• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God's justifying act is perfect, indeed. Romans 5.1: ....we have peace with God....

AMEN !

We have peace with God because of GOD's BLOOD that was shed that keeps us at perfect PEACE WITH GOD, always and forever.
Sin is gone and righteousness has come.
Jesus became our sin and we the born again became the Righteousness of GOD, in Christ.

Salvation is God doing everything Himself, that allows us to be accepted by Him, for eternity.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
AMEN !

We have peace with God because of GOD's BLOOD that was shed that keeps us at perfect PEACE WITH GOD, always and forever.
Jesus became our sin and we the born again became the Righteousness of GOD, in Christ.

Salvation is God doing everything Himself, that allows us to be accepted by Him, for eternity.
If we trust in "It is finished" (John 19.30), then none may dare make us afraid, for time or eternity. :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
There came a moment in your life when you reached out to Jesus with your heart, and now you are born again.
And when this happened, you entered into a eternal covenant with God Almighty, Himself.

Here is what it is...... You trusted God with your Eternal Life, and God honors your Trust, forever.

Now let me show you what has happen to Christianity in the last 40-50 yrs...regarding the "modern Church".
Salvation has been taught like this....."Ok, now that God SAVED you, go out there and PROVE YOU ARE WORTH IT, Prove you are growing...". = "the gospel of works". "the gospel of the self savor".
And saint that is exactly wrong. That is exactly what Christianity is NOT.
Listen....."work out your salvation IN awe and wonder".... does not mean "work to keep it, or work to make yourself worthy, or work to keep yourself worthy".

Saint..."working out your salvaiton".... is like Learning how to Paint.. Its to have all the tools available and you learn how to produce something beautiful which is a Holy life being lived for Christ.
The right idea is to learn how to live in the available power of Jesus so that you always live in the Victory. That is how you "work out your salvation"

So how do you do that? A.) You have to learn how to let the Power of Jesus give you the Victory.

And how do you do that? B.) You do that by resting in Grace and flowing in the Spirit.... that is to walk in the Light.

And how do you do that? C.) You LEARN to live in the PEACE of God, which is the Faith that pleases God. = You do this by right believing which causing right living.

Saint, you have to let go of trying, and instead start living in the PEACE of God which passes all understanding. You have to let go of your self effort and instead learn to live in God's Peace, which is God's GRACE.

Let me show you why you can....
Let me show you why you can let go and Trust God and finally begin to give Him that Faith that pleases God all the time.

--------------------------

1. ""For God has made Jesus to BE SIN FOR US, who knew no sin; that we might be made the Righteousness of GOD in Him." 2 Corinthians 5:21

So, there is your sin, its GONE..... and you are MADE RIGHTEOUS by God...... That is not you doing it.... That is not you living it,,,. or Trying to be... That is what you ARE Made to be by God......you are "made the Righteousness of God".. He did it......Its DONE.

2. Philippians 1:6. ""God who Himself began salvation in the born again, will Himself be Faithful to complete it"".

Now did you notice this incredible verse? It just told you that God is Faithful to complete your SALVATION FOR YOU.... That He will complete it...NOT YOU. So, you have to believe this and rest in the wonder of such an amazing God who came here, died for you, gave you His righteousness, and will Himself complete your salvation..... You dont complete it.....You instead REST in the living JOY of knowing that God is going to get you home. That God Himself has taken FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR SALVATION....... You dont have to worry about it. You dont have to try to keep it....You can't lose it... God has taken eternal control and will finish your Salvation for you...."FAITHFULLY" !! So, REST IN THIS KNOWLEDGE . Let it give you the Joy of the Lord.. Let is sustain your Peace of MIND and Heart..

3. Hebrews 12:2. "" Looking unto Jesus the author and FINISHER of our FAITH""

Now do you see that amazing verse? ???? It just told you that God also takes responsibility for your Faith being a success. Do you see? Do you see that God has even taken responsibility for your FAITH, so that you dont have to worry about that.... You can REST in the knowledge that God is going to complete your FAITH also.... So, REST in this knowledge. Let your heart be filled with what this means....It means that God will not only complete your Salvation, but He will also complete your FAITH.... for you .

So, now do you begin to see how your salvation is ALL of God from beginning to end.... and that it is a GIFT TO YOU? Its a GIFT . A GIFT !
And what does The Gift that God starts and finishes for you, produce for you?

4. Romans 5:1..."Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have PEACE with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"".

WE have PEACE WITH GOD...... PEACE, at all times.. Peace, Peace Peace.
So do you see "GRACE" yet?
Do you see it?
Saint......GRACE is God completing your salvation for you, including your Faith, so that you can be at PEACE WITH GOD, always..... = THIS IS SALVATION.......Its God doing it all for you, Himself, from beginning to end.... (From the Cross to the NEW Body..).= to keep you in perfect everlasting PEACE with Him...

Salvation is God doing everything Himself to give you Peace with Him.... To keep you at Peace with Him..
This is the GRACE OF GOD. ITS A GIFT. This is Amazing Grace. And you have it right now. Its YOURS......Its God's GIFT TO YOU.. Its the Blood of Jesus....saint, that provides all this for you.

There is POWER IN THE BLOOD....... See it?
Its the GRACE OF GOD, in that Holy BLOOD.
Now see it...... Know it.... Believe it......and REST IN IT......and when you do you are giving God the Faith that pleases Him, and you'll find that your are being FREED to live the Holy Life you want to live for Him.

SEE, = Right believing produces Right LIVING.
Anybody who teaches that God gives us a gift that does NOT require our response or cooperation - preaches a false Gospel. God doesn’t force Himself on us or coerce us to be His. We make a conscious decision to follow Him – and to REMAIN in Him.

God doesn’t force us to be sinless. That requires our response to His grace. We cannot avoid sin without His grace. We have a proclivity towards it because of our fallen nature. Paul goes over this in great detail in Romans 7.

Sin is something that we are going to struggle with until we leave this world.
PART of that struggle is choosing to sin - or to cooperate with God’s grace that allows us to reject it.

This is what “picking up our cross daily” to follow Christ means (Luke 9:23).

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody who teaches that God gives us a gift that does NOT require our response or cooperation - preaches a false Gospel. God doesn’t force Himself on us or coerce us to be His. We make a conscious decision to follow Him – and to REMAIN in Him.

God doesn’t force us to be sinless. That requires our response to His grace. We cannot avoid sin without His grace. We have a proclivity towards it because of our fallen nature. Paul goes over this in great detail in Romans 7.

Sin is something that we are going to struggle with until we leave this world.
PART of that struggle is choosing to sin - or to cooperate with God’s grace that allows us to reject it.

This is what “picking up our cross daily” to follow Christ means (Luke 9:23).
Picking up our cross daily is a pagan saying.....only one had to bare the cross and that was Jesus. We can't even come close to the miracle of His crucifixion and how He took the sins of the world upon himself.
I used to admire people walking around carrying a cross as they ministered along the way....but I don't anymore...I want the focus to be Jesus on the cross not man...make sense?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you consider those who are bound up in a sin and need deliverance as saved or unsaved?

I think bringing in a "saved" status brings in more problems than it is supposed to fix. I see life as a journey and the Christian calling as a race. We are saved if we remain faithful till the end. So I don't see any kind of a finish before the end.

So having stated that...we are working things out in this life. We are working out our own salvation with a serious intent.

So I don't see a person as saved or not...just in the process or not. So a person can claim to be unsaved and yet fully in the race. And another person can claim to be saved and not in the race at all.

Such is the way with us humans. ;)

So I encourage people to get in the race. Become a seeker...and run to win! :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think bringing in a "saved" status brings in more problems than it is supposed to fix. I see life as a journey and the Christian calling as a race. We are saved if we remain faithful till the end. So I don't see any kind of a finish before the end.

So having stated that...we are working things out in this life. We are working out our own salvation with a serious intent.

So I don't see a person as saved or not...just in the process or not. So a person can claim to be unsaved and yet fully in the race. And another person can claim to be saved and not in the race at all.

Such is the way with us humans. ;)

So I encourage people to get in the race. Become a seeker...and run to win! :)
Oh okay I misunderstood your post....sorry about that....I agree with you!

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly we don't know about others, that's between God and them.

But I find it truly sad when someone misses out on the joy of a true relationship with God. To spend your entire life not knowing if you actually know your loving Creator.

I find that terribly sad! God has so much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN !

To me, anything less than this, well, to put it another way . . . the more I think I'm doing for myself . . . OK, maybe another way . . . the less I'm looking to God for . . . be it to you according to your faith . . . the less I think I'd receive from Him. The double minded man is unstable in all his ways!

Why shortchange yourself by thinking that you are adding to the work of God??

Much love!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Picking up our cross daily is a pagan saying.....only one had to bare the cross and that was Jesus. We can't even come close to the miracle of His crucifixion and how He took the sins of the world upon himself.
I used to admire people walking around carrying a cross as they ministered along the way....but I don't anymore...I want the focus to be Jesus on the cross not man...make sense?
Not sure how you can say that this is a "pagan" saying when it was Jesus who said it:
Luke 9:23
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

Now, He said this because crucifixion was common during Roman rule in the 1st century.
Nobody is "comparing" themselves to Christ here. The fact tat I may have a "cross" to bear doesn't take away fro the perfect sacrifice of the Lamb of God.
MY cross is miniscule compared to His.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how you can say that this is a "pagan" saying when it was Jesus who said it:
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

Now, He said this because crucifixion was common during Roman rule in the 1st century.
Nobody is "comparing" themselves to Christ here. The fact tat I may have a "cross" to bear doesn't take away fro the perfect sacrifice of the Lamb of God.
Wasn't that while He was alive?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay....we are both talking the same language just different pages...lol.
Today people misuse the meaning of take up your cross....back then to take up your cross meant death is just up ahead...so Jesus meant to die to self.
But today you hear people say well that is my cross to bare....maybe speaking of an affliction or a heavy burden.
So that's where I was coming from.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay....we are both talking the same language just different pages...lol.
Today people misuse the meaning of take up your cross....back then to take up your cross meant death is just up ahead...so Jesus meant to die to self.
But today you hear people say well that is my cross to bare....maybe speaking of an affliction or a heavy burden.
So that's where I was coming from.
I understand how it can be misconstrued.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and it makes me a little angry....almost mocking the meaning of the cross.

"They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Mark 10:37-39

You see from those words that James and John indeed had a cup to drink. Perhaps not going to a cross of wood [although some apostles certainly did] but they and each of us had/has a cross to bear... but then also consider this:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

The burden is heavy for people because they try to carry it alone. He is always there to help us:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Heb 13:5

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is this a pagan saying when Jesus said to take up our cross daily and follow Him?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Mark 10:37-39

You see from those words that James and John indeed had a cup to drink. Perhaps not going to a cross of wood [although some apostles certainly did] but they and each of us had/has a cross to bear... but then also consider this:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

The burden is heavy for people because they try to carry it alone. He is always there to help us:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Heb 13:5
Amen brother
Here is a link that says it all for me...
What did Jesus mean when He said, “Take up your cross and follow Me”? | GotQuestions.org

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read my posts above...lol
Post 31
I think I read all of your posts concerning this, but I still have the same question. Are you saying that Jesus was teaching paganism when He said the following:

Luke 9:23-25--And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I read all of your posts concerning this, but I still have the same question. Are you saying that Jesus was teaching paganism when He said the following:

Luke 9:23-25--And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?
No...I am saying the world has made it a slang to indicate they got what they deserve or something. They're not even quoting scripture they are just saying well that's my cross the bear.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I am saying the world has made it a slang to indicate they got what they deserve or something. They're not even quoting scripture they are just saying well that's my cross the bear.
To me it's almost blasphemy the way it is used in everyday conversations.