Religion is about what WE do.True Christianity is about what CHRIST has already done.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul says that 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord' (2 Cor. 5:8).
It's that simple: If you're a Christian and you aren't in your body then you are with Jesus in heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------

Fine.
It's ok, you disagree.

You don't disagree with me. You disagree with Paul.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Doesn't it even mention a 3rd. Heaven ? Also Jesus made it clear that there are many 'sides' to this place..." In My Fathers house there are many rooms", is but one example......Wonder what they do believe then ?

What Jesus is talking about are positions of authority that is being prepared for His brothers and sisters in the City that God is preparing, that will be brought down from Heaven to the Earth.

Revelation 21:10 (ASV)
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,

You can read a description of the City here in Revelation 21:12-27.

It is God who will come and dwell on the Earth with His people, and not them going to Heaven to dwell with Him.

Revelation 21:3 (ASV)
3 And I heard a great voice out of the throne saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he shall dwell with them, and they shall be his peoples, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Charity trumps faith, without charity the soul is dead.
In the next life faith and hope will cease, but charity never.
Charity is about love thy neighbor as thy self.
Charity is not humanitarianism.
1 Cor 13:13 So there abide faith, hop, and charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

And loving one's neighbor is not about feelings in one's heart. It actually means doing good in one's community, just like what Jesus did.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Paul says that 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord' (2 Cor. 5:8).
It's that simple: If you're a Christian and you aren't in your body then you are with Jesus in heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------

Fine.
It's ok, you disagree.

You don't disagree with me. You disagree with Paul.

Are you saying that Paul is saying that there are people who are alive in Heaven? And if that is what you believe Paul is saying, then what is the purpose for the resurrection from the dead?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you saying that Paul is saying that there are people who are alive in Heaven?

I quoted Paul.
They were not my words:
Absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

I.o.w. Eternal life with Christ, in heaven.

“We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body (that is, separated from the body by death) and at home with the Lord’ (2 Corinthians 5:8, emphasis added).

These are the words of a man who believed that heaven would begin at the moment of his death.

So, If you have a problem with this, you have a problem with Paul.

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I quoted Paul.
They were not my words.

You quote Paul, but you are implying something that he didn't say. Jesus said no man has assended into Heaven.

John 3:13 (KJV)
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Possibly Luke wrote the book of Acts and said simular to what Jesus said.

Acts 2:29 (CSBBible)
29 "Brothers and sisters, I can confidently speak to you about the patriarch David: He is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.

So what you think Paul is saying, is not what he is saying. Many of Paul's writtings were difficult to understand by some, and they end up twisting his words as well as the other scriptures.

2 Peter 3:15-16 (CSBBible)
15 Also, regard the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our dear brother Paul has written to you according to the wisdom given to him.
16 He speaks about these things in all his letters. There are some matters that are hard to understand. The untaught and unstable will twist them to their own destruction, as they also do with the rest of the Scriptures.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And loving one's neighbor is not about feelings in one's heart. It actually means doing good in one's community, just like what Jesus did.
You must do such to be a Christian or your faith is of no worth.

Marry said let it be done unto me, now if she did not do as such, we would not of had Jesus now would we.

With faith comes actions.

Blind faith is a worthless act.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
You must do such to be a Christian or your faith is of no worth.

Marry said let it be done unto me, now if she did not do as such, we would not of had Jesus now would we.

With faith comes actions.

Blind faith is a worthless act.

God could simply find someone else if she didn't. God could use anyone or anything if He needed to.

Luke 19:32-40 (KJV)
32 And they that were sent went their way, and found even as he had said unto them.
33 And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt?
34 And they said, The Lord hath need of him.
35 And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.
36 And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way.
37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

If God could raise up children of Abraham from stones, then He could also raise up a stone from the ground and use that to birth His Son.

Matthew 3:7-9 (KJV)
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Thanks for your reply....I had never heard this before....

Thanks for recieving it. There's a lot of things that is written in the Bible, but is never mentioned in the Churches. This is one of several reasons why I do my own personal Bible studies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So I assume you know that to follow Jesus is not just to believe in Him, but to do what He did.....
"one going in the same way"
To follow Jesus is to do teh will of the father as He did, not run around doing your own thing than expecting Him to bless it,

Reactions: pia

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
To follow Jesus is to do teh will of the father as He did, not run around doing your own thing than expecting Him to bless it,

If one is following what Jesus did, then there is no way one would be doing their own things as you call it. It's the will of the Father for God's people to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Every child of God has his or her own ministry to attend to.....so one person's ministry is not necessarily the other person's ministry. But nevertheless, one must be doing something.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Yep believing, walking in Faith, and loving others teh best we can so people can get some glimpse of Christ.

It's not just those things. Jesus said in some of His parables if one is not using the gifts/tallents they were given, the person will not enter the kingdom of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not just those things. Jesus said in some of His parables if one is not using the gifts/tallents they were given, the person will not enter the kingdom of God.
Yes like so many its all about works, teh flesh, forget what Christ has done lets boast of our own.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Yes like so many its all about works, teh flesh, forget what Christ has done lets boast of our own.

I wasn't giving you my opinion.....I was telling you what Jesus required.

The difference between the profitable servants and the wicked and lasy servant.

Matthew 25:14-30 (KJV)
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The wicked and lasy servant lost out because he did nothing with what he was given. Lasy people always want a free ride. One's reward will be based on doing good works.....no good works, no reward and no reward, you will not be in the kingdom of God....period.