"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't make this about me . . . look to the Scripture.

The Jews practiced water baptism, but Paul did not continue water baptism into the church. He specifically stated that. Just as he also specifically stated that there is "one baptism", and that we who are baptized are baptized into Christ, into His death and burial.

Many water baptized, and still do. Tradition and extra-curricular teaching do not replace or change Scripture. Paul had even himself continued briefly to water baptize, but then stopped, lest he confuse the matter for others, that they might think that Paul himself had something to do with their salvation, or some other error.

1 Corinthians 1:13-19 KJV
13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14) I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15) Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16) And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV
4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Romans 6:3-4 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Much love!
Not making it about you Marks. I am making it about the lies you have been told by your protestant men.

It is a complete lie that Paul did not continue water baptism. That is what YOUR protestant men have taught you. It is not what Scripture teaches. And, to boot, some Christian historical writings that were written while Paul was still alive even say WATER BAPTISM.

In summary: Scripture and your own Christian history refutes what your men have taught you.

I give you the Truth....in much love.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about?

Why do I need a defense?

I already shared with you and many here earlier too. It’s okay do whatever it is that helps you get by. If you are baptizing people in the name of the father, son and Holy Ghost great!

It doesn’t make you or anyone else better than a person who never had water baptism done. It’s just a religious rule people hold on to, which Christ really already fulfilled.
You need a defense because Scripture says you do: 1 Peter 3:15

Anyone who fulfills the commandments of Him makes them a better person. Then you are one with Him. John 17:21

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A man is powerfully convicted of his sin by the Spirit. He sinks to his knees, tears streaming down his cheeks. He cries out to God for forgiveness of his sins and asks Christ into his life as his saviour. How will God respond? Will he say to the man:
''I will forgive you, but not yet, only when you have been baptised in water''

Doesn't sound right to me

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, Jesus Christ heals the soul (the mind/will/emotion) totally agree. Marymog.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man is powerfully convicted of his sin by the Spirit. He sinks to his knees, tears streaming down his cheeks. He cries out to God for forgiveness of his sins and asks Christ into his life as his saviour. How will God respond? Will he say to the man:
''I will forgive you, but not yet, only when you have been baptised in water''

Doesn't sound right to me

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many (apparently) didn't get the memo. :(
Here is the earliest memo from your Christian ancestors. This memo was written BEFORE some of the NT books while Paul, who said he baptized, was still alive. You and @marks should read it and stop reading the writings (memos) of your Protestant 16th century men:

Didache Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism. And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

Mic drop....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it I see so much ridicule and speaking down to others?

Much love!
You see it because you read it. Stop reading it and you won't see it. ;)

Honestly, I do ridicule. Why? Because no matter how much Scripture OR historical Christian proof via writings of the historical ancient Church I produce to backup what I believe.....you protestants stick to what you have been taught. I commend you for standing by your men. But standing by your men in spite of all the facts I present deserves ridicule (your word, not mine). It will get worse when you stand at the pearly gates and ask to be let in.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact it does, I'm certain you know the passage.

Much love!
Marks, You crack me up.

There is not ONE passage that teaches about baptism. There are MULTIPLE passages that speak about baptism. AND we have historical Christian writings on how the 1st century Christians practiced baptism.

Putting those MULTIPLE passages from Scripture together and into context AND combine that with your own Christian history.....what your men have taught you is wrong.

The passages you provided are NOT all the passages concerning baptism AND how it is practiced. Cherry pick scripture all you want to fit what you believe. The Church chooses to look at ALL of Scripture.

MUCH love...with the truth...Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the earliest memo from your Christian ancestors. This memo was written BEFORE some of the NT books while Paul, who said he baptized, was still alive. You and @marks should read it and stop reading the writings (memos) of your Protestant 16th century men:

Didache Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism. And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

Mic drop....
We are not reading the words of men. Obviously, you are.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I commend you for standing by your men.
Call it what you want, I can say the same to you. "You hold to men who don't hold to the Bible", but for what? It's saying nothing. So I don't bother.

I hold to Scripture as the authorative word of God, and this is what it says. We have one baptism, and that baptism is into Christ, not into water. The Jews practiced water baptism, but Paul did not carry it forward into the church. He did practice water baptism initially, but stopped, to prevent erroneous ideas from entering in, ideas that would take away from the cross of Christ.

Peter affirms that baptism isn't about washing the body with water, but it's about a clean conscience, the removal of our guilt, justification wrought being baptized into Jesus Christ, into His death and burial.

These things are straight from Scripture.

Much love!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the Jews water baptized, but Paul did not continue water baptism into the church.

It's just a simple fact of life.

Much love!
Complete lie. Paul said he baptized. Or are you saying Paul lied?

But let's go with the theory your were taught by your men that Paul did not continue water baptism. Are you an Apostle of Paul? If Paul didn't water baptize then no one else should and none of the other Apostles did?

One of you says, “I follow Paul"; another, “I follow Apollos"; another, “I follow Cephas"; still another, “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

It is with much love I give you the truth and destroy what your men have taught you with Scripture AND logic.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
prolly not even very close, sorry
Not making it about you Marks. I am making it about the lies you have been told by your protestant men.

It is a complete lie that Paul did not continue water baptism. That is what YOUR protestant men have taught you. It is not what Scripture teaches. And, to boot, some Christian historical writings that were written while Paul was still alive even say WATER BAPTISM.

In summary: Scripture and your own Christian history refutes what your men have taught you.

still putting out your opinion as truth, huh mary?
lol, ok
but fwiw i suggest that you havent understood the spiritual implications of "water, baptism" yet
and you might just be propagating some lies you were told too!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks, You crack me up.

There is not ONE passage that teaches about baptism. There are MULTIPLE passages that speak about baptism. AND we have historical Christian writings on how the 1st century Christians practiced baptism.

Putting those MULTIPLE passages from Scripture together and into context AND combine that with your own Christian history.....what your men have taught you is wrong.

The passages you provided are NOT all the passages concerning baptism AND how it is practiced. Cherry pick scripture all you want to fit what you believe. The Church chooses to look at ALL of Scripture.

MUCH love...with the truth...Mary

It is a complete lie that Paul did not continue water baptism.
That is what YOUR protestant men have taught you. It is not what Scripture teaches. And, to boot, some Christian historical writings that were written while Paul was still alive even say WATER BAPTISM.

marks said:

Do you truly not know the passage we're talking about? Whether or not Paul continued to water baptize?

Much love!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call it what you want, I can say the same to you. "You hold to men who don't hold to the Bible", but for what? It's saying nothing. So I don't bother.

Much love!
Lol...soooooo my men don't hold to the bible, but YOUR men do???????????????? :Ohpleze:

You crack me up marks. I gave you multiple passages from scripture to back up what I said. What have you given me? Your opinion and some passages from Scripture that loosly fit what you have been taught.

Your killing me marks....your killing me.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prolly not even very close, sorry

still putting out your opinion as truth, huh mary?
lol, ok
but fwiw i suggest that you havent understood the spiritual implications of "water, baptism" yet
and you might just be propagating some lies you were told too!
Still trolling, troll man?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:

Do you truly not know the passage we're talking about? Whether or not Paul continued to water baptize?

Much love!
No, I don't marks. Why don't you teach me.....patient mary

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your opinion and some passages from Scripture that loosly fit what you have been taught.
Still more characterization, again, just anyone can do that. Anyone. It's meaningless. The Scriptures I've alluded to, I'm certain you, a veteran debater on this topic, I'm certain you know the ones, just as I do, I've said what they've said, not more and not less, that's all.

Much love!