• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak as a man (of the world), accounting only for the flesh, that body born of water.
"Born of water"??
Perverting more Scripture, I see.

John 3:5 is about water Baptism - but that's an argument for another time.
YOU still need to address the question at hand:

WHEN did Jesus shed His glorified Body and become 100% spirit, as YOU contend??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have shown you many times - but speaking of dodges, what does that have to do with you mixing the terms of Jesus rising from the dead with His ascension and not understanding just what "appeared" for a witness?
If you've already shown me chapter and verse where Jesus sheds Hid glorified body - I must have missed it.
Can you point me to the post#?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Born of water"??
Perverting more Scripture, I see.
Of course you don't understand - this is the key to the ascension and entering the kingdom, which we have been talking about:

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
YOU still need to address the question at hand:

WHEN did Jesus shed His glorified Body and become 100% spirit, as YOU contend??
He did not shed His glorified body. But you have been more than haughty, speaking of His glorified body as being synonymous with the flesh, which it is not. And now that you have also made it clear that you do not have the answer yourself, but believe that the flesh is glorified, I will answer. As it is written:

"Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

"Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed.
"

...It is here for those to whom it is given. You, I am not convinced, are among them.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

"Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed.
"

...It is here for those to whom it is given. You, I am not convinced, are among them.
GINOLJC, to all. unto my brother Scott, I read your post, but I also cannot get it either on what you said here. the account given by you really proves that the Lord Jesus have a body. when Mary Magdalene grab his feet to worship him, that was proof enough right there after the resurrection. he said "TOUCH ME NOT" which means she was grasping or clinging to his feet. just as she grab his feet before, and just kept on kissing them when he went into the house of one the Pharisees. scripture, Luke 7:39 "Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner". here, the word TOUCH is use in the Luke account as well. touch is the Greek word, Greek word, G680 ἅπτομαι haptomai (hap'-to-mai) v. 1. (properly) to attach oneself to. Which is reflexive of G681 ἅπτω hapto (hap'-tō) v. which rendered the same as “clinging”, or "Holding on to”. and when the Lord Jesus used it with "STOP", one can clearly see it means "“stop clinging”, or Stop Holding on to” ME. understand, as they worship the Lord, by falling at our Lord’s feet, (Matthew 28:9 "And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him". see scott, the Lord Jesus was "HELD" by the feet, (PROOF AGAIN), by the telling of Mary "TOUCH ME NOT". because this Mary was away's holding and kissing his feet continually when she anointed his feet in the Pharisees house. scripture, Luke 7:45 "Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet". as there in the Luke account, so here at the tomb, she cling or was holding onto the feet of our Lord Jesus, hence his response, "TOUCH ME NOT" or stop clinging to me, I AM ALIVE. so this clearly shows that the Lord Jesus had a body to hold onto. just read the account in Luke.

once you read the account let me know if you understand it ok.

thanks peace in Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you don't understand - this is the key to the ascension and entering the kingdom, which we have been talking about:

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

And this verse is about water Baptism.
Just 2 chapters earlier, Jesus is baptized – and what do we see?? WATER and the HOLY SPIRIT (John 1:32).

Immediately following Jesus’s conversation with Nicodemus, what do we see?? We see Jesus and the Apostles BAPTIZING (John 3:22).

This has absolutely nothing to do with YOUR perversion that Jesus “shed” His glorified flesh before ascending to the Father.
He did not shed His glorified body. But you have been more than haughty, speaking of His glorified body as being synonymous with the flesh, which it is not. And now that you have also made it clear that you do not have the answer yourself, but believe that the flesh is glorified, I will answer. As it is written:
"

Not ONE iota of the verse you posted makes the false claim that YOU make.
Pay attention:

Matt. 26:29
I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

Jesus tells us that we will consume wine in Heaven with Him.
Spirits don’t consume ANYTHING physical

Acts 10:40-41
. . . but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, WHO ATE AND DRANK WITH HIM after he rose from the dead.

Luke 24:40-43
When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and HE TOOK IT AND ATE IT in their presence.

Jesus rose from the dead in His glorified body. He visited the Apostles and asked them for something to eat because He was hungry.
Spirits don’t eat ANYTHING nor do they have a need for it.

Your heresy is the same as Nestorius, who also attempted to divide Christ's two indivisible natures . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. unto my brother Scott, I read your post, but I also cannot get it either on what you said here. the account given by you really proves that the Lord Jesus have a body. when Mary Magdalene grab his feet to worship him, that was proof enough right there after the resurrection. he said "TOUCH ME NOT" which means she was grasping or clinging to his feet. just as she grab his feet before, and just kept on kissing them when he went into the house of one the Pharisees. scripture, Luke 7:39 "Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner". here, the word TOUCH is use in the Luke account as well. touch is the Greek word, Greek word, G680 ἅπτομαι haptomai (hap'-to-mai) v. 1. (properly) to attach oneself to. Which is reflexive of G681 ἅπτω hapto (hap'-tō) v. which rendered the same as “clinging”, or "Holding on to”. and when the Lord Jesus used it with "STOP", one can clearly see it means "“stop clinging”, or Stop Holding on to” ME. understand, as they worship the Lord, by falling at our Lord’s feet, (Matthew 28:9 "And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him". see scott, the Lord Jesus was "HELD" by the feet, (PROOF AGAIN), by the telling of Mary "TOUCH ME NOT". because this Mary was away's holding and kissing his feet continually when she anointed his feet in the Pharisees house. scripture, Luke 7:45 "Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet". as there in the Luke account, so here at the tomb, she cling or was holding onto the feet of our Lord Jesus, hence his response, "TOUCH ME NOT" or stop clinging to me, I AM ALIVE. so this clearly shows that the Lord Jesus had a body to hold onto. just read the account in Luke.

once you read the account let me know if you understand it ok.

thanks peace in Christ.
I do understand. All of these things are a clear distinction from that of His ascension, indicating specifically that He has been given authority over death and the world - even over our mortal bodies. Then...He goes to the Father. Two different acts.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do understand. All of these things are a clear distinction from that of His ascension, indicating specifically that He has been given authority over death and the world - even over out mortal bodies. Then...He goes to the Father. Two different acts.
First thanks for the response. his ascension?, Acts 1:1 "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God".
here Dr. Luke clearly say that he was A. seen. B. proved flesh and bone, by eating and drinking, walking and talking unto them. and one of the most infallible proof was with Thomas. listen, John 20:24-29 "But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed".

so I ask you Scott, why you don't believe?. blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. can't get any clearer that that. but this same Jesus ascended and the disciple "SAW" him ascend in bodily form. scripture, Acts 1:9-11 "And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven".

Scott, did you see how many time the scriptures stated that they "SAW" or "LOOK", or "SEEN" the Lord ascend?. my God Scott, how hard is it to understand. now if you cannot BELIEVE the scripture, I must end this conversation.

be blessed of the Lord.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this verse is about water Baptism.
Just 2 chapters earlier, Jesus is baptized – and what do we see?? WATER and the HOLY SPIRIT (John 1:32).

Immediately following Jesus’s conversation with Nicodemus, what do we see?? We see Jesus and the Apostles BAPTIZING (John 3:22).

This has absolutely nothing to do with YOUR perversion that Jesus “shed” His glorified flesh before ascending to the Father.

Not ONE iota of the verse you posted makes the false claim that YOU make.
Pay attention:

Matt. 26:29
I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

Jesus tells us that we will consume wine in Heaven with Him.
Spirits don’t consume ANYTHING physical

Acts 10:40-41
. . . but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, WHO ATE AND DRANK WITH HIM after he rose from the dead.

Luke 24:40-43
When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and HE TOOK IT AND ATE IT in their presence.

Jesus rose from the dead in His glorified body. He visited the Apostles and asked them for something to eat because He was hungry.
Spirits don’t eat ANYTHING nor do they have a need for it.

Your heresy is the same as Nestorius, who also attempted to divide Christ's two indivisible natures . . .
It is obvious that you cannot separate yourself from the worldly parable and foreshadows of things to come to consider the true meaning of what they are a shadow of, so get back to me if you ever wake up.

Meanwhile, I have had enough of your haughty hate and belligerence, and will continue this conversation with those who have better manners, or not at all.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the response. his ascension?, Acts 1:1 "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God".
here Dr. Luke clearly say that he was A. seen. B. proved flesh and bone, by eating and drinking, walking and talking unto them. and one of the most infallible proof was with Thomas. listen, John 20:24-29 "But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed".

so I ask you Scott, why you don't believe?. blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. can't get any clearer that that. but this same Jesus ascended and the disciple "SAW" him ascend in bodily form. scripture, Acts 1:9-11 "And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven".

Scott, did you see how many time the scriptures stated that they "SAW" or "LOOK", or "SEEN" the Lord ascend?. my God Scott, how hard is it to understand. now if you cannot BELIEVE the scripture, I must end this conversation.

be blessed of the Lord.
I see and do not say otherwise, but do agree - Christ did all this, and more. But those things are not of His ascension and are of the flesh, but I speak rather of His ascension and of the spirit.

Shall I also leave, because you have not seen what I have been saying?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is obvious that you cannot separate yourself from the worldly parable and foreshadows of things to come to consider the true meaning of what they are a shadow of, so get back to me if you ever wake up.

Meanwhile, I have had enough of your haughty hate and belligerence, and will continue this conversation with those who have better manners, or not at all.
In other words - you've had just about enough of being proven wrong.
I'm sure Nestorius felt the same way when his false teaching was condemned as heresy . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see and do not say otherwise, but do agree - Christ did all this, and more. But those things are not of His ascension and are of the flesh, but I speak rather of His ascension and of the spirit.

Shall I also leave, because you have not seen what I have been saying?
I understand the Spirit, or in this case "spirit". and his return "Spirit". but what I see you're not understanding is that the lord Jesus is spirit with flesh and bones. do you see that also?.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the Spirit, or in this case "spirit". and his return "Spirit". but what I see you're not understanding is that the lord Jesus is spirit with flesh and bones. do you see that also?.
The difference here is as different as heaven and earth. How do you reconcile what you have just stated with the fact that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God?"

What I have been advocating is the very transfiguration from flesh to spirit, from the world to the kingdom of God, whom is [only] spirit. And this I have done with considerable resistance, as "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Jesus left saying to His disciples, "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear it now", and "if I tell you worldly things and you do not understand, how will you understand heavenly things?" Now...I am not telling you worldly things of what was witnessed (and for a witness other than what it is that we are talking about), but of heavenly things - not before His ascension, but after. But what good is it if you look only to what is seen of and in the world, if we are to speak of those things which are unseen? I tell you - it is of no good..."the flesh profits nothing."

So, then, shall we "rise and be going" as said the Lord, or dwell in the present darkness a while longer, as some insist upon doing?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you personally ever seen a glorified spiritual resurrected body? Did you know Scriptures declare flesh and bones CANNOT inherit the kingdom of God? Just because God is Sovereign does NOT mean He has laws for Himself and another for mankind. He abides by the rules He set forth in the Bible!

I repeat, "Have you personally ever seen a glorified spiritual resurrected body? If you have please elaborate.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference here is as different as heaven and earth. How do you reconcile what you have just stated with the fact that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God?"
Scott, I see your problem. you're stuck on flesh and "BLOOD". understand Scott, the flesh is the IMAGE of God. but the Lord Jesus don't have any "BLOOD" now in his glorified body. what you're caught up on is the flesh and blood. look, even in flesh and blood we enter the kingdom in spirit, listen, Colossians 1:13 "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son". hath is a past tense word meaning it have already happen. and notice while we're on earth in flesh. what was translated?, our spirits. and when he comes back our bodies will be translated also, listen, 1 Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed". Scott, the word "change here is the Greek word, G236 ἀλλάσσω allasso (al-las'-sō) v. it means "to change", "transform", make different.

so what is changed?, answer, 1 Corinthians 15:53-576 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? (NOTE, THE SPIRIT DON'T GO TO THE GRAVE, THE BODY DO). now to back this up, 2 Corinthians 5:4 "For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life". Scott, what is swallowed up in mortality?, our bodies, which is the redemption to come.

you can't get any plainer. I hope the Lord open your eyes. see, a new body is simply a flesh and bone body dominate by the Spirit. and one more time flesh and "BONE" can enter into the Kingdom, but flesh and "BLOOD" cannot. I hope you see your mistake.

be blessed.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, I see your problem. you're stuck on flesh and "BLOOD". understand Scott, the flesh is the IMAGE of God. but the Lord Jesus don't have any "BLOOD" now in his glorified body. what you're caught up on is the flesh and blood. look, even in flesh and blood we enter the kingdom in spirit, listen, Colossians 1:13 "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son". hath is a past tense word meaning it have already happen. and notice while we're on earth in flesh. what was translated?, our spirits. and when he comes back our bodies will be translated also, listen, 1 Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed". Scott, the word "change here is the Greek word, G236 ἀλλάσσω allasso (al-las'-sō) v. it means "to change", "transform", make different.

so what is changed?, answer, 1 Corinthians 15:53-576 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? (NOTE, THE SPIRIT DON'T GO TO THE GRAVE, THE BODY DO). now to back this up, 2 Corinthians 5:4 "For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life". Scott, what is swallowed up in mortality?, our bodies, which is the redemption to come.

you can't get any plainer. I hope the Lord open your eyes. see, a new body is simply a flesh and bone body dominate by the Spirit. and one more time flesh and "BONE" can enter into the Kingdom, but flesh and "BLOOD" cannot. I hope you see your mistake.

be blessed.
You say that flesh and bone can enter the kingdom, but the scriptures do not...

You say that the body does not enter the kingdom on one hand and that it does on the other...

You say that it is spirit that enters the kingdom, and then you say it is flesh and bone...

Indeed the scriptures are clear, but you are not. And what you have not reconciled, I have offered to you, but you receive it not. Therefore, I will ask you:
  1. If "the kingdom of God is within you", is it flesh and bone?
  2. If "God is spirit", and Jesus has gone "to the Father", who then was transformed, Jesus or the Father?
  3. If Christ is transforming us into "living stones" are we "being built up a spiritual house" or a flesh and bone house?
  4. If Christ is in you, how do we "see Him as He is?" 1 John 3:2
  5. If Christ is still flesh and bone, can you show Him to me?

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott click to open to read all of it I answered in your quote.
Indeed the scriptures are clear, but you are not. And what you have not reconciled, I have offered to you, but you receive it not. Therefore, I will ask you:
  1. If "the kingdom of God is within you", is it flesh and bone?. I see your problem here. the "OF" "OF" "OF" God. see Scott, that prepositions "OF" clarify what's in you. not the Kingdom itself but that "OF" the Kingdom. listen to the definition of "OF". of translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned here, which need careful distinction. now Scott, if I said MY spirit is in you. am I Physically or all "of" me in you?, no, but is not my body a part of me?, yes. is it in you, no. is my soul in you?, no, but is not my soul a part of me. so, when the term is use Kingdom "of" God it means that his Spirit is in you not the Kingdom itself, for the kingdom constituent all who is in it including all the angels, and the rest of us. and all of us are in the kingdom which you cannot understand what constitute the Kingdom "OF" "OF" God. so Scott are all who are save entered the Kingdom are they in you, no, of course not. please remember, Colossians 1:13 "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son". now Scott are we in you? and are we not in the KINGDOM?. see your mistake now.
  2. If "God is spirit", and Jesus has gone "to the Father", who then was transformed, Jesus or the Father?. one quick answer, JESUS is the FATHER without flesh and bone. (see Isaiah 9:6). see Scott you have no clue or understanding of diversity. as when the Lord Jesus is on earth in flesh and bone when he said, "My father" which is his title as Spirit. he was simply saying my Spirit. and as he is in heaven and says My Son, which is his title for the flesh and bone body on earth, diversified, he's simply saying my Body. because he was doing his own will on earth through that body. this goes right back to the right hand or ARM "of", "OF" God in flesh. scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". get that? his OWN ARM.
  3. If Christ is transforming us into "living stones" are we "being built up a spiritual house" or a flesh and bone house?. let me help you out again quickly, a house is a TABERNACLE, a. spiritual. b. or resurrected flesh. listen, John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up". what was he talking about? answer, John 2:20 "Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body". yes that holy building. now Scott, was that flesh and bone temple Holy? yes or no. was it Spiritual .... YET. and when he raise it up, was it then transformed, yes or no?. and it was THAT BODY THAT WENT INTO THE HEAVENS. why because it was changed, "WITHOUT BLOOD".
  4. If Christ is in you, how do we "see Him as He is?" 1 John 3:2. first get the verse right, and 2, I'm glad you used this verse. 1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is". can't see a spirit unless it MANIFEST. second how do we see him NOW, as you asked, since he dwells in us. great glad you want to KNOW. by his Spiritual Gifts. scripture, now follow, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you". worldly EYES, or fleshly eyes, cannot see him, but to see and to KNOW him NOW, is by the Manifestation of the Spirit, listen, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? ANSWER, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal". there's that manifestation Judas asked about and was KNOWN in one of thes gifts on Pentecost, speaking in other tongues. and what are these manifestations of the Spirit?, just finish reading verses 8-11 of 1 Corinthians 12, there they are listed for you to read. my, my, my how simple.
  5. If Christ is still flesh and bone, can you show Him to me? yes, sure, scripture, Revelation 1:9-16 "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. (STOP, for a minute, this paps is what the High Priest wore around his CHEST, and Jesus is our High priest) 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength". I know most of this is symbolic, but in order to be symbolic, one have to have a SOURCE to draw from. now lastly, Hebrews 4:14 "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin". now is the son of God flesh or spirit. let's see, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God". Scott, Scott, spirit are not born, spirits are given, once again Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace". see Scott, that child that was born, flesh, (son of God), is what the apostle Paul calls the outward MAN. and the son that was given (spirit), is what the the apostle calls the INNER MAN. God have have his temple, and he also dwells in us for we have our being in HIM. scripture, Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring". now to ask your question since we're in him is this with flesh and bone? .... (smile). now I offer to you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to have time for all of these, but will start with:
  1. That is a fine bit of wordsmithing, but it does not in anyway define the kingdom of God. The kingdom is not a place on some cosmic map. It is most accurate to describe the kingdom as "within" (just as it is written), because without is the manifest world of "outer darkness."

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom is not a place on some cosmic map. It is most accurate to describe the kingdom as "within" (just as it is written), because without is the manifest world of "outer darkness."
Scott, thanks for the response, but a question to your reply where do the kingdom of God come from?,

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. to my brother Scott. you said i should read some of your previous responses, well I did and i have a few question in addition to the one yesterday. you said post #1154,
"Christ did not ascend in the flesh, but gave his flesh as a sacrifice for all. In doing so, he committed, not his flesh, but his spirit to the Father - and this, is how he returns in the same manner (in the spirit).
Scott, if his spirit was committed to the Father during the crucifixion, after his resurrection, the scriptures states that he was carried up into heaven. scripture, Luke 24:50 "And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. so please tell us how a spirit is carried?. remember he has already committed his spirit to the Father. so what was "CARRIED" into heaven?.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing #2

I do follow what you are saying and do understand the scriptures. Still, you have admitted that Jesus has transformed to be as the Father, which is spirit. But have held to your idea of flesh and bone, indicating that He has not. This is a contradiction.

Even if you were to say that Christ still exists in flesh and bone in the world within those who are His, this does not fit the biblical description of "Christ in me", which is in spirit and not flesh and bone. Furthermore, that would be limited to this old world which is passing away...and would not fit the biblical description of "Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever."