Romans 11 and the real Replacement Theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
What I now believe...

We undergo a miraculous exchange at the center of our being once we have the spirit of Christ. Who we were in Adam is no longer there. We become a new person because we are now a child of God who is in Christ. The key event causing this exchange is a death, burial, and resurrection with Christ. This miraculous exchange is not figurative or symbolic, but literal and actual.

The spiritual part of every Christian has literally and actually been crucified, buried, and raised with Christ. The fact that this occurs spiritually and not physically doesn’t make it any less real. So what happens to the old self that was in Adam? The old self is entirely obliterated once the spirit of Christ enters the Christian.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I now believe...

We undergo a miraculous exchange at the center of our being once we have the spirit of Christ. Who we were in Adam is no longer there. We become a new person because we are now a child of God who is in Christ. The key event causing this exchange is a death, burial, and resurrection with Christ. This miraculous exchange is not figurative or symbolic, but literal and actual.

The spiritual part of every Christian has literally and actually been crucified, buried, and raised with Christ. The fact that this occurs spiritually and not physically doesn’t make it any less real. So what happens to the old self that was in Adam? The old self is entirely obliterated once the spirit of Christ enters the Christian.
According to Ephesians 1:7, you were a sinner saved by grace.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What I now believe...

The apostle Paul would not tell you to put to death the deeds of the old self if the old self was entirely obliterated once the Spirit of Christ entered you.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle Paul would not tell you to put to death the deeds of the old self if the old self was entirely obliterated once the Spirit of Christ entered you.
If our friend was dead and you were still worried about things he said and left for us to do. Then it could be very normal for me to say to you that he's dead. And that we now need to forget about him and move on in this new direction.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Ephesians 1:7, you were a sinner saved by grace.
The Catholics teach we are (not were) sinners saved by grace and that means we must run to God to confess and repent our new sins every time we sin after becoming a Christian. The belief is that you will either be lost, or on your way to hell, or at the very least God will not fellowship with you, and He certainly will not answer your prayers if you are found with an unconfessed sin. Such a concept would mean everybody would be on their way to hell because there is not a person on this earth who does not have either a known or an unknown unconfessed sin. Now if this new sin just means the loss of a relationship with God, which would include unanswered prayers. Then God would not have a single person on this earth qualified to receive an answer to prayer or to be able to fellowship with Him.

Geezzz... I wonder where the Protestants got the same idea from?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholics teach we are (not were) sinners saved by grace and that means we must run to God to confess and repent our new sins every time we sin after becoming a Christian. The belief is that you will either be lost, or on your way to hell, or at the very least God will not fellowship with you, and He certainly will not answer your prayers if you are found with an unconfessed sin. Such a concept would mean everybody would be on their way to hell because there is not a person on this earth who does not have either a known or an unknown unconfessed sin. Now if this new sin just means the loss of a relationship with God, which would include unanswered prayers. Then God would not have a single person on this earth qualified to receive an answer to prayer or to be able to fellowship with Him.

I wonder where you got your ideas from?

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Do you live a sinless life?

If not, then confession is a recurring event.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Oh yes the confession. Now does any of that sound Catholic?

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My take on 1 John 1:9...

A belief system called Gnosticism was taking root in Christianity at the time the book of John was being written that taught there was a supreme and unknowable Being, which they designated as the "Monad." The Monad produced various gods, who in turn produced other gods, and one of these gods called the "Demiurge" created the earth and then ruled over it as an angry, evil and jealous god. Gnostics believe this evil god was the god of the Old Testament who is called "Elohim" and so the Monad had to send another god known as the "Christ" to bring special knowledge to mankind and free them from the influence of the evil Elohim. And this is why the gnostics do not seek salvation from repenting of their sin (but rather from the ignorance of which sin is a consequence) that they believe the evil creator God and his angels caused. They emphasize salvation of select humans from bodily existence through their awakening to the knowledge of their original divine identity. I believe the Apostle John had them on his mind when he wrote the Epistle of 1 John saying you must realize you have sin and repent. John was not talking to the already saved Christian as the Catholics would like you to believe.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John was not talking to the already saved Christian as the Catholics would like you to believe.
John was certainly talking to already saved Christians, specifying "we", "our", and "us", thus including himself.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Uhhhh – NOT exactly.

First of all, we are ALL sinners - and that includes YOU.
NOWHERE does the Bible teach that forgiveness is a ONE-time, slam-dunk event. James tells his born-again readers to “confess your sins” (James 5:16)

Secondly – Catholics know that as long as we have a free will, we have the capacity to sin - and the proclivity towards it.
The following verses speak to converted, born-again Christians – warning them to remain faithful, lest they LOSE their secure position . . .
Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhh – NOT exactly.

First of all, we are ALL sinners - and that includes YOU.
NOWHERE does the Bible teach that forgiveness is a ONE-time, slam-dunk event. James tells his born-again readers to “confess your sins” (James 5:16)

Secondly – Catholics know that as long as we have a free will, we have the capacity to sin - and the proclivity towards it.
The following verses speak to converted, born-again Christians – warning them to remain faithful, lest they LOSE their secure position . . .
Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19
1.) I don't see anything in my King James Bible about sin in James 5:16.

2.) Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, are not in the New Testament.
Note: God did not put a paper in the Bible between Malachi and Matthew that says New Testament. Men did that... probably Catholics.

3.) I don't see anything in my King James Bible about sin in 1 Corinthians 4:4

Should I look at another 3?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John was certainly talking to already saved Christians, specifying "we", "our", and "us", thus including himself.
I see this 1 John chapter 1 and 2 as we are either walking in our old dead nature if we are into sin. Or we are walking in the spirit if we are not into sin.

Chapter 1
6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

6. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

7. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

8. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

9. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

10. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

Chapter 2
1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

1. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

2. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."

3. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

4. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

5. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

6. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds John in inspired Scripture. And He in the verse is not a Catholic priest, but rather Christ our High Priest.

Now how does that sound?
From 1 John we read "that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin." We cannot sin in him because there's no sin in him and this is why "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see this 1 John chapter 1 and 2 as we are either walking in our old dead nature if we are into sin. Or we are walking in the spirit if we are not into sin.

Chapter 1
6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

6. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
7. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
8. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
9. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
10. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

Chapter 2
1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

1. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
2. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."
3. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
4. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."
5. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
6. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.
"We" means "we" in every verse in which it appears.

If we confess our sins...

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From 1 John we read "that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin." We cannot sin in him because there's no sin in him and this is why "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
1 John 3:9 Greek

4160 [e]
poiei
ποιεῖ ,
practices
V-PIA-3S

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If our friend was dead and you were still worried about things he said and left for us to do. Then it could be very normal for me to say to you that he's dead. And that we now need to forget about him and move on in this new direction.
Yes, please do forget about him and let's move on in this new direction because he's been giving me lots of uphill :)

• Haha
Reactions: covenantee

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.) I don't see anything in my King James Bible about sin in James 5:16.
2.) Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, are not in the New Testament.
Note:
God did not put a paper in the Bible between Malachi and Matthew that says New Testament. Men did that... probably Catholics.

3.) I don't see anything in my King James Bible about sin in 1 Corinthians 4:4

Should I look at another 3?
Your profile says, “Christian”. Apparently, you LIED.
You cannot reject the New Testament and claim to be a Christian.

Case CLOSED.

Reactions: Philip James

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes the confession. Now does any of that sound Catholic?
Something the RCC doesn't teach. 1 John 3: 4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.