Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I understand it is a common belief and to support your side of the discussion it is not without biblical support.

And sola scriptura has several problems because with all the contradictory scriptures they have a religion of tap dancing to try to harmonize the scriptures.....To make this clear I am saying this to you with tongue in cheek and humor....you have your tap dancing shoes on? You must hate your father and mother to be a disciple of Christ and Christ said “Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Do you want some background music with that?

The problem is that the preexisting Christ and Christ as Almighty and the Creator God does not fly with the Bible as a whole.
Just click on my profile-content-and posts and links on proving the preexistence of Christ-as for your sarcasm, that just show me of what "steel" you are made of.
I'm here to give God the Father and our Lord Christ Jesus all the glory and highest eulogy-nothing of the ego eimi/self.
If you are not here to learn, as I do, what on earth are you doing here-baiting?
Johann.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just click on my profile-content-and posts and links on proving the preexistence of Christ-as for your sarcasm, that just show me of what "steel" you are made of.
I'm here to give God the Father and our Lord Christ Jesus all the glory and highest eulogy-nothing of the ego eimi/self.
If you are not here to learn, as I do, what on earth are you doing here-baiting?
Johann.

Do you mean- If he doesn’t agree with you, what is he doing here?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Jim B

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have answered you-I care little if you or him agree with me or not.
So what's not true?
Johann.

:tearsofjoy:

I’m here to learn…… just click on my posts and links… read all, listen to every 2-hour long video presentation, read every boring post as well as every linked commentary and I’ll prove how much I’m here to learn. As Joe Biden would say….

• Love
Reactions: Waiting on him

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
:tearsofjoy:

I’m here to learn…… just click on my posts and links… read all, listen to every 2-hour long video presentation, read every boring post as well as every linked commentary and I’ll prove how much I’m here to learn. As Joe Biden would say….
On ignore you go @Mr E don't have time for jokers like you.
Johann.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you I was doing that for humor....so no more humor for you....Lets get serious!
Most of us here are to give God the Father and our Lord Christ Jesus all the glory and highest eulogy-nothing of the ego eimi/self.

Lets see I was schooled in a Christian school and went to a Christian College and then went on to other colleges until about five years ago...about 54 years of formal education in five countries....Is that ego, no that is facts, if I lied about it that would be a sin. False modesty is a lie and a sin.

The preexistent Christ beliefs I have fully explored and debated. But still I try to be patient with people. I am a theologian but I am tolerant to differing beliefs and go to and fellowship with the Baptists, the Lutherans, the Pentecosts, the Catholics, the Glad Tidings Assembly of God, the Mormons, the Moravian Church and nearly a dozen non-denominational churches and I have had Jewish friends from the time I was a kid. Small churches and large churches. Admittedly I am partial to Holy Ghost churches.

If you believe in the preexisting Christ thing I am not going to condemn you. But like every Christian out there, you deserve to know the truth, if you reject it....that is between you and God. No harm, no foal. That is why my ministry has no stress.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By policy and intent, this board isn’t set up for the purpose of changing minds
What the soul intent of spreading the Gospel? Isn't that supposed to change minds and hearts, leading one ultimately to a spiritual change?
The Bible is filled with dos and don'ts, in irder5 that we follow a righteous path and renew our minds.
A time frame question. About how long would you say that it takes people to make such a dramatic change about what they believe concerning God?
God draws a person to Himself. He orchestrates events and people to come into their lives, witnesses, ministers, family, friends, whatever it takes for that person to receive the Gospel. Some are receptive and receive it early in life and maybe were fortunate enough to be raised with it. I didn't become a Christian until age 35. With my parents, it took their entire lives into their 80's. So it varies. God lifts the veil of blindness in due time.
I’m adamant about being an Ante-Nicene Christian. I’m not adamant about being an anti-Nicene Christian. Do you understand the difference?
Ante: before, infront of
Anti: against.
The implication of being Ante-Nicine is another way of saying that you do not accept the doctrines organized ( not established or created) at the Council of Nicaea, you're against them. What about Christian Theology established after that up to the present? Is any of that valuable?
My point was, the truth was written before that Council - it just may not have been clearly understood. To me, it is just a summation of Christian truth organized. Doctrines that might take a lifetime for common uneducated people to get it is layed out for them, a guide, a statement of faith. What's wrong with that? In all our beginning walks, we needed a Pastor/priest to guide and explain things to us. They know the Bible better than we do. Ultimately we don't need a teacher, we have the Holy Spirit - well, not everyone.
I think today, given thousands of years of study, thought, scholarly books and commentaries, having the Word preached everywhere, TV, radio, our knowledge in general has increased. We understand the Bible far beyond the common folk back then.
The book of John presents Jesus as deity. I came to understand that apart from any council's declaration in 325AD. The scriptures beginning with "I am ..." testify to that.
Just curious. Do you think this is the first time I’ve heard this from anyone?
I don't think you know what Jesus meant when He said, "I am the way, the truth and the life". You might have heard it. People might have explained it to you, but you don't have the depth of underatanding; AND btw, I think many had that understanding prior to 325AD. All the disciples understood who Jesus was, even doubting Thomas.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What the soul intent of spreading the Gospel? Isn't that supposed to change minds and hearts, leading one ultimately to a spiritual change?
The Bible is filled with dos and don'ts, in irder5 that we follow a righteous path and renew our minds.

God draws a person to Himself. He orchestrates events and people to come into their lives, witnesses, ministers, family, friends, whatever it takes for that person to receive the Gospel. Some are receptive and receive it early in life and maybe were fortunate enough to be raised with it. I didn't become a Christian until age 35. With my parents, it took their entire lives into their 80's. So it varies. God lifts the veil of blindness in due time.

Ante: before, infront of
Anti: against.
The implication of being Ante-Nicine is another way of saying that you do not accept the doctrines organized ( not established or created) at the Council of Nicaea, you're against them. What about Christian Theology established after that up to the present? Is any of that valuable?
My point was, the truth was written before that Council - it just may not have been clearly understood. To me, it is just a summation of Christian truth organized. Doctrines that might take a lifetime for common uneducated people to get it is layed out for them, a guide, a statement of faith. What's wrong with that? In all our beginning walks, we needed a Pastor/priest to guide and explain things to us. They know the Bible better than we do. Ultimately we don't need a teacher, we have the Holy Spirit - well, not everyone.
I think today, given thousands of years of study, thought, scholarly books and commentaries, having the Word preached everywhere, TV, radio, our knowledge in general has increased. We understand the Bible far beyond the common folk back then.
The book of John presents Jesus as deity. I came to understand that apart from any council's declaration in 325AD. The scriptures beginning with "I am ..." testify to that.

I don't think you know what Jesus meant when He said, "I am the way, the truth and the life". You might have heard it. People might have explained it to you, but you don't have the depth of underatanding; AND btw, I think many had that understanding prior to 325AD. All the disciples understood who Jesus was, even doubting Thomas.

What about the most important question I asked you in post #849 -

Are you open to change what you believe?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you I was doing that for humor....so no more humor for you....Lets get serious!

Most of us here are to give God the Father and our Lord Christ Jesus all the glory and highest eulogy-nothing of the ego eimi/self.

Lets see I was schooled in a Christian school and went to a Christian College and then went on to other colleges until about five years ago...about 54 years of formal education in five countries....Is that ego, no that is facts, if I lied about it that would be a sin. False modesty is a lie and a sin.

The preexistent Christ beliefs I have fully explored and debated. But still I try to be patient with people. I am a theologian but I am tolerant to differing beliefs and go to and fellowship with the Baptists, the Lutherans, the Pentecosts, the Catholics, the Glad Tidings Assembly of God, the Mormons, the Moravian Church and nearly a dozen non-denominational churches and I have had Jewish friends from the time I was a kid. Small churches and large churches. Admittedly I am partial to Holy Ghost churches.

If you believe in the preexisting Christ thing I am not going to condemn you. But like every Christian out there, you deserve to know the truth, if you reject it....that is between you and God. No harm, no foal. That is why my ministry has no stress.

Wow! 54 years of formal education. That's a lot to overcome.

I wish you the best.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jews and Jesus, himself a Jew.

The God of the Jews, including Jesus -> the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He probably has more degrees than a thermometer
Hello there WOH Salutations.
Hope things are going well with you.

I count 54 years of formal education in five countries. God gave me that opportunity and the talents.
But that is not all class room instruction. I got my Masters but a lot of that is short course, correspondence courses, and seminars.
Christianity is not only my religion but it is also my hobby.....which makes learning fun.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A reason Jews reject Jesus -> a fellow Jew has been portrayed to them as something other than the messiah, the son of the living God.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't go by creeds-where was Jesus BEFORE He became something He was not before-in the likeness of man?

Php_2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Simple question, right?
Johann.
So you are hanging your belief by a hair's thread, one of several I imagine, on vague and non-contextual meanings; for who and what is the nature of Christ. You believe Christ is a a deity because of the rough Greek to English translated expression used in Php 2:7, the 'likeness of men.' Quite a desperate move, as also by many as yourself.

And then to mean he was NOT REALLY a man, or was only something LIKE a form of man. I thought Paul already said he was in the form of God although not being GOd himself as most scholars of diverse opinions would agree on. So do you think then Paul is speaking in riddles here and is saying that Jesus is both in a form of God and also in the form of an ordinary man?!!

You are walking on dangerous mental ground here. I would not stake my life on it if I were you.

Notice first in Philippians 2:7 that Christ was MADE, or begotten, into a (likeness) human being, He was NOT unmade or 'poof ' he, being a mysterious invisible god being just jumped into a human egg, zygote, baby at the right time. It does not mean he was made to, or FORCED to be in the likeness of a man either, as for a god into a man, or god-man as the Greek culture and religion would totally agree with you on.

He was made or created 'from scratch' as any man and resembled any common man. Jesus throughout his time on earth called himself a man many, many times. He never said I'm God or really a god who made himself a common human being, now did he?

And Christ had to be just like a common ordinary man because only a real man could become truly a lowly human servant. A god could never become a servant to anyone or thing. Do you get this point as well?

Great weekend.......APAK

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the most important question I asked you in post #849 -

Are you open to change what you believe?
Not about the fundamentals/essentials of the Christian faith. As far as the non-essentials, things we see dimly, of course. To me, we can be certain of some things, hold onto to them and other things take time to understand. God gives us truth in bits and pieces, gradually. Some truth we are not ready to receive and must experienc things and mature before He enlightens us.
For instance, Eschatology is one of those uncertain fields. There are many views and so though I have settled on one, over a process of seeking the truth for 32 years and sifting through them, it required openness to change.
The Millennial Kingdom is a non-essential doctrine that I am convinced will take place and won't budge on that.
Eternal damnation always rubbed me wrong, so I delved into an exhaustive study on that which led me to write a book. We must be open for change initially as the Holy Spirit teaches us. But truth (reality) is absolute. Once you get it, it remains firmly in place. It doesn't get tossed around to and fro by a storm or a nuance or deception.
The Diety of Christ - I won't budge on, I know Him.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not about the fundamentals/essentials of the Christian faith. As far as the non-essentials, things we see dimly, of course. To me, we can be certain of some things, hold onto to them and other things take time to understand. God gives us truth in bits and pieces, gradually. Some truth we are not ready to receive and must experienc things and mature before He enlightens us.
For instance, Eschatology is one of those uncertain fields. There are many views and so though I have settled on one, over a process of seeking the truth for 32 years and sifting through them, it required openness to change.
The Millennial Kingdom is a non-essential doctrine that I am convinced will take place and won't budge on that.
Eternal domination always rubbed me wrong, so I delved into an exhaustive study on that which led me to write a book. We must be open for change initially as the Holy Spirit teaches us. But truth (reality) is absolute. Once you get it, it remains firmly in place. It doesn't get tossed around to and fro by a storm or a nuance or deception.
The Diety of Christ - I won't budge on, I know Him.

Thanks.

I know him and his God.