Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. There may be some "churches" that are evil, for example, the church of Satan, but that is altogether different from condemning many Christian churches as you have done.

Here is what you wrote...

"They [religious churches] reject christ [uncapitalized!] just as much as the jews did by denying the cross". That is not a fact!

And stop claiming that your judgment of much the body of Christ is "the truth".
The religious churches (according to my definition of religious churches) do reject christ. they replace the cross with their religion and works. Just like Israel did..

Maybe try reading everything I say in the future..

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I’m well aware of the church’s strategy of keeping their victims uneducated and childishly gullible . If I was inventing a religion, it’s exactly what I would do - along with insisting that no one can ever see my god…. Not surprising that the church tries to demonize education and critical thinking, since they are losing members in droves in every industrial nation that values intelligence. Go figger.
Well, thankfully you are not inventing a religion. There is one "true religion": Christianity. More properly, Christians are the body of Christ.

Saying that "the church tries to demonize education and critical thinking" is totally wrong and shows your ignorance. Have you ever heard of Christian universities and seminaries? Are you unaware that there are various theological degrees, including a Doctor of Theology?

There are over 2 billion Christians worldwide, of which approximately 10% live in the US. How does that square with your statement that "they are losing members in droves in every industrial nation that values intelligence". Personally, I am a member of Mensa (top 2% of general intelligence) and Intertel (top 1% of general intelligence) and a sincere, believing Christian. What are your qualifications for your disbelief?

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious churches (according to my definition of religious churches) do reject christ. they replace the cross with their religion and works. Just like Israel did..

Maybe try reading everything I say in the future..
a) That is simply your opinion. There is no factual basis for your statement.
b) Christ should be capitalized. In your false hyper-religious state you should at least know that.
c) Assuming that I don't read everything that you write is nonsense.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) That is simply your opinion. There is no factual basis for your statement.
Yet paul called out the jews for doing the same thing these churches do he even said they are to be anathema
b) Christ should be capitalized. In your false hyper-religious state you should at least know that.
Am I going to hell because I did not capitolise his name?
c) Assuming that I don't read everything that you write is nonsense.
Nonsense.

If you read what I wrote about who I consider a religious church to be. then you would never have responded.. Or you would have responded in error

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I’m well aware of the church’s strategy of keeping their victims uneducated and childishly gullible . If I was inventing a religion, it’s exactly what I would do - along with insisting that no one can ever see my god…. Not surprising that the church tries to demonize education and critical thinking, since they are losing members in droves in every industrial nation that values intelligence. Go figger.

The only difference between an Atheist and and a Believer is the honesty from the heart that recognizes a Supreme Power and that man will be held accountable for his actions. No education required, just the God-given conscience at work.

Education is good, I'm all for it. I dabbled a bit in it myself. But with the understanding I came into this world not by chance, but for a reason.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Jew and a Christian. I have accepted the Jewish Yeshua as my Savior, as have many other Jews. The first Christians were all Jews and the entire Bible was written by Jews (with one exception: Luke-Acts).

Your anti-Semitism is contrary to God's truth!
I don’t believe she is speaking of Jews in general, rather apostate Israel? @VictoryinJesus ?

Reactions: APAK

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saved? Then you met a Jew.

His Name is Jesus..

Ive met lot of Jews, as my home is in Israel.

Only a few basic types..

Hyper Religious OT Fanatics that live and die in Moses's Law , and if you drive a car on a street from 3pm Friday, till 6p on Saturday, near the "old City".... in Jerusalem, hundreds of these "black coats" will surround your car, screaming....spit flying...."shabbat, shabbat" !!!!. (Sabbath).
You dont want to be that one.

Then, you have the rest. Most are just mildly agnostic secularized, same as you find with Americans or Australians or Germans, or Brits.
Everyone has a nice car, everyone has a big screen TV, an Ipad and Iphone, and Jews love to be outside with their family.
Love the BEACH.

There are Messianic Jews also, who love Jesus.

What is Israel like?
Its very much like the USA, its very democratic.....but, there is a vocal part of the population that is "Moses Law Fanatical".
Well, the law was given by Moses but Grace and truth came by Jesus!

Reactions: Mr E

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then start another thread. Don't hijack this thread.

This thread specifies the 6 reasons the Jews do not believe Jesus was the Messiah. If you want to reach these people today, you have to speak their language, address their concerns. So, what is your response to the 6 items of objection - besides keep changing the subject?
Could be they hated for the same reason all of their fathers hated the prophet, they were all saying the same things. That they were liars assigning to God what wasn’t from Him.

Hated them to the point of murder. And even biting.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
the reasons they deny Jesus is the same reason most, if not all religious churches do.

1. They do not think they need saved
2. Jesus did not fit their perception of what the messiah should be
3. Their misinterpretation of the law.
So your position is that the Jews responsible for WRITING the Law and the Messianic verses that reveal the attributes of the Messiah - have misinterpreted the Law they wrote..... Ok.
But here in the rational world, the Jews that wrote the OT told us precisely how we would recognize the Messiah. And again, those attributes do not include a virgin birth, a crucifixion, a resurrection, or any divine attributes. This is precisely why he was rejected. Making up any other reason reveals either ignorance or dishonesty.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.​
Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.​
Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.​
Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.​
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?
There are more compelling reasons as well:

The Messiah is to be fully human - not divine. So no virgin birth either. This is precisely why the Jews rejected him as soon as divinity was claimed for him.
The Messiah is to bring ALL people under Judaism.
The Messiah will be a great political leader and judge.

These attributes and more - unfulfilled by Jesus or any other claimant - are why virtually all Jews, (except for a fringe group of Jews for Jesus) are still waiting for their prophesied Messiah.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to be honest. I am not sure what you were trying to achieve.. I do not think any of the 6 had was part of the issue.. the issue was unbelief.. Jesus himself said, You do not see because you do not believe (john 6)
Yes, and that people don't come to the light because their works are evil, and they don't want to be exposed. Though people use many excuses.

Much love!

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Well, thankfully you are not inventing a religion. There is one "true religion": Christianity. More properly, Christians are the body of Christ.

Saying that "the church tries to demonize education and critical thinking" is totally wrong and shows your ignorance. Have you ever heard of Christian universities and seminaries? Are you unaware that there are various theological degrees, including a Doctor of Theology?

There are over 2 billion Christians worldwide, of which approximately 10% live in the US. How does that square with your statement that "they are losing members in droves in every industrial nation that values intelligence". Personally, I am a member of Mensa (top 2% of general intelligence) and Intertel (top 1% of general intelligence) and a sincere, believing Christian. What are your qualifications for your disbelief?

So.... when you pompously claimed to put me on ignore - were you lying, or just confused? :contemplate:

"One true religion..." That's exactly the same claim every religion makes, including your sister religion of education haters - Islam. Your claim is vacuous.

Do you mean the 'Universities' started by Christians that are now so dominated by secular intellect that your religion is frantically trying to muzzle that nasty critical thinking they teach? Ok....

And seminaries - as confirmed by attendees like Bart Ehrman and others - know full well the frauds committed in the NT, but teach them as Truth anyway. What kind of religion has to lie...and so badly and obviously.... in order to capture adherents?

Degrees based on lies are useless to me, no matter how impressed you are by them.

Are you really ignorant of the data showing the Christians who have left their churches in the US?? When I started studying the bible and its history, some 90% of Americans claimed to be Christian. Today, its down to around 70%. I would think a self-proclaimed Mensa member would understand that 70% is a dramatic decline from 90%.

I don't doubt your sincerity - it's simply a poor substitute for comprehension and knowledge. I have used the scriptures themselves to expose the fraud of the NT authors in claiming Jesus as the Messiah. Every Jewish rabbi and scholar - and in fact most Christian scholars - know that I am right. And yet here we are, with still some 2 billion lemmings that have not bothered to honestly study scripture - blindly following the biggest 3 Card Monty scam in history. It's really quite impressive how easy it has been to control those shackled by both the abject fear of Hell (to be sent there by a "good and loving god, for whom not a sparrow could fall without its anxious concern") and the narcotic lust for the Bribe of Heaven.

I think you'd be better served to put me back on ignore. You don't appear to have enough game to engage me. :disappointed:

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The only difference between an Atheist and and a Believer is the honesty from the heart that recognizes a Supreme Power and that man will be held accountable for his actions. No education required, just the God-given conscience at work.

Education is good, I'm all for it. I dabbled a bit in it myself. But with the understanding I came into this world not by chance, but for a reason.
No god is required for men of good conscience to be moral agents. The evidence is shown by the fact that we do not see Christians living any better or moral lives than any other group. In fact, quite the opposite. Our prisons are filled with Christians. Child molesters are expected in the clergy - and those in education are..... yep, mostly Christians. When Atheist represent some 10% of our population and yet only 0.10% of our prisoners - it's pretty compelling evidence of which group lives a more moral life.

Christianity suffers from the dilemma of not being able to claim a moral high ground. If you only do good either for the bribe of heaven or to avoid the threat of hell, it's laughable to claim you are more moral than that nasty Atheist or Humanist who does good simply because they believe it is the right way to live.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I am a Jew and a Christian. I have accepted the Jewish Yeshua as my Savior, as have many other Jews. The first Christians were all Jews and the entire Bible was written by Jews (with one exception: Luke-Acts).

Your anti-Semitism is contrary to God's truth!
First, you have no idea who wrote all the books of the NT and whether they were Jews or not.

So, do you find the virulent antisemitism by the author of John to be 'contrary to gods truth'? John is the book relied on by the antisemitic Catholic cult of Mel Gibson and his father to justify their contempt for the Jews. It's the author of John that says the Jews killed Jesus - providing the fodder for Hitler and making it easy for him to get 35 million German Christians to agree to the Holocaust.
And please don't say 'many other Jews'. Out of some 15 million Jews, there are only some 350,000 that have rejected their religion. (Gee, if we should heed the words of people that reject the religion they were born into, I guess we should heed the Atheist as well.... ) Anyway, that's less than 3% - you're a fringe group.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No god is required for men of good conscience to be moral agents. The evidence is shown by the fact that we do not see Christians living any better or moral lives than any other group. In fact, quite the opposite. Our prisons are filled with Christians. Child molesters are expected in the clergy - and those in education are..... yep, mostly Christians. When Atheist represent some 10% of our population and yet only 0.10% of our prisoners - it's pretty compelling evidence of which group lives a more moral life.

Christianity suffers from the dilemma of not being able to claim a moral high ground. If you only do good either for the bribe of heaven or to avoid the threat of hell, it's laughable to claim you are more moral than that nasty Atheist or Humanist who does good simply because they believe it is the right way to live.

It stands to reason what you're saying is true. Christ said, " strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

These are the true born-again Christians, and they are precious few.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
It stands to reason what you're saying is true. Christ said, " strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

These are the true born-again Christians, and they are precious few.
And still, despite this No True Scotsman fallacy - 2 billion Christians all claim to be going to heaven…..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your position is that the Jews responsible for WRITING the Law and the Messianic verses that reveal the attributes of the Messiah - have misinterpreted the Law they wrote..... Ok.
But here in the rational world, the Jews that wrote the OT told us precisely how we would recognize the Messiah. And again, those attributes do not include a virgin birth, a crucifixion, a resurrection, or any divine attributes. This is precisely why he was rejected. Making up any other reason reveals either ignorance or dishonesty.
we are talking about the jews who CRUCIFIED christ in unbelief.