Recanting Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I recant my Catholicism.

I am now purely Christian. Loyal only
To Scripture. To the Word.

Mike.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tell me about you experience mcorba.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must mean "Roman' catholicism. Catholic simply means universal as in universal church. 'Roman' Catholicism is therefore an oxymoron.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
At one time I would have rejoiced over this. But now I weep because there is so much denominationalism, heresy, false doctrine, division in the body of Christ. Is this what Jesus died for?

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Welcome to the light brother ! :) Now when people ask you about the molestations you can be like that's not me man.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The Catholic church:

- Says that if a priest blesses bread and wine, it becomes the ACTUAL body and blood of Jesus. This although actual tests show this does not happen and the Bible says Jesus died for our sins once and for all.

- Says that you can pray to dead people in order to curry favor with God. This although Jesus Himself says that he is our intercessor with the Father, sits at the right hand of the father, loved us enough to be tortured and die for us, and loves us more than anyone alive or who has ever lived.

- Teaches that if you die in your sins you will go to "Purgatory" and still have a chance to make it to heaven. This although the Bible states that a person is appointed to die once and then to be judged (Heb. 9:27)

- Teaches that if you wear a necklace called a Scapular, that when you die you will not "suffer eternal fire."

The adherence to Catholic doctrine actually hinders your walk with Christ, not enhances it.

I grew up Catholic. Baptism, Confirmation, Altar Boy, years of Catholic School.

I am now free.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I too would be interesting in hearing the reasoning why you are recanting Catholicism.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well there are so many factors in my journey over the last 3 years really, I dont know where to start.
Many of the reasons are mentioned above, I feel it is hindering me on my journey - I need to feel more confident
in the Church I attend, and so many details concerning the Roman Church's past involvements, history and policy
making seems at variance with a clear view of Christ worship.
I especially have issue with Papal infallability and their political influence as well as the idea of Vicar of Christ.
M

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
There is only the Catholic Church and there is no other.

Protestants are only protesting Catholics,
Why because they know no any better, because they are blinded by nonsense dished up to them and that is a fact. and if you are bothered to look into it all, it just adds up to just a slandering foolish load of trash.

I was brought up as a protestant and had faith in what i was told by them and was so angry at the cats that i went looking in to it all to try to sort them out, in what i thought i seen it to be.

You will find Protestants doctrine lacking in depth and very shallow, and to me now it's a disgrace full of deception. they have truth but but it's shallow and they are not into things in depth and this is what most people find to their liking. when talking to prots pastors they like to close doors on you and say don't go looking we have it all.

i am not a roman catholic and i will not bother to be united with that lot because i believe if you are a poo jabber or a pedophile you are out ! and i will not stand for that at all and anyone who turns a blind eye to that stuff is guilty of a grave sin.
And most RC do not know jack about there true faith and go on with a load of rubbish.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Interesting. Sounds like a step forward :)

Better yet than looking for 'a good church to attend' is looking for real brothers to commit to, and go all the way!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, go with Christ, Mcorba.

I have found everything I have longed for in the Catholic faith, but I also see Christ elsewhere, and know that following Him wherever He leads you is the right thing to do.

blessings!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am now purely Christian. Loyal only
To Scripture. To the Word.

Mike.

That actually sums up the main difference. Although Church tradition is not wrong in and of itself (even the Prots have their traditions and even liturgies!). the bottom line is what do you do when Church dogma/tradition contradicts rather than supplements Scripture. The Prots (are supposed to ) go with Scripture as the higher authority whereas Rome's sides with the Pope, the Councils and it's Church practice.