Really need prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello brothers and sisters,
Asking on my own behalf for prayer. After almost 6 years of volunteering at a once beloved place, I've left a week ago. It has changed very much and not for the good. I've only held on staying there because of continually reminding myself that I was there for the clients and that got me through these last couple years. New volunteers have come in and changed the spirit of the whole place, the atmosphere is now toxic and just cannot be around that anymore. This has been my ONLY outlet for all this time and I now find myself once again flailing with zero purpose in life. I have never felt so utterly alone and am sad all the time. It is hard to even drive by the place as it has left a huge whole in my heart and life. So many losses!
I ask that you all pray that God would lead me to where He would have me be, so as to be around others and be His hands and feet for others. It seems that God has been drawing me away from there and I hope and pray that He does have something else.
I can relate to Jeremiah!
Thank you in advance as I know there are some on here who will pray.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Asking on my own behalf for prayer. After almost 6 years of volunteering at a once beloved place, I've left a week ago. It has changed very much and not for the good. I've only held on staying there because of continually reminding myself that I was there for the clients and that got me through these last couple years. New volunteers have come in and changed the spirit of the whole place, the atmosphere is now toxic and just cannot be around that anymore. This has been my ONLY outlet for all this time and I now find myself once again flailing with zero purpose in life. I have never felt so utterly alone and am sad all the time. It is hard to even drive by the place as it has left a huge whole in my heart and life. So many losses!
I ask that you all pray that God would lead me to where He would have me be, so as to be around others and be His hands and feet for others. It seems that God has been drawing me away from there and I hope and pray that He does have something else.
(((Hugs))) Nancy…..
We have to grieve what we let go of, for whatever reason. That grief can Impact like any other loss.
It’s much harder when we see things change , and not for the better………..

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask that you all pray that God would lead me to where He would have me be, so as to be around others and be His hands and feet for others.
Okay, when I saw this I had to close up the laptop and hit the knees on your behalf.

May you feel God's presence during your search. May you find a place to serve and with purpose. May you find a place with other Christians to fellowship with. And may you be encouraged along the way. I ask in Jesus's name. Amen.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy I pray that God fills your with joy, and leads you to other clients who may need your help as well.

I don't know what is it you volunteer but maybe there's another place similar you could volunteer doing the same thing in your area?.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nancy you are always in my prayers. :) May you find an even higher purpose than that which you have ever known. The Lord guide you and direct your steps.

<><

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all so much, I love you all. This means the world to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
@Lambano , taking a knee before the Lord for me really pinged my heart, you're kind, funny and compassionate, I love you bro!
Oh yes @Rita, it is just the same as grieving to me, thanks sister.
Epi, Devin and Beyond, you are awesome and thank you all for caring.
xoxo to you all and may God bless you all greatly.
Nancy

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer touches the heart of God and he is ever aware of the heart felt things we do for others.

He said for us to be servants of God & man not men pleasers. I'm sure your clients have benefited from your love and care and your joy in helping them.

You are in a valley of indecision so I say wait and we will pray with you if you're to be directed elsewhere.

Keep your heart up lifted and don't give this occasion to the enemy. We stand together in agreement and where 2 or 3 are gathered together, he is in our midst.

Praying Dear Sister.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

@Nancy I understand how you must feel and how difficult this decision must have been for you. I will be praying that God opens those doors according to his will and perfect timing, that he sets upon your pathway divine encounters - mighty men and women of God to inspire and help you on this next segment of your journey with our Lord, Christ Jesus. Most of all, I will be praying that God will lead and guide you by the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit, dwelling deep within your innermost being. :pray: Glory! 34y42t5.gif

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer touches the heart of God and he is ever aware of the heart felt things we do for others.

He said for us to be servants of God & man not men pleasers. I'm sure your clients have benefited from your love and care and your joy in helping them.

You are in a valley of indecision so I say wait and we will pray with you if you're to be directed elsewhere.

Keep your heart up lifted and don't give this occasion to the enemy. We stand together in agreement and where 2 or 3 are gathered together, he is in our midst.

Praying Dear Sister.
Praise God, and thank you, thank you, thank you for standing with me sister, and all the rest of you. I so hope and pray that He will put me to His use, there is nothing else I want to do. I will surely miss the clients and will surely be passing them on the main street here. Satan did get a foothold during the first few days of trying to come to terms that I would never enter The Genesis Center again...just another loss and we are used to them so...time to stop with the navel gazing and open my eyes so as to see what He will have in store.
God bless and keep you always.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy I understand how you must feel and how difficult this decision must have been for you. I will be praying that God opens those doors according to his will and perfect timing, that he sets upon your pathway divine encounters - mighty men and women of God to inspire and help you on this next segment of your journey with our Lord, Christ Jesus. Most of all, I will be praying that God will lead and guide you by the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit, dwelling deep within your innermost being. :pray: Glory! View attachment 26920

Sweet Angelina,
I KNEW you would reach out, what a kind heart you have sister. Yes, it was probably the hardest decision to make, even harder than leaving a dysfunctional relationship many years ago. "Next segment"...yes, a brand new thing, a new chapter. Trying to be excited as to what, where and if God has a plan/place for me.
Oh yes, a huge thank you for your last prayer as I really need that to do ANYTHING, lol.
God has blessed me with siblings, and I pray regular with one of my two sisters and one of my brothers is becoming more comfortable with praying with me on the phone...that is a big step for him.
I love you sister and am so very grateful for your prayers.
God bless you abundantly!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Father, thank you that you know all our needs and that you know just how Nancy feels just now. I pray that you will comfort her and give her your peace, that peace that transcends understanding as she lets go of all her grief and anxieties and waits for your guidance to direct her to the place that you want her to be next. Let her just rest in the quiet of you love and be ready for the new challenge when it comes. As people often say, as one door shuts another opens. God bless you Nancy. @Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, thank you that you know all our needs and that you know just how Nancy feels just now. I pray that you will comfort her and give her your peace, that peace that transcends understanding as she lets go of all her grief and anxieties and waits for your guidance to direct her to the place that you want her to be next. Let her just rest in the quiet of you love and be ready for the new challenge when it comes. As people often say, as one door shuts another opens. God bless you Nancy. @Nancy
You guys are all making me cry! I've never felt this kind of love and caring in any church, I really do love you all so much. One of my sisters always says that too "as one door shuts another opens." And how true it is! I really believe God HAS been trying to pull me out of there for over a year now. Should have listened back then but was not certain. I am now certain He does not want me there because of all the negativity, can't stand being around it, it offends me and makes me almost physically sick, took long enough for me to remove my own negativity...
Thank you Pat, my deepest gratitude.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Oh Nancy …I’m so sad to read this ! xx
Here we are so many miles apart …in different cities when we could be together , eating drinking , discussing the meaning of life and the greatness of our God. I’m stuck here, you are stuck there…so sad. ….

yes , praying that now that that door has closed for you , that God open a new door .

God bless, keep and lead you every moment .

….H xx

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Nancy …I’m so sad to read this ! xx
Here we are so many miles apart …in different cities when we could be together , eating drinking , discussing the meaning of life and the greatness of our God. I’m stuck here, you are stuck there…so sad. ….

yes , praying that now that that door has closed for you , that God open a new door .

God bless, keep and lead you every moment .

….H xx
My sweet Helen, man o man how I wish we all lived closer together! Thank you for your continual support, you've been my mentor on here for a long time and you are ALWAYS in my prayers. Thanks so much for yours :balloons: xo