• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I am saying the world has made it a slang to indicate they got what they deserve or something. They're not even quoting scripture they are just saying well that's my cross the bear.
But where does the paganism come in just because people misuse this term? How does that make it pagan?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But where does the paganism come in just because people misuse this term? How does that make it pagan?
It's a sacred symbol and it has everything to do with Jesus.
People use it as another way of saying I don't need your help it's my burden to bare or my cross to carry.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a sacred symbol and it has everything to do with Jesus.
People use it as another way of saying I don't need your help it's my burden to bare or my cross to carry.
I don't mean to badger you, but do you understand what paganism is?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to badger you, but do you understand what paganism is?
Basically a godless religion or a belief outside of Christianity...just like the pagan holidays that have taken the place of Christian holidays.
In a nutshell it's a man made theology or philosophy

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically a godless religion or a belief outside of Christianity...just like the pagan holidays that have taken the place of Christian holidays.
Right, it's a broad term, but the pagans believed in the mystery religions that included worshiping other gods and goddesses. Their practices have generally included some form of magic.... Wicca is a modern version.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed! I understand your point. People or their parents or friends probably heard it originally over some pulpit, but as they used it, it became like Nehushtan, a pagan usage derived from godly source. This is what men have done from the beginning when every thing that God made was "very good". Then man got hold of it and paganism was born and on the move and has scarcely stopped to take a breath ever since. Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior I guess I mean that some ppl think the cross is a bad sign; others use it - in a tattoo, jewelry, etc. in an attempt at testimony, I guess...

(If this comment makes any sense?)
Yes, it does make sense. I think what @Heart2Soul was talking about is how people take the cross lightly and use it as a decoration without understanding its importance. A while back, kids were using it with punk-style attire. I think it was punk. Or maybe it was goth. o_O

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Anybody who teaches that God gives us a gift that does NOT require our response or cooperation - preaches a false Gospel.

God requires FAITH.
That is all He requires to save anyone.
"justification BY faith".
"Grace THROUGH Faith".
If you don't understand this, then you have no idea that salvation is a Gift, and that you can't earn a Gift.

After you are SAVED, you are to be a disciple, and function within the spiritual mind.
This is not to try to become what you have already been given.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God requires FAITH.
Yet, it is your teaching that if someone loses faith, they continue to be saved.

For you have said that faith is not the primary factor but what God has done for us is the primary factor.

It remains that we have access to what the Lord has done for us through faith....and without faith we lose that access.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God requires FAITH.
That is all He requires to save anyone.
"justification BY faith".
"Grace THROUGH Faith".
If you don't understand this, then you have no idea that salvation is a Gift, and that you can't earn a Gift.

After you are SAVED, you are to be a disciple, and function within the spiritual mind.
This is not to try to become what you have already been given.
Wrong.

Faith requires TWO things:
-God’s grace
- OUR cooperation

The Scriptures tell us over and over that faith CAN be lost (Matt. 5:13, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 9:27, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-22, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).
When your faith is lost – so is your security .

OSAS
is a 16th century invention . . .