Satan permitted by God to test mankind in the Garden of Eden / NHNE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was literal, just as the future destruction will be when the Lord is revealed at his second coming as seen in Luke 17:29-30 below, your living in denial of this biblical truth

Genesis 19:24KJV
24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Right. Notice Jesus pointed out that it "destroyed them all" and then indicated that is how "it will be in the day when the Son of man is revealed". The context of His second coming is that it's a global event, so what He was saying there (and in Matthew 24:37-39) is that He will be destroying all of His enemies on the earth with fire when He returns. And that lines up with a literal interpretation of 2 Peter 3:10-12.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be Premil.
I remember that you were Premil, then you became what you called agnosmillennialist or something like that and then you seemingly became Premil again. So, when did you decide not to be Premil anymore (again)?

Till scripture made me realize that scripture does not have the New Heavens and New Earth following a thousand years after the return of Christ, and a thousand years after the resurrection of those who are Christ's - but immediately after the return of Christ.

But Amillenialists are wrong about their magic mouse cut 'n paste work with Revelation 20.
How can you believe that the new heavens and new earth will be ushered in at the return of Christ and not be an Amillennialist? There will be no more death once the new heavens and new earth are ushered in (see Rev 21:1-4), so the thousand years and Satan's little season can't possibly follow that since there obviously will be death during that time (during Satan's little season, at least).

Scripture doesn't allow either for "cut the thousand years out from a time following the return of Christ, and paste it into the 2,000 or more years in-between the Lord's ascension and His return". So both Amils and Premils have a dilemma.
Huh? You are creating a dilemma for yourself by saying Amillennialists are wrong even though you agree with us that the new heavens and new earth will be ushered in at the return of Christ. Where does the thousand years fit in your current view?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was literal, just as the future destruction will be when the Lord is revealed at his second coming as seen in Luke 17:29-30 below, your living in denial of this biblical truth

Genesis 19:24KJV
24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Destroyed them all is not equal to "Destroyed the planet and the cosmos"

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's astonishing how few here can carry on a discussion without getting angry, vindictive, or insulting. We have a mild disagreement, and I thought perhaps I could help you or others in an area where I struggled for many years.

I was constantly told the Law was a mechanism to fool people, much as you just explained--a "trick." It wasn't a trick. God gave the Law for a good reason--not to fool people.

We simply misunderstand Paul, just as Peter said that it's easy to misunderstand Paul. Paul is complicated. He is discussing heady things. It's worth our while to pursue Paul's theology because I think there is a blessing for those who persist.

I agree with your sense that the commandments of Jesus fulfill all the Law--we don't need to follow the Law, which was strictly for OT Israel. We don't need sacrifices anymore. We don't need Sabbaths. We don't need Jewish festivals. We don't need to eat kosher foods. And we don't need a Levitical or Aaronic priesthood.

All we need is the Spirit of Christ and his gift of righteousness. When we receive that and choose to live by it, we become born again and are viewed as having received eternal life. I think we agree on this?

The commandments under the Law represent the righteousness of Christ, albeit in a preliminary covenant. Commandments like "don't steal" remain valid under the covenant of Christ. It's just a new covenant in which all of the extracurricular material is no longer necessary, temple, priesthood, and sacrifices. We do not stop needing to be obedient to the laws of God! If you think so you're woefully bereft of solid teaching!

Some Christians believe that we can't do anything, that it's a kind of miracle from Christ that we do any good at all. Somehow our faith miraculously translates into a form of righteousness which is not described. It is somehow "Christ in us" without us having anything to do with it except for having faith.

This is poor theology, though it is a very popular sentiment. Sadly, it leaves all human responsibility outside the door with no reason to do anything but have faith.

This is so vague that the Christian life is reduced to simply believing things, which is purely an intellectual exercise, and not necessarily having anything to do with spiritual things. As we are told, the devils believe and tremble.

Some here believe that the human will is so tainted that it can't even accept Christ, let alone do anything righteous. But Jesus said he loved the Jewish man who kept all the commandments of God, yet couldn't bring himself to give his all to Christ.

God is happy when people choose to do good. He is most happy, however, when we choose to live in fellowship with him so that we always choose for the good. He is the good. When we choose to live for him, we are choosing to live in righteousness, which is tantamount to being born again.

We are no longer choosing to do good some of the time, and choosing to pick and choose when we want to do good as if our life is in our own hands, and not in God's hands. Living autonomously and separate from God is not choosing to do good all the time such as God wishes for our salvation. We must give up our independence, and cast our cares on the Lord, because he cares for us.
I'm referring to the theology you are expressing as a trick. The devil has you and many others fooled. My indignation is not against you or any individual who is fooled by the theology you are expressing, but against the theology, being fully aware of who is the one who is responsible for all such tricks, since the Garden of Eden until now.

You do not realize it but what you believe and are therefore propagating by expressing it and maybe even teaching it to others (I don't know if you do), is an insult to God and to Christ, is indeed contrary to the gospel, and is a lie.

I've already given the reasons why. So I'm not going to elaborate on them any further.

I will pray for you though.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm referring to the theology you are expressing as a trick. The devil has you and many others fooled. My indignation is not against you or any individual who is fooled by the theology you are expressing, but against the theology, being fully aware of who is the one who is responsible for all such tricks, since the Garden of Eden until now.

You do not realize it but what you believe and are therefore propagating by expressing it and maybe even teaching it to others (I don't know if you do), is an insult to God and to Christ, is indeed contrary to the gospel, and is a lie.

I've already given the reasons why. So I'm not going to elaborate on them any further.

I will pray for you though.

Give me a break. You can't even explain what you are "indignant" about! Don't bother with the pretend concern.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Give me a break. You can't even explain what you are "indignant" about! Don't bother with the pretend concern.
Yeah, but they broke the covenant that those promises were based on, and so God promised a new covenant which would not be like that covenant that He had made with them in the days he took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt.

They made it obvious that they were not capable of keeping the covenant of which Moses was the mediator, so Christ came as the mediator of the new and infinitely better covenant, which is the only eternal covenant.

Isaiah 24:5
"And the land is defiled under its people; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, and have broken the everlasting (‛ôlâm) covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31-32
"Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah,
not according to the covenant that I cut with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which covenant of Mine they broke, although I was a husband to them, says the LORD.

It's a tragedy and against Christ and the gospel to teach people that the first covenant has any effect whatsoever.
Yes, I hear this all the time, which is actually a complete misread of what Paul's theology was on this. He set out to show that the purpose of the Law was to bring righteousness

Paul went to lengths to show that the Law was good, and brought righteousness. He only intended to show that the Law is insufficient if it is not based on the grace of Jesus.

The obedience of Israel that kept them in the blessings of God were perfectly functional

In abiding in the righteousness of the Law they were actually putting their faith in the mercy of God who would provide in Jesus the atonement that was required to go along with it.

The political deliverance of Israel under the Law shows God's kindness towards nations and societies when they work together to please God. It was not a system designed to frustrate nations, committing them to an inability to do right. They could most certainly do right, which is precisely what God wanted.
Romans 3
19 But we know that whatever things the Law says, it says to those who are under the Law; so that every mouth may be stopped and all the world may be under judgment before God,
20 because by the works of the Law none of all flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now a righteousness of God has been revealed apart from Law, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets;
22 even the righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ, toward all and upon all those who believe. For there is no difference,
23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 4
2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has a boast; but not before God.
3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness."
4 But to him working, the reward is not reckoned according to grace, but according to debt.
5 But to him not working, but believing on Him justifying the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also says of the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness without works,
7 saying, "Blessed are those whose lawlessnesses are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
8 blessed is the man to whom the Lord will in no way impute sin."

Romans 5
20 But the Law entered so that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound,
21 so that as sin has reigned to death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatianas 3
19 Why then the Law? It was added because of transgressions, until the Seed should come to those to whom it had been promised, being ordained through angels in the Mediator's hand.

Romans 9
30 What shall we say then? That the nations, who did not follow after righteousness have taken on righteousness, but a righteousness of faith.
31 But Israel, who followed after a law of righteousness did not arrive at a law of righteousness.
32 Why? Because it was not of faith, but as it were by the works of the Law. For they stumbled at that Stumbling-stone;
33 as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a Stumbling-stone and a Rock-of-offense, and everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."

Romans 10
3 For they, being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.

Galatians 2
21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness is through law, then Christ died without cause.

You contradict Paul in saying that the law "brought righteousness." Then you claim that whoever disagrees with you (which would be Paul) is "misreading of what Paul's theology was".

It's a denial of the gospel.

Also, the law did not bring righteousness for any Israel tribe. The cursings promised by the law came upon all of them time after time, after time, till God said He would bring a new covenant. The law was only there for one reason - the reason Paul gave, which I quoted above.

This Judaizing nonsense that comes out of Dispensationalist circles and the circles of many (but not all) Messianic Jewish circles has become a plague in the church, and it should make anyone who claims Christ as His Savior indignant (but at the theology - not the people who, like yourself, are fooled by it).

Even so, this lie must be exposed for what it is - a lie.

This is the worst part of what you said is what you said below, as though Christ's sacrifice and His holiness and righteousness could go along with the "righteous obedience" of the Jews:
In abiding in the righteousness of the Law they were actually putting their faith in the mercy of God who would provide in Jesus the atonement that was required to go along with it.
So according to you mankind could do pretty well in his own righteous obedience, the Jews "just needed a little help to go along with it", and that little help to compensate for where they lacked perfect righteousness, is the blood of Christ.

Totally contradicts Paul, and is anti-gospel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3
19 But we know that whatever things the Law says, it says to those who are under the Law; so that every mouth may be stopped and all the world may be under judgment before God,
20 because by the works of the Law none of all flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now a righteousness of God has been revealed apart from Law, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets;
22 even the righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ, toward all and upon all those who believe. For there is no difference,
23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 4
2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has a boast; but not before God.
3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness."
4 But to him working, the reward is not reckoned according to grace, but according to debt.
5 But to him not working, but believing on Him justifying the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also says of the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness without works,
7 saying, "Blessed are those whose lawlessnesses are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
8 blessed is the man to whom the Lord will in no way impute sin."

Romans 5
20 But the Law entered so that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound,
21 so that as sin has reigned to death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatianas 3
19 Why then the Law? It was added because of transgressions, until the Seed should come to those to whom it had been promised, being ordained through angels in the Mediator's hand.

Romans 9
30 What shall we say then? That the nations, who did not follow after righteousness have taken on righteousness, but a righteousness of faith.
31 But Israel, who followed after a law of righteousness did not arrive at a law of righteousness.
32 Why? Because it was not of faith, but as it were by the works of the Law. For they stumbled at that Stumbling-stone;
33 as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a Stumbling-stone and a Rock-of-offense, and everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."

Romans 10
3 For they, being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.

Galatians 2
21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness is through law, then Christ died without cause.

You contradict Paul in saying that the law "brought righteousness." Then you claim that whoever disagrees with you (which would be Paul) is "misreading of what Paul's theology was".

Yes, you're very ignorant of what Paul was actually saying. You think Paul was declaring that the Law was unrighteous? ;) Remember what Jesus said while the Law was still in effect:

Matt 5.19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

The fact Pharisees were hypocrites did not mean the Law was unrighteousness! Jesus taught that obedience to the Law was in fact righteousness. Sometime read Psalm 119. You will start to get the idea of how David viewed the Law as an instrument of righteousness. And it was said that he had a heart after God.

It's a denial of the gospel.

You apparently don't understand how the Law fits into the Gospel, how it prepared for the Gospel? To say I'm denying the Gospel shows your complete lack of attention to the things I pointed out. And you haven't refuted a single thing. The passages you cited in Romans confirm what I said about it being a testimony that any sin keeps one out of heaven. It doesn't say that the Law was evil.

Also, the law did not bring righteousness for any Israel tribe. The cursings promised by the law came upon all of them time after time, after time, till God said He would bring a new covenant. The law was only there for one reason - the reason Paul gave, which I quoted above.

You so don't understand the Bible! Israel failed when they failed, and succeeded when they succeeded. The fact the nation collapsed under the old covenant never meant that Israel had always failed under the Law. Paul was only saying that nobody under the Law could obtain eternal life, because that comes only by Jesus. But following the Law faithfully was in fact an expression of faith in God's mercy, which has now been revealed in Jesus. The righteousness of the Law is completed in the righteousness of Jesus.

If you were a little less hostile we could have a nice conversation. But for you it's either your way or the highway. So be it.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus taught that obedience to the Law was in fact righteousness. Sometime read Psalm 119. You will start to get the idea of how David viewed the Law as an instrument of righteousness. And it was said that he had a heart after God.

Israel failed when they failed, and succeeded when they succeeded
Of course David saw the law as an instrument of righteousness. He went with the Old Covenant. The New Covenant had not come yet.

Obedience to the law was the only way to approach God before Christ came and died for the sins of man and rose again from the dead. The OLD covenant was based on obedience to the law (Exodus 24:7-8).

The law was righteous but it did not EVER bring righteousness. It brought death (Romans 7:10-13).

The people were never righteous because of their obedience to the law. Your claim is false. They were unrighteous because of their lack of ability to obey the law.

The righteousness which exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees is the righteousness of Christ with which we are clothed because we too are unable to do this righteousness or obtain righteousness through obedience to the law, and the righteous requirements of the law are nothing more and nothing less than the shadow that points to Christ and His fruit - the fruit of the Vine / Spirit.

The law was righteous but also useless at producing any righteousness in anyone - it produced only death - because no one is capable of the righteousness of the law (no one except Jesus) - and this is why the law, and the covenant that was based on obedience to it, was abolished in the flesh of Christ when He died. Our righteousness and the righteousness of any Jew is a gift from God, is the righteousness of Christ alone, and obtained only through faith in Jesus.

I'm not being hostile to you. But I am hostile to this false gospel that you preach. The fact that you are taking it as a personal hostility is evidence of how much you love your false gospel.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course David saw the law as an instrument of righteousness. He went with the Old Covenant. The New Covenant had not come yet.

That was my whole point!!!

The law was righteous but it did not EVER bring righteousness. It brought death (Romans 7:10-13).

If ever there was a contradiction, this is it. It was an instrument of righteousness, but it was never righteous????

Proving that Man could not obtain Eternal Life under the Law did not mean it could produce no righteousness. It meant it could only produce lasting righteousness when coupled with the atonement of Christ!

I'm not being hostile to you. But I am hostile to this false gospel that you preach. The fact that you are taking it as a personal hostility is evidence of how much you love your false gospel.

No, I'm not preaching a false Gospel. You are inept as a teacher of God's word. You are full of contradictions, and make no effort to explain them.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Proving that Man could not obtain Eternal Life under the Law did not mean it could produce no righteousness. It meant it could only produce lasting righteousness when coupled with the atonement of Christ!
Our obedience to law coupled with Christ's obedience?

Christ's obedience compensates for our shortcomings so our "righteousness" together with Christ's righteousness brings salvation?

No. False gospel.

In any case the purpose of law - any law - is to ensure the good behavior of humans. Law itself cannot act in obedience to itself (be righteous) as though law could breathe, speak, walk and talk.
No, I'm not preaching a false Gospel. You are inept as a teacher of God's word. You are full of contradictions, and make no effort to explain them.
It's your theology that's full of contradiction.

Romans 7
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Let it not be said! But I did not know sin except through the law. For also I did not know lust except the law said, You shall not lust.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, worked in me all kinds of lust. For apart from law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once. But when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was to life, was found to be death to me.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
12 So indeed the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good.
13 Then has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But sin, that it might appear to be sin, working death in me by that which is good; in order that sin might become exceedingly sinful by the commandment.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do, I know not. For what I desire, that I do not do; but what I hate, that I do.

@Randy Kluth It doesn't matter how much righteousness you try and obtain through obedience to law, before or after the atonement of Christ, you will not obtain any righteousness that way - ever. The only way we obtain righteousness is through faith in Jesus Christ and learning to abide in Him so that He can produce the fruit of the Spirit through us (not obedience to law but the fruit of the Spirit, which fulfills the law).

@Randy Kluth He is the LORD our righteousness and God assigns His righteousness to all who believe in Him and trust in Him.

It's ALL Christ's righteousness and NONE OF "our righteousness". "Our righteousness" only condemns us because it's mixed with our sin and proves our unrighteousness.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new heavens and new earth is a permanent earthly sabbath - just like the very first sabbath in the Garden of Eden, before the fall of Adam. The new Jerusalem comes down to earth from heaven. There isn't actually any scripture teaching that the new heavens and new earth has to wait for another thousand years after Christ has returned.
Nope.

The NHNE happens after the 1,000 years. Your argument is there is not, not a 1,000 years.

You don't accept the 1,000 years either.

Some have pointed out the 1,000 years is just the first millennium of the NHNE. NOPE!

The Millennium is that part of 1 Corinthians 15 where Jesus reigns until all things are subjected. Jesus reigns on earth, because Adam's punishment is over, and sin no longer reigns.

Kind of cute, that humans think they govern themselves. Right now sin governs them. In the Millennium Jesus governs them.

Now grant it, when men can govern themselves without dictatorship, they have more freedom. But no one can escape sin and it's control.

Your question could Adam sin before disobedience. The answer is no. God actually let creation be creation for 1,000 years before God planted the Garden. How do humans avoid the laws of physics today? If a son of God accidentally killed himself or someone else, would that have defied physics? Yes. It was impossible to die. The physics of creation prevented death from occurring. We just avoid those laws, because trying to break physics is impossible. If they fell off of a steep cliff, they would land without being hurt. If they swam in the ocean, they still would not die, but would just keep swimming, or never get into the ocean at all. The problem now is that sin and death govern the laws of physics, so the result is different than before Adam disobeyed. Yes there are verses of Paul that covers all this. The law of sin and death is part of the laws of physics.

An even more interesting point is that the elements did not have half lives and could not break down and cause decay. So technically no one can date the earth from such means, because that ability did not exist until God placed creation under the bondage of the law of sin and death. But that is another subject altogether. And a highly debatable one with many ethical points of how did God manage that, so that Satan could cause so much deception in science. In that promise made there was give and take:

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

This extends all the way to the formation of knowledge, and who thinks they know what about creation itself.

Ok already too controversial. If you deny the length of that 1st Sabbath, fine. But why even ask about time before sin, if you think Adam sinned within 24 hours of being created? How much thought and diligence is necessary to mess up in 24 hours before literally messing up?

Why is Satan loosed on humanity after 1,000 years? BTW all alive after the 1,000 years never sinned. If they had disobeyed, they would be dead, not walking around on earth alive. None of them are in Adam's flesh either. No sinners, and no death and decay again. Nothing can die during the Millennium. Now about the punishment of no rain?

"And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles."

How many times do you think this will happen? Did you know that some places never get any rain now? Some places that get rain may have times of drought. So the punishment is already what happens normally all the time. Now is there no death because of rain, or no death because of the laws of physics that prevent death? Even without rain, people will not die, they probably won't even get sick. It would mean they have to figure out how to get more food from other nations. In other words it is a plague of humility and having to depend on outside help instead of being well provided for within that nation. How many times would a nation need to be humbled, or the leadership replaced for negligence?

When it comes to declaring this Millennium righteous or full of sinners, one has to set aside the current mentality of sin itself. If the Cross removed sin once and for all, why question that ability? None of Adam's dead corruptible flesh is getting into the Millennium period. At the 7th Trumpet God says enough is enough. Sin is over. Adam's dead flesh is over. Daniel's 70 weeks are over. Any one who declares it was over in the first century, should understand it is really over at the Second Coming. Not the Millennium. That is just getting started. Certainly everything declared, will be going on during the Millennium. But no one will need to be saved from sin and death, because the physical laws will not even allow sin and death. Right now those laws have to kill us if we break them. Except most forget it is not the breaking of a law that kills us now. It is the law itself. The law is not actually broken. The law is applied and death happens. You cannot breath in methane and proclaim you broke the law. The law states if you breath in methane, you will die. Death is obeying the law, not disobeying or breaking the law. Once sin and death are removed from creation, so will salvation and being lost. It will be impossible to break the laws of physics. It will be impossible to do anything to die by, when it comes to the natural order of things. The only death will be breaking laws that are set up that can be broken. And no, we have no idea what they are or will be. They probably would not make sense to us under the Law of sin and death anyway. Children obey your parents. In today's society even that has become nonsense. If that were a law, it would be breakable, without destroying life, other than the instant it is broken, death would happen immediately, and the laws of physics would point out such death is natural and expected. Yet we would consider that cold and indifferent without empathy or sympathy. Isaiah 65 calls them cursed. Under the Law of sin and death that is natural for children to disobey, not a curse. Seeing the difference between life without sin and death and life with sin and death may seem strange or even demanding that we give up some things we take for granted.

We claim the Cross eradicated sin. But can we say it eradicated faith and the need of salvation? We literally have to give up every belief we have to fully understand life without sin and death.

If you can get past the need to have sinners in the Millennium, as well as salvation, sanctification, and even Christianity, you are well on the way to see Adam and Eve before Adam disobeyed and brought sin into the world. And no, I am not saying giving that all up will help in the here and now. The point is it will have no place in the Millennium. Because literally the whole plan of Salvation and the Cross was about Adam's disobedience. The Millennium rule of Christ is not about Adam's disobedience.

What is being placed under subjection would simply be every new human born in those 1,000 years. And the time to outgrow disobedience is 100 years. That is the length of childhood according to Isaiah 65. Another law of physics, without there being a law of sin and death present. Which brings us to the point, all alive at the end, who were not the first generation have a test about as big in magnitude as the law given to Adam. That first generation is immune to Satan and the second death. The test is when Satan is loosed, who will be deceived? But not a test like Abraham offering up Isaac, or Job being persecuted for his faith. There probably won't even be a law that says: "Don't listen to or follow Satan". Yet Satan is allowed to smooth talk millions into a promise just like he did to Eve, and one third of the angels. There is no logical reason why, just like there is no logical reason why God planted a tree, and then told Adam not to eat from it.

Now you may say, because God already planned it all out and the Cross was reality before creation. That may be plausable, but is it logical from our perspective? I am not saying we should deny the point. Saying it is not logical, is not denying it happened. It is not logical just like many think it can not be logical to have a Millennium without sinners, salvation and a Christian witness. The logical thing is too keep doing the same thing in the Millennium as we do now, while at the same time calling out Amil for doing the same thing by making the Millennium, the here and now. It is not the here and now, because the Millennium will no longer have the law of sin and death dictating the laws of physics. It will once again, as in the first Sabbath, Day of the Lord, be a physical creation where death will literally be impossible.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I remember that you were Premil, then you became what you called agnosmillennialist or something like that and then you seemingly became Premil again. So, when did you decide not to be Premil anymore (again)?
Yes.

There will be no more death once the new heavens and new earth are ushered in (see Rev 21:1-4)

There will be a 2nd death after a thousand years. There will be no 2nd sacrifice for sins and no 2nd resurrection of the Son of man, who IS the resurrection and the life, and hence no 2nd resurrection from the 2nd death.

But in Revelation 20:12-15 the dead are not said (in the text itself) to be raised from the dead at the close of the millennium - they are said to be dead when they "stand" before God, after death and hades have "delivered up the dead" in them.

So the assumption is made by both pre-millennialists and a-millennialists that it's referring to the resurrection of the unjust which scripture teaches us about.
So the thousand years and Satan's little season can't possibly follow that since there obviously will be death during that time (during Satan's little season, at least).
It can if the only resurrected saints who are promised that the 2nd death has no power over them (therefore OSAS applies to them) are those who were martyred for their witness to Christ (at any time) and / or refusal to worship the beast or his image - but all the other resurrected saints who died in Christ without having being tested as they were (and as Adam was in the Garden of Eden), will face the same test after a thousand years.

Satan was permitted after Adam had lived .. however long it was .. (a thousand years, maybe) to test Adam IN the Garden of Eden, and it brought mankind's death. But the thousand years in Revelation 20 and its close makes it 100% clear that there will be no 2nd sacrifice for sins, no 2nd resurrection of the Son of man (who IS the resurrection and the life), and no 2nd resurrection from the 2nd death.

It's also clear that only once Satan has been destroyed in the lake of fire will humans never again be tested in the same way.

But it's also clear that "In the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he will begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He has declared to His servants the prophets." (Revelation 10:7).

"Go, Daniel! For the words are closed up and sealed until the end-time. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried. But the wicked shall do wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand." (Daniel 12:9-10).

So until then, the thousand years is a mystery to me (everyone else has it all worked out just fine).
Huh? You are creating a dilemma for yourself by saying Amillennialists are wrong even though you agree with us that the new heavens and new earth will be ushered in at the return of Christ. Where does the thousand years fit in your current view?
As above.

I never went from agnosmillennialism to a-millennialism because a-millennialists have convinced me that their interpretation of Revelation 20:1-6 is simply false due to their

1. Insistence that the millennium commences before the beheading of those who refused to worship the beast or his image; and
2. Their interpretation in Revelation 20:4-6 of the words "zao" (alive in the body in every single other one of the very long list of N.T verses using the world); and
3. Their interpretation in Revelation 20:4-6 of the word "anastasis" ("the resurrection of the body in each and every N.T verse where it and the other Greek words associated with the resurrection appear); and
4. Their insistence that revelation 20:4-6 is referring to a "spiritual" resurrection; and
5. Their insistence that Satan is bound "in respect of his ability to ..." when the N.T does not back up that statement, and actually states the opposite multiple times.

The only proof texts for agnosmillennialism are these, and whatever I say or said in this thread has to be based on this knowledge:

"But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he will begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He has declared to His servants the prophets." (Revelation 10:7).

"Go, Daniel! For the words are closed up and sealed until the end-time. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried. But the wicked shall do wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand." (Daniel 12:9-10).

This thread is a questioning and the statements I make are possibilities that turn around in my mind with regard to the way to interpret the thousand years, because I no longer believe that the NHNE follows the millennium, but will be seen and be the experience of creation and everything in it immediately following the return of Christ.
How can you believe that the new heavens and new earth will be ushered in at the return of Christ and not be an Amillennialist?
As above.

Last edited: