"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God and God alone saves the believer and keeps the believer saved.

Yes.
And not based on anything but Christ's sacrifice.

If you leave it there, you are speaking the truth.
But once you try to manipulate that Cross into.....'"as long as"....Then you have denied "born again"... and Have denied that God through Christ "keeps the believer saved"., as you have shifted the CROSS unto the person's behavior or thinking or doing.

If you can see this, you will be able to stop doing that..

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"whatever is not of faith is Sin".
Right?
And you just wrote that "sins are not held to a person's account"
OMGosh, lol. How is committing a sin and not having it held to your account, legally speaking in regard to salvation, somehow contradictory?????

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, you teach in hundreds of posts that "Losing faith", = losing Salvation, ... yet losing Faith, is just another sin that is not counted to the believer, you just posted.
So, your Salvation theology, is backwards, cross denying, self righteous, and confused., all at once.
Did you forget that denying Christ is the ONE sin that is unforgivable?

You can't have the benefit of a salvation that you do not believe and trust in. That's just simple logic.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How to spot the heretic"

Remember that one?
I wrote more then one of those...

A.) If they believe that they can lose their Salvation.... = you found one.
Well, thank you for your opinion, and it will be noted as such.
What does it matter? The unbelieving person is going to the fiery place whether they ever really believed or not. So your contention that you've based your whole Christian life on is a big NOTHING. It's meaningless. Start talking about and encouraging people in what actually counts!! Start building the temple of God with imperishable stones that can withstand the coming fire. Stop building with straw!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
And not based on anything but Christ's sacrifice.

If you leave it there, you are speaking the truth.
But once you try to manipulate that Cross into.....'"as long as"....Then you have denied "born again"... and Have denied that God through Christ "keeps the believer saved"., as you have shifted the CROSS unto the person's behavior or thinking or doing.

If you can see this, you will be able to stop doing that..
Again, I CHALLENGE you to produce the scripture that says believing in the blood of Christ is a self-righteous work of damnation. I will send $50.00 to your ministry if you would just do that, please. I will highlight in my Bible. I will admit I was wrong and I will make post after post about how the necessity to be a present tense believer in the blood of Christ in order to be saved is a works gospel that can not save.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
OMGosh, lol. How is committing a sin and not having it held to your account, legally speaking in regard to salvation, somehow contradictory?????

You cant have it both ways.. as you try to keep it always wrong.

If you post that all sin is forgiven, then say that "not holding unto faith is a sin"...... then "all sin"< including "what is not of FAITH". or "Not holding unto faith... is forgiven.

Let me give you a verse to at least put in your head, next to the other stuff.

"if WE, the born again are FAITHLESS.......God remains faithful"....2 Timothy 2:13

How?

""""God, who began salvation is all the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL =to complete it"'. Philippians 1:6

Even for the faithless, who have "fallen from Grace".... Ferris.

Salvation is GOD's gift, but its also GOD's responsibility.
He died to provide it, and He is "faithful to complete it" for all the born again.
It is completed in us Ferris.... When we are Born again.....

Welcome to Eternal Security. Its eternally based on GOD's Faithfulness.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and God alone saves the believer and keeps the believer saved.

Not true without the FACT of Conversion.
Believers can believe, stop believing....
The Converted has heartful Belief, BODY becomes DEAD, THEN>>>>>THEN>>>>>>
The Lord God SAVES them and KEEPS them SAVED.

But if you have finally found that verse that says faith in the blood of Christ is you trying to keep yourself saved I would certainly like to repent and stop trying to keep myself saved through the self-righteous work of faith in the blood of Christ shed on the cross. I'll even highlight that verse in my Bible.

Believers....NOT CONVERTED....try to keep themselves, by their own power, stamina, will, hope, some even say their works...to keep themselves from falling from faith.
They can STILL commit sin.

Don’t you SEE the difference between ^^^ THAT guy and a Converted man?
Why a Believers CAN fall from Faith?
Why a Believer IS NOT SAVED?
AND
A Converted man CAN NOT fall from Faith?
Why a Converted man IS SAVED?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not true without the FACT of Conversion.
Believers can believe, stop believing....
The Converted has heartful Belief, BODY becomes DEAD, THEN>>>>>THEN>>>>>>
The Lord God SAVES them and KEEPS them SAVED.

Believers....NOT CONVERTED....try to keep themselves, by their own power, stamina, will, hope, some even say their works...to keep themselves from falling from faith.
They can STILL commit sin.

Don’t you SEE the difference between ^^^ THAT guy and a Converted man?
Why a Believers CAN fall from Faith?
Why a Believer IS NOT SAVED?
AND
A Converted man CAN NOT fall from Faith?
Why a Converted man IS SAVED?
@Taken I love Philippians 1.6: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Eternal salvation, is.Eternal.:Broadly:

By definition salvation (being the gift of eternal life), is forever.

Still, there are many who are confused by the ongoing sin of people who claim to be saved. This is a great misunderstanding-- but it does not mean that salvation can be lost. And yes, there are many scriptures that can be cherry picked and presented to argue the point...but that does not take anyone who is actually saved, having been born [again] of the spirit of God, out of His hand, or that they can loose their salvation, because: It is no longer you who live, but God who lives-- salvation means you gave you life to God...and God is forever.

Yes, there are many ways you can ho hum your way around thinking about actually giving your life to God, but if and when you totally do surrender your life to God and give it to Him, it is finished: You are forever "in God" and He in you--and He is forever.

"God is the same yesterday, today, and forever."​

So...now the matter of ongoing sin:

Just as Peter, having been "washed clean" by Christ, was embodied by Satan, causing Jesus to say "Get behind me Satan" to Peter...after we are born again of the spirit of God we can sin in the flesh without loosing our salvation-- Why? Because "we are alive and remain" in the world. This is the stumbling block that causes people to believe they can lose their salvation. But, again, this is a misunderstanding of what actually occurs. At no other time in history, not even those times when most of the scriptures were written, have people died and lived on in the flesh. These are those times...and the terms are different. And yes, it is written of in the scriptures-- If you don't know of them, keep searching, nocking, and asking.

Nonetheless, if you are saved, having been born again of the spirit of God, it is no longer you who lives, but God who lives...and He is forever. While you remain in the world...your old flesh is still subject to death and decay..and sin. But that body of flesh is passing away, just as all the world is passing away...and this is why we are counselled to remain faithful to the end--because it is as if we have been left in the grave, in death...without which we could not survive without faith and the knowledge that it is no longer we who live, but God who lives in us.

And we are here to serve--that is why we are left in the world...not to act out of our fleshly old bodies, but rather, to walk in the newness of life-- that life we have been given in the Spirit. Walk in the spirit.

So, yes, it is a daily labor to keep the old flesh under subordination of the spirit of God. But it is in Him that we have the strength to do so.

Until the End.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t HOLD ON to my Faith, AS IF it can SLIP AWAY.
"18Timothy, my child, I entrust you with this command in keeping with the previous prophecies about you, so that by them you may fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith." 1 Timothy 1:18-19
I don’t HOLD ON to my Faith, AS IF it can SLIP AWAY.
The POWER OF GOD ...... IN ME ...... DOES the Works.
"10I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to Him in His death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:10-14

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONE works a man CAN DO.....which IS Heartfully BELIEVE.
ONE service a man CAN DO...which IS Heartfully CONFESS Belief.
We can tell if a man is doing that believing and is saved by his work:

"9...we are convinced of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation. 10For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so. 11We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. " Hebrews 6:9-11
OSAS is meaningless if you aren't even saved in the first place.
And you know you are saved by your works. The "things that accompany salvation" confirm one's calling and election, not one's lip service to the gospel. That's the dead faith that James says can not save. It can not save because it's not real faith. If it was it'd have the "things that accompany salvation", righteous works of love, especially for believers, the church, Jesus' brothers.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
Do you believe, A man Converted IN Christ, can “commit/practice” SIN?

Without a doubt they can. Solomon Gods elite spiritual king fell to false god worship. The whole nation of Israel fell over and over and lost Gods favor.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MORTALS, agree, ARE imperfect.
What about a mortal, WHO willingly Gives His Body unto Death unto God?
In your opinion, Is that man “perfected” ?

TY.

Only if he is serving the true living God-YHWH(Jehovah) the Abrahamic God= a single being God. No he is not perfected, not until the resurrection and the 1000 year reign of Christ turns everything back to perfection.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal salvation, is.Eternal.:Broadly:
Amen!
That's a good reason to hold fast to it!

"23Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess." Hebrews 4:14

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you post that all sin is forgiven, then say that "not holding unto faith is a sin"...... then "all sin"< including "what is not of FAITH". or "Not holding unto faith... is forgiven.
I don't remember if I addressed this.
Not holding on in faith is called UNBELIEF. It's a rejection of Christ. That is the one sin that is unforgivable.

Reactions: Charlie24

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me give you a verse to at least put in your head, next to the other stuff.

"if WE, the born again are FAITHLESS.......God remains faithful"....2 Timothy 2:13

How?

""""God, who began salvation is all the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL =to complete it"'. Philippians 1:6

'Being faithless' can't be the sin of rejecting/denying Christ.
Right in the passage Paul talks about the person who does that and what will happen to them:

if we deny Him,
He will also deny us;
if we are faithless,
He remains faithful

2 Timothy 2:12-13

In the passage, being faithless HAS to mean something different than an outright denial and rejection of Christ and the gospel as you are saying 'being faithless' means. We know that because the outcome for denying him and for being faithless is different.
The person who denies Christ will himself be denied. You can not deny Christ in unbelief and be saved. But the believing person who is faithless can and will be forgiven and remains in the faithfulness of the Lord. The faithless person to whom Christ remains faithful is the believing but weak, or ignorant sinning saint. They aren't sinning in a deliberate unbelieving rejection of the gospel. They're sinning in the failures seen in the saint growing up into the image and stature of Christ. Christ loves them as sons and daughters and remains faithful to them despite the failures associated with learning to walk as He did.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As long as you don't deny him in unbelief (assuming that's possible) He will indeed complete what he has started in you despite all the skinned elbows and bumps on the head along the way.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is GOD's gift, but its also GOD's responsibility.
He died to provide it, and He is "faithful to complete it" for all the born again.
It is completed in us Ferris.... When we are Born again.
Yes, he is faithful to BORN AGAIN BELIEVING PEOPLE, not people who turn away from him in unbelief, denying him. He will deny the person who does that. It doesn't matter if that person was ever really born again or not. Think what you want about that, it doesn't matter, because no Christ rejecting unbeliever will in any way shape or form inherit the kingdom. Christ will deny them to their face at the resurrection.