Scripture says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will 'Evolutionist Gentiles' trust in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does an adaptation improve Evolution or does it improve Design? It may improve both, but it will improve Design slightly more (in principle)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if you "pressure" the concept of 'pressure'?

Can it change? If not, then adaptation takes on a more consistent dimension - what is the effect of an adaptation with a consistent dimension? Is that not Design?

Should we want adaptation to consistently adapt a consistent dimension? Isn't that predation (the idea that adaptation should be sacrificed in the light of adaptation to come?)? Can this be done spiritually, so as to not contravene or contradict the value of life despite personal advantage? What if we consistently cut predation off?

Lots of questions (perhaps too many) - it must be a good thing we never trusted Evolution, to do the right thing (on its own)!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I realised that whether we change as a species or not, we are all accountable to God.

This is my prevailing thought now, we have to serve the One we are accountable to.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I realised that whether we change as a species or not, we are all accountable to God.

This is my prevailing thought now, we have to serve the One we are accountable to.
Indeed we are more accountable, the more we associate other species with ourselves.

You can't just say "humans came from monkeys" and not be more accountable!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I came across an interesting proverb, that speaks to the idea that there is one truth which explains everything else:

Life is like a collection of battles, which means it is possible to be a collection of victories (selah)

The thing I like about this proverb, is that it remains open ended - there is no forced conclusion to the idea that "life" is 'something'.

The painful thing about Evolution, is that it tries to take the victory away, as multiple attempts at something is all that is needed to validate it (the effort). I can think of a way to corrupt the proverb, but that's being fair to people who aren't (fair). Maybe if we asked for wisdom like this, we would make progress - but the Bible teaches not to load down with Wisdom, since both the fool and the wise end up in the grave. The truth is, I still feel like a target; it's hard to budge the idea, that Evolutionists need to discover their own freedom, before they will be able to have a humane conversation about how to advance mankind.

Let future dogs, be dogs - that's what I say!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if the times have moved on, and Mankind has not understood the pressure to change its Evolution?

Will faith be scapegoated for holding humanity back? The Devil understood where he had fallen?

Maybe there needs to be a new word: "for the love of Evolution"?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think there is something to be said, for "phases of Evolution" endured together. The idea that Evolution has to go it alone, is a dated one - it does not give room to the Evolution of the pack. The pack hunts better than the lone wolf - nature testifies to that. How much more then, for the pack to endure phases of life (evolution if you will) together? This is the mystery of faith in Evolution, that it is not simply held for the sake of the individual, whose experience is limited, but for the pack, whose diversity is more powerful than the sum of its parts. This is encouragement, this is morality, this is corporation. In essence, this is why it is said "a strong soul, is more important than a more powerful evolution" - the soul gives you the knitting together of the pack (not evolution).

So does the soul, need a special term, for this incorporating work? Is it "the righteousness of the soul"? The feast at the end of the hunt, is for all the pack, it does not starve part of itself, to make a point, about its strength on its own. This seems to be the mistake of modern Evolutionists: that it comes back to the individual 'evolution', when the food attained, is no different (in terms of selection pressure) from one individual to another. In reality, that is an error, with deletrious consequences, not positive ones. Anti-Evolution. We must assume there is a way forward, as a pack - something which the faith has a handle on, in so many ways.

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It must be said, I think "our species are imprinted, on our DNA".

That is, there is no way to escape what you have been created.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Consistently resonating with a choice, do you learn to keep choosing?

The Devil's attack, seems to be coming from a desire to weary (specifically, to weary the strength of Man)?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Welcoming imperfection, has its own kind of strength.

It's not necessary for Evolution, to be perfect all the time, to be a contender.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcoming imperfection, has its own kind of strength.

It's not necessary for Evolution, to be perfect all the time, to be a contender.

Ever watched a Red Bull soapbox race?
There are lots of fancy go karts, running down a race track, the fastest and fascist wins.

But some fall to bits, veer off the track or crash as soon as they are launched.

Evolution is like these, an idea that does not work.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if Evolutionist Gentiles, believed that Jesus ensured that they could have more that is similar, than someone who just wants the same?

That would make sense, right?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think what it might be, is that there is an importance, to the notion of a "clean exit". A high board diver's score, is partially dependent on the quality of the exit they make into the water. If you make a mess of the exit, you lose points. So too with an Evolutionist, the whole point is that you want to make a transition to the optimum Creation - that is, you don't want to end up half one creature and half another, you want the optimum of one in particular. Now you might say "that's convenient", and in part you might be right, but think through what the preceding step must be: if you have an alternative, obstruction to that alternative is no longer a positive - as mutation is claimed to be!

The difficulty is that you need to prioritize different mutations in different ways, or you will end up applying mutations meant for an old design, to a new design, which a sound Evolutionist would counter needs a new mutation. That was Jesus' lesson, when He said "no one puts new wine in old wineskins" (lest the old wineskins break - gospels, from memory). Basically, old mutations slow progress through new mutations down, to breaking point. This is where the idea of a 'clean exit' comes in. If before you transition yourself to a new species, you slow down and empty yourself out of mutations (pertaining to the old design), and then make a transition to a new species, the new species will have all the advantages of being refined Evolutionarily speaking, but none of the hangbacks of the previous design. This is a clean exit - and it ought to score highly!

Now you might say "but how do you know how to pick between old and new mutations?" I think this is a great question. To the Creationist, this question is meaningless, because who they are, why they are that way and what they should do with it, are all answered by God. Part of the solution however, is not merely to throw the baby out with the bathwater, the distinction Jesus made is fine on its own, both as a reminder, that new is not only better, its special, and an instruction, progress slowly, so that you don't mix the two up. Even if you never heard another thing from Jesus and all His teachings, that particular quote would be worth its weight in gold. So being open to being reminded and progressing slowly, do we get somewhere? That ultimately is down to the Holy Spirit. I don't think you can work your way into Heaven, and you can't decide until the next life, what life you think you should be!

This a post-Evolutional attitude, I am adopting here. I'm not saying you can never mutate or you always have to mutate a specific way (I mean if you do, then great, but that's you, that's not everyone), I am saying the pressure you apply to what you think Evolution is is greater if you apply meaning to more than what was. You can't open the door from the inside out. Changing the meaning of mutation, won't help you become a new species, no matter how you try - but transitioning to a position where you understand that speculation is largely relative and consequential will to some extent. Can you make a clean exit, for what you are planning to change into? It's the same for every alternative, at some point you need to deflate what you were - like the caterpillar that wants to be a butterfly -so that you can be what you wanted to be. That's not wrong, just that if you deflate early, your Evolution into something will get mixed up with everything else you have tried to be.

Now you might say "I don't care what I used to be" but that doesn't guarantee that you will survive - you need to survive in some fashion, if you have no Cross to sustain, but at some point you will have to admit there is a Cross that is greater than any specific Evolution. You will live if you trust the Cross, that is what I am saying. I can see that a clean exit is needed, because I know in what way the Cross of Jesus Christ sustains me - if I was to change in to something else, for Christ's sake, what He said about wineskins would be extremely relevant to me (worth laying my life on the line for, even). I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Proverbs says (17:10) that "rebuke is more effective for a man of understanding, than a hundred blows on a fool" - this means that the preparation of the heart, has more to do with Evolution, than the specific change that might be immanent.

A fool does not grasp this!

What then is 'wise' Evolution? Is it not partly to do with the preparation of the heart, that comes from God?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I have a proverb that speaks to Evolution:
Gottservant said:
The tail can wag, as long as the head is held constant (selah)
In other words, there is change in a species, from one kind to another, as long as the species of the change, is consistent over time (held constant).

This settles once and for all, that Evolution can take place in limited contexts.

Now all that is needed, is for someone to test how much variation is possible (and perhaps "why?").

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a concept I call "uniform restraint", which is the idea that a species having the one definition, can adapt multiple answers to the survival problem and copy the details from those that survive. That makes "design" a survival value.

This can be applied equally to both Creation and Evolution.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It (Evolutionist Gentiles trusting Jesus) may be as simple as quoting "in weakness My strength is made perfect".

Consider this "pouring adaptational focus, on the weakness of the creature, gives it the best chance at surviving" - like a pinball machine: if you pour your focus on the two flippers at the bottom of the table, you are able to manipulate the ball to reach all the targets on that table.

If a snake focuses on the retention of its venom, it can focus on killing a significant creature - but if it gets excited about its prey early, it may not deliver a lethal injection after all.

The point is that the fulcrum, enables leverage.

Why should Evolution, be any different?