Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will state this once and let it be, why @Karl Peters do you seem to project " puffed upness" ,aka ,pride, when you converse with others ?
You come across as though you have found and are the only practicing one of the only proverbial truth in communications with God.

Hebrews 1:1-6 KJV
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets ,hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

John 1 KJV
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

I do not feel you are disallowing the word of God we have, in whatever translation, a person so chooses to use, as our communication FROM GOD.
However I feel you are more projected on hearing him speak personally and in vernacular to the way we converse with our fellow humans. Therefore implying this is a must and that others in not receiving such, are less than!

KP's, last statement; Have you not even read that faith comes by hearing and that we are saved by faith???

Romans 10:17-21 KJV
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, Their sound went into all the earth, And their words unto the ends of the world. But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, And by a foolish nation I will anger you. But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Ephesians 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Maybe I am wrong in my receiving of what you say,Karl. I don't know but I do stand by this saying;

1 John 4: KJV
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will state this once and let it be, why @Karl Peters do you seem to project " puffed upness" ,aka ,pride, when you converse with others ?
You come across as though you have found and are the only practicing one of the only proverbial truth in communications with God.
I broke you post up a bit to cover a few things. First, above let me just point out to you that you write " you seem to project", and "pride, when you converse with others" . Now I covered this "pride of men" issue a couple of posts above. Pride is the very thing that happens when we don't seek the voice of the Lord and listen to Him!! So when I tell people to listen to Him, I am boldly declaring that they need to put away their pride, but you think that doing that "seems to project puffed upness" ,aka ,pride" when the opposite is true!! In fact, it is our NOT LISTENING TO GOD, which demonstrates our pride!!!!! Indeed, our not listening to the Lord our God who is always with us that is projecting our puffed upness!!, but you don't realize that, mostly likely because He has not yet taught you this.

What is happening is that you mistake my boldness in Christ, in that I point out that we need to listen to Him, as pride instead of boldness and confidence in Him!!!

If you don't yet understand; when you hear from the ministering angel the Lord sends you, you find out quickly that they can be very bold, and that because they know where they stand with the Lord!!! Therefore, as you get to know the King and the Kingdom of God you will understand this more and more, and with that comes confidence in who you are in Christ and thus with being bold in what you do for Him, when He asked you to do it.

For example: Gabrial was very bold with Zacharias saying The angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news. “And behold, you shall be silent and unable to speak until the day when these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled in their proper time.” (Luke 1:19,20)

And Moses was bold with the Paroh and the Israelites! Yet God testified that Moses was a humble man! (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.) Numbers 12:3

Moses was humble and it showed because He listen to the Lord and did what the Lord told Him personally!! That did not mean He was not bold - Moses was certainly bold!! You are confusing the two things and that because you are thinking you don't need to listen to the Lord, thereby thinking you are smarter than Him!! But if it helps, I don't listen to Him enough either - I only hear Him about a dozen different times a day, for over 20 years now, but that was enough to have gotten this teaching I just gave you!!
Hebrews 1:1-6 KJV
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets ,hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
God did of course speak to some people in the past!! He spoke to those willing to listen to Him!! Yet the sons of Israel at the Mountain of God said, let not God speak to us, and said they would listen to Moses instead, so the Lord spoke to them though those willing to listen to Him (the prophets) And even back then the angels that served the Lord still told people to listen to the Word of God (the Christ) Therefore Jesus came down in the flesh and the Word of God was killed by those men who would not listen to Him!! Yet He forgave them, and demonstrated that He has always been a forgiving God!! Do you not know that the way we kill someone spiritually speaking is to not listen to them!! Men have been killing Jesus Christ, the Word of God since Adam and Eve were not willing to listen to Him. Never-the-less, we have forgiveness of sins, so if "ANYONE", meaning "ANYONE"- contrary to what you seem to think I believe - I believe ANYONE can and hear from the Lord as much as I do - and indeed we everyone needs to listen to Him more!! Including me!! So when I tell others to listen to Him, I also tell myself, and I know that too is important to do!! It is not I who doesn't understand we need to listen to Him more!! Yet I am sooo amazed that every Christian doesn't understand this and that they fight against hearing Him!!

John 1 KJV
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Now the Scriptures are always correct. HE IS THE WORD AND HE WAS WITH GOD AND HE WAS GOD FROM THE BEGINNING! AND ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM AND SO HE IS THE LIFE OF MEN AND EVEN THE LIGHT OF MEN - Because He talks to us and shows us what is actually going on around us!! Those verses are fantastice and it is sooo clear to me that John and I are hearing from the same HE WHO HAS BEEN SPEAKING THE WORDS OF GOD TO THOSE PEOPLE WILLING TO LISTEN TO HIM FROM THE BEGINNING!! BUT JUST LOOK AT WHAT YOU WRITE!!!!!!!! YOU MAKE HIM OUT TO BE A BOOK THAT GETS TRANSLATED OVER THE YEARS!!!! CAN YOU NOT EVEN SEE BY YOUR OWN WRITING THAT YOU DON'T HEAR HIM, THE WORD OF GOD, LIKE JOHN!!

I do not feel you are disallowing the word of God we have, in whatever translation, a person so chooses to use, as our communication FROM GOD.
However I feel you are more projected on hearing him speak personally and in vernacular to the way we converse with our fellow humans. Therefore implying this is a must and that others in not receiving such, are less than!
Jesus spoke to the Jews while in the flesh on this silly idea that the Scriptures are hearing him speak personally to us!! Read these verses that John also wrote and understand!!

Jn 5:39 -41 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men;

Does that not describe you?? The Jews were thinking that reading the Scriptures gave them eternal life, but that comes from actually going to the Lord and hearing from Him personally, via His Holy Spirit!!!!

Do you see that part about Him NOT RECEIVIG GLORY FROM MEN?? John, Moses, and myself are only men trying to get you to turn to The Word of God (Jesus Christ) and listen to Him!! But to hear from Him you have to hear His words which come through the Holy Spirit to your spirit, not through their writings!!!!

Jn 6:63, 64 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

Read the above verse written to all men!! It is the Spirit who gives life, not the Sacred Writings!! And The Word of God knew from the beginning, long before the Writings, who did not believe and so would not listen to Him!! But that doesn't mean He didn't and doesn't live them!! So He sent them men to write and explain all this to them!! Still, they don't want to believe that can personally listen to Him!! So though the Scriptures are written, the writing doesn't stop!! We, all of us, need each other to actually seek the voice of the Lord!! He is indeed there to be heard by ANYONE!

The Scriptures also need to be read and studied; like a textbook the Teacher gives us! We still have to personally know and listen to the Teacher whose name is called "THE WORD OF GOD" - That is His name, even the name Jesus Christ has always been called!!