Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Satan knows the scriptures. But while I have not added, you have surely taken away, namely many of the passages regarding works and gifts of the Spirit, among which are the promises of God and Christ.
Ya, like you, Satan didn't quote the scriptures correctly either, but mischaracterized GOD. "Hath God said.....??"
Yes you have completely added your own beliefs & refused to quote the actual scriptures when requested.
Prove your allegation that I have ever taken away from scriptures. Give me the post and the Biblical scripture in quotes. That is a false allegation against the brethren on your part.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, like you, Satan didn't quote the scriptures correctly either, but mischaracterized GOD. "Hath God said.....??"
Yes you have completely added your own beliefs & refused to quote the actual scriptures when requested.
Prove your allegation that I have ever taken away from scriptures. Give me the post and the Biblical scripture in quotes. That is a false allegation against the brethren on your part.
No, you don't get to claim that your pages of false allegations against my quoting the scriptures according to God and Christ and the Holy Spirit, are all on me to prove -- the proof is already right here in these many pages. You don't get to turn the tables.

But you are also wrong about me adding my own beliefs and not quoting the scriptures. I quoted the scriptures...again, that too is all right hear in these many pages. As for me adding my "beliefs", I did not, but rather stated what I know by the scriptures and by the spirit of God, according to His promise of pouring out His spirit, confirmed by Christ and by Peter, and of appointing some prophets. But before you accuse me again of claiming to be a prophet...it was not I who even brought it up, but you and your fellows, saying that some are not given the gift of prophecy, even though the scriptures say different.

As for refusing to quote the scriptures with chapter and verse and quotation marks. This I did as a test of you and your fellows spirits -- and you have failed repeatedly throughout these same pages, where you all admittedly didn't even know that I was quoting, even when quoting the same way as Christ, the final Word.

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, as long as you agree that God can and does do what He wants , where He wants , how He wants , and to whom He wants.

He has spoken to me in the many years I have walked with Him...but not by quoting a scripture verse to me ( although often it is via a verse)

..Once He spike clearly saying ( and I heard a chucking though it... :) )
I was complaining to myself about a certain situation that I thought should be different...
He said clearly- "There is a God, and that God is not you."
This did not happen. God did not speak in the third person about Himself:oops::oops::oops:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This did not happen. God did not speak in the third person about Himself:oops::oops::oops:
When ppl supplant the authority of scripture with voices, this is what you end up with. Foolish post after foolish post.

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other.[1 Corinthians 4:6]

When ppl go beyond the written, authoritative word of God, pride and arrogance are sure to follow. They boast in their hearing His voice. I work in a hospital that deals with these sorts of ppl. :(

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you don't get to claim that your pages of false allegations against my quoting the scriptures according to God and Christ and the Holy Spirit, are all on me to prove -- the proof is already right here in these many pages. You don't get to turn the tables.

But you are also wrong about me adding my own beliefs and not quoting the scriptures. I quoted the scriptures...again, that too is all right hear in these many pages. As for me adding my "beliefs", I did not, but rather stated what I know by the scriptures and by the spirit of God, according to His promise of pouring out His spirit, confirmed by Christ and by Peter, and of appointing some prophets. But before you accuse me again of claiming to be a prophet...it was not I who even brought it up, but you and your fellows, saying that some are not given the gift of prophecy, even though the scriptures say different.

As for refusing to quote the scriptures with chapter and verse and quotation marks. This I did as a test of you and your fellows spirits -- and you have failed repeatedly throughout these same pages, where you all admittedly didn't even know that I was quoting, even when quoting the same way as Christ, the final Word.
Quoting out of context scripture verses does not validate your claims of additional revelation. We knew you were quoting verses that have nothing to do with "the same way" as Christ. Sorry, they are not even close to anything. They are fragmented and random, not spiritual.
try praying for a basic spiritual understanding that has seemed to elude you so far.:(:confused::oops:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When ppl supplant the authority of scripture with voices, this is what you end up with. Foolish post after foolish post.

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other.[1 Corinthians 4:6]

When ppl go beyond the written, authoritative word of God, pride and arrogance are sure to follow. They boast in their hearing His voice. I work in a hospital that deals with these sorts of ppl. :(

If Samuel and Elijah were alive today, they might have been one of your patients...?

Except that they truly heard the voice of the LORD in an audible way; while your patients apparently are hearing demons or else a figment of their imagination.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoting out of context scripture verses does not validate your claims of additional revelation. We knew you were quoting verses that have nothing to do with "the same way" as Christ. Sorry, they are not even close to anything. They are fragmented and random, not spiritual.
try praying for a basic spiritual understanding that has seemed to elude you so far.:(:confused::oops:
I am beginning to grow tired of "Christians" responding to other Christians with insults and abrasive statements. I have to say that this kind of bantering is not glorifying to the Lord.

One point to remember when posting is, "Is my post according to the Lord's kindness?"

For is it not absolutely true that His kindness is what leads us to repentance?

How much more when it is exhibited through His people?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am beginning to grow tired of "Christians" responding to other Christians with insults and abrasive statements. I have to say that this kind of bantering is not glorifying to the Lord.

One point to remember when posting is, "Is my post according to the Lord's kindness?"

The way I see it is that in the same way I always write a post as if I am writing it to myself...others on this thread are doing likewise. So if there is an abrasive post it is really self-directed.

Are we not all serious about being conformed to Christ?

Or do I have the wrong idea here?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it is that in the same way I always write a post as if I am writing it to myself...others on this thread are doing likewise. So if there is an abrasive post it is really self-directed.

Are we not all serious about being conformed to Christ?

Or do I have the wrong idea here?
I guess some are further along than others.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess some are further along than others.
That is a misinformed, unscriptural and naive opinion. When a person knows the scriptures "studies to show themselves approved" & "correctly dividing the word",(2 Tim 2:15) they can also recognize when someone is misusing scriptures to prop up false teachings, & that should provoke a reaction when believers hear the words of the Lord misrepresented, or someone misrepresenting the Holy Spirit.
If someone is lacking in Bible study , then their yard stick is only "if it sounds spiritual" that something passes as ' christian'.
Classically, it is only people that are not informed, nor firmly rooted in sound doctrine who like to call it unchristian to reprove or rebuke with scripture as 2Tim tells us to do. As Paul taught we are to be Bereans , ( Acts 17:11 ) we are not supposed to naively follow along with those who make statements that oppose scriptures meaning , especially those who claim to be the voice of God.
Pray and read 2Tim 4:2 , I suggest you pay close attention to the words highlighted in red....that might have direct meaning for you.
2 Tim 4:2 "1I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke,and encourage with every form of patient instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Samuel and Elijah were alive today, they might have been one of your patients...?

Except that they truly heard the voice of the LORD in an audible way; while your patients apparently are hearing demons or else a figment of their imagination.
God does not speak to us like He did the OT prophets and NT Apostles. Hebrews 1 is clear on this.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There you go again with this “Christians” thing. When I see heresy I will confront it. You’re a flaming heretic. The sooner you realize this and repent, the better. I am not saying you’re lost like you do me, and others, but if you continue down this unsustainable path, then you’re in real trouble. Saved ppl don’t have every ‘I’ dotted and every ‘T’ crossed, but when they’re confronted by those who love them enough to show them their errors, true believers repent of their errors. I have yet to witness this characteristic from you. I have hope and do earnestly pray for God to reveal your errors to you and causes you to repent of your errors.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I used to believe God still spoke to us, I used to hold to Modalism and then Arianism. But as I read more, studied harder, learned from others, I saw the errors of what I believed to be true, and repented. It wasn’t that I was lost, but that I was growing in knowledge as God revealed who He is via His word. I didn’t need to hear His voice. All I needed was His written word He gave me to read.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My contention has nothing to do with complaining about real correction from the word of the Lord; but with the spirit that some "Christians" come across with that is basically abrasive and not according to the Lord's kindness. I would remind those posting that unbelievers are watching and that we are not exemplifying the virtues of Christ when we behave in such a manner.

I open myself up to any correction that you can offer from the holy scriptures concerning anything I have said. Up to this point, your "correction" has been faulty; it has not been able to stand against the scrutiny of the whole of scripture.

I know that I believe according to what the Bible teaches, and am no heretic;

but you (Calvinistic theologians), who have shown yourselves to not believe that Jesus is the door by which we enter, have three fingers pointing back at you when you point the finger and cry "heretic".

It should be clear that if grace can be obtained apart from faith (because grace in Calvinistic theology comes before faith), as some of you contend, that Jesus is not the door by which we enter.

However, the holy scriptures are clear, that Jesus said,

Jhn 10:9, I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I see heresy I will confront it. You’re a flaming heretic. The sooner you realize this and repent, the better.
Show me.

Up to this point I have heard very much the accusing finger pointed at me; but no scriptural refutation of anything that I have said that you call heresy.

I am in good company with Paul the apostle:

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray and read 2Tim 4:2 , I suggest you pay close attention to the words highlighted in red....that might have direct meaning for you.
2 Tim 4:2 "1I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke,and encourage with every form of patient instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.
What speaks to me more is the exhortation that comes immediately afterward:

2Ti 4:5, But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

and before:

2Ti 3:10, But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
2Ti 3:11, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
2Ti 3:12, Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13, But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When someone is falsely claiming gifts and authority that 5hey do not have they are to be confronted biblically.you are only enabling this person by coddling their false ,unscriptural beliefs.
Open rebuke is better than secret love is what Solomon teaches us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone is falsely claiming gifts and authority that 5hey do not have they are to be confronted biblically.you are only enabling this person by coddling their false ,unscriptural beliefs.
Open rebuke is better than secret love is what Solomon teaches us.

I always considered that to mean that it is better to declare your love and be openly rebuked for it, than to keep it to yourself.

I suppose that there is a place for people rebuking other people in the body of Christ; but I will just say that when it shows up on the internet, it looks ugly; and does not seem to me to be a very good witness to the unbelieving, outside world.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me.

Up to this point I have heard very much the accusing finger pointed at me; but no scriptural refutation of anything that I have said that you call heresy.

I am in good company with Paul the apostle:

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
"Show me." Lolzzzz... you've been shown multiple times but you cannot and will not receive correction from the word.