Repentance necessary for salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And others take their drugs given them by doctors and call it OK. They lust and think they are better than the homosexual. There is no sanction. And let's not kid ourselves about sin, either. It's the same thing inside us that mentally undresses someone as molests children. Its the flesh. The flesh is condemned. Sin is condemned, all of it.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. False words, spiteful or mean or scheming words, these come from vindictive and dishonest heart, it's all from the same place, the flesh. Jesus died and rose so we can die to our flesh, and rise in His Spirit to a new life.

And that life is not like the old life, or like life under Mosaic Law, for instance. It's a new life in the Spirit, living a new spirit life all the time, or, be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!

Ok I have short circuited your mind...how would this apply to the topic of evil characters going to heaven.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the point is, don't try, do.

Faith gives you access to walking in the Spirit. Once you get used to it, then walking in the Spirit becomes more of your default state, and you become more sensitive to when you start to slide away.

Monitoring your thoughts, disallowing and correcting any that don't match with faith and love. But again, as you do this more and more, there are fewer interruptions, because really, we're just "working out" what God is "working in".

Much love!
All well and good....but if evil does not change its character...salvation is of no use. Evil will not be in heaven.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, you could tone this down a bit for a nicer conversation.

?

Ok Mark...tone is not going to change...you are taking offense to truth. Your battle is with the Bible.
As far as you...you are great...I am not mad at you...I am very direct and Bible on it own convicts people and it is suppose to.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok Mark...tone is not going to change...you are taking offense to truth. Your battle is with the Bible.
As far as you...you are great...I am not mad at you...I am very direct and Bible on it own convicts people and it is suppose to.

Marks, you are one of my favorites...You have heard the friends don't let friends drive drunk....will I don't let friends live stupid.
Here let me blow you a kiss :confused: Now shut up!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the dangers of this new denomination.
1. It undermines Christian morals.
2. It undermines Christian cultures.
3. In the United States, some of these are in with the counter cultures groups that want to destroy everything that the United States stands for.
4. It can be appealing for some young Christians and new Christians that have sinful lifestyles but want to be accepted in Christian churches and communities. This new denomination preaches they can maintain those sinful lifestyle and still be Christians and make it to heaven. Satan's gateway. Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. But this is not what this new denomination preaches...They preach that any lifestyle leads to heaven as long as you believe in Christ...morality is an option.
5. The desire to shutdown the Christian voice, even invalidate parts of the Bible. People should only quote the scriptures they support and scriptures they believe forgives sinful lifestyles. If you quote scriptures about morality and those scriptures that speak against sin and immorality, they try to label you as condemning, mean, unforgiving!...when it is biblical scriptures you are quoting. And the technic has become the whole whining thing...Oh you offend me! You should not preach morality, it hurts peoples feelings! I am hurt! I am persecuted! I am so sad that you pointed out sin! I have been rejected! I am just going to leave and go eat worms!

They can believe in Christ, but you cannot repent a sinful lifestyle that you continue. They will arrive on Judgment Day as evildoers and Christ will judge them according.
Matthew 7:22-23
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

IS THERE A NEW DENOMINATION FORMING? Yep, it is here!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Grailhunter said:
Do you believe that you can do wrong your whole life and still go to heaven...
Are we talking 100%? 1% but spread out lifelong? Are we talking about the wrong of cannibalism, or worry? Will lifelong worriers go to heaven?
That is a tricky question I must say. The question is for one who is truly saved, the true Christian. So this is not for those who aren’t, like the nominal Christian, the hypocrite or false Christian.

One who is a professed Christian, who willfully lives a lifelong sinful life, is in all likelihood, not a true Christian. So, he is not saved. But one who does not, is the true Christian and is saved.

Don’t fall into the trap of such deceptive and tricky questions. Questions in those nature were asked of Jesus, not so that they will know the truth, but only to trap Him, that they would have something to charge Him against and convict Him of sin and have Him suffer the penalty.

Tong
R2790

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may at this point dare make a personal observation? Having read two threads before this that were posted by both Blood Bought 1953 & JustByFaith and toward one another , not by name but implication.

Does this topical duel between the two of you, thread after thread, that then invites others of the church to in essence take a side when responding, edify God?

Do insults reflect the glory of holy spirit?
Where's the love? :(

Galatians 6:1

Ephesians 4

What does it mean that we will give an account of every idle word we have spoken? | NeverThirsty

edit yet another typeOH! Looks perfectly written before committing to post. Post. And then the typeO's are sure to be somewhere. Fun with phones. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@marks

Will we find

homosexuals...
child molesters...
drug addicts
Abortion doctors and their staff
cannibals
Voodooists
People like Hitler
Liars
Idolaters
Adulterer
Fornicators
False teachers
Hypocrites
Thieves

In heaven?

All those who will be in heaven are children of God. They were perhaps once any and all of those, but were but were forgiven and saved by the grace of God through faith, and were transformed and conformed by God in the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. They have been made pure and were justified, and made holy. They are no longer any of those mentioned above.

We will not find in heaven even one wicked man there.

In my reading and study of scriptures, I have come to know and accepted the truth that the fallen mankind are in a state of death, whose every intents of the thoughts of his heart is only evil continually even from his youth. But not all men see and have knowledge of this truth. When this knowledge is told to those who have no knowledge of this truth, many do not receive it, much less, believe it. You know what can be expected of these men.

Tong
R2791

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question asked was repentance needed to be saved. In order to understand you have to understand what it means to repent. What does it mean to repent. Christ said to the Jews to repent and recieve the Kingdom of God. What were the Jews doing wrong? They would not except Christ as their savor. To repent of sin is only understood when you know what sin your turning from. Their are many sins. But the Lord said that he would send his Holy Spirit into the world to teach us about sin. There is only one. Many like the Pharisees believed they’re were many. But the Lord said there was one. That sin is the sin of unbelief. It is written in John. When a person repents he is repenting of the sin of unbelief. Sin was defined by the Lord as not have believed in him. So when a person repents he is turning from unbelief to believing in Christ. So the answer to your question is that unless a person repent from his unbelief he can not be saved.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

Will we find

homosexuals...
child molesters...
drug addicts
Abortion doctors and their staff
cannibals
Voodooists
People like Hitler
Liars
Idolaters
Adulterer
Fornicators
False teachers
Hypocrites
Thieves

In heaven?

All those who will be in heaven are children of God. They were perhaps once any and all of those, but were but were forgiven and saved by the grace of God through faith, and were transformed and conformed by God in the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. They have been made pure and were justified, and made holy. They are no longer any of those mentioned above.

We will not find in heaven even one wicked man there.

In my reading and study of scriptures, I have come to know and accepted the truth that the fallen mankind are in a state of death, whose every intents of the thoughts of his heart is only evil continually even from his youth. But not all men see and have knowledge of this truth. When this knowledge is told to those who have no knowledge of this truth, many do not receive it, much less, believe it. You know what can be expected of these men.

Tong
R2791
:eek: Tries to get cannibals in Heaven thoughts to go away.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may at this point dare make a personal observation? Having read two threads before this that were posted by both Blood Bought 1953 & JustByFaith and toward one another , not by name but implication.

Does this topical duel between the two of you, thread after thread, that then invites others of the church to in essence take a side when responding, edify God?

Do insults reflect the glory of holy spirit?
Where's the love? :(

Galatians 6:1

Ephesians 4

What does it mean that we will give an account of every idle word we have spoken? | NeverThirsty

edit yet another typeOH! Looks perfectly written before committing to post. Post. And then the typeO's are sure to be somewhere. Fun with phones. :cool:

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I have been forced to defend myself since the moment @Blood Bought 1953 started a war with me by calling my gospel "FALSE and PERVERTED" and he also has become so volatile in his attacks on me that I have felt justified in going on the offense in this battle also. But I know that I ought to turn the other cheek.

I just feel for those people who might reject what I am preaching if @Blood Bought 1953 has any degree of credibility in his condemnation of me and my doctrine; so I have prayed that as long as he continues to oppose me, that the Lord will abase him and he will lose credibility in the sight of the people who frequent these boards.

Because I know that the gospel that I preach is true and wholesome; and that it will bring very real salvation to those who hearken and heed what I have to say to them.

I am reminded of what happened with Paul in Acts 13, when the sorcerer Elymas tried to turn Sergius Paulus away from the faith. And also, later, in Acts 14, when the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned the minds of the people against the apostles. So, they continued on there for a longer season, and spoke boldly concerning the faith of Jesus Christ.

This is what I will do; and I also accept your exhortation that it is better for me to be "as a lily among thorns" (Song of Solomon 2:2) than to retaliate against @Blood Bought 1953 over his incessant attacks against me and the true and faithful gospel message that I am preaching.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not changed any definitions; but you appear to have changed the definition of repentance from the meaning that it was given in the Old Testament, in Ezekiel 33:11-20.

I believe that when God says "repent" that that is what He means.

Jer 6:16, Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Well as I am not living in Old Testament Israel but in the New Testament church I use the new testament definition of repentance and not the old as I already told you. Deliberastely twisitng my words as well as Scriptures demeans you. I told you they are two diffewrent words with two different meanings. either you are a lazy reader or deliberately lying about what I said.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as I am not living in Old Testament Israel but in the New Testament church I use the new testament definition of repentance and not the old as I already told you

Suit yourself.

Deliberastely twisitng my words as well as Scriptures demeans you.

I don't think that I have twisted your words.

I told you they are two diffewrent words with two different meanings. either you are a lazy reader or deliberately lying about what I said.

However, God is the same God in the New Testament as He is in the Old.

So, He is not going to change what He means by repentance just because the Greek language doesn't give an adequate word to portray the same meaning as the word has in the Old Testament. I believe that may be why He used different languages to give His word in. he wanted to make sure that people understood what the word "repentance" means in each language and for them to know that the fact that the language is different does not mean that the old meaning is no longer valid. It is still valid.

Also, I don't think that the Lord even uses the word "repent" in the Old Testament. However, He does show us what is meant by the word "repent" in the New Testament (since God is the same God and does not change) when He gave us the prophecy in Ezekiel 33:11-20 (for those who are willing to read their Bibles).

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that I have twisted your words.

Not surprising- but you did .
Suit yourself.

No, I seek to suit god and if He used different words with different meanings that are translated the same- that is a problem with translations not with my understanding
Also, I don't think that the Lord even uses the word "repent" in the Old Testament. However, He does show us what is meant by the word "repent" in the New Testament (since God is the same God and does not change) when He gave us the prophecy in Ezekiel 33:11-20 (for those who are willing to read their Bibles).

You think too much and do not act and study enough.

god used repent 66X in the OT. and very few times in the Septuigant is it written as meta-noia! The only times it is is when it speaks of god repenting from what He would do to a person or city.

See with a little work you can learn a lot!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not surprising- but you did .

How?

No, I seek to suit god

yet, you don't capitalize His title. From my perspective, that is a lack of respect for Him.

and if He used different words with different meanings that are translated the same- that is a problem with translations not with my understanding

Suit yourself.

You think too much and do not act and study enough.

I do plenty of studying.

An excellent Bible reading plan.

god used repent 66X in the OT. and very few times in the Septuigant is it written as meta-noia! The only times it is is when it speaks of god repenting from what He would do to a person or city.

See with a little work you can learn a lot!

I was simply saying that in the primary passage where God defines repentance (in Ezekiel 33:11-20) He does not use the word "repent"...at least, it is not translated that way into the English.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I have been forced to defend myself since the moment @Blood Bought 1953 started a war with me by calling my gospel "FALSE and PERVERTED" and he also has become so volatile in his attacks on me that I have felt justified in going on the offense in this battle also. But I know that I ought to turn the other cheek.

I just feel for those people who might reject what I am preaching if @Blood Bought 1953 has any degree of credibility in his condemnation of me and my doctrine; so I have prayed that as long as he continues to oppose me, that the Lord will abase him and he will lose credibility in the sight of the people who frequent these boards.

Because I know that the gospel that I preach is true and wholesome; and that it will bring very real salvation to those who hearken and heed what I have to say to them.

I am reminded of what happened with Paul in Acts 13, when the sorcerer Elymas tried to turn Sergius Paulus away from the faith. And also, later, in Acts 14, when the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned the minds of the people against the apostles. So, they continued on there for a longer season, and spoke boldly concerning the faith of Jesus Christ.

This is what I will do; and I also accept your exhortation that it is better for me to be "as a lily among thorns" (Song of Solomon 2:2) than to retaliate against @Blood Bought 1953 over his incessant attacks against me and the true and faithful gospel message that I am preaching.
Thank you for sharing so openly your thoughts here. :)

Perhaps this will help with your dilemma.
There's an old saying. People will treat you how you allow them to, by what you accept from their behaviors toward you.
If people read your beliefs and then read his, let them draw their own conclusions as the spirit leads them to search deeper.

Meanwhile, I would advise you not let darkness lead you toward their path. Nor lead you to speak their language. James 4:11.
We're to love our neighbor as yourself. What does it teach those reading us if we post in a manner that shows we cannot love one another here in this Christian community?
I think our words toward one another serve to show others who we are as the newborn in him when we profess Christ and share what we know of his word, and how it leads us to follow him amid one another.
In God's love,
Ag