• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott click to open to read all of it I answered in your quote.
Addressing #4

Again you contradict scripture, saying that He was seen in His transformed spiritual body of flesh and bone, when the scriptures say that when we see Him we will "be like Him." This is a contradiction - no man is like Him, there is no other.

No, the only way that the scriptures can be fulfilled as they are written, is if the transformation is completely from the flesh (and bone) that is passing away, to the spirit of God. That, seeing that He is now with the Father whom is only spirit, He is in the Father and we are in Him, "all in all"...as the scriptures say.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing #2

I do follow what you are saying and do understand the scriptures. Still, you have admitted that Jesus has transformed to be as the Father, which is spirit. But have held to your idea of flesh and bone, indicating that He has not. This is a contradiction.

Even if you were to say that Christ still exists in flesh and bone in the world within those who are His, this does not fit the biblical description of "Christ in me", which is in spirit and not flesh and bone. Furthermore, that would be limited to this old world which is passing away...and would not fit the biblical description of "Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever."
thans for the response, #1. you said, "Still, you have admitted that Jesus has transformed to be as the Father, which is spirit". again you're missing what I have said. the Lord Jesus did not transform himself, but the body he dwelled in was transformed. spirits don't transform, they can be tranform. understand Scott that body that temple, that tabernacle is a tent or a covering for the spirit.
second, yes, I have held to the flesh and bone transformed, I haven't changed. now if you have any verse that say different posted it.
next you said, "Even if you were to say that Christ still exists in flesh and bone in the world within those who are His, this does not fit the biblical description of "Christ in me". YES it do, Christ is a Spirit that have a body, scripture, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". did you get that?, the spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ. the Spirit of Christ is GOD. see your mistake. now tell us Scott is there two Spirit, and notice the capital "S" in both Spirits.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing #3

Again, you contradict scripture, saying "THAT BODY", when Paul has made it clear it "Is not that body."
not that body of flesh and BLOOD, but that body resurrected without BLOOD. see now?. understand Scott a resurrected body is simply a body dominated by the Spirit. meaning it have no limitations. and the Lord Jesus have "THAT KIND of BODY NOW". he's the first-fruit with a body. notice John was in the Spirit, but even in the Spirit the Lord Jesus TOUCHED him, Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last". now Scott this was in the Spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott click to open to read all of it I answered in your quote.
Addressing #5

You have only described what is true in the world, that which is "passing away"...not in "the new heaven and earth." Nor have you show the "flesh and bone of Christ" which you claim.

At each turn, you return to the flesh and to the world, rather than the spirit only, which is the very essence of God. Why should anyone listen to one who preaches the words of that which is passing away...as if it were not?

"God is spirit." The future is only His "all in all."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understand Scott God is a Spirit with a body. now I'll be out for a few, but until then please address, Luke 24:50 "And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven". so please tell us how is a spirit is carried up to heaven?. but remember he's already given his spirit to the FATHER, so what and how was it carried up.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, thanks for the response, but a question to your reply where do the kingdom of God come from?,
As I said, there is no place on some cosmic map that says "You are here" regarding the kingdom of God. That kind of thinking is of the world which exists in outer darkness. "Eye has not seen" the where there, for it is in God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Scott,you said, "As I said, there is no place on some cosmic map that says "You are here" regarding the kingdom of God. That kind of thinking is of the world which exists in outer darkness. "Eye has not seen" the where there". did not the Lord Jesus states that his Kingdom is not of this
world?. can he lie? God forbid. now Scott if the Kingdom comes, and it did, where from, and he also stated that NO MAN have "ascended" into heaven except he that came from heaven. so again I ask where did he ascend to?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, after reading your post #1148, I see your problem on the ascension. you said, “Christ ate fish after he rose bodily from the dead...but he did not eat fish after the resurrection which is his ascension”.

CORRECTION, his resurrection is not the his ascension into heaven, yes his ascension from preaching to the spirits in prison is his ascension from there, which he ascended back from the dead on earth and resurrected his body that he left in the grave. Maybe it is these two ascension you are getting mixed up on.
UNDERSTAND, the ascension from the prison of those in spirit is the resurrection that he returned to IN SPIRIT, because he left his body in the tomb on earth. but once returned, or ascended he resurrected his body and GLORIFIED it. then he ate and and was touched. when he told Mary I have not ascended to the Father, he had not left earth. so while on earth in that glorified he did eat. and when he left he took that body, "WITHOUT BLOOD" into heaven.

hope that helped.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, After you address my Post #1289 above, I will reveal this UNION you have denied. Yes that resurrected Flesh body and it's Spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thans for the response, #1. you said, "Still, you have admitted that Jesus has transformed to be as the Father, which is spirit". again you're missing what I have said. the Lord Jesus did not transform himself, but the body he dwelled in was transformed. spirits don't transform, they can be tranform. understand Scott that body that temple, that tabernacle is a tent or a covering for the spirit.
second, yes, I have held to the flesh and bone transformed, I haven't changed. now if you have any verse that say different posted it.
Ecclesiastes 12:7
"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it."

This indicates no glorification of the flesh, but rather a discarding of it, in the process of being "raised" above this earthly plain. Remember, Jesus "lowered" Himself, and has "returned" to the Father whom is spirit. Nonetheless, by the above scripture, it is obvious that you are mixing the fate of that which is "born of water", with that which is "born of the spirit of God." The scripture indicates a complete separation of the two.
next you said, "Even if you were to say that Christ still exists in flesh and bone in the world within those who are His, this does not fit the biblical description of "Christ in me". YES it do, Christ is a Spirit that have a body, scripture, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". did you get that?, the spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ. the Spirit of Christ is GOD. see your mistake. now tell us Scott is there two Spirit, and notice the capital "S" in both Spirits.
That is not at all the point. But rather that those who are in Christ have died to the flesh and have been born again of the spirit of God. Again, you are mixing the two, as they are mixed in the world, but not in the kingdom. "Flesh" "cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not that body of flesh and BLOOD, but that body resurrected without BLOOD. see now?. understand Scott a resurrected body is simply a body dominated by the Spirit. meaning it have no limitations. and the Lord Jesus have "THAT KIND of BODY NOW". he's the first-fruit with a body. notice John was in the Spirit, but even in the Spirit the Lord Jesus TOUCHED him, Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last". now Scott this was in the Spirit.
You are assuming the current body of Jesus is a body of flesh without blood, and doing so against the scriptures: "Flesh" "cannot inherit the kingdom of God." "The flesh returns to dust"

You are also referring to His body after He rose from the dead, but before He ascended (changed). As He said, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecclesiastes 12:7
"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it."

This indicates no glorification of the flesh, but rather a discarding of it, in the process of being "raised" above this earthly plain. Remember, Jesus "lowered" Himself, and has "returned" to the Father whom is spirit. Nonetheless, by the above scripture, it is obvious that you are mixing the fate of that which is "born of water", with that which is "born of the spirit of God." The scripture indicates a complete separation of the two.
first thanks for the response, but ERROR on your part. you said, "This indicates no glorification of the flesh, but rather a discarding of it, in the process of being "raised" above this earthly plain". not of the flesh BUT IN IT, scripture, Acts 2:31 "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption". so you can't use that excuse. try again.
That is not at all the point. But rather that those who are in Christ have died to the flesh and have been born again of the spirit of God. Again, you are mixing the two, as they are mixed in the world, but not in the kingdom. "Flesh" "cannot inherit the kingdom of God."
Oh yes, that is the point, and 2 I'm not mixing nothing. we have the earnest of the Spirit now, while in vile flesh. and 3. if you think just because you're born again (of the Spirit) you have died to the flesh, and still living in this world, I suggest you read this, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us". that's why we have an intercessor, a Glorified man, an advocate. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous". Jesus Christ the righteous?, let's see who this is, 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus". not the spirit christ Jesus, but the man Christ Jesus. one more for sure, Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one". that's that Spirit who have a body, final proof, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily”. WAIT A MINUTE THE GODHEAD HAVE A BODY.
you have been reproved.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are assuming the current body of Jesus is a body of flesh without blood, and doing so against the scriptures: "Flesh" "cannot inherit the kingdom of God." "The flesh returns to dust"

You are also referring to His body after He rose from the dead, but before He ascended (changed). As He said, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father."
Scott, it never saw corruption. Acts 2:31 "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption". it didn't turn to dust.

I have answered you by scripture, now what about my post in #1286

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the response, but ERROR on your part. you said, "This indicates no glorification of the flesh, but rather a discarding of it, in the process of being "raised" above this earthly plain". not of the flesh BUT IN IT, scripture, Acts 2:31 "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption". so you can't use that excuse. try again.

Oh yes, that is the point, and 2 I'm not mixing nothing. we have the earnest of the Spirit now, while in vile flesh. and 3. if you think just because you're born again (of the Spirit) you have died to the flesh, and still living in this world, I suggest you read this, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us". that's why we have an intercessor, a Glorified man, an advocate. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous". Jesus Christ the righteous?, let's see who this is, 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus". not the spirit christ Jesus, but the man Christ Jesus. one more for sure, Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one". that's that Spirit who have a body, final proof, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily”. WAIT A MINUTE THE GODHEAD HAVE A BODY.
you have been reproved.
Now you are mixing what was true of Israel (the dead in Christ) who were not born again of the spirit of God, with the gentiles who have been born again. During those days, there were both - and you have not rightly divided the word.

On the contrary, "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

"There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body" and the two only cohabitate in the world - not in the kingdom.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, it never saw corruption. Acts 2:31 "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption". it didn't turn to dust.

I have answered you by scripture
You misunderstand the passage. You cannot have it both ways. He "lowered" Himself and borne "the sins of the world."

So, we can say that He did not commit any sin or corruption. But that is not what the passage refers to, but rather that He did not see [death]. His end was not death, but life.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you can't have it both ways. now, and he rose which is a basic foundation of the CHRISTIAN FAITH.
you said, "So, we can say that He did not commit any sin or corruption. But that is not what the passage refers to, but rather that He did not see [death]. His end was not death, but life".
NO WE CAN"T SAY THAT LET THE BIBLE SAY, 1 Peter 2:21 "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:22 "Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth". so Scott, just say what the scripture say. don't add to or take away from the word.

now you have been reproved again, now what about mu post 1286

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now what about my post in #1286
understand Scott God is a Spirit with a body. now I'll be out for a few, but until then please address, Luke 24:50 "And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven". so please tell us how is a spirit is carried up to heaven?. but remember he's already given his spirit to the FATHER, so what and how was it carried up.
Again: "There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

As for "how a spirit is carried up to heaven?", you have it wrong. This is the account of His ascension, that change from the flesh to spirit.

You assume that because He "appeared" to them through locked doors and was not always recognizable to them, and that He had risen from the dead, that He was already spirit, but He was not. Again, He made it clear, saying, "Do not cling to me for I have not yet ascended to my Father."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you can't have it both ways. now, and he rose which is a basic foundation of the CHRISTIAN FAITH.
you said, "So, we can say that He did not commit any sin or corruption. But that is not what the passage refers to, but rather that He did not see [death]. His end was not death, but life".
NO WE CAN"T SAY THAT LET THE BIBLE SAY, 1 Peter 2:21 "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:22 "Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth". so Scott, just say what the scripture say. don't add to or take away from the word.

now you have been reproved again, now what about mu post 1286
It is not I who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

I have answered you.

PS, please make a practice of using the "Reply" feature, so we don't have to guess what you are referring to.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you never use scripture, you always suggest or ask none scriptural question, and back up nothing at all with scripture. When you do use a scripture, I seen 1, the Ecclesiastes 12:7, which was easily reproved, anything else….. NOTHING. I have use scripture after scripture. But you, no scriptures at all from you, (please go back over your posts). instead of continue in van conversation, we will end it. not trying to convince you, but you seems not to have a Godly discussion. so I'll end this conversation.

but thanks anyway.