Religious Liberty!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would not have mattered is wescott or hort had appeared even at the beginning of said churches or even in the year two thousand and twenty one
What they believed , what they followed and what they had taught proves they false . And when i say false
i dont mean they taught something small that was in error , THEY LIVED as worse as i once did . THEY FALSE . THEY wanted
to change the original version to suit their own perditional thoughts . PS i have no idea if even the word perditional exists .
I know perdition does . But i think A FEW folks will at least understand what i meant by PERDITIONAL.
But in case none does let me give us the definition of my invented word .
Perditional . One who taught or teaches views that lead not to salvation , not to Christ but rather to PERDITION , rather too anti christ
and the spirit of anti christ .

i love yur sense of humour wit the tipos and made up words.... I was cracking up reading it. :Laughingoutloud:

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no man , woman or child trust in wescott or hort . THEY were dangerous and deadly men .
They were filled full of carnal wisdom and intellect , but so is satan . The whole rightly divided truth was NOT upon their hearts .
Thus my advice is trust not in their translations either .
Would any man trust a new version of the bible if it was wrote and given by satan . SO THEN WHY TRUST in his men .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I repeat (for the nth time): Jesus only called one person (other than Satan) "Satan". Peter! He also called him a stumbling block and said he had the thoughts of men in mind, not God's thoughts. Peter also denied Jesus three times! That is the guy on whom your denomination is built. Try joining the rest of us, who build our faith on Jesus Christ, not on some fallible Christ-denier.
Peter did fail Christ three times . BUT later repented . HIs writings are SOLID TRUTH .
But since we are on that fact . KNOW THIS and KNOW IT WELL , PETER WOULD NEVER HAVE SUPPORTED the abomination called the RCC .
PEROID . NOT one single apostle would , no , not even Christ . IF WE WANT TRUTH , THEN I SUGGEST WE OPEN BIBLES
and start learning TRUTH before its too late .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would not have mattered is wescott or hort had appeared even at the beginning of said churches or even in the year two thousand and twenty one
What they believed , what they followed and what they had taught proves they false . And when i say false
i dont mean they taught something small that was in error , THEY LIVED as worse as i once did . THEY FALSE . THEY wanted
to change the original version to suit their own perditional thoughts . PS i have no idea if even the word perditional exists .
I know perdition does . But i think A FEW folks will at least understand what i meant by PERDITIONAL.
But in case none does let me give us the definition of my invented word .
Perditional . One who taught or teaches views that lead not to salvation , not to Christ but rather to PERDITION , rather too anti christ
and the spirit of anti christ .

I have read many rambling, meaningless posts but this beats them all. Why are you so enamored with yourself?

Unlike yourself, Westcott and Hort were exceptional scholars. You've been fed a load of nonsense that does nothing more than justify earlier translations, especially the King James, as being the word of God. That is a lie!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter did fail Christ three times . BUT later repented . HIs writings are SOLID TRUTH .
But since we are on that fact . KNOW THIS and KNOW IT WELL , PETER WOULD NEVER HAVE SUPPORTED the abomination called the RCC .
PEROID . NOT one single apostle would , no , not even Christ . IF WE WANT TRUTH , THEN I SUGGEST WE OPEN BIBLES
and start learning TRUTH before its too late .

authority does not make you an angel, there not impeccable

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no man , woman or child trust in wescott or hort . THEY were dangerous and deadly men .
They were filled full of carnal wisdom and intellect , but so is satan . The whole rightly divided truth was NOT upon their hearts .
Thus my advice is trust not in their translations either .
Would any man trust a new version of the bible if it was wrote and given by satan . SO THEN WHY TRUST in his men .

This is beyond nonsense. Your ignorance and bias is very, very sad. Here is my advice: do not worship a translation.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
.."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Anyone who calls himself or herself an American should respect the First Amendment, so what's your problem?

Ah, but terrorism wasn't around in the Founding Fathers time, so I'm sure they'd approve of us keeping them out nowadays..;)

muslim-brotherhood.jpg

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
authority does not make you an angel, there not impeccable
Who on earth ever said i was an angel . NOT ME my friend . But since we are on that note
rememeber the angel in revelation whom John kneeled before , Hims said I am but your fellow servant
and of your brethren , WORSHIP GOD . SO its high times these popes stop having folks walk up to them and kneel before them
and kiss their ring .
I know , i know you will say its the office we are kneeling to . RATHER ODD , though , that PETER himself sure never had folks
to kneel before him or kiss any ring either . SO my advice is stop listening to a religion whose men simply desired power
and pre eminence . Worship GOD by JESUS CHRIST . Start fresh in the bible and read it for YOU . For you
and cry aloud unto the LORD for direction . GOD IS MERCIFUL , HE dont desire your death . SO my advice is flee the CC
and just learn about HIM for yourself . Watch how fast your eyes will be opened .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "vicar" is not in the Bible.

One step at a time. First He called Peter "Satan". Jesus never called any other person "Satan"! Matthew 16:23, "But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but on man’s.

So your denomination is built on the fallible Christ-denier whom Jesus called "Satan" and "a stumbling block" (as opposed to a rock) and said that he had his mind set on man's interests instead of God's interests. It's no wonder that the Catholic denomination is such a poor testament to Christianity!
So which is it Jimbo? Is Peter the rock upon which Jesus built the church (Matthew 16:18) OR is a "Christ-denier" Satan and a stumbling block? What have your men taught you?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“… it is a fundamental human right, a privilege of nature, that every man should worship according to his convictions: one man’s religion neither harms nor helps another man. It is assuredly no part of religion to compel religion - - to which free-will and not force should lead us - - the sacrificial victims even being required of a willing mind.”

(Tertullian, To Scapula, Chapter 2)

Tertullian (Roberts-Donaldson)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“For see that you do not give a further ground for the charge of ir religion, by taking away religious liberty, and forbidding free choice of deity, so that I may no longer worship according to my inclination, but am compelled to worship against it. … In fact, we alone are prevented having a religion of our own. We give offence to Romans, we are excluded from the rights and privileges of Romans, because we do not worship the gods of Rome. It is well that there is a God of all, whose we all are, whether we will or no. But with you liberty is given to worship any god but the true God, as though He were not rather the God all should worship, to whom we all belong. “

(Tertullian, The Apology, Chapter 24)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious Liberty!

Frank Sinatra heresy song!

“That’s America to me”

(All races And religions)

Bing Crosby heresy song!

“Free to sail the seven seas”

(Free to worship as we please)

Religious liberty was condemned by Pope Gregory XVI (1830-1846) in the encyclical Mirari vos (August 15, 1832), then by Pius IX (1846-1878) in the encyclical Quanta cura (December 8, 1864).

First point:

the best plan for public society and civil progress absolutely requires that human society be established and governed with no regard to religion, as if it did not exist, or at least without making distinction between the true and the false religions and consequently the best condition of society is the one in which there is no acknowledgment by the government of the duty of restraining, by established penalties, offenders of the Catholic religion, except insofar as the public peace demands.

Condemned!!!

liberty of conscience and of worship is the proper right of every man, and should be proclaimed and asserted by law in every correctly established society; that the right to all manner of liberty rests in the citizens, not to be restrained by either ecclesiastical or civil authority; and that by this right they can manifest openly and publicly and declare their own concepts, whatever they be, by voice, by print, or in any other way.

Condemned!!!

Religious indifferentism

This twofold condemnation applies to two different expressions of one and the same error, the error of the religious indifferentism of public authorities.

The civil authorities must not intervene to repress the external manifestations of false religions within the framework of social life, which are necessarily violations of Catholic law.
Individuals have the right not to be prevented by the authorities from performing in the external forum of social life the external acts of their religion, whether it is true or false.

This error, once condemned, is today at the basis of all modern democracies.

This false principle was condemned by Gregory XVI and Pius IX in holy apostolic authority!

Religious liberty is insanity!
Pope Gregory XVI

Gregory XVI, in "Mirari vos" of August 15, 1832 DS 2730:

"We now continue with a most fertile cause of evils by which we deplore that the Church at present is being afflicted, that is, indifferentism, or that evil opinion....that by any profession of faith whatsoever, the eternal salvation of the soul can be attained, if morals are kept to the norm of the right and good.... And from this must putrid font of indifferentism flows that absurd and erroneous view or rather insanity, that liberty of conscience should be asserted and claimed for just anyone."

Pius IX, "Quanta cura," Dec. 8, 1864 ASS 3.162: [We have added numbers for convenience in commenting]".

1."For you know well...that there are not a few, who...applying that impious and absurd principle of what is called naturalism, dare to teach, 'that the best state of public society and civil progress absolutely requires that human society should be so constituted and governed, that there is no consideration of religion, as if it [religion] did not exist, or at least with no distinction made between true and false religions.'"

Jn 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way,the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jn 10:16 one flock, one shepherd.

Conclusion!

Religious Liberty is condemned by holy apostolic authority in the church of Jesus Christ!
Interesting to know that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For see that you do not give a further ground for the charge of ir religion, by taking away religious liberty, and forbidding free choice of deity, so that I may no longer worship according to my inclination, but am compelled to worship against it. … In fact, we alone are prevented having a religion of our own. We give offence to Romans, we are excluded from the rights and privileges of Romans, because we do not worship the gods of Rome. It is well that there is a God of all, whose we all are, whether we will or no. But with you liberty is given to worship any god but the true God, as though He were not rather the God all should worship, to whom we all belong. “

(Tertullian, The Apology, Chapter 24)

Is there a first commandment?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #235.

called by Our Predecessor, Gregory XVI, an “insanity,”2 viz., that “liberty of conscience and worship is each man’s personal right, which ought to be legally proclaimed and asserted in every rightly constituted society; and that a right resides in the citizens to an absolute liberty,

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
called by Our Predecessor, Gregory XVI, an “insanity,”2 viz., that “liberty of conscience and worship is each man’s personal right, which ought to be legally proclaimed and asserted in every rightly constituted society; and that a right resides in the citizens to an absolute liberty,

Let his successors and their ward be deprived of their rights and see what they have to say about it.