Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intellectual laziness - absolutely. Faith is a poor substitute for Truth. Truth requires diligence, hard work, honest study, and the ability to avoid confirmation bias, as well as to overcome the years of indoctrination so many Christians were subjected to as children. I was one of them. Then at 16 as a school project I was sent to the University library to check out a book and do a report on it. I came upon "Is It God's Word?" by Joseph Wheless - a scholar on the 3 languages you have to know in order to speak intelligently on the bible and its history - Ancient Hebrew, Koine Greek, and Aramaic. That started my education. :cool:
<ignored>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool. Ignore status is the preferred refuge of the deluded Christian, lacking the intellectual honesty to actually study the bible. Your pastor loves it when you come in to tithe. He depends on your gullibility. :vgood:
<ignored>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intellectual laziness - absolutely. Faith is a poor substitute for Truth. Truth requires diligence, hard work, honest study, and the ability to avoid confirmation bias, as well as to overcome the years of indoctrination so many Christians were subjected to as children. I was one of them. Then at 16 as a school project I was sent to the University library to check out a book and do a report on it. I came upon "Is It God's Word?" by Joseph Wheless - a scholar on the 3 languages you have to know in order to speak intelligently on the bible and its history - Ancient Hebrew, Koine Greek, and Aramaic. That started my education. :cool:
<ignored>

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the reasons they deny Jesus is the same reason most, if not all religious churches do.

1. They do not think they need saved
2. Jesus did not fit their perception of what the messiah should be
3. Their misinterpretation of the law.

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All that education, yet Christ said, "verily I say unto you, except you be converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the reasons they deny Jesus is the same reason most, if not all religious churches do.

What is a "religious church"? And why is that bad? Do you prefer an irreligious church?

How about enlightening us, oh wise one?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sadly, your post does not address the actual 6 reasons cited.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a "religious church"? And why is that bad? Do you prefer an irreligious church?

How about enlightening us, oh wise one?
A religious church is one who says they are right by God through religion. Their righteousness and their traditions and their sacrifices

there are many. and no it is not a good thing at all.. They reject christ just as much as the jews did by denying the cross

Reactions: Charlie24

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think any of the 6 had was part of the issue
Then start another thread. Don't hijack this thread.

This thread specifies the 6 reasons the Jews do not believe Jesus was the Messiah. If you want to reach these people today, you have to speak their language, address their concerns. So, what is your response to the 6 items of objection - besides keep changing the subject?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This thread specifies the 6 reasons the Jews do not believe Jesus was the Messiah. If you want to reach these people today, you have to speak their language, address their concerns. So, what is your response to the 6 items of objection - besides keep changing the subject?

Wrangler, every one of the 6 reasons you posted in the OP were a result of unbelief.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler, every one of the 6 reasons you posted in the OP were a result of unbelief.
See post #3.

The starting point of the discussion is that the Jews don't believe. You need to get to the next level of detail. Address the reasons why they don't believe. Can you do that?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A religious church is one who says they are right by God through religion. Their righteousness and their traditions and their sacrifices

there are many. and no it is not a good thing at all.. They reject christ just as much as the jews did by denying the cross
I really get tired of people condemning the body of Christ with their self-righteous judgements, yourself included. You sound more like a Pharisee than a Christian! "There are many" ... who "reject christ [sic] ... "by denying the cross" is total nonsense (and Christ is capitalized). Who are you to judge your brothers and sisters in Christ???

You need to read the parable of the Pharisee and tax collector in Luke 18:9-14, "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other, for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #3.

The starting point of the discussion is that the Jews don't believe. You need to get to the next level of detail. Address the reasons why they don't believe. Can you do that?

I'll be happy to, just give me a few minutes!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This thread specified 6 reasons jews do not believe??

does it??

Hijack your thread? I want to help people. not hurt them.

You wont convince a catholic to repent by trying to show them how wrong they are.

Your not going to get a jew to either

See my reply below..
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
Never heard anyone say this.. Never heard this as an argument as to why Jews do not believe,m or them use this argument
Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.​
Have no idea what this means. the jews returning to Israel today? Not sure this will help a non believein gjew repent
Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.​
again, what is this? The temple was there when Jesus was alive.. Not sure how this is going to convince a jew to repent
Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.​
Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.​
Again, What are you trying to achieve here. do you think you can convince a jew to repent by answering these questions? What jew asks these questions to begin with??
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?
I think we need to get to the root of the issue.

They do not believe

they think it is their religion, their traditions, being a jew and the fact they did nto need a savior. when Christ came he was supposed to free them from the Romans and restore them. Jesus failed.. they reject that he came to save them, because they thought they were saved by their religion and their nationality.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really get tired of people condemning the body of Christ with their self-righteous judgements, yourself included. You sound more like a Pharisee than a Christian! "There are many" ... who "reject christ [sic] ... "by denying the cross" is total nonsense (and Christ is capitalized). Who are you to judge your brothers and sisters in Christ???

You need to read the parable of the Pharisee and tax collector in Luke 18:9-14, "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other, for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”
I get tired of people who will not listen to what people say and acknowledge that there are churches out there that are evil

I did not name any churches, I just stated a fact. if you do not like to hear the truth.. well I am sorry..;

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
All that education, yet Christ said, "verily I say unto you, except you be converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."
Yes, I’m well aware of the church’s strategy of keeping their victims uneducated and childishly gullible . If I was inventing a religion, it’s exactly what I would do - along with insisting that no one can ever see my god…. Not surprising that the church tries to demonize education and critical thinking, since they are losing members in droves in every industrial nation that values intelligence. Go figger.

Reactions: Mr E

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.​
Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.​
Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.​
Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.​
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?
"The Jews reject Jesus" is a blatant, anti-Semitic lie.

1) Jesus was a Jew, as were all His disciples, all His apostles, and all the members of the original church.
2) The entire Bible, New Testament and Old Testament, was written by Jews, with the sole exception of Luke-Acts.
3) There are many Jews, myself included, who have accepted Yeshua as our Savior.

Your "reasons" are all nonsense.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get tired of people who will not listen to what people say and acknowledge that there are churches out there that are evil

I did not name any churches, I just stated a fact. if you do not like to hear the truth.. well I am sorry..;
LOL. There may be some "churches" that are evil, for example, the church of Satan, but that is altogether different from condemning many Christian churches as you have done.

Here is what you wrote...

"They [religious churches] reject christ [uncapitalized!] just as much as the jews did by denying the cross". That is not a fact!

And stop claiming that your judgment of much the body of Christ is "the truth".

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll be happy to, just give me a few minutes!

Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.

I've already discussed that the record of Christs' birth could be found in the temple, and if that record did not exist for the reasons I explained, they could have questioned His many siblings and mother, supposing Joseph had already expired. There is no record in Scripture that they even asked Christ. It was pure unbelief that they did not know or even care.

Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.

Before this could be done, Israel had to accept their Messiah. Again, pure unbelief. The gathering will take place according to Scripture, but only after the whole of Israel accept their Messiah.

Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.

Through unbelief the Jews had no spiritual understanding. They had no idea that when Christ said, "in three days I will rebuild this temple" he was speaking of the believer becoming the temple of the Holy Spirit. Just pure unbelief.

Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.

Again, this could not and will not be completed until Israel accepts Christ, which will come to pass at the Second Coming.

Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.

Impossible until all of Israel comes to Christ, but they seen no need of accepting Christ, in their minds they were already saved. Zechariah plainly states that the sacrifices will be reinstated and the Torah will be accepted by all Jews in the coming Kingdom Age.

Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.

Israel failed in their calling to introduce Christ to the World, they were given the Law to prepare them for their Messiah, but they failed and God turned to the Gentiles. All of this was not accomplished because of the unbelief from the Chosen of God, Israel.

Reactions: marks