Salvation in 7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No references to redemption are made within the text of Genesis 1 & 2 and, although other types of testimony are mounting to the sky, absolutely no evidence to the contrary has been offered.

• Sad
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No references to redemption are made within the text of Genesis 1 & 2 and, although other types of testimony are mounting to the sky, absolutely no evidence to the contrary has been offered.

Such a statement is 'antichrist' and comes not from the Holy Spirit.

All religions deviate from CHRIST in some way so as to bring God's People into error and division, no matter how slight.

God's Grace gave to us Faithful Witnesses who Testify to, the Word who was God in the Beginning, and all that the Word IS to us.

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Whenever a person or group seeks to elevate a 'commandment' above the First Commandment, the trap of religion/salvation by works/ even idolatry are laid for the unsuspecting.

The most obvious of this is the Roman Catholic Church but is not limited to her, as we see this in the false doctrines of jw's.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, probably Even...

"According as He Hath Chosen us In Him ...before the foundation of the world, that​
we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us​
unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ To Himself, according to the Good​
Pleasure of His Will, To The Praise Of The Glory Of His Grace, Wherein He Hath​
Made us Accepted In The Beloved." (Ephesians 1:4-6)​
Amen.​
No one here has ever even hinted that the plan of redemption was hatched like an egg at some point of contingency along a linear timeframe. Before Christ was born (one mystery of mysteries) God exists/ed entirely in eternity and has/had all the foreknowledge that commonly believed omniscience affords.

These imaginary heresies made entirely of straw that keep popping their heads out of endless rabbit holes are nothing but distractions from the subject matter of the thread.

Reactions: Brakelite

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

my Brother Barney,

Today is the 7th day of the week and yet you violate the Commandment.

“If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
Isaiah 58:13-14

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one here has ever even hinted that the plan of redemption was hatched like an egg at some point of contingency along a linear timeframe. Before Christ was born (one mystery of mysteries) God exists/ed entirely in eternity and has/had all the foreknowledge that commonly believed omniscience affords.

These imaginary heresies made entirely of straw that keep popping their heads out of endless rabbit holes are nothing but distractions from the subject matter of the thread.
You just contradicted yourself and spoke evil of your neighbor without evidence and you did this on the Sabbath which is contrary to God.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only speak for myself, but my denomination's official expressed belief about the divinity of Christ, with which I have no disagreement as far as I can tell, can be found here:

This article I concur with friend, and could worship with you.

Post # 38, I think you feel my intention is not to condemn nor cause hurt to any.

Yes I would very much like to understand why we seem divided by denominations among the whole of Christendom.

Is the word not this,
Ephesians 4:5-6 KJV
one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I can understand the contentions of understanding but not of doctrine.
Hebrews6
1] Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, [2] Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

2 John 1:9
“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.”

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will take leave of your thread David.
At this point, I can add nothing and I feel misunderstandings will rise here as well.
May the grace of God be shed broadly in all your hearts and may you all love with Godly and brotherly love !

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will take leave of your thread David.
At this point, I can add nothing and I feel misunderstandings will rise here as well.
May the grace of God be shed broadly in all your hearts and may you all love with Godly and brotherly love !
You wonderfully added the Truth.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Thread is about the Truth found in Genesis that speaks of Christ.

Genesis chapter 1:1-3 begins with this Truth.

Our LORD Jesus Christ and the Apostles John and Paul verified this Truth.

Apostle John = "In the Beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God"

"The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world.
He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become sons of God— children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God."

@BarneyFife and @Brakelite disagree with this Truth = see Post #41

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The "thus sayeth the LORD" Scriptures are:
a.) Genesis 2:1-3
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
And by the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on that day He rested from all His work.
Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on that day He rested from all the work of creation that He had accomplished.

b.) John 5:16-18
For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”
Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. (all jw's take note)
So you think Jesus actually broke the Sabbath. In other words He transgressed His own 4th commandment.
c.) John 4:34
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
(this should be a 'eureka' moment right here)
The context of the above statement from Jesus is in sharing gospel truth. No connection to creation. Two completely different events beating no relation to one another.
d.) John 19:28-30
After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!”
Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth.
So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished! And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
What was finished? Did you realize that the moment He shed His blood, the new covenant was ratified, and He them rested in the grave on the Sabbath? A NT observing of the Sabbath, rising again on the first day?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IMO , Jesus is the fulfilling
Jesus fulfilled the law. What does that actually mean to you? Does that mean you now no longer need to? Does it mean that Jesus proved it could be done in human flesh, therefore leaving no excuse for others? Or does it simply mean that Jesus met all the legal requirements and criteria of the law in becoming the sacrificial Lamb as atonement for sin, meaning we now no longer need experience the second death?

Can y'all read the following prayerfully and carefully, and tell us your conclusion as it relates to our observing or keeping the commandments.

KJV Romans 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Be careful now, because what you claim as being relevant for one commandment applies to all according to James.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interested in who you are aiming your shotgun at.
General reminders . What i find rather interesting myself
is this change occuring in both you and barney .
If you dont mind me asking , have the SA suddenly went more
into down playing warnings and reminders and are now focusing more on trying to ease up
and rather trying to find more ways to get along . I have watched you both this last year
and i am seeing this change occuring . Just a friendly question is all .
Have you leaders downtoned things a bit and are now focusing more differently
on what they claim might help win souls or etc .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
into down playing warnings and reminders and are now focusing more on trying to ease up
and rather trying to find more ways to get along . I have watched you both this last year

have either one of you heard any phrases like finding common ground in your churches .
Or anything about building bridges . Just a friendly question .

Amigo, I'm afraid you haven't evaded the misinformation campaign that surrounds Adventism (and other churches, for that matter, I'm sure).

Contrary to the cult-like characterization that is commonly held, my 33-year experience has been that studious Adventists are encouraged (not so much by the church hierarchy itself as by the effect of common modalities of study—which seems to me as it should be) to be very zealous for individual and personal religious liberty (You've seen me talk about this before, if you recall).

This results in very independent thinking and acting and virtually always protects individual members from the occasional trend or initiative that might be contra-indicated in Scripture.

(One exception to this rule can be local conference-level church employees—pastors; teachers; administrators, etc.—who are un- or half-converted and at once find themselves at odds with both their church government and their employer. These folks generally have a rough time of it without having the Rock of Christ upon which to plant their feet. Guilty or innocent of whatever they find or reckon themselves charged, no man can prosper without the Foundation of true religion.)

Some will always find a drumbeat to follow and the Adventist church is not without its prevailing drumbeats. Many within the church have their eyes so tenaciously glued to what the Pope is up to that they can't be bothered to look at Jesus for a moment or two.

There's a fellow on YouTube who is so obsessed with the two or three abortions that Adventist hospitals are forced to perform every year that you can practically see the spiritual vacuum in his eyes.

But religious liberty is at the very heart of the Adventist movement and, if cherished, leads to a tendency to think critically and analytically that I haven't found anywhere else. One major contributor to this is the health message, which lends so much vigor to the mental and physical faculties as to be immeasurable.

There are many issues within Adventism that are varied and debated, but this never stops the mission from advancing. A new church is being raised every 2 hours and a new member is baptized every 20 seconds.

Sometimes "change," like proverbial beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, Amigo. And the changes you are talking about have always been seen (or, more often, just perceived) and gossiped about by individuals and groups inside the church and outside it.

The LORD's organized church is not scattered. And we are not seeking to unite with other denominations for unity's sake. All who hold common beliefs of the Everlasting Gospel and the Truth for this time as it is in Jesus are invited with open arms to join our ranks. All who do not are every bit as much souls for whom Christ also died.

Anti-religion and anti-denominationalism is the latest fad in Christianity and you seem not to have escaped that one, either, my friend.

Of course, these are just "general reminders," or "friendly questions," if I might be afforded such a luxury.

Let the misrepresentations of my intentions begin.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amigo de christo hey my friend, there isn't much I can add to what Barney has said, but I will say this. The SDA church is made up of people, and people generally are a flawed species, and one finds them everywhere. Even in our denomination.
Historically, our church has evolved. I was reading just today in one of our own magazines, how a few of our church's missionaries in the latter part of the 19th century, in certain countries, got caught up in colonialism, being used by leaders such a Cecil Rhodes in Zimbabwe (Rhodesia), as political pawns, and were less than ideally motivated when it came to protesting the abuses and crimes perpetrated on indigenous communities.
And yes, even in our own denomination there are one or two leaders who are a little too close to the ecumenical movement than many would prefer, despite the clearly defined understanding we have of the prophetic ramifications of being too close to Rome. Ellen White herself said, one step toward Rome is a step toward apostasy.
So no. Our prophetic mission and calling is sure. But we have also never lost sight of the gospel being an integral part of the prophetic message we bear. See Revelation 14:6-12.
Have Barney and I softened our worldview in order to appear less objectionable? I hope not. Truth will always remain the truth, and we have a responsibility to ensure that everyone is given an opportunity to hear it. I cannot speak specifically for my friend Barney, but maybe we have chosen to realign our focus in keeping with the current times in which we live. Perhaps our individual calling is redirecting our focus to a more relational perspective than a hard core warning of impending doom and mayhem. Or maybe God has revealed to you that Barney and I are, despite our previous forays into the boxing ring, just lovable and cute and as cuddly as the next person.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Brakelite @BarneyFife

Good Morning my Brothers in the LORD Jesus Christ

TODAY is Sunday.
Sunday is not the 7th day of the week.
Sunday did not replace Saturday.
Sunday is not the 'new' christian sabbath day and there are no such commandments in the Bible to state such.
Saturday worship is not a commandment that must be obeyed for Salvation = Colosians chapters 1 & 2

"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power."
"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come,
but the substance is of Christ."

Why do some Blood Washed Saints worship on Saturday, others on Sunday, and others get together on Monday thru Friday?

Because CHRIST is God's Sabbath REST whereby we are SAVED = no day of the week can do this for a man/woman

CHRIST is the SALVATION spoken of beginning in Genesis chapter 1

Therefore, since CHRIST is Salvation HE also is God's REST as prophesied by God in Genesis chapters 1, 2 and 3.

This is the TRUTH(Holy Spirit hermeneutics) that God calls us to = John chapter 1

Genesis (the Beginning) 1:1-3 contains all 3 Elohim that is essential for Salvation = remove anyone and you have no Gospel/Salvation
a.) God/Word
b.) Spirit
c.) Light

Gospel of John(the Beginning) chapter 1 beginning in verse 1
a.) God/Word
b.) Spirit
c.) Light

The HOLY SPIRIT thru the Apostle John irrefutably confirms:
a.) the Pre-Existence of Christ as God(Elohim)
b.) the Plan of Redemption is in the Word from the Beginning = John 1:1-13
c.) the Holy Spirit is also part of the Plan of Redemption from the Beginning = John chapters 1-4 and continuing

• Love