Spirit there were no authority in our mouth.

Your point is known and understood. Thanks for being the person you are.

<snip>

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ByGrace is passing no judgment...she is saying, "Knock it off!"
That's much worse....gotcha...*kidding* :D

Reactions: pia

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
@ByGrace is passing no judgment...she is saying, "Knock it off!"
That's much worse....gotcha...*kidding* :D

<chuckle> @"ByGrace" does have a wicked Gibbs "head slap". When she says "knock it off", ya better listen!

PS: You need to include the quotation marks to tag "ByGrace" since she used quotation marks in her user name.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey you two... @Richard_oti @Miss Hepburn :D

I felt my ears burning , so popped over here to see why. LOL

Hugs to both of you. I am so glad you are both here...some people are just too intense ...now and again it is nice to lighten things up a bit on here :)
Have a great Christmas both of you...hmmm second thoughts..do you even keep Christmas Richard?
I don't believe the birth was December at all...but I enjoy fun and family and them all being off work...

Emanuel came...that is good enough for me! Yay!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Hey you two... @Richard_oti @Miss Hepburn :D

I felt my ears burning , so popped over here to see why. LOL

Hugs to both of you. I am so glad you are both here...some people are just too intense ...now and again it is nice to lighten things up a bit on here :)
Have a great Christmas both of you...hmmm second thoughts..do you even keep Christmas Richard?
I don't believe the birth was December at all...but I enjoy fun and family and them all being off work...

Emanuel came...that is good enough for me! Yay!

Hugs back at ya! I don't believe it was December either. I found fall to be the case in my studies, but it has been so long ago, that it would take a little doing to support it at this point.

No, I don't observe Christmas. But I don't judge or hold it against anyone either. So a great Christmas back at ya!

Reactions: Pisteuo and pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't believe it was December either. I found fall to be the case in my studies, but it has been so long ago, that it would take a little doing to support it at this point.

Me too, re studying it.
I settled on The Feast Of Tabernacles. = God with us.
= Emanuel, meaning God with us.
So for me the end of September at Tabernacles...my inner man witnesses to that :)

Reactions: Richard_oti

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus did indeed lay down some hard doctrine. I think it was a bit of a shock to thrm as well as them not ubderstanding... Perhaps all they heard was eat my flesh and drink my blood.

When Jesus said, " will you go away also?" have you ever wondered about his demeanor? Was he sweet pea Jesus or hot head Jesus?

Just something to consider.

Reactions: amadeus

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good...which one?
Now I am nervous..what if you hate it? :eek:
Well just tell me and I will refund your money! Promise. x
You better! All of $5...$1 if I had Prime on Amazon. The Divine Romance.
Edwards is the man!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You better! All of $5...$1 if I had Prime on Amazon. The Divine Romance.
Edwards is the man!

:D Good...Please keep me posted on it and let me know if you enjoy it too.
I am holding my breath....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Some of these people who are goads in our sides or even bullies at times may work for the left hand of God. They do have a purpose in His plan, but if they offend it could well be a woe onto them:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matt 18:7
amen, but we have to confront that that cuts both ways, ok; nobody wants to "get challenged" by their perceptions of Oracle, apparently, see. No witness is ever challenged by strangers, yet even so the witness keeps his definition of witness nonetheless, because it serves him to do so

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Passover, ya, only we install a myth for that one too, huh

Okay, I'll buy it.. What are we speaking about now?
Jesus= Emanuel, God with us... didn't come at Passover...how do you get that!!?
download.jpg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
When Jesus said, " will you go away also?" have you ever wondered about his demeanor? Was he sweet pea Jesus or hot head Jesus?
imo He was Jesus presenting a very real possibility to His closest adherents, and the assumption here should be "yes," as the narrative makes clear happened later, right. Yes, they went away also, and this should be embraced for the lesson, not denied for the eventual return that also occurs. Losing your first love is an inevitable part of the progression, see; denying it is not, that is optional

imo

Last edited: