Repenting Your Way To Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our Enemy has managed to create a lot of Confusion in regard to Repentance and let me make myself clear from the outset —- there will not be a single Unrepentant Soul in Heaven.....you just have understand what the word means when it comes to Salvation.....Nowhere in the KJV Bible does it say “Repent OF SINS” to be Saved......Are we to Repent? Certainly .Repent Of Sins to Be is Stay Saved?Nope.....

Trusting in the Sacrificial Blood Of Jesus Christ to take away our sins and Believing in His bodily , physical Resurrection is what Saves a man in this present Age Of Grace ( See 1Cor15:1-4)

Any type of Repentance—— no matter how “right” or “ holy” it sounds — that does not include Trusting in that Gospel that gives ALL the credit and Glory to Jesus and Him ALONE ain’t gonna get it......

If you are one of the many that thinks that Repentance means a profound Sorrow for sin , and that a regret and perhaps a resolve to “ do better” is the way to get Saved ......( changing from an immoral person to a moral one)you need to know that Hell will be replete with “moral” people.....Ghandi was a “ moral “ person......he is in Hell today not because he was immoral.....he is in Hell because he was an Unbeliever.....and if “ A Profound Sorrow” in regard to sin is the Recipe for Salvation—-few people have ever Repented in “that” manner to the extent that Judas did....He was so sorry for his terrible sin of betraying Christ that he even returned the thirty pieces of silver and still felt so remorseful that he could not live with himself and went out and hung himself.....so, there “ is” that type of Repentance, but clearly it does not Save......not if it is alone......not if the Gospel is absent...continuing to think that you are Saved because you “ turned over a new leaf” will lead to your Damnation...

There is another type of “ Repentance” that has been around for a long time that some confused people think is the way to be Saved.......it’s that type of Repentance that says one must “ STOP SINNING”..... that would be a vast improvement as opposed to “ KEEP SINNING”.......We should ALL do our best to stop sinning.....Sinning is not pleasing to God and it always winds up hurting the one that commits the sins.....if you are a Child Of God ( as usual, see 1Cor15:1-4) God does not want to see you do things that will hurt Him, yourself and others, so yes—- Stop Sinning ! Of course , but it is impossible to do this to the standard that God demands if you choose to go down this path to obtain your Justification.....We can’t repent of ALL of our sins because the Bible says that we all “ stumble” and even Paul said he could never reach the level that he should have reached.....God has us all trapped in this regard....even if you have never committed Adultery, Jesus makes it clear that if You even have a lustful thought, you are an Adulterer in the eyes of God......And let’s not forget to mention those pesky “ Sins Of Omission”—— If you know that something is right to do and you fail to do it—- it is Sin.How much time have you spend watching television when you could have been helping out at the soup line or taking strangers into your home to feed and clothe them....so you must understand , to “Stop Sinning” is a worthy goal, but it’s impossible as long as we are in theses weak vessels of flesh.....so when the Bible says to stop sinning...do it to the best your ability ....God will bless you for it.....He just won’t Save you for it...it gives absolutely no credit to the Shed Blood Of Christ.....One Who continues in this false line of thinking without including and trusting in the Gospel also will be damned ......

The Repentance That God demands is a “change of mind” —- that is another type of Repentance ( the Bible translates at least two different Greek words as “ repentance “ , therein lies the confusion ) Anybody that does not Believe the Gospel and goes on to “ change his mind” about it and becomes a Believer in the Gospel that has “ The Power to Save” has done all the Repenting he or she ever need do to become Saved .....

If one is stubborn about it , there “ is” One Sin That must be Repented of ......that would be the sin of “ self- Righteousness” —— thinking That your “ performance” has made you “ good enough” to merit Salvation.....Faith in the Gospel shows that one has moved beyond this Satanic Delusion......

To summarize —— yes, we must all Repent , but make sure you understand what it means in regard to Salvation....If you are an a Unbeliever , “ change your mind about Jesus “ and become a Believer in His death, burial and resurrection and trust that He died for your sins.... This True type Of Repentance Saves .....other types of Repentance can be positive things .....but if your choice of repentance does not include giving ALL of the credit for your Salvation to Jesus and Him alone—- you will be damned....

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our Enemy has managed to create a lot of Confusion in regard to Repentance and let me make myself clear from the outset —- there will not be a single Unrepentant Soul in Heaven.....you just have understand what the word means when it comes to Salvation.....Nowhere in the KJV Bible does it say “Repent OF SINS” to be Saved......Are we to Repent? Certainly .Repent Of Sins to Be is Stay Saved?Nope.....

What it does say is, "Repent and believe the Gospel." How is that not, "Repent and be saved?"
2 Cor 7.10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Trusting in the Sacrificial Blood Of Jesus Christ to take away our sins and Believing in His bodily , physical Resurrection is what Saves a man in this present Age Of Grace ( See 1Cor15:1-4)

How is this not the equivalent of "repent and be saved?" To trust in Christ is to surrender your own carnal life, ie repentance.

Any type of Repentance—— no matter how “right” or “ holy” it sounds — that does not include Trusting in that Gospel that gives ALL the credit and Glory to Jesus and Him ALONE ain’t gonna get it......

Well now, you're just stating that true repentance must involve turning to Christ. And I would agree with that. Perhaps you're opposed to repentance that does not turn to Christ in place of our self-dependence? For example, I might repent of being a thief, and stop stealing, but not turn to living through Christ. Is that what you mean? If so, I would agree.

If you are one of the many that thinks that Repentance means a profound Sorrow for sin , and that a regret and perhaps a resolve to “ do better” is the way to get Saved ......( changing from an immoral person to a moral one)you need to know that Hell will be replete with “moral” people.....Ghandi was a “ moral “ person......he is in Hell today not because he was immoral.....he is in Hell because he was an Unbeliever.....and if “ A Profound Sorrow” in regard to sin is the Recipe for Salvation—-few people have ever Repented in “that” manner to the extent that Judas did....He was so sorry for his terrible sin of betraying Christ that he even returned the thirty pieces of silver and still felt so remorseful that he could not live with himself and went out and hung himself.....so, there “ is” that type of Repentance, but clearly it does not Save......not if it is alone......not if the Gospel is absent...continuing to think that you are Saved because you “ turned over a new leaf” will lead to your Damnation...

True. Good example.

There is another type of “ Repentance” that has been around for a long time that some confused people think is the way to be Saved.......it’s that type of Repentance that says one must “ STOP SINNING”..... that would be a vast improvement as opposed to “ KEEP SINNING”......

True. The ideal is to give up all sins. However, that is not possible if we don't choose to simultaneously live in Christ. Following him is what righteousness is. To truly follow him is also to accept his atonement for our sin. We don't get into heaven by our perfection, but by our living in Christ, trusting that he has paid the price for our redemption.

Interesting subject. Thanks for sharing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To summarize —— yes, we must all Repent , but make sure you understand what it means in regard to Salvation....If you are an a Unbeliever , “ change your mind about Jesus “ and become a Believer in His death, burial and resurrection and trust that He died for your sins.... This True type Of Repentance Saves .....other types of Repentance can be positive things .....but if your choice of repentance does not include giving ALL of the credit for your Salvation to Jesus and Him alone—- you will be damned....

I get your INTENT...however the bottom line regarding Repentance is not about the MIND’s thoughts, but rather about the HEART’s thoughts.

IOW...
the ears can hear the word of God...through the minds process.
the eyes can read the word of God...through the minds process.
HOWEVER;
It is the HEART’S THOUGHTS of CONFESSION OF Repentance for having HAD DISBELIEF...
And the HEART’S THOUGHTS of CONFESSION OF NOW BELIEVING..
that God Hears.

Once the “HEART’s THOUGHTS” ARE changed, BY the mans freewill to Submit, Confess.......THEN is that man MADE PREPARED, BY the Power of God within that man;
....for that man; to MAKE his own minds thoughts subjected to his “Hearts’ Thoughts”.

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a long treatise actually against... the idea of repentance, and not really a Biblical explanation of what it is, but instead according to the doctrine of men called Hyper-Dispensationalism, or Hyper-Grace.

1 John 1 tells us to ask Jesus forgiveness of future sin, and He is faithful to cleanse us of it according to Apostle John. And when Jesus was asked how to pray, He gave us to ask forgiveness of our sins in that prayer. So repentance is as simple as that. And I pretty much do it daily because I know I can never be perfect with thinking to be my own Christ, but only be counted perfect when I repent and try to change, showing what's in my heart.

Now there are devils out there which falsely teach that once we have believed on Jesus Christ and been baptized, that we never ever have need to repent of any future sin we may commit. Those are devils teaching that, because they well know it means the believer will no longer check themselves for sin, thus no need to repent, and thus destroy the bridge with Christ by The Holy Spirit, and will place themselves in the group that Jesus warned about, that not everyone that says, "Lord, Lord" will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 7; Matthew 25).

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To trust in Christ is to surrender your own carnal life, ie repentance.
Respectfully Disagree "repent" is not "trust" because of
God's Simple Will! Summary:

1) ► repent is "changing the mind about sin (pleasure in
UNrighteous), and AGREEING With God, That it is Wrong and
IS Transgression AGAINST HIM, and That "The Wages Of
sin IS DEATH (WHAT we DO Deserve!)" ONE TIME,
Correct?

2) ►► trust is faith, and believing (with the heart) The Gospel Of The
GRACE
(what we DO NOT Deserve) = The ETERNAL LIFE Of God!!
ONE TIME,
Correct? ◄◄

3) ►►► surrender is (lifetime! Correct?) Daily
"present your body a living sacrifice!":

Rom 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the Mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service." (After God "Grants HIS Free Gift!")

Rom 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed
by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good,
and acceptable, and perfect, Will Of God." ◄◄◄

------------------------------------------
E-X-P-A-N-D-E-D for Clarification:

Precious friend(s), for your Prayerful And Careful consideration:

"But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not
trust
in ourselves, but in God Which raiseth the dead: Who delivered
us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in Whom we trust that He
will yet deliver
us;" (2 Corinthians 1:9-10 KJB!) =

The THREE Tenses Of God's ETERNAL Salvation:

Is not the Solution to Confusion recognizing God's Differences Be-
tween "HIS Relationship With us," And "our fellowship with HIM!"?

God's Will, Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE? Very Simply:

1) Past Tense = "...God delivered us from so great a death...":

God Establishes HIS Eternal Relationship With those who
humbly:

repent (change my mind, and AGREE With God, That:
"sin is Transgression AGAINST HIM, And it IS Wrong!")

and:

►►
believe, 100% trust, place Total faith,
In The LORD JESUS CHRIST,
HIS Death (Precious BLOOD), Burial, And HIS Resurrection,
According To The Scriptures! (The Gospel Of GRACE!)

(1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5 KJB!) ◄◄

"GRACE Through faith" In The Merits
Of HIS
ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Results:

All sins Forgiven, His Eternal Life, And, Peace With God!

(Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 2:13; Romans 6:23; Romans 5:1)

This Is Eternal Deliverance From the Penalty of sin,
The So Great A [ Second ] Death! (Revelation 21:8) =
Justification
and Spiritual Sanctification
(2 Corinthians 1:10a cp Romans 3:24)

(More Biblical Confirmation is here: God's ETERNAL Assurance! And:
God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!)

God's ETERNAL Justification/Relationship Is First, And, Then:

(2) Present Tense = "...God doth deliver us...":

All believers Should do "good works" {Which will Never
Equal CHRIST's Payment For the above Penalty of sin!},
for Which we Are Created In CHRIST JESUS, to perform
for Him, having "been Called into fellowship With Him!"
(
Ephesians 2:10; 1 Corinthians 1:9) Amen?:

We "work out our own salvation" (Philippians 2:12). This:

►►► Should Be a lifetime of Daily submission, and renewing,
being "not conformed to this world" (Romans 12:1-2),
for Grace Deliverance From the Power of sin!}
(2 Corinthians 1:10b) = personal sanctification: ◄◄◄

(2a) Christ Living In us, To Fulfil:

All Of His Law, In "One Word: Love thy neighbor
as thyself!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)

(2b) His Spirit Guiding and Teaching us, How To:

"Study to shew thyself Approved Unto God, a
workman that needeth not to be ashamed, Rightly
Dividing The Word Of Truth!" (
2 Timothy 2:15 KJB)​

►►► Eternal Results: reward {or loss} (1 Corinthians 3:8-15), ◄◄◄
ruling and reigning With CHRIST, Which Will Finally Be
At The Judgment Day:

(3) Future Tense = "...God Will Yet Deliver us":

CHRIST's
Glorification of All "members" Of HIS Body!!
{This Is Eternal
Deliverance From the Presence of sin!}
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57;
2 Corinthians 1:10c). Hallelujah! Praise HIS Excellent Name!!
----------------------------------
Conclusion:

BIG Differences Between the THREE tenses Of God's Eternal Salvation,
And Between God's Relationship And our fellowship! Correct?

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!

(2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 16:25; Ephesians 3:9 = GRACE/Mystery
fellowship {Romans – Philemon}, For All “To See,” today?)

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
Trusting in the Sacrificial Blood Of Jesus Christ to take away our sins

How can the conscience be purged from sin by the sheeding of Innocent Blood?
Nay, it will increase the condemnation.

Stop Sinning ! Of course , but it is impossible

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

1 John 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Respectfully Disagree "repent" is not "trust" because of
God's Simple Will!

My message was very simple and can't be questioned, in my view. To repent is to get off the path your own that is wrong, and to get on the path that is right. Same thing as I said: To trust in Christ is to surrender your own carnal life, ie repentance.

Trust means that you're accepting Christ as the proper path for your life. When you choose to trust in what he claimed to be, you're in effect agreeing with him that our way is wrong and that his way is right. Parsing this further doesn't seem to be particularly edifying, if we can't agree on the simplest concepts of faith and trust.

Reactions: Jim B

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The THREE Tenses Of God's ETERNAL Salvation:

Is not the Solution to Confusion recognizing God's Differences Be-
tween "HIS Relationship With us," And "our fellowship with HIM!"?

Conclusion:

BIG Differences Between the THREE tenses Of God's Eternal Salvation,
And Between God's Relationship And our fellowship! Correct?

There's a lot of biblical truth here, but I'm not sure it clarifies anything with respect to repentance. Obviously, Christ determined to die for us while we were yet sinners, and we could not be eternally pardoned until he actually made that sacrifice, which is now in the past.

And clearly, we must accept him when we hear the good news in our present. The tenses, therefore, do nothing with respect to explaining the role of repentance in our Salvation.

Salvation was provided for us by Christ alone. And we accept Salvation when we choose to repent of our own way and accept his way.

Reactions: Jim B

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it does say is, "Repent and believe the Gospel." How is that not, "Repent and be saved?"
2 Cor 7.10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

How is this not the equivalent of "repent and be saved?" To trust in Christ is to surrender your own carnal life, ie repentance.

Well now, you're just stating that true repentance must involve turning to Christ. And I would agree with that. Perhaps you're opposed to repentance that does not turn to Christ in place of our self-dependence? For example, I might repent of being a thief, and stop stealing, but not turn to living through Christ. Is that what you mean? If so, I would agree.

True. Good example.

True. The ideal is to give up all sins. However, that is not possible if we don't choose to simultaneously live in Christ. Following him is what righteousness is. To truly follow him is also to accept his atonement for our sin. We don't get into heaven by our perfection, but by our living in Christ, trusting that he has paid the price for our redemption.

Interesting subject. Thanks for sharing.

Faith AND repentance are required for salvation.

Jesus Himself plainly said He came to call sinners unto repentance, and warned that unless we repent, we shall perish:

Luke 5:32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to REPENTANCE.”

Luke 13:3No, I tell you; but unless you REPENT , you will all likewise perish.

This further confirms the need to repent or perish:

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should COME TO REPENTANCE.

Not only did Jesus plainly say that He came to call sinners unto repentance, He also said (AFTER His resurrection) that repentance for the remission of sins must be preached in His name to all nations:

Luke 24:46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luke 24:47And that REPENTANCE and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Many scriptures confirm that repentance - which includes asking God to forgive our sins - is required for salvation, alongside faith.

John wrote that we must confess our sins, to have them forgiven:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Paul preached both faith AND repentance is necessary, not just faith:

Act 20:20 Andhow I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you,but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, REPENTANCE toward God, AND faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Repentance towards God, and faith towards Jesus: both are needed, and are separate - therefore repentance is not automatically part of faith., said Paul.

And Paul continues to confirm that repentance AND faith are required

Act 26:19 “Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,

Act 26:20 but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and ALSO to the Gentiles, that they should REPENT and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their REPENTANCE.

In one text, Paul preached repentance toward God AND faith towards Jesus - in another that we should repent AND turn to God.

Then in Acts 3:19, we are told to repent and be converted for the forgiveness of our sins:

Act 3:19 Repent therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out

In that text, repentance clearly precedes conversion and forgiveness of our sins - and as 1 John 1:9makes plain, repentance includes confessing our sins to God, for their forgiveness.

Theologian and scholar Albert Barnes explains this about Acts 3:19:

Sin cannot be pardoned before man repents of it. In the order of the work of grace, repentance must always precede pardon.Of course, no man can have evidence that his sin is pardoned until he repents. Compare Isa 1:16-20; Joe 2:13”.

Repentance must always precede pardon.

Peter also told those 3,000 who were added to the first church that day, to REPENT and be baptized,FOR REMISSION OF THEIR SINS in Acts 2:38.

It is unequivocally clear that repentance is separate from faith; that repentance is needed, alongside faith, as part of being saved ; and repentance includes asking God to forgive our sins, and not just changing our minds about sin.

Without repentance is no remission of sins, and therefore there is no salvation.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, faith in God doesn't save *unless* it embraces Christ in place of our self-dependence. Christ is our salvation. Faith may believe in him, but it must also appropriate him. That's called "repentance!" Thank you!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our Enemy has managed to create a lot of Confusion in regard to Repentance
You have also contributed to the confusion with this OP. So should we leave you to figure out exactly why BOTH repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ are necessary for salvation (Acts 20:21)? You have also forgotten that "godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation" (2 Cor 7:10).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.....you understand my meaning in this instance...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Notice that it does NOT say, “ Repent Of SINS and be saved”....that is the point that I am trying to make....

The sentence is like saying , “ We’ll go faster if you step on the gas”...... You go faster by stepping on the gas and you repent by going from UNbelief in the Gospel to a “ Belief” in the Gospel.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but only be counted perfect when I repent and try to change, showing what's in my heart.

Sounds great, but sorry.....no cigar.....we are Saved by TRUSTING —- NOT by “ trying”.....

One “shows their heart” by putting their Total Trust in Jesus to Save them and not trusting in their “ Filthy Rags” performance....

“ For it is with the HEART that one Believes”—— That Belief is what Saves and if this belief exists in your heart .....you’re covered......you are Saved.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Himself plainly said He came to call sinners unto repentance, and warned that unless we repent, we shall perish:

Luke 5:32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to REPENTANCE.”

Luke 13:3No, I tell you; but unless you REPENT , you will all likewise perish.

This further confirms the need to repent or perish:

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should COME TO REPENTANCE.

Not only did Jesus plainly say that He came to call sinners unto repentance, He also said (AFTER His resurrection) that repentance for the remission of sins must be preached in His name to all nations:

Luke 24:46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luke 24:47And that REPENTANCE and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Many scriptures confirm that repentance - which includes asking God to forgive our sins - is required for salvation, alongside faith.

John wrote that we must confess our sins, to have them forgiven:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Paul preached both faith AND repentance is necessary, not just faith:

Act 20:20 Andhow I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you,but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, REPENTANCE toward God, AND faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Repentance towards God, and faith towards Jesus: both are needed, and are separate - therefore repentance is not automatically part of faith., said Paul.

And Paul continues to confirm that repentance AND faith are required

Act 26:19 “Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,

Act 26:20 but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and ALSO to the Gentiles, that they should REPENT and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their REPENTANCE.

In one text, Paul preached repentance toward God AND faith towards Jesus - in another that we should repent AND turn to God.

Then in Acts 3:19, we are told to repent and be converted for the forgiveness of our sins:

Act 3:19 Repent therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out

In that text, repentance clearly precedes conversion and forgiveness of our sins - and as 1 John 1:9makes plain, repentance includes confessing our sins to God, for their forgiveness.

Theologian and scholar Albert Barnes explains this about Acts 3:19:

Sin cannot be pardoned before man repents of it. In the order of the work of grace, repentance must always precede pardon.Of course, no man can have evidence that his sin is pardoned until he repents. Compare Isa 1:16-20; Joe 2:13”.

Repentance must always precede pardon.

Peter also told those 3,000 who were added to the first church that day, to REPENT and be baptized,FOR REMISSION OF THEIR SINS in Acts 2:38.

It is unequivocally clear that repentance is separate from faith; that repentance is needed, alongside faith, as part of being saved ; and repentance includes asking God to forgive our sins, and not just changing our minds about sin.

Without repentance is no remission of sins, and therefore there is no salvation.

According to Paul, the Recipe for Salvation involves Believing in two things—— Jesus died for our sins and Jesus rose from the dead ( See 1Cir15:1-4 ) That is the Gospel .That us what saves us now in this present Age Of Grace.When one Repents, or in other words, “ TURNS TO GOD” by going from Unbelief in that Gospel to Belief in that Gospel, he is Saved..

If I was a Jew, in the audience where John the Baptist , or Peter , or Jesus spoke I would do exactly what they said to do to get Saved —- whether or not that entailed repenting of sins ( the “ repentance” really meant Turning to God) or getting baptized or combining the two or standing on my head! Whatever they say to do , I will do!

“This” side of the Cross , under God’s “ New and Better” Plan , we need to obey our most recent Marching Orders.....these Orders are to Follow Paul , the man to whom “ Mysteries” were revealed that Jesus knew about but never told ANYBODY, including the Twelve......John and Peter preached “ repentance and baptism” for Salvation with NO MENTION of the Cross or the Resurrection Of Jesus—- the Two Things That were the ESSENTIALS of Paul’s Salvation Message.....a “ Message” btw, that was REVEALED to him by Jesus Himself.....

Peter did not preach the Cross and the Resurrection for Salvation , and Paul “ was NOT sent to Baptize “ ......There exists two differing types of Good News for those with Spirit - Given Contrite Hearts ( the Starting Point Of all Christians) , But Both Peters way and Paul’s way were originated and approved by God and involved Faith in Jesus Christ——( Which is the only thing that gets anybody saved—- that Faith in Christ)..... (the Baptisms were done, “ In Jesus Name”, after all) ...so adherents to either Plan got one Saved....

When we stand before God on Judgement Day, Paul informs us that we will be JUDGED according to “ his” Gospel......I would advise people to get familiar with “ that” Gospel and Believe and Rest in 1Cor15:1-4....

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, faith in God doesn't save *unless* it embraces Christ in place of our self-dependence. Christ is our salvation. Faith may believe in him, but it must also appropriate him. That's called "repentance!" Thank you!

Repentance biblically is to change your mind about sin, and turn to God, and ask for forgiveness of sins.. 1 John 1:9 for one.

No repentance, no salvation.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have also forgotten that "godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation" (2 Cor 7:10).

Have you ever considered That the “ repentance to salvation” thingy just might mean “ turning to God” seeing that God had said previously that if you will “ TURN” ( repent) to HIM , He will Turn to YOU!”

If you take the “ repentance” in that verse to mean “ stop sinning” that can’t be correct because God would never demand that we do the impossible—- is your “ thought- life” 100% pure? I thought not, and if you even have a lustful thought you are as guilty as an Adulterer .....ever hate anybody? You are no better than a Murderer in God's eyes....

Your type Of Repentance—- the acknowledgement of sin and the desire to eliminate it from your life is a great thing ( Judas was the King Of That type Of Repentance....he is Hell today, btw) but it will not save anyone....it just ain’t a part of the Plan.....Trust the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus Nothing to Save you....THAT is the Plan....

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you take the “ repentance” in that verse to mean “ stop sinning” that can’t be correct because God would never demand that we do the impossible
Read the book of Jonah and stop promoting lies and foolishness about repentance. Then read about Zacchaeus and see that repentance means (1) to stop sinning and (2) to make restitution in full. But that is not all that it means. And then change your false and misleading title which will cause others to stumble. That title is greatly offensive to man and to God.