Reflections on the election and pandemic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know I am a new kid on the block as far as these forums go... and I also realize that these last weeks have been very tense for those who live in the United States. However... between the election thread and the covid conspiracy threads... I am absolutely astonished with how some have been talking to each other... and YES... I am well aware that I am NOT the boss of the forums... nor do I have the right to tell people how to behave.... but... JESUS does.... SCRIPTURE DOES.

At the end of the day... no matter what our opinions... we are still CHRISTIANS... and we are accountable for how we speak to others... whether we want to believe that or not.

The election is OVER.... the president is exercising his right to pursue all legal avenues to challenge the results... and time will tell how it all turns out.

As far as covid goes.... there are so many people who are working tirelessly to care for the sick and save people's lives... and in light of that...I think it is VERY disrespectful to be shouting out claims that this pandemic is FAKE... I cringe every time I hear someone declare that this is a SCAMDEMIC... because whatever this is.... it IS affecting the world over...people are suffering... and many are dying.

God is still ON THE THRONE... and HIS WILL is being accomplished... every second of every day. Surely He is able to handle ONE election gone wrong... and ONE pandemic.

Someone started a thread... asking for people to pray for the church... WE ARE THE CHURCH!

Is it not time for us to place our swords down?? Humble ourselves?? Repent for our grumblings and the strife we have caused?? and come before OUR GOD in PRAYER?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it not time for us to place our swords down?? Humble ourselves?? Repent for our grumblings and the strife we have caused?? and come before OUR GOD in PRAYER?

Oh?
So you wanna fight about that?

Come on...puttem up.

LOL.

There's a different thread called "Blessed are the Peacemakers" where this discussion has been had.

But welcome to the party

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's a different thread called "Blessed are the Peacemakers" where this discussion has been had.

But welcome to the party

I did read that thread... I did not think about it when I was writing this... and I don't mean to repeat what has already been said...
It was simply what was on my heart this morning... and after reading the thread about praying for the church... this is what came from my heart.

Bless you John...

Reactions: JohnDB