Recipes?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
Something walking4Him said about cooking channels got me thinking about food. And I'm sitting here at work, with no food, so I thought I'd think more about food! This is the random forum section, so I figured...why not ask people what some of their favorite recipes are? I always seem to find that cookbooks call for all sorts of crazy things that I have to go out and get...I want recipes that use what's already in my cupboard or fridge!
smile.gif
Anyway, I'm pretty lazy usually when it comes to cooking, and usually just throw some meat with some seasonings on my grill. I love my grill. Fish, steak, chicken, pork...all sorts of things. One thing my old roommate taught me to do was take zucchini and summer squash, cut them lengthwise into strips, dip them in olive oil and garlic salt, and cook them on the grill on medium heat until they are soft (not squishy!) I think it's delicious. So...what are some things you like to make?

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
Well I'm at work still and then have classes tonight. I'll remember to post some of my fav recipes later this week. I can't make promise since I have finals next week. remind me and I'll put some up. Maybe someone should make a section since some are vegetarians and have different diets. I'm not a vegetarian but I've had some meals that were great.

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
I love meat
biggrin.gif
Well, heck, I love food
biggrin.gif
What level of education are you in, and what are you studying? I'm starting medical school in the Fall. Can't wait for good old classes, midterms and finals again!

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
Very cool.We are often short on money and need to stretch our dollar, so potatoes are our friend! Often we'll make a potato soup that is delicious. We cook up some bacon or sausage, boil a big pot of potatoes, drain most of the water and replace two thirds of it with milk. Mash the potatoes up, add some chopped onion and the meat (if there's grease and you don't mind it, it often adds some delicious flavor if you pour it in too!) And there you go, a fairly cheap but very filling meal. Make sure you eat some veggies!

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
Aww come on...no one else? No Christian recipes, or just ideas for meals? I love making Chili and corn bread. Mmmm...I put the little cake sugar sprinkles on the top of the cornbread before I put it in the oven...kinda weird but it's sweet and yummy!I love making white fish REALLY lemon-y. Just soak it in lemon juice and lemon pepper for half hour on each side...throw it on the grill while constantly dripping the lemon juice mixture over it. Especially good with catfish. Really tart!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I love to cook and eat..My most recent recipe on the grill is grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon. Not good for a low budget..but yummy for the tummyBacon ShrimpRaw shrimp (pealed)Bacon (cut in thirds and most the fat cut off)Wrap bacon around shrimp and secure with a toothpick.1 Stick of butterRed pepper flakesChili powderGarlic powderSalt and pepperMelt butter add the rest. Brush or marinate shrimp in sauce, broil or grill until bacon is done (about 10-15 minutes). You can shake the spices on the shrimp if you like them spicy.

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
Awesome, that sounds delicious! When I have my MD and therefore money, I'll have to try it out!
wink.gif
My wife makes this fantastic lemon salmon (it's actually what hooked me in to date her in the first place haha!) She coats it in butter (well actually vegetable oil spread, but we call that butter), and dashes it with lots of lemon pepper and wraps it in aluminum foil with lemon juice. Cooks it in the oven on 350 till it's done (not sure how long). The secret, is she makes this delicious lemon butter to dip it in, with melted butter and lemon juice. So delicious. That, combined with rosemary red potatoes, asparagus and Martinelli's Sparkling Cider on a picnic blanket under the stars, was our first real date...and now we're married!
biggrin.gif

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(medicalmatt;48110)
Awesome, that sounds delicious! When I have my MD and therefore money, I'll have to try it out!
wink.gif
My wife makes this fantastic lemon salmon (it's actually what hooked me in to date her in the first place haha!) She coats it in butter (well actually vegetable oil spread, but we call that butter), and dashes it with lots of lemon pepper and wraps it in aluminum foil with lemon juice. Cooks it in the oven on 350 till it's done (not sure how long). The secret, is she makes this delicious lemon butter to dip it in, with melted butter and lemon juice. So delicious. That, combined with rosemary red potatoes, asparagus and Martinelli's Sparkling Cider on a picnic blanket under the stars, was our first real date...and now we're married!
biggrin.gif

Does she go to Costco to get the salmon? (thats the only place around here where they have good salmon).