Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
If only we could get them to see that the God of the Old Testament is the exact same God as the God of the New Testament.
And the Creator...is none other than Jesus Christ, Himself.
True. The God of the OT is the same as the NT, but in different forms. The God in the OT is spirit. The God in the NT came down and manifested himself into flesh and died for our sins. Do you see the difference.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
OSAS doesn't believe that we should forget about God's commandments. Are you trusting in your own works to keep you saved or God's finished work on the cross?

Do you accept what Jesus did for you on the cross?
Then do you agree that a Christian...that is, one who has received the Holy Spirit...will voluntarily obey God's commands?

You asked me if I had accepted Christ's sacrifice before, and I told you yes. Every time you ask me this, my answer will be yes.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Then do you agree that a Christian...that is, one who has received the Holy Spirit...will voluntarily obey God's commands?

You asked me if I had accepted Christ's sacrifice before, and I told you yes. Every time you ask me this, my answer will be yes.
If you've accepted Christ's sacrifice then why are you depending on your works to get you into heaven. I'm confused.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Question with a question.
I told you that I already answered your question. I am not depending on what I do to get me into Heaven. I never said that I was.
This is one reason why I am reluctant to undertake a real in-depth study with you...you don't listen.

I will ask you again...why was Jesus baptized?
Can you answer?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Anyhow, as I mentioned earlier, I have an appointment with my daughter tomorrow to go shopping.
I don't wish to be overtired and grouchy...so I am going to say good night and get some sleep tonight, even if I have to pull the plug on this machine.
I will not be available for further comment until tomorrow or maybe Friday.
Till then, God bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I told you that I already answered your question. I am not depending on what I do to get me into Heaven. I never said that I was.
This is one reason why I am reluctant to undertake a real in-depth study with you...you don't listen.

I will ask you again...why was Jesus baptized?
Can you answer?
But you are depending on what you do because you're adding hell to your doctrine.
Keeping God's commandments is an action based on what you do. Do you see the deception Barrd.
Why was Jesus baptized, tell me.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Rev 12:11 NIV They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

1 John 5:9-14 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
HE is the one that is holy and righteous...Rev 15:4 NIV Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
PEOPLE
1. A - antichrist spirit 1 John 2:22 NIV (CONNECTS TO 16)
2. F - false prophets 2 Pet 2:1 NIV (CONNECTS TO 16)
3. N - nonbelievers who refuse to repent Rev 9:20-21 NIV, Rev 21:8 NIV (CONNECTS TO 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 17)
4. P - pagans 1 Pet 4:3 NIV (CONNECTS TO 6, 7, 8, 11)
5. W - wrongdoers 1 Cor 6:9-11 (CONNECTS TO 8, 12, 13)

SIN THAT CONNECTS TO 1-5
6. D - debauchery 1 Pet 4:3 NIV, Gal 5:19-26 NIV (CONNECTS TO 4)
7. D - drunkenness 1 Pet 4:3 NIV, Gal 5:19-26 NIV (CONNECTS TO 4)
8. I - idolatry 1 Pet 4:3 NIV, 1 Cor 6:9-11 NIV, Gal 5:19-26 NIV, Rev 9:20-21 NIV, Rev 21:8 NIV, Rev 22:15 NIV (CONNECTS TO 3, 4, 5)
9. M - magic arts Rev 9:20-21 NIV, Rev 21:8 NIV, Rev 22:14-15 NIV (CONNECTS TO 3)
10. M - murderers 1 Tim 1:8-11 NIV, Rev 9:20-21 NIV, Rev 21:8 NIV, Rev 22:14-15 NIV (CONNECTS TO 3)
11. O - orgies 1 Pet 4:3 NIV, Gal 5:19-26 NIV (CONNECTS TO 4)
12. S - sexually immoral, immorality 1 Cor 6:9-11 NIV, Gal 5:19-26 NIV, 1 Tim 1:8-11 NIV, Jude 1:4-7 NIV, Rev 9:20-21 NIV, Rev 21:8 NIV, Rev 22:15 NIV (CONNECTS TO 3, 5)
13. T - thefts, thieves 1 Cor 6:9-11 NIV, Rev 9:20-21 NIV, (CONNECTS TO 3, 5)

RESULT OF NOT BELIEVING
14. B - did not believe, unbelieving Jude 1:4-7 NIV, Rev 21:8 NIV (CONNECTS TO 3, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17)
15. C - condemnation Jude 1:4-7 NIV (CONNECTS TO 12, 15, 16, 17)
16. D - denies, denying, deny, Tit 1:15-16 NIV, 2 Pet 2:1 NIV, 1 John 2:22 NIV, Jude 1:4-7 NIV (CONNECTS TO 1, 2, 12)
17. F - punishment of eternal fire, the lake of fire, fiery lake of burning sulfur Jude 1:4-7 NIV, Rev 21:8 NIV (CONNECTS TO 3, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17)

I want us to focus on the people, the sin and the result of sin. All these words describe nonbelievers that are not born again by any means.

1 Cor 6:9-11 NIV Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Gal 5:19-26 NIV The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

1 Tim 1:8-11 NIV We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Tit 1:15-16 NIV To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

1 Pet 4:3-4 NIV For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you.

2 Pet 2:1 NIV But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

1 John 2:22 NIV Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.

Jude 1:4-7 NIV For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. 5Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Rev 9:20-21 NIV The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Rev 21:8 NIV But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Rev 22:14-15 NIV “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Rev 21:27 NIV Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments." That is explicit.

What is implicit is this: "If ye don't love Me, then forget about My commandments."

It should come as no surprise that the idea of OSAS argues that we should forget about God's commandments - because Satan hates God's commandments with a passion, especially the fourth commandment which tells the world Who the author of the Ten Commandments is - the Creator.
Acts 13:39 NIV Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:blink: :blink: :blink: ???

ATP meltdown in 3...2...1....

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP, why do you insist that the phrase in 2 Peter 2:20-22 KJV, "they have escaped the pollutions of this world", refers to lost people who continue in their lost condition by preaching falsely?

Do you not realize that if they have "escaped the pollutions of this world" then they are no longer polluted, and the only way to be cleansed of that pollution is to be "cleansed by His blood"?

No, ATP, these were people who were cleansed of the pollutions of this world be accepting the salvation of Christ, but turned away from it and the fate that was theirs before they accepted salvation will be less severe than the fate that awaits them for walking away from Christ, a most woeful and unfortunate calamity.

Give up this false idea of OSAS, brother, for it is the idea that dead faith can obtain that which only can be obtained by living faith: eternal life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Looks as if my daughter is going to have to break our appointment...my little five year old grandson evidently got into an argument with a teenager on the school bus...
Kids, huh?
So...what the heck...might as well see how things are cooking with my favorite people....

Status
Not open for further replies.