Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am beginning to grow tired of "Christians" responding to other Christians with insults and abrasive statements. I have to say that this kind of bantering is not glorifying to the Lord.

One point to remember when posting is, "Is my post according to the Lord's kindness?"

For is it not absolutely true that His kindness is what leads us to repentance?

How much more when it is exhibited through His people?
So, you're going to repent of calling me and my brothers lost, of Satan, other names and insults with the lies as well, &c? Please answer, you've done this on several occasions.

Are you tired of those of your ilk who do this to us as well, or did you just mean this for others to follow, but not you and the others who are the actual ones who do this?

By the way, I will not apologize for calling you a heretic due to what you teach.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any person on here that preaches a false gospel, LDS, JW's, and their false christ, other "professing" "believers" rush in to coddle them and assure them they're true believers with a false christ and errant gospel.

Preach the truth to them within contextual Scripture? Name called, insulted, you name it. LOL!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What speaks to me more is the exhortation that comes immediately afterward:2Ti 4:5, But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
and before:
2Ti 3:10, But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
2Ti 3:11, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
2Ti 3:12, Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13, But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
I would say , that is because it is speaking to your flesh and your earthly preferences.
You are by your flesh deciding what you will hear of the scripture. That is why it's called "itching ears".

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always considered that to mean that it is better to declare your love and be openly rebuked for it, than to keep it to yourself.

I suppose that there is a place for people rebuking other people in the body of Christ; but I will just say that when it shows up on the internet, it looks ugly; and does not seem to me to be a very good witness to the unbelieving, outside world.
You know what is ugly? false teachings they are infecting the Lord's Church and causing people to NOT be saved because they are going in the wide gate instead of the narrow one. Heresies and apostasy needs to be directly confronted and those that defend it are as bad as the false teachers.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Show me." Lolzzzz... you've been shown multiple times but you cannot and will not receive correction from the word.

Anytime any of you have "corrected" me, I have gone to the word of the Lord as a Berean, and have found your correction to be wanting. Iow, what you have said in correction of me was not consistent with the whole counsel of God.

So, you're going to repent of calling me and my brothers lost, of satan, <fify>

#1, first of all, I did not call you satan, I was addressing the spirit behind your accusatory comments at that time.

#2, secondly, thank you for saying this because I was going to also mention the following and this gives me opportunity to do so: I do not claim to be perfect myself in the exhortation that I am offering. I know that often when we see a problem in others, the problem can be even worse in our own lives. We tend to see things in others that we do not see in ourselves. When I look at posts, I generally do not look at my own posts with the spirit of criticism, and this is generally true of you as well. We tend to look critically at others but not at ourselves in the same way.

So then, in making the exhortation that I have made, I take it as gospel truth that it is something that I also have to work on in my own posting on the boards here. I may be the worst of the bunch, since I saw the speck in someone else's eye.

I would say , that is because it is speaking to your flesh and your earthly preferences.
You are by your flesh deciding what you will hear of the scripture. That is why it's called "itching ears".

I do my best to take the whole counsel of God as it is, and not to reject certain doctrines because I don't like them. If I don't like something in God's word, I try to take extra care to determine whether it is sound doctrine; and if it is, I do not reject it over not liking what it says. I also think that over the years, I have basically been open to what the Bible really says on any given subject and have not rejected any doctrine over dislike of that doctrine. I know that since being washed with waves of liquid love in the Lord's presence at the age of 16 (I am now 46), I have loved God's word and have not even disliked for the most part anything that it says. Those things that I might dislike, He has poured in the oil and the wine and has given me joy in the receiving of it.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any person on here that preaches a false gospel, LDS, JW's, and their false christ, other "professing" "believers" rush in to coddle them and assure them they're true believers with a false christ and errant gospel.

No we are not to do that; however when we go in with insults ourselves it is certainly not going to win them to the truth.

You know what is ugly? false teachings they are infecting the Lord's Church and causing people to NOT be saved because they are going in the wide gate instead of the narrow one. Heresies and apostasy needs to be directly confronted and those that defend it are as bad as the false teachers.

Amen.

And the other thing is ugly also. It does not become us who profess a relationship with Christ. We can correct others without having it be abrasive.

I suggest praying to the Lord about how to help you do this; because when we speak abrasively to other people we are misrepresenting Christ to other people. Moses was not allowed to enter in to the promised land because of such a thing.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
washed with waves of liquid love in the Lord's presence
I have loved God's word and have not even disliked for the most part anything that it says. Those things that I might dislike, He has poured in the oil and the wine and has given me joy in the receiving of it.
huh? Isn't this where the charismatics start shouting "OIL more OIL!! " This is why it's important to not stray from what the Bible states and not to listen to false teachings.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that when we are spoken to abrasively, it is human nature that we speak abrasively in return.

Something we all need to work on.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
huh? Isn't this where the charismatics start shouting "OIL more OIL!! " This is why it's important to not stray from what the Bible states and not to listen to false teachings.

Isa 10:27, And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Isa 10:27
It shall come to pass in that day
That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder,
And his yoke from your neck,
And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.

Oil in scripture is representative of the Holy Spirit.

Am I right in assuming that you think that everything charismatic has to do with false teaching?

You have effectively cut out of the body of Christ a major portion of those who believe in Him.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We often hear that the test of any comment or doctrine is scripture, and certainly it is a good test. It's just not the last word, nor is it the best test. Nor should it be considered our last line of defense. To do so, is to admit that we do not understand where we are in God's master plan of revelation, and that we do not have the Holy Spirit leading us unto all truth.

If we are under the impression that the scriptures are the final authority, the tie-breaker during these days...we are behind the times. Jesus made it clear that His "words are spirit." Moreover, by walking out the scriptures that were written of Him - He was put to death. You could say, what He did [by the word] according to the scriptures, was all that was humanly possible. For if a perfect Christ could not do perfectly according to the scriptures without being killed for it - there is nothing more or better that can be done. But, He did not leave it there.

Jesus told us exactly what the next phase was to be during these times - and it was not that we should keep referring back to the scriptures as the final say. No, after doing all that was humanly possible - in other words, by word, and by the scriptures - He very specifically stated that His last words would come as follows:

John 16:13
"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come."

Likewise, the apostle Paul wrote:

Hebrews 6:1-2
"Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."

Therefore, the scriptures, yes, even the elementary principles of Christ...once they are elementary to our learning - are to be "left" behind, that we may go on to "perfection"...which comes by "the Spirit of truth", or not at all.

So...as we enter into discussion here, please know that the scriptures only go so far in determining "all truth" and the last word.
Hi Scott,

In John 16:13 Jesus is talking to his Apostles and that statement is meant for them ONLY. It is not meant for every Christian for all eternity that the Spirit will come and guide them into all truth. That is a why there is sooooo much division in Christianity because everyone thinks they are being personally guided by the Spirit. Some of them then start their own churches and deceive others into believing that what they are preaching is the truth.

Mary

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we are not to do that; however when we go in with insults ourselves it is certainly not going to win them to the truth.
Amen.
And the other thing is ugly also. It does not become us who profess a relationship with Christ. We can correct others without having it be abrasive.

I suggest praying to the Lord about how to help you do this; because when we speak abrasively to other people we are misrepresenting Christ to other people. Moses was not allowed to enter in to the promised land because of such a thing.
Sorry, I don't have time to bake you a cake.:rolleyes:
There is a case of mistakes and then there is promotion of false teachings and heresies. Do you actually think the reproving is for that specific person? It is not , there is little chance that anyone on these forums who pushes any type of false teaching or heresies would turn back from it and repent. Most of us speak up so the false teaching or misrepresentation of scripture is shown for others who might come alone and read these threads so they would not be similarly deceived by them.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 10:27, And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Isa 10:27
It shall come to pass in that day
That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder,
And his yoke from your neck,
And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.

Oil in scripture is representative of the Holy Spirit.

Am I right in assuming that you think that everything charismatic has to do with false teaching?

You have effectively cut out of the body of Christ a major portion of those who believe in Him.
You are not effective at reading comprehension.
Can you not Stick to Exactly what I have typed?
Can you not understand what I have tried to communicate by that post? Apparently not.
Standing on a stage screaming , "OIL, OIL!! " is not scriptural.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't have time to bake you a cake.:rolleyes:
There is a case of mistakes and then there is promotion of false teachings and heresies. Do you actually think the reproving is for that specific person? It is not , there is little chance that anyone on these forums who pushes any type of false teaching or heresies would turn back from it and repent. Most of us speak up so the false teaching or misrepresentation of scripture is shown for others who might come alone and read these threads so they would not be similarly deceived by them.

Nevertheless, you are speaking evil of that which you do not understand.

If people are deterred from what I am teaching, for example, it may be to their eternal condemnation; and you would be responsible for that.

If you want to expose a doctrine as false, then declare what it is and then give the scriptural reasons why it is a false teaching. This is what I do. I don't waste time calling other people heretics; because if I did that I might have three fingers pointing back at me. But I bring to bear on their doctrine what the holy scriptures truly say on the matter.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Briers and thorns. I am not the only one who sees the nature of the fruit involved.
You absolutely don't see the fruit involved, and just because you have a posse` of similarly deceived behind you pointing fingers, just tells me that there are more here who have not got the gift of spiritual discernment- because they reject sound doctrine and have itching ears.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not effective at reading comprehension.
Can you not Stick to Exactly what I have typed?
Can you not understand what I have tried to communicate by that post? Apparently not.
Standing on a stage screaming , "OIL, OIL!! " is not scriptural.
And neither is that what I have done.

But I would say that everything that happens in church isn't necessarily going to have a precedent in the Bible.

Isa 43:19, Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless, you are speaking evil of that which you do not understand.

If people are deterred from what I am teaching, for example, it may be to their eternal condemnation; and you would be responsible for that.

If you want to expose a doctrine as false, then declare what it is and then give the scriptural reasons why it is a false teaching. This is what I do. i don't waste time calling other people heretics; because if I did that I might have three fingers pointing back at me. But I bring to bear on their doctrine what the holy scriptures truly say on the matter.
The evil is what is compelling people on stage to scream , "Oil !! Oil" or to fall down in laughing fits and gyrating like snakes on the ground.