• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teaching "self effort" as a part of the Blood Atonement, is Legalism.
Never teach that Salvation is "one part God's blood and one part our works"
This is Galatians 1:8.
Dont be that person.

Yet, it is your teaching that if someone loses faith, they continue to be saved.

For you have said that faith is not the primary factor but what God has done for us is the primary factor.

It remains that we have access to what the Lord has done for us through faith....and without faith we lose that access.

Of course, faith and works are mutually exclusive when it comes to what saves a man (Ephesians 2:8-9)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teaching "self effort" as a part of the Blood Atonement, is Legalism.
Never teach that Salvation is "one part God's blood and one part our works"
This is Galatians 1:8.
Dont be that person.
As I have admonished your friend @justbyfaith on MANY occasions - cherry-picking erses and pitting them against the rest of Scripture only gets you into trouble. This was the entire problem with Calvin in the first place. I only mention him because he is the inventor of your false doctrine.

This teaching amounts to God being a Cosmic Rapist, who forces His love on His "elect" and strips them of their free will. He drags them kicking and screaming into Heaven against their will because they agreed a contract they can't get out of. this is NOT the God of Scripture - but a monster invented by Calvin.

In another thread on a similar topic, I gave you a list of passages that ALL harmonize the fact that our security is something than CAN be lost by our own doing - and you ignored them. Here they are again for your edification . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek word for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida/gnosis). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a Biblically-ignorant person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17

Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness and LOSE their security.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God “take away” somebody’s “share” of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most assuredly, He is a monster who drags you kicking and screaming out of everlasting fire in order that you might experience eternal pleasures for evermore...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, your obsession with me is noted . . .
I have said it before and will say it again...sometimes you show up on my radar as "Ignored Member". And on those occasions, I may peek in to see what you are up to.

But you are on an ego trip if you think that I am obsessed with you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said it before and will say it again...sometimes you show up on my radar as "Ignored Member". And on those occasions, I may peek in to see what you are up to.

But you are on an ego trip if you think that I am obsessed with you.
Ummmm, "ignore" means, ignore . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, "ignore" means, ignore . . .
I am ignoring you for the most part because of your snyde attitude.

But I will peek in from time to time and see if you are posting any false doctrine; and if you do I will address that doctrine biblically.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's not my friend.
He's a confused Charismatic, who teaches a weird broken idea of Grace + Law, + Abiding, = trying to save himself.
What I teach is the Bible.

We are taught by the anointing of the Holy Ghost to abide in Christ, 1 John 2:27-28.

And no, I am not trying to save myself. That is your straw man concerning my theology.

I am also a deep adherent of what is taught by Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6, Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, and Hebrews 7:18-19; w/ Romans 4:15 and Romans 5:13 and 1 John 3:4.

While I believe that this is to be balanced out by Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10; w/ Romans 5:5.

To come to the conclusion that we are not any longer condemned by the law from the outside; while we are governed by the law from the inside.

Also, that we are not saved through keeping the law; but rather that we obey the word of God because we are saved (made into new creatures in Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)).

Last edited: